Magic Spell Gone Awry

Story Info
Magic gender change spell backfires.
10.5k words
4.77
29.2k
47
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story includes magic, gender change, and lesbian sex.

***********************************************

Elwyn was a student at the school of magic. He was 18 and a senior and clearly one of the best students at that school. There was really only one other male student comparable in skill to Elwyn and that was Tyson. Tyson had almost identical grades as Elwyn and though they were almost identical in skill, for some reason in a head to head contest, Tyson always won.

It was like Tyson had Elwyn's number and Elwyn could never get the better of him in magic. To make it worse, Tyson was tall, athletic, and very handsome. All the prettiest girls in the school swooned over Tyson. Elwyn was shorter, not athletic, and not as good looking. Sure, there were girls who liked Elwyn, but never the prettiest ones.

Elwyn became very resentful over how Tyson seemed to be the top dog, even though Elwyn suspected he was a slightly better wizard. Elwyn wished that just once he could cut Tyson down to size. He decided that he needed to find some magical way to humiliate Tyson, even if it was only briefly. He began scouring books of magic for some spell that could do it.

Elwyn spent days pouring through books of obscure magic spells trying to find one that would humiliate Tyson without doing permanent damage. After a while, he came across one which he thought might just be what he wanted. Since Tyson was the epitome of masculinity at their school, turning him into a girl, might be just the thing.

The spell was very old and quite obscure and based on what he read, would generally reverse in about a week. Making Tyson be a girl for a week, seemed like just the thing to make him a little less the big man on campus, so to speak. Since it usually reversed, there would be no permanent damage, except to Tyson's ego.

There were caveats that if the spell was done in conjunction with some other spells it might be permanent. Elwyn figured if he did it permanently, he would likely get in serious trouble, but he just wanted to make Tyson a little more humble, if only for a time. Elwyn learned the spell and practiced the incantation silently many times. He wanted to get it perfectly.

Elwyn figured he could catch Tyson as they were going to lunch. Tyson would then be female before all the seniors in their class. Once he felt he had the spell down perfectly, he decided to do it at lunch the very next day. To be most effective, the subject needed to face the person casting the spell, but Elwyn wanted Tyson to know who did this to him anyhow.

Elwyn was nervous as hell. He knew that casting that spell on Tyson would likely get him in trouble with the professors. Even though it would reverse, they would take a very dim view of him doing that to his fellow student. Still, it seemed worth it to get some measure of dominance over his rival even for a short time.

Elwyn walked quickly to the cafeteria and saw Tyson approaching with a gaggle of pretty young women around him. Elwyn stopped, planted his feet, and pointed his wand at Tyson, who seemed quite unaware of Elwyn. He wanted Tyson to look him in the eyes as he did this. He didn't want to hurt his rival in any way, just to get the better of him for once.

'Tyson," Elwyn called out, causing Tyson to stop paying attention to the girls and look at Elwyn.

"Caggerika balaka prati balika." As Elwyn said this a light shot out from his wand toward Tyson. As the light reached Tyson, there was a halo of light around Tyson. Elwyn wasn't sure quite how the spell was supposed to work, so he figured this must be part of it. All of a sudden from that halo of light, there was a beam of light that shot out, hitting Elwyn. Elwyn collapsed and passed out.

A few minutes later Elwyn regained consciousness, still lying on the ground, but now with Tyson and a number of other students hovering over him. He felt weird and disoriented, and as he looked at him, Tyson looked as he always did. The spell seemed not to have worked. Elwyn felt a chill on his legs and lifted his head to look down.

Elwyn was now in a skirt and he also now seemed to have breasts. Elwyn was afraid to touch himself or perhaps herself between the legs, but somehow sensed that the spell had changed him to a her, instead of changing Tyson. How could this have happened? Elwyn knew the spell and directed it at Tyson, but instead it seemed to rebound.

Tyson looked at Elwyn and spoke. "Dude, did you try to hit me with some kind of spell?"

Elwyn could not speak, but just kind of nodded.

"People here do pranks, so I found a spell which would make most spells thrown at me go back and affect the person. It's a pratihati spell. What the fuck kind of spell did you try to hit me with? Shit, don't bother telling me, it's obvious that you're now a girl. How long is this spell supposed to last?"

"For a week."

Tyson shook his head. "So you wanted to turn me into a girl for a week. Shit, if I'd known that's all it was, I might have let you. It'd be kind of cool to be a chick for a week. Now I guess you get to find out how it is though."

Elwyn tried to smooth down her skirt and get up off the ground without embarrassing herself further. By this time, a couple of professors had arrived and wanted to know what was going on. Elwyn was still stunned and embarrassed, so Tyson explained to the professors exactly what had happened. The professors thanked Tyson and took Elwyn aside.

Tyson left and went to lunch with his gaggle of girls, some of whom were giggling over what had happened. Everybody knew that Tyson and Elwyn were the two best sorcerers and that there was a rivalry, though it was normally a friendly rivalry. The others found it quite entertaining that Elwyn had been hit with his own spell.

The professors took Elwyn to the infirmary to be checked out. Elwyn tried to tell them that this should only have an effect for a week. They continued to check for a while before giving Elwyn the news.

"Normally your spell would last for a week, but Tyson's pratihati spell altered it. Based on what we can tell, you have been permanently changed."

Elwyn was shocked. "Permanently changed? That can't be. I'm a guy. I've always been a guy. I can't be a girl."

One of the professors, Madame Prashanti, stroked Elwyn's head as she spoke. "Well, dear you may not have been a female before, but you'll be one now."

"Isn't there any kind of spell to reverse this?" Elwyn was almost frantic in her pleading.

"There's an old phrase, 'hoist by your own petard' and what you meant to harm another has hurt you instead." Madame Prashanti tried to be consoling to some degree, but it was clear that she felt it was a form of poetic justice.

"What am I supposed to do?" Elwyn was on the verge of crying.

"We must move you to the women's dorm, and you'll have to begin to learn to live as a woman."

"I can't do that." Elwyn was on the verge of collapsing again.

"You know, Elwyn doesn't work as a name for a pretty young woman like you. I think we should change your name to Elena."

"But that's not who I am. That's not what I am." Elena was almost yelling as she spoke.

"Elena is who you are now, and who you're going to remain."

Elena cries as she spoke. "There's nothing you can do? No spell that can change me back?"

"We'll keep checking, looking through old books of magic, but we don't know of anything to reverse the spell you used."

When Elwyn was changed to Elena, the clothes he was wearing changed as well. None of the rest of the clothes were female clothes however. They got a few skirts, tops, bras, and panties that fit, then gathered up Elena's books and personal effects and moved them to a room in the women's dorm. Her male clothes were donated, though Elena didn't really want to give them up.

The professors contacted her parents and let them know that because of his own spell, their son Elwyn was now their daughter Elena. Elena's parents were shocked, but it was made clear that it was her own spell that had gone awry and done that. After classes were over for the day, Elena was moved into a room that she would share with another 18 year old senior, named Arielle.

Arielle was smart and capable, though she was not as flashy in her sorcery as Elwyn or Tyson. She was slender and had the potential to be cute, though she looked and dressed mousy. Elena, when she was male had pined after the pretty and sexy women who flocked around Tyson, though none of them had any interest in Elwyn.

Arielle was considered the third best sorcerer in the class after Tyson and Elwyn, though she never challenged them one on one. There were a few students who whispered that Arielle was the best of the three though she was reluctant to show it. Though both Elwyn and Arielle were nerdy, the nerdy boy never showed any interest in the nerdy girls, and vice versa.

Now Elena found herself sharing a room with Arielle. She started to put up her personal possessions and books and such as Arielle watched, bemused. Elena felt weird as Arielle watched her. Arielle made no offers or attempts to help, not that Elena needed much help. Elena had only a few clothes that had been scrounged up for her along with mostly her books. Elena put everything up as best she could, then sat down on her bed.

Arielle looked over and shook her head before speaking. "You know for a someone who is supposed to be a smart kid, that was pretty stupid."

"Why do you say that?"

Arielle continued, "First pranking another student almost guarantees they will retaliate. Second, the professors would have to punish you. As it turned out, you punished yourself."

"Thanks for the sympathy, Arielle."

"It's the truth, besides, you're probably a better sorcerer than Tyson, you just let yourself get psyched out by him, and then get jealous even though you shouldn't be."

"You think I've been jealous of Tyson?"

"Seriously, Elena or Elwyn, anyone with two eyes and half a brain knows you are. Why do you think the professors taught him that protective spell?"

"So I was screwed before I even began."

"You're too bitter and self absorbed to get screwed. Now that you're a woman, your chances are better though."

"Shit, Arielle, I don't want some guy doing things to me."

"So I guess that means you'll be perving on me."

"So why did you agree to take me as a roommate, Arielle?"

"There were no rooms that you could have to yourself, and no one else wanted to room with you."

"But you were willing to?"

"Elena, you may think you're hot shit as a sorcerer, but trust me, you don't want to mess with me."

"That sounds ominous."

"Just fair warning."

"So now I have to live in a girl's dorm, use girl's toilets, and even girl's showers?"

"Keep your hands to yourself and don't stare too much and you'll be okay."

"But I'll have other girls looking at me."

"Elena, don't flatter yourself. You may be cute, but even the women who like women can find plenty of other women."

"You sound like you know a lot about that, Arielle."

"Don't start with me, girl, or you could find yourself as a girl in the boy's dorm, and you don't want that."

"They wouldn't do that, would they?"

"I'm the only woman who was willing to share a room with you."

"Fuck."

"In your dreams, maybe."

"Arielle, I'll try not to look at you when you aren't fully clothed."

"You can look, just try not to stare holes in what little I may be wearing."

"I've never seen a girl -- "

"Naked? Before too terribly long, you'll have seen plenty, Elena."

"I guess the other girls don't want me as a roommate, since they know I was a guy and they figure I'll perv on them."

"Don't sweat it. You're probably as uncomfortable being a woman as they will be in being around you."

Elena squirmed around while sitting on her bed. Arielle laughed, which shocked Elena. The two decided they had best do some studying before dinner, so they opened their books and began to read. Elena had been very used to having others ask her questions about the material in class. She never got help from other students. The only other guy who might know more was Tyson and she was never going to ask him.

Elena hit one thing which puzzled her and she shook her head. Arielle saw that and asked what it was. Though she didn't expect any help or understanding, Elena explained what she was looking at. Arielle told her what she understood of it and the two kicked the ideas around until both had a far better understanding than they'd had before.

After that, they each piped up when they hit something which puzzled them. After a while Elena realized that Arielle, as quiet and unassuming as she might be, was easily Elena's intellectual equal. By the time dinner rolled around, they both had a better understanding of what they were studying. Simply rooming with and studying with Arielle made Elena a better student, and she was already one of the best.

The two went to supper, which was when Elena hit her first problems. Persephone decided to pick on Elena.

"So now we have Elwyn dressed as a girl."

"I'm not just dressed like one, I am one."

"I guess you did this so you could come to the girl's dorm and perv on us."

"I'd rather still be a guy."

About that time, Callista joined in the teasing. "No, she did this so she could let all sorts of guys into her panties. Most of the guys weren't as interested in her ass as they would be in having her pussy."

About that time Arielle jumped into it. "Callista, just because you spread your legs for anything in pants, doesn't mean that Elena's going to."

Callista retorted, "You're just jealous because there's no guys who want to get in your panties."

"Unlike you, I'm at least wearing panties."

Callista was indignant. "I haven't had a chance to do laundry and all mine are dirty."

"All your panties have been dirty for the past month?"

"You spend a lot of time checking out whether other girls are wearing panties. That tells us what you're interested in."

"I just know all the boys talk about you not wearing panties. That makes it quicker when you duck into a closet with one of the boys. The way they talk, they do seem to enjoy it. I think Elwyn was about the only boy you didn't open your legs for."

"He seemed more interested in the boys than in the girls."

"He liked the cute girls, not just some slut who'll let anyone who a cock fuck her."

"So you're safe from him or her both then and now."

"Some of us are here for more than sex."

Elena was shocked by the whole exchange. She'd been afraid of getting some grief from the guys, but never realized she's get so much from the women. Neither did she realize that she'd have her roommate Arielle standing up for her. There were a few more nasty comments before everyone settled down. Callista went off and sat with a group of guys, and Arielle nudged Elena when Callista went off with one of them. Persephone sat with other women but stayed well away from Elena.

As they ate, a few guys walked by, staring at Elena as they passed. Some had shit eating grins as they looked at her. Elena tried to avoid looking at the guys, or even most of the women who were in the cafeteria. Towards the end of the meal, Tyson came strolling up followed by his usual flock of cute girls. He had his arms around two of them while the others looked like they wanted him to hold them.

"So, it's Elena now, I guess."

"They said Elwyn wasn't a girl's name, so that's what they came up with."

"So, Elena how are you enjoying life on that side?"

"I'd rather still be a guy."

"You never really had any girlfriends when you were a guy. Now you're cute enough to have plenty of boyfriends."

Elena shifted uncomfortably, and tried to avoid looking at Tyson. "I'm not looking for any boyfriends."

"Let me know when you change your mind. I can make room for one you."

"I'm not changing my mind, and don't you have plenty of girls already?"

"There's always room for one more."

Tyson chuckled as he walked off with his entourage. A couple of the women looked at Elena as they left. Were they sizing her up as competition? Elena wasn't quite sure, but she had no desire to compete for Tyson's attention, so it didn't matter much. Elena was surprised when Arielle grabbed her and hugged her, though Arielle immediately apologized.

"I'm sorry, Elena. I shouldn't have done that. It's just that so many people have given you crap, that I wanted you to know that there was someone who wouldn't."

"I really didn't mind, I just -- "

"You never had an interest in me when you were a guy, why should you have any interest now, even if I really leaned that way?"

"Do you? Lean that way, Arielle?"

"Don't you wish."

"You're about the only person who treats me decent."

"That doesn't mean I want to sleep with you, Elena."

"I didn't think it did. I just -- "

"Was hoping."

"Arielle, you're my roommate, and about the only friend I have now. I don't want to mess that up."

The two went back to their room to hang out and study. After a while, Elena began to squirm.

"I have to pee."

"I'll run interference at the bathroom, Elena."

The two walked down to the bathrooms in the dorm, As they did, some of the women very openly tried to avoid them. Others seemed quite bemused at the whole thing. They got to the bathroom and Elena stopped outside, There was a look of apprehension in her eyes, though she was squirming from a need to urinate. Arielle went inside first.

Several women quickly exited the bathroom, looking askance at Elena as they left. Some were a bit disheveled with hair and makeup not quite right. Arielle opened the bathroom door and waved Elena in. There were still a couple of women in there who had very cynical expressions as Elena entered. Elena went in a stall quickly and latched the door.

One of the women spoke up as Elena sat peeing. "So she's not just here to look at half naked women?"

Arielle responded, "Do you come in here to do that?"

"No, but I wasn't a guy just a few hours ago."

"And Elena isn't a guy now. That's why they assigned her to a women's dorm."

"His body changed, but that doesn't mean his brain did."

Arielle shook her head. "After what happened, I feel sure she doesn't want any trouble."

"They should have kicked his ass out after that stunt."

"This was what the professors decided and they know a lot more than you. Besides, Elena is a 'she' now, not a 'he', and given that she's a damned sight better sorcerer than you are, you might better not push it. She might just give you warts in painful places."

The woman rushed from the bathroom as Elena emerged from the stall, with her face almost white. The other two women in the bathroom stared at Elena as she washed her hands and left with Arielle. As they went back to their room, nearly every woman on that floor watched them pass. The best were merely bemused by the whole thing.

As they went in their room, and closed the door, Elena turned to Arielle. "I never realized there would be that must hatred from the other girls here."

"I hope you didn't expect to be greeted with open arms."

"I almost wish they had kicked me out. It might have been easier."

"Elena, you're too good a sorcerer, and besides maybe this is your punishment."

"I don't know if I can take this."

"It'll settle down. It's just going to take a while."

"I hope so. I wasn't ever really popular -- not like Tyson -- but at least I didn't have real hatred to deal with."

Arielle hugged Elena again. At first Elena was very stiff, then relaxed into the hug and hugged her back. They stood hugging for a minted before Arielle released her, though Elena looked like she wouldn't have minded if they kept hugging. Arielle smiled and shook her head.

"You have me as a friend, and at least a few are not haters."

They studied a bit more, kicking things back and forth as they each hit tough parts of the lessons. Finally it was getting late and it was time to go to bed. There were two beds in the room, so they would not be sharing a bed. Elena was reticent about changing clothes in front of Arielle, but there weren't many other options.