Magic is a Powerful Thing Ch. 05

Story Info
A young man discovers the secrets of true magic.
6.4k words
4.58
18.8k
16

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/04/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I would like to thank PrincessKari for editing my stories and to thank the readers for reading them. Please feel free to leave a comment with your thoughts and feelings on the story. I promise that I read them all.

Note from the Editor: I do apologize for any mistakes that were made in prior chapters. I am only fluent in American English, so there are some differences in spelling that I may have changed or overlooked. I am using an addon that assists me with editing, but I have only just managed to figure out how to switch it to the proper localization of English. It also limits what type of errors it picks up based on whether you have the free version or the paid version.

******

Jacob groaned deeply as he reached up to his aching forehead. Opening his eyes was painful at first, but his vision cleared slowly, revealing the room he was in. It was girlish in the extreme with pink walls and cream furniture. He was laying on top of the bed with its pink sheets still fully clothed. He wondered where he was and cast his mind back to the last thing he remembered.

Willow's face twisting with anger. Her ring aglow with power as red crackling lightning danced across her fists. His desperate dive to the side and the feeling of heat as the couch exploded. Then looking back and seeing her hand, the energy already leaping from her outstretched fingers towards him. A flash of crimson light. Then, power... floating... A terrified Willow at his feet... The ruins of the living room scattered around them... His hands, shining as bright as can be... The feeling of immense power in his chest and him saying, "What am I?" as darkness consumed him, causing him to faint.

Jacob returned to the room from his memories. He had been attacked by Stephany's mom in an attempt to destroy him but failed. Jacob was extremely confused and held his head in his hands when a thought occurred to him. If he was just attacked, where was he now? Jacob sprung to his feet and looked around for the door. He saw it and immediately made his way towards it. When he opened the door and peeked outside, he saw a long corridor with a familiar carpet. He was still in Stephany's place. This was most likely Stephany's or Tina's bedroom. Neither was entirely comforting with what Willow had just tried, and Jacob felt an immediate need to be anywhere else. Jacob slowly crept towards the top of the staircase, looking down to see if anyone was near the staircase. That's when he heard the faint voices downstairs and stopped dead in his tracks as he heard Stephany's voice, deciding to listen in.

*****

Stephany was furious at her mom. She kept biting her tongue to keep herself from swearing at her mother as she watched her mother magically repair the damage done to the living room. Tina, on the other hand, watched in awe as her mother was doing "Harry Potter" in the living room.

"How many times can I say I'm sorry, Stephany?!" exclaimed Willow as she reformed the couch from the splinters and rags she had reduced it to.

"I don't know mom," replied Stephany. "Maybe when my boyfriend wakes up from whatever spell you cast on him!"

"Don't you use that tone of voice with me, young lady!"

"You attacked my boyfriend, mom!" Stephany retorted.

"I know," said Willow as she slumped in defeat. "What I did... was wrong, honey. Please forgive me."

Stephany looked at her mother and felt her rage melt away. She knew why her mother had done what she did and had to agree that she would have done the same if she was in her mother's shoes. She walked up to her mom and hugged her. Upon seeing the hug, Tina ran up to join in.

Willow held her daughters and knew things would be different now. They stayed there until a polite cough echoed from the living room entrance. All 3 girls turned to see Jacob standing sheepishly.

"Uhhhmmm... Hi. Can someone tell me what happened?"

*****

Two hours later, everyone was sitting in the living room. Tina was on the floor, trying and failing to use magic to float one of her toys; Stephany was on the couch beside Jacob, gently hugging his arm as if to stop him vanishing in thin air; And Willow was in her chair, sipping from a coffee mug while Jacob drank a Coke. It had taken a while for each to tell their story, starting with Willow. She spoke at length on how her mother had started her training at 10, pitting her against other children in the coven in bouts of skill and sometimes battle. By the time she had reached the age of 16, she outmatched most adults in duels, thanks to her skills in enchanting. When she reached 18, however, she gave up the life of magic and went to college to study law. Soon, that life was behind her as she became immersed in her studies and fell in love with Stephany and Tina's father. Sadly, he passed away when Tina was young due to Cancer, leaving her as an only mother to what was once a brooding, geek son and her hyperactive daughter.

Jacob waited for her to finish before beginning his tale. How the shadow of his brother and sister always seemed to loom over him. How at school, he was bullied relentlessly for his inability to fight back. After his brother's trial, his mother had divorced his father for supporting his son's actions. He then slowly recounted the day at school. Why he had been in the bathrooms in the first place and how he could see magic as a colourful aura in the air. How in a moment of curiosity he had drawn the magic to him, and for the first time in his life, felt he could do anything. When Sven had busted down the door, he could see Sven as a ghostly outline with Steven in the centre, like tissue paper over a bright light. He told her how he started to mould Steven like clay, removing all the excess features and revealed what was deep inside Steven. He looked into Stephany's eyes and talked about how aroused he felt just looking at her new form. Then he spoke about the spells he cast. The first being a small spell to stop Stephany from referring to herself as Steven or Sven so no one would think she was crazy. Jacob was deeply embarrassed and ashamed until Willow nodded and motioned for him to continue. The next spell he wanted to cast just on Stephany making anyone near her think of her as always being Stephany but that he had to hurry the spell. His power was waning fast and before he could finish darkness clouded the edges of his vision and the world spun around him.

When he had finished with what he remembered at school, Stephany began. Telling them both about how miserable her life had been. How Maddilyn had bumped into him and swapped his usual chocolate bar for one laced in laxatives. How embarrassed he had been when every bathroom he approached had two bullying jocks before them and how he tried to resist until the inevitable happened. He had come home that day in tears and was so distraught he considered ending it. That was until he remembered the grimoire he had seen in the attic last year. He climbed upstairs into the tight attic space and managed to find it and brought it back down. He then spent hours upon hours translating the cover until he found the right spells to open the book. How he then found only one page would open for him and allow him to cast an illusion of his choosing. Willow patiently listened while Jacob held Stephany's hand. Tina made gagging motions at the hand-holding and returned to trying to levitate her toys.

Stephany talked about her time as Sven. How he was made to be perfect eye candy but it didn't affect his voice or the fact that he felt extremely awkward around girls. She also spoke about how being Sven drained her. Every morning she would apply the illusion, sweating before the mirror. The illusion would only last until the end of the school day and usually vanished on her way home. But it never got easier for her and always left her feeling completely worn out. Then she began to talk about the transformation, starting when she entered the bathroom because she felt faint and wanted to draw from the power that she had discovered under the school. When she began the chant the power had swelled and then disappeared from her grasp. She then followed the path to the locked stall and kicked it open, only to find Jacob standing there, radiating power. How she struggled to keep her cock from getting hard at how handsome he was as he spoke to her. There was a dreamy quality to her eyes as she recounted this and Willow seemed a little uneasy for a moment before Stephany continued.

"After you transformed me, There was a huge wave of energy that flew from you. It didn't seem to affect anyone but you and it sent you flying back into the stall." Stephany said. "You even hit your head against the toilet seat and had a huge lump. I didn't know what to do so I just screamed admittedly like a girl and a teacher came in." She sighed a little. "I was then sent back to class where everyone kept calling me Stephany. Soon I realized that you had made the whole school think I was a girl always called Stephany. At first, I felt angry. Well no not angry. More like Furious." She was blushing in such a cute way that Jacob couldn't help but find it adorable as Stephany continued to speak.

"I knew I couldn't do anything about it till after school so I gritted my teeth to bear it. What I didn't realize until after lunch was that no one was bullying me. Instead, some girls would come up and ask me to help with some difficult problems they had in maths or chemistry. For once I didn't sit alone at lunch in the library as I sat with 2 girls, helping them with their math homework. Sure it wasn't like they were my friends but It felt so much better than eating alone." Stephany smiled at Jacob. "I have you to thank for that."

"Later. I went to see you at the hospital." She continued. "I wasn't really mad anymore, but I felt I needed to see you again. Once there I saw you looked perfectly fine and I thought of you as a bully. I summoned every memory of being bullied and imagined you had caused it all. So when I grabbed you and tried to force you to change me back...But I didn't want to go back. For the first time, I wasn't scared of school. Then you calmed me down and all that anger and rage and fear I had summoned up against you just left me. It was then I realized that deep down this is what I was meant to be."

Willow Jacob and Stephany sat in silence for a moment until Tina walked over to her mom and asked "mom can you teach me magic please?"

Willow smiled and realized that she had denied her daughters what she had been given at a young age.

"If that's what you want Tina. I will but it's very hard." She spoke in a motherly tone before standing up and looking at her phone. "But before we talk about that, how about dinner?"

Jacob's stomach growled in approval when food was mentioned and he nodded. Willow looked in the fridge and winced at the emptiness. Thinking to herself it was too late to cook frozen she reached into a drawer and pulled out a takeaway menu. While waiting, Willow explained to the teenagers the first rule of magic.

"When using magic you should limit how much you do in one sitting." She began. "Otherwise you get what we call an 'Overload'. Your mind and body can't handle the power and shut's you down for a reset."

"So," said Jacob. "What happened to me was too much magic?"

Willow nodded and smiled before getting some cutlery and plates out for the dinner. Letting the young man ponder what it meant as she also remembered her first overload and how at the age of 7 she had not only fainted but woke up an hour later needing a change of clothing and blushed with embarrassment.

An hour later they were all munching on Chinese food and talking about whatever came to mind. Stephany and Jacob gave Willow a rundown of the legacy hero movie while Tina told them all about a game she had been playing on her game console. Soon after finishing their meal Jacob got up and excused himself to head home. He felt both relieved and tired after all the truths that had been revealed and wanted to get home to relax. Stephany walked him to her front porch and as they stopped before leaving Stephany bundled up her courage and kissed Jacob square on the lips. Jacob froze for a moment before surrendering and kissing her back. For the next few minutes, both were oblivious to the world around them as they kissed and held one another tightly. Neither noticed Willow watching from the living room window with her hand over her mouth as she saw her daughter kiss her first boyfriend. Nor did they notice Tina who was also watching and made gagging motions at her sister kissing a boy. Once they parted, Jacob spoke.

"S...so. Would you like to come over to mine to hang out tomorrow?" He said rather breathlessly and prayed Stephany couldn't feel the hard-on in his pants.

"I would love to." She replied with a blush smiling from ear to ear.

"See you around 12ish?"

A nod was all the reply he got as Stephany retreated inside. He smiled and shook his head in amazement before leaving the patio and heading to his home. When he got there he was met by his mom who stood in the hallway with her hands on her hips.

"Ok young man." she said in a serious tone "where the hell have you been?"

Jacob gulped and wondered what he did wrong. His mind was awhile as he tried to explain until his mom burst out laughing and holding her side. Jacob was dumbstruck but quickly began laughing too.

"Not funny. Mom," he said through the laughter.

"If that's the case, why are you laughing?" she smugly asked, knowing she had won. She then brought her son into the small kitchen and gave him a coke while she had a small glass of wine and told him. "Now spill the beans dear. I wanna know all about your date with that cute girl."

Jacob sighed and began to tell her about the movie and meeting her family. He missed out on the magic attack and the visit to the school but told his mom everything else not involving magic. He knew no matter how down to earth his mother was. She wasn't ready to find out that Dungeons and Dragons could be a reality tv show. Of course, Mary lapped it up. She loved hearing about her son's date and was also glad to hear Stephany was coming over tomorrow.

"Ooh I will need to get a nice big roasting joint tomorrow for dinner," said Mary to herself but loud enough for Jacob to catch.

"Mom," whined Jacob. "She's only coming over to hang out. She's not coming over for a dinner date."

"Now now dear Her mother went to the effort of feeding my boy," said Mary with a tone that brooked no argument. "It would be wrong of me to not offer the same courtesy."

Jacob knew when he was beaten and gave up resigning himself from the battle and heading to his bedroom. He began to gather his bathroom things and got into a shower throwing the clothes he wore today into the hamper and putting on a light pair of lounge pants and a well-worn t-shirt he suspected had belonged to his brother before him, before heading upstairs to the attic and into his bed.

*****

Mary woke up early the next day and after a quick shower threw on a pair of blue denim and a pink turtleneck jumper with some cream wedges with pink straps. She headed downstairs and quickly left a note just in case her son woke up while she was gone then headed out to her car. She felt so excited as she headed to the local 24h supermarket and began to grab what she would need for dinner tonight. She started with some fresh vegetables, carrots, potatoes, leeks, runner beans, and a head each of broccoli and cauliflower. Then she headed to the deli counter and ordered a large cut of ham. Mary thanked the young man at the counter and tried not to notice his eyes fixated on her chest. She always hated those looks and how it made her feel like she was too fat. No matter how much she worked out when she was younger she could never shift the weight of her breasts. Eventually, after having Rosa she gave up the gym and just accepted that she would always have fat breasts. But every once and a while she would catch some young man looking at her and feel self-conscious. She shook her head and returned to the moment gathering the rest of the meal she had planned the night before and heading to the self-checkout to pay.

She was home within the hour of leaving and sat the two bags of shopping on the kitchen counter. She was a little out of breath but found her note where she had left it so realized Jacob was probably still sleeping. She smiled and let him sleep as she began to do prep work for the meal. First, she started the oven at a low temperature and took out the large ham joint. She grabbed her sharpest knife and cut a third of it off the joint and set it aside. Then she got out a large soup pot and began to slice the leaks while the kettle boiled.

It was around now she heard movement upstairs and the bathroom door shut behind her son. She smiled as she remembered the cute girl who arrived yesterday. She had a kind of cute goth girl look about her that made her remember her misspent youth trying to be a skater girl to impress a boy despite having the balance of a newborn giraffe. "Still." she thought to herself "those days behind the ramps making out were rather fun." she blushed at the memory before continuing her tasks.

By the time Jacob had washed and dressed himself to come down for breakfast, he found his mom had started to make her homemade soup, had her breadmaker on making a fresh loaf and was in the middle of putting a large ham roast joint in the oven.

"Mom?" asked Jacob incredulously at the prep work being done.

"Morning dear," said Mary affectionately as she began to put the rest of the shopping in the fridge including a nice chocolate cake she had bought for dessert.

"Mom. She is coming over to hang out. You're not feeding the masses." moaned Jacob but already he knew arguing was pointless. He grabbed an apple for his breakfast and a can of coke from the fridge.

"Well, I want to make a good impression. Ok?" Mary smiled and ruffled her son's still slightly damp hair before continuing with her tasks.

Jacob watched her move around the kitchen with almost dance-like precision and flare. He had always known his mom loved to cook but had never been confident enough to push it further than home cooking. She was however an excellent cook and organizer. "Which probably helped her in her work as a secretary." thought Jacob as he munched his apple at the kitchen table. Looking up at the wall and noting the time was already past 11 am, He finished his apple and headed upstairs to set up his Xbox for some two-player action. While he set up the console, he thought about why he wanted Stephany over. Sure he enjoyed her company and she was surprisingly beautiful in that cute nerdy way he loved. But he also wanted her over to talk about magic.

His thoughts turned to the book under his bed. All the knowledge of magic from a true witch. All of it, contained in one book and at his disposal. He felt a pull to experiment and test himself. To see his limits and to see just what he can do. But he resisted the siren's call and forever knew that he would always be tempted by that call from now on.

******

Stephany couldn't stop grinning as she almost skipped up the path towards Jacob's house and rang the doorbell. Today she was dressed in a pair of denim cut-offs to make them into tiny shorts, a pair of long stripey tights, converse high tops, and a nice but small leather bomber jacket with a tank top underneath. Her hair was in its braids as usual and she was wearing her wide circular glasses. She had gone from neutral makeup too to highlight her natural beauty on advice from her mom.

When the door opened she saw Mary and smiled at the woman.

"Oh. Hi Stephany dear please come in." gushed Mary as she turned around allowing Stephany to get a good look at her small but voluptuous figure and especially her large ass. She had to remind herself to stay in control as her clit throbbed in its silken prison then marvelled at how she was now bisexual. When Stephany stepped inside she was assaulted by wonderous smells. Following her nose, she ended up in the kitchen where she also found Mary stirring a simmering pot of freshly made soup. Next to her was a bread maker which smelled of a malt loaf and looking at the oven door the shadow of a ham roast was backlit clearly. Stephany was amazed and wondered what she had walked in on.

12