Lucky

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Elka raised an eyebrow, "$150K for both, inventory included? Really? Shit, if that place is everything you say it is we could buy it, upgrade a few things and resell in a year or so."

Then the Elka grin washed across her face, "Or we could just stay here and run it. Maybe make a garden center out of the place next door. Buy a little place and settle down. The opportunities are endless. Truth be told I'm tired of the blood and carnage in ER, not to mention the doctors who think every single nurse is their private piece of ass. Cindy in the motel office says the regional hospital in town is always looking for experienced staff. If I get bored I'm sure I can get a job there. Take me to look at the place."

As we walked in the store Clarence was where I'd left him an hour ago. He waved.

"Back agin young fella? This here the little woman?"

Before I could answer Elka spoke, "Yep. That's me, the little woman."

Clarence shook her hand and winked. The sly old dog. "What brings you back sonny?"

Once again Elka spoke before I could, "We're interested in buying your property. You told Lars one fifty for both. Right?" He nodded.

"Lock, stock, and barrel. Inventory included." She asked.

He took her hand and stroked it softly, "Sweetheart I'd love to do a bit better but I jist caint, no matter how pretty you are."

She smiled, "Oh, I'm not asking you to sell it for less, just asking if what I said is right."

"Yup, but you kids aint got that kinda money layin around."

I watched as Elka's hackles raised, "Bet me. We'll have the cash in your hands in two days if you can get your lawyer to draw up the papers that quickly. Anywhere to rent locally?"

He laughed, "Won't need to. There's an apartment above the store. Me and Myrtle lived there until our knees gave out and we couldn't climb the stairs no more. It aint bad, needs to be modernized, some paint, new appliance, that kinda stuff. Take a look, stairways right behind that door."

Clarence was right, from all appearances it looked like all it needed was to be upgraded and cleaned thoroughly. Before we descended the stairs I took Elka's arm.

"What's with the little woman thing?"

She chuckled, "Same last name, in a town where no one knows us. It might be a good idea to let them think we're together before the tongues begin to wag. Don't worry, I won't make you kiss me in public."

I was staring at her in unbelief when she burst out laughing. "You pervert, you're undressing me with your eyes. Come on, lets see if we can seal this deal before it gets away."

While we were upstairs Clarence had called his lawyer. Turning to us as we entered the store from the stairway he said.

"Can't have the papers ready in two days but if you can hang around a few more days we can close the sale then, providing you got the money."

I was content to let Elka keep the reigns, "We have that and then some. I'll call our bank and have the cash transferred to one of our accounts in the morning. We can do a cash transfer directly into your bank."

Clarence stiffened, "MMM, rather have it in my hand sweetheart."

Elka leaned over the counter and took his hand, the little flirt. "The banking system isn't going to allow that large a transaction hand to hand. The feds are going to want a paper trail, which we can provide by transferring money from our account to yours. It's above board and legal, ask your lawyer. Once it's in your account you can do what you want with it."

He stammered a minute before answering, "Lemme call Phil at home, I just wanna be sure this aint no scam thing."

As he hung up the old rotary dial phone he smiled, "Guess you was right. He says Wednesday at two o'clock, his office. I'll give you the address."

As soon as we were in the truck Elka was making notes to contact our bank and lawyer first thing in the morning. After a half hour on the phone with each she arranged for $200,000 to be transferred into an account accessible to us online for the sale. We figured having extra money at our disposal would be a good idea. She gave our lawyer the name of his lawyer to work out all the legal eagle stuff. Our minds were going a mile a minute as we walked into the motel room making plans and talking about suggestions for improvements and upgrades. Something she said stayed with me.

"Let's keep the old land line and rotary phone. It's cool as hell and everybody knows the number. We can add a cell phone number as well and we absolutely must change from handwritten invoices. You can do your magic and set it up to verify inventory and all the cool shit you do with computers."

The afternoon was spent driving through the country and acquainting ourselves with the area. We'd had a mid-day snack at a little burger place before heading for home. So engrossed were we in our plans and aspirations after getting back to the motel that we ended up ordering a pizza to be delivered just after eight. I was the first to shower and was sitting on the bed in my underwear doing research on items I wanted to add to the inventory. Elka came out of the bathroom with only a towel wrapped around her. I watched her walk to the suitcase, take out panties and a nightie, then turned her back to me and wiggled her butt with a giggle. Of the two of us she had always been more risqué, things I might blush at or think not appropriate she would laugh off and tell me to get with the program. She stopped at the bathroom door and opened the towel just enough to see her left thigh.

I asked, "What the hell Elka?"

With her classic naughty girl grin she answered, "We haven't seen each other naked since we began puberty. I thought you might like a look at what I've been hiding all these years."

I scoffed, shook my head and said, "Stop it."

When she emerged twenty minutes later her hair was dry and she was ready for bed. The nightie wasn't tight but clung to her figure, something I didn't turn my eyes from. She snickered when she caught me looking.

"Why Lars, are you sneaking a peek at your twin sister? You naughty boy."

I groaned as she laughed and slid between the sheets. After another fifteen minutes of research I decided it was time to turn out the light and catch some shut eye. Lying in the dark looking toward her bed I sensed she was doing the same thing, looking at me through the darkness. I heard her soft voice drift my way as it had for years when we shared a room as youngsters.

"Lars I'm really excited about this new venture. I can see us settling down and becoming members of the business community. I think we should keep the same name for the store, it's been like that forever and everybody knows it. That place needs more lights though, it's hard to see in there."

She was thinking the same thing I was, we had always been that way. It's true what they say about twins having an inner connection of some sort.

"Yes, I think you're right. I know we need to upgrade and do some minor stuff like lighting, but I want to stay open while we do it. Let people see that we're making improvements instead of shutting down a few weeks and then reopening. What are your thoughts?"

We jabbered back and forth with different ideas and scenarios when she suddenly asked.

"Lars. Do you think I'm still pretty, like when we were younger?"

I sat up and turned on the light. "What the hell Elka? Of course you're pretty. Why would you ask?"

Looking dead in my eyes she answered, "Because nobody has hit on me for a while and I know you won't lie to me. Am I really pretty Lars?"

I turned off the light and lay down, "Without a doubt Elka you are one of the most beautiful women I know. As far as no one hitting on you, you're with me all the time and frankly that's a silly way to gauge whether you're attractive. Now that we've settled the fact that you're cute as a button, I need to sleep."

I sensed she was asleep long before I was. I kept thinking of how different the night had been compared to all the other nights we'd stayed in different towns. We had been getting adjoining rooms or a room next to one another except this motel had neither. If we had taken two rooms, they would have been on opposite ends of the complex. We opted for a room with two queens instead. Our sleeping in the same room wasn't necessarily awkward, just different.

Following a late breakfast the next morning we walked the short ways to the store. Everything was locked up tight with a note on the door, "Closed for Merl Adams Funeral. Open tomorrow." We found it amusing but gave us an opportunity to look through the fence surrounding the back lot. There were gates, stock tanks, fence posts, barbed wire, chicken fence and numerous other inventory items. Under an overhang off the back of the building were stacks of salt licks and binder twine. What we couldn't figure out was the little shed enclosed on three sides and nothing in it. Looking at the front façade of the store we decided to keep the name but have the sign repainted.

Walking next door to the old five and dime wasn't as interesting. Like Clarence had said, it was boarded up. What we did like was that the parking lot was good sized and the front half blacktopped. Elka noted that once the fence blocking the lot entrance was taken down we could use it for the store and whatever we decided to do with the building. Formulating what we would do with that building was still anybody's guess. Once we were able to get inside we would have a better idea. Which occurred Wednesday morning ahead of the closing. It was as Clarence had said, in need of paint and upgrading, possibly some minor mechanical issues to be checked for safety and compliance. After looking things over we sat with Clarence.

Since Elka seemed to have a good rapport with him I let her do the talking. "Clarence we want to make a slight change to our sale agreement. Price stays the same and all the rest. What we want is for you to stay on a month to acquaint us with inventory, billing and basically show us how the place runs. For this we will pay you an additional five thousand cash, the lawyers and the government don't need to know anything about it. What do you think, can you do that?"

He smiled, "Durn tootin I can. It'll give me time to say goodbye to folks, and introduce you two to folks around town. I got a small farm just outside of town I'll need to sell. That'll be hard to move since I don't wanna sell it to no developer."

I looked at Elka who was already smiling, she raised her eyebrows, I nodded.

"How about this Clarence. Let us take you to supper and then show us the farm before the sun sets. We may be interested."

He studied us a minute before replying, "You really wanna do that? Ya got the apartment upstairs. It'll be cheaper that way, besides, the farm's kinda run down, I aint as young as I used to be. Most of the crop land is leased but that will end after harvest. I think you should stay at the store."

Elka took his hand and was using all her worldly charm as she spoke, "Let's talk more about that at dinner. Why don't you let us take you to lunch and we'll walk to the lawyer's office."

He sat back, "Aint got nobody to watch the store until one, Earl is comin in jist afore that."

Elka smiled, "Do you think he might come in earlier?" Clarence nodded. "Get him on the phone I want to talk to him."

She had Earl talked into coming right away. Walking down the street to the diner Elka slipped her arm through mine. I looked down with one of those "what's going on" looks. She smiled and said softly, "Shush, just go with it."

At the diner Clarence introduced us as Lars and his little woman Elka. It bothered me but she seemed to love the idea and went with the flow. At the lawyer's office he wondered how Norwegians could have a last name like Stanley. Once again, it was Elka to the rescue. Lars mom was Norwegian but his dad was from Oregon. My grandparents were both Norwegian."

That seemed to settle things and the sale went along smoothly. In less than 45 minutes the money had been transferred and we were the new owners of Boones Farm and Dairy Supply. As well as the building next door and its few contents. Considering Elka had been on a roll with all the negotiations to that point I told her to continue when we took Clarence to dinner. Walking back to the store she stopped and held me in place by my hand.

She looked at me funnily, "Are you sure? You haven't done much talking, I don't want you upset at me. I just seem to have a connection with the old guy."

I smiled, "We're in this together sis. We've always looked out for each other, I have complete confidence in you. There's no one on this earth that I trust more. We should find out what he wants for the place and agree on a price though, before you say yes to a sale."

She grinned, "Of course silly. I would never make a decision like that without your input. Let's take a quick look around the store and then go back to the motel, I need a nap."

At the store we met Earl, a middle aged guy who seemed to be enthusiastic. Through conversation he revealed that he'd lost his job several months ago when a manufacturing plant closed and he'd been filling in part time for Clarence. I asked if he was interested in full time employment.

"You bet sir. The missus would be mighty happy if I found a full time job."

I looked at him, "Okay, let me talk it over with Elka and we'll let you know in the morning."

Clarence was back by then, he gave us all the keys to the store except a set for himself. He gave Elka, not me, all the keys to the building next door. He winked at her and said. "I spect that'll be your place soon enough anyways. Aint nuthin over there for your fella."

As we were saying our goodbyes and making sure Clarence was going to meet us at the local supper club at six he asked.

"Are you and the little woman sure about seein the farm? I mean, it aint much anymore. Buildings need work and I aint done nothin to the inside other than keep it clean since my woman died."

I shook his hand, "Yes sir, me and the little woman are absolutely sure. We've talked about it at length. I made reservations for six so make sure you're there on time."

We said nothing on the short jaunt to the motel. Once inside the room she changed into some sweats while I was in the bathroom and laid down. I closed the curtains to darken the room and followed suit. I was nearly asleep when her soft angelic voice broke through.

"Lars. Can I lay with you?"

I had no objection, "Sure. Just don't hog the bed like when we were kids."

With her snuggled against my back she spoke softly, "You're really playing the little woman thing up. What gives?"

I turned to face her, our noses weren't more than five inches apart, "Well. If we're gonna make this charade work, we sure as hell can't be calling each other brother and sister, can we?"

She sighed, "I guess not. I hadn't thought of it that way. Then I'm going to start wearing mom's wedding ring, it fits me. You don't need to wear anything, but women look for that sort of thing on a married woman."

I acquiesced, "Yeah, that makes sense, I guess. I need to think about wearing one."

Her next question floored me, "Will you hold my hand and kiss me in public then?"

I pushed back enough to look into her eyes, "Don't push it sis. Yeah, we should probably hold hands or something like that when we're in the public, and maybe a kiss if it's expected, but don't get your hopes up. We are brother and sister in case you've forgotten."

She slumped into my chest, "I know, I just feel so safe when I'm with you. I need to sleep Lars, don't let me go past four."

I put my arm around her shoulder, "What makes you think that I'll be awake at four?"

"Because you never nap for more than a half hour."

And she was right, I never seemed to do more than quick power naps. When I woke she was snuggled tight to my chest, as I attempted to untangle myself from her she made one of those "MMMM" sounds, as if to say, "not yet." I gently slid from her grasp, laid her head on the pillow, kissed her on the forehead and whispered. "Shhhh, sleep."

She was lost in sandland immediately. I decided to walk to the office for a Dr Pepper. Once inside Cindy walked around the counter.

"So. I hear you folks are the new owners of Boone's. Sure you're ready for something like that? I mean being young and probably not married very long. It can put a lot of stress on a relationship. I wish you well."

I popped the can, took a long swig trying to figure out what to say, "There won't be any problem for me and Elka, we've known each other since forever. This is something we both want to do, it'll work out just fine. Thanks for the concern though. Once we're up and running we plan to have a huge bbq in the lot next to the store, everyone will be invited."

She chuckled, "Now there's something this town needs, a family restaurant. There are the diners, fast-food joints, and the supper club but there's nothing in between. Maybe you should think about converting the old five and dime. I can guarantee it would be busy, folks can only do the diners and fast-food places so much. And the supper club is too expensive to take the kids. Nope, a family kind of place would go gangbusters here. Talk to your bride about it."

And there it was, Elka was now being referred to as my bride. What the hell, I never saw that freight train coming. There was no turning back now, we were going to need to behave like a husband and wife. We were going to have to have a serious talk and make sure we didn't slip up and mention we were twins. Shit, why did I let that little snot talk me into this situation. Were she not my sister I would gladly make her my wife, but she was. How were we going to pull this off?

While she was sleeping I took a short walk down main street. News certainly travels fast in smaller cities. Nearly everyone I met on the street knew that Elka and I were the new owners of what most called the farm store. Walking past the bakery I noticed she was closed but that there were loaves of bread sitting on a table alongside the building. When I asked someone about it they commented that she would put the day old bread out for those who were down and out as the lady put it. I found myself thinking that was a wonderful gesture. Instead of tossing the food she was able to move the older products and the indigent were able to eat something relatively fresh.

As I opened the door and walked into the room Elka was coming out of the shower wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around her head. She shrieked, I grunted, apologized and walked away as quickly as possible. Wandering around the parking lot wasting time so she could dress I was unhappy with myself. For the first time in our entire lives I was feeling aroused looking at my sister. Damn she looked good, long slender torso, cute breasts that jiggled a little as she was drying her hair, and then there was that soft elegant looking patch of blond hair at the apex of her thighs.

Both of us have natural blonde hair, however my pubic hair had turned a light brown as I aged. Hers obviously never did. I was chastising myself about not being able to get that image from my mind. I mean, how do you unsee something like that. With my back still turned to the door I heard it open.

Elka poked her head out and called, "Lars, honey, it's time to get ready."

When I looked around to see who the show had been for there stood Cindy peering out the office window. I was thinking as I walked to the room, "boy, we're going to have to be on our toes every moment of every day to make this sham work." And if it didn't work our business and lives would be ruined. We had no choice but to make sure it worked. I planned to open the door slowly just in case, to my surprise it opened from the inside with a flurry. Standing in a skirt and bra was Elka.