Made in Death's Image

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"G-Grace," Michael moaned softly.

Grace turned, her attention onto Michael, a relief filling her.

"I'm here. I'm here now."

EPILOGUE

"M-Michael," Grace whispered, "Run."

Codrin laughed, ripping out her throat.

Michael let out a silent scream, before he sat up suddenly, his body wincing in complete agony. He panted for air as a rhythmic beeping calmed him. The walls were white, the room smelled of rubbing alcohol and plastic. On the couch beside his hospital bed was Fran, sound asleep curled up on her side.

"She's only getting to sleep in the past hour."

Michael turned, looking over to where Grace stood in the doorway. Dressed as beautiful as ever except she looked different. She wore a pair of black jeans and a simple white shirt. No red lipstick in sight. Fear filled him just looking at her and yet the memories of her saving him filled his head. He remembered her carrying him from the burning castle all the way to the hospital.

"P-Please," he crocked, trying to joke, "T-Tell me you didn't tell them I tripped down a staircase and out a window."

Grace chuckled softly at that, "No. I told them you were jumped."

"My p-poor manhood," he sighed.

"Michael," Grace began, breaking down, "I-I'm sorry."

He shook his head, deciding that there was already so much hurt and pain in the world tonight to even begin with their problems. So instead, he turned his face towards the window, where the sun was setting. He decided it was a beautiful day to be alive.

"W-We don't need to talk about it," he said softly.

She nodded, her heart sinking, "Can I stay? With you."

"I don't know," he admitted.

"Can I make this better?" she sobbed softly.

"I don't know," he whispered back, looking over at her, "But you can try."

She looked at him but said nothing. The slight smile on his face said it all. Slowly, as if approaching a scared child, she stood beside him. Gently, placing her hand on his. He flinched at first but didn't move his hand away. Despite smelling his fear, she didn't move her hand either. Instead, they both continued to silently smile, watching as the sun continued to fall.

Unknowing to their future, and yet both were hopeful for a future together.

END OF BOOK ONE.

1...67891011