Mama Told Me Not To Come

Story Info
Papa won't do his duty. Somebody has to.
6k words
4.47
98.9k
140
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SimonDoom
SimonDoom
5,348 Followers

Mama was a Bible-fearing Christian. I knew she was because she'd been telling me so darn near every day for as long as I could remember.

She was a regular churchgoer, my mama was. Not just on Sundays, either: for a long time she had made it a habit to go to private Bible study sessions on weeknights with Pastor Reeves, the young assistant to Pastor Johnson, a venerable, gray-haired minister who had presided over our church since before I was born. Mama kept her appointments for those sessions nearly every Tuesday and Thursday until Pastor Reeves moved away to start his own church three counties to the West of ours. I was never too keen about religion, myself, but it seemed to do Mama a heap of good. She had a skip in her step and a glow on her cheeks every time she came back from those afternoon sessions with Pastor Reeves.

Mama was never exactly the most talkative person. Papa wasn't either. But after Pastor Reeves left, it felt like Mama was quieter than before. She was grimmer in the face, too, and more prone to get snappy and peeved at little things, like when I didn't clean my fingernails carefully enough at the end of the day when I came in from the fields for supper.

I was a grown man by then, 19 years old, but still living on the family farm. I cannot honestly say that I had the most observant eye for the moods of women, but even with my limited skill, I could see something was bothering Mama. One day I asked her about it.

"Mama, is something wrong?" Mama was in the kitchen, shucking corn, and I'd just come in from slopping the hogs. I wiped my feet on the mat inside the door.

Mama didn't answer right away. She looked at me with a look I couldn't read.

"Why do you ask, Jubal?"

"Just seems like you've been out of sorts for a while," I said.

"No," she said. "I'm fine. Don't you worry."

I knew enough about Mama to know that was that, and I wasn't going to get another word from her on that subject. I went to the bathroom to clean up for dinner. I heard the door slam and knew that Papa was back from the feed store.

Dinner was delicious, as usual, but quiet. Mama was an able cook, and as far as I was concerned, she couldn't go wrong serving fried chicken with biscuits and buttered corn on the cob, which is what we ate. As usual, nobody said much. I noticed Mama looking at Papa a lot, like she wanted him to say something, but he didn't have much to say other than complimenting Mama once on her fried chicken and boasting about the good price he got at the feed store.

When the meal was done, I offered to clean up the dishes. Mama thanked me as Papa retreated to the living room. I heard the TV turned on. Papa only ever watched one show - reruns of Walker Texas Ranger. He must have been the biggest fan of Chuck Norris on the planet. Papa liked to turn the sound way up, so the noise of the show reverberated throughout the house. After a few minutes, I heard Mama's voice rise over the din. It sounded like she was complaining about something to Papa, but I couldn't tell what she was saying, and I knew better than to eavesdrop. When the last dish was washed, I left the kitchen and climbed the stairs to my room and closed the door. I picked up a dog-eared copy of a horror novel I was in the middle of. I guess you could say I was a big reader, for a farmer's son, and horror books were my favorite.

The next morning, a Saturday, I got up, early as usual, just before dawn, and I showered and dressed and went downstairs for breakfast. Mama was in the kitchen, but not Papa.

"Papa's gone hunting with the boys," Mama explained. "He'll be gone all day. He said to tell you to feed the animals, but when you're done you can take the rest of the day off."

It was a welcome thing to hear, because I thought I'd be tilling the fields after tending to the animals. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with myself.

Breakfast was a quiet affair of eggs and bacon and pancakes. I didn't say much, and neither did Mama. But I had the feeling she wanted to say something. She fidgeted in her chair throughout breakfast, like she was trying to make up her mind about something but wasn't sure what to do or say about it.

I noticed she was dressed more nicely than usual, too. She wore a tight-fitting print dress that hugged her curves and showed off more of her legs than usual. Mama was a pretty woman. She had me when she was only 19--my age--so that made her only 38. The life of a farmer's wife had left some lines on her face, but Mama still looked youthful and pretty. It seemed like she'd taken extra care brushing her hair that morning, because it fell in soft shiny waves around her shoulders. I didn't have much of an eye for such things, but even I could tell she was wearing more makeup than usual.

After breakfast, I offered to clean up again.

"No, Jubal, I'll do it. You get to the animals. Get done quick and come back. There's something I want to talk about."

"What is it, Mama?"

"We'll talk later. First, tend to the animals."

I wasn't one to argue with Mama.

We didn't have a big farm, or a big barn, so it didn't take too long to feed the chickens, hogs, cows, and horses and to do some cleanup. Two hours later, chores done, I was back in the house, coming through the back door into the kitchen again. Mama was there.

"Wash up, Jubal," she said. "When you're done, come to my room. I want to talk to you."

I was puzzled by the strangeness of Mama's request. My parents' bedroom was like their sanctuary. It was off-limits to me, most of the time.

But I did as she said, and 20 minutes later, freshly scrubbed and cleaned, and hair still damp, I knocked on Mama's closed bedroom door.

"Come in," she said.

I did, and I saw Mama sitting on the edge of the bed. The pretty dress was hiked up past her knee, and I couldn't remember Mama ever showing so much leg in a dress. A button was undone at the top of the dress. I couldn't remember Mama ever being careless enough to leave her dress in such a state. A shadowy hint of cleavage showed at the neckline of the dress.

Mama patted the side of the bed. I sat down next to her.

I waited for her to say something. It took her a few moments, like she was trying to figure out what to say.

"Jubal, do you have a girlfriend?" she asked at last.

I was surprised. Mama and Papa seldom talked with me about such things. All three of us were private about personal matters.

"No, Mama," I said, candidly. "You remember I dated Mary Anne Miller a few times last spring, but nothing since then."

"That's what I thought," she said. She patted me on the knee.

"It's too bad," she said. "A fine young man like you. It's only natural that you would want to enjoy the company of young women, although, as you are aware, we must always abide by the strictures of the Bible, which limits the explorations of the flesh outside the sanctity of matrimony."

"I'm aware of it, Mama." I knew what the Bible said, but Bible or no, Mary Anne and I had spent time in her parents' barn loft enjoying the explorations of the flesh together. I was no virgin, and Mary Anne had a reputation throughout the county. But I wasn't going to say any of that to Mama.

"Did your father ever have... the talk with you?" Mama asked, her voice rising in pitch uncomfortably.

"The talk?"

"About, you know. The birds and the bees. Bulls and cows. Men and women."

What was she getting at? I shrugged.

"Sex, Jubal. Did he ever talk to you about sex?"

Papa never said much of anything to me about anything, except the farm. I couldn't recall ever having a "talk" with him about anything related to sex.

"No, Mama."

"Pity," she said. "Fathers are supposed to talk to their sons about such things, as mothers are supposed to talk to their daughters. But I never had a daughter. Your father shirked his duty, which was not right."

She patted me on the knee.

"Your father, I am sad to say, has shirked that, and other duties."

She got a faraway look in her eye and was quiet. I wasn't sure what to say.

"What do you mean, Mama?"

Mama looked me in the eye and brushed her hand across my cheek.

"You're a grown man now, Jubal, so I feel like I can share some things with you as one adult to another. Do you mind if I do that?"

"I guess not." I shrugged, uncertainly. I didn't know what Mama was trying to say and I did not know how to respond.

"Your father is a good man," Mama continued. "He is honest, he is God-fearing, and he works hard and is a good provider for our family." She paused before continuing.

"OK," I said.

"But in some ways," Mama said, "Papa has not fulfilled his duties. Jubal, are you familiar with the first book of Corinthians, chapter 7?"

"I've read the Bible, Mama, but I can't say as I specifically recall that part of it."

"It says," she said, "in verses 3 and 4, that 'the husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband.' So you see, Jubal, that while outside the bond of matrimony, sexual relations between a man and woman are a sin, within that bond, they are a duty. Does that make sense to you?"

"I guess so," I replied, but in truth I was utterly confused about what Mama was trying to tell me. She had never spoken so frankly to me about such things.

"I hope you do not mind my being so candid and intimate with you, Jubal," she said. "But since you are a young man, and your father's son, it is important for you to hear this."

Mama continued, as though she was reciting a long-rehearsed speech.

"A husband has duties to his wife, and a wife to her husband. I never shirked my duties to Papa. I gave him everything that the Good Lord commanded me to give him. If you know what I mean." She clutched and twirled a tress of her hair. "Your father, however, did not see fit to do his duty with the same diligence."

She turned to me.

"Does this make you uncomfortable, Jubal?"

"Um...." It was all I could say.

Mama patted my knee again.

"I understand it is difficult to discuss such things, especially with your parents."

Mama sighed and said nothing for another minute. The silence was oppressive. Tightness gripped my chest.

"I struggled, Jubal," Mama resumed. "In silence, for so long. But then, at last, I found someone to confide in. Pastor Reeves."

I didn't know where this was going, but on a scale of one to ten my discomfort level was fast approaching eleven.

"It was Pastor Reeves who assured me my feelings were normal. The Lord gives us urges, Jubal, and he has provided us with the institution of marriage to deal with those urges. But I was married, and your father--my husband--was not doing his duty to satisfy my urges. I suffered. Ah, Jubal, for so long I suffered."

Mama's hand rested on my knee. It felt heavier than before.

"Pastor Reeves explained to me that in such cases the Lord offered a remedy. That when the husband... fell short, the Holy Spirit could take his place. Through his instrument. Pastor Reeves explained to me that, as a man of God, he could be the instrument of the Lord's remedy for your father's dereliction."

"Mama, are you saying...?"

Mama put her fingers to my lips, silencing me.

"Yes, Jubal. In our meetings, Pastor Reeves fulfilled the Holy Duty that your father would not."

I didn't know what to say, so I said nothing.

"But God called Pastor Reeves away, to start his own church, far from here. And now I am left, once again, without the benefit of a husband who sees fit to do his sacred duty to his wife. A wife, I might say, Jubal, whom the Holy Spirit has blessed with a healthy and youthful desire to have her husband's sacred duty done to her." She squeezed my knee. "Do you understand my meaning?"

"I think I do, Mama."

"You've grown into a fine, strapping young man, Jubal. Strong, and tall. How tall are you?"

"Six foot two, I reckon," I said.

"An inch taller than your father." She intertwined her fingers with mine. "And such fine, strong, big hands."

Mama sat closer to me than ever, and I almost felt I could sense the heat rising off her body, which stretched her tight print dress in ways I had not noticed only a few minutes earlier.

"'When the husband shall fail to do his duty to his wife, so shall the Lord provide a surrogate in his place.' That's what Pastor Reeves said to me, Jubal. He was my surrogate, but he's gone. I have no one to stand in his place, to fulfill your father's duty, except... you."

"Me, mama?"

"Yes, Jubal. You."

Her hand remained clasped with mine. With it she raised my hand off my lap, and pulled it toward her, and she set it on her breast.

I opened my mouth to speak, incredulous, but no words came out. My hand, guided by Mama's, lay over the fullness and roundness of her breast. I felt the faint bump of her nipple under my fingers, shrouded by the fabric of her dress and an unseen brassiere.

"Jubal, you must step into the shoes of your father, and do his duty for him. I'm asking you. Please, Jubal. Your mother deserves this. She needs it."

"But Papa... "

"Papa will not be home for another six hours. He told me that he will have dinner with his friends after hunting, and he won't be home until late."

I didn't move. I sat frozen in place, hand still cupping Mama's ample bosom, not knowing what to do or say.

I didn't know what to do, and Mama seemed concerned at my reserve.

"Am I... unattractive to you, my son?"

I shook my head.

"It's not that, Mama," I said. "You're... you're very pretty."

"Do you mean that, or are you just trying to be nice to an old woman?"

"You're not old, Mama. You're only 38. And you're hot--prettier than any of my friends' mothers. They all tell me so."

"Do they really?"

"Yeah, they do."

I wasn't lying about that. Mama kept herself in better shape than any of the other farmer's wives in our community. My friends had remarked on this fact many times. In fact, they commented on it a heck of a lot more than Papa ever did. A compliment from Papa was a rare thing.

Mama put her hand over mine, still over her breast. She squeezed my hand, and I responded by squeezing her breast. It was bigger than Mary Anne Miller's, with a maternal fullness and only a hint of sag. My thumb pressed over her nipple, and I pushed down on it. Mama sighed.

And then Mama did something that not two minutes earlier I could never have imagined her doing: she withdrew her hand from mine and she lay it in my lap, where my legs came together, and she squeezed me, under my blue jeans.

"Lord have mercy," she said.

I didn't think the Lord had much to do with it, to tell the truth, but I wasn't going to contradict Mama, who took such things far more seriously than I did. All I knew was that her hand lay on my cock, which was hard and getting harder by the second.

"Mama, what -"

She interrupted me with a finger to my lips.

"No, Jubal. Don't say anything. Not yet. Just follow me. Can you do that?"

I nodded. I didn't know what else to do or say.

"Each of you must love his wife as he loves himself," Mama murmured while looking at my lap. She looked up at my face. "Ephesians 5:33, Jubal."

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Today you are my husband. The Lord wills it. We must submit to his will."

I said nothing in reply. Mama seemed to take that as a "yes," because her hands started working on the fly of my pants.

I could not say or do anything. I might have said a prayer for forgiveness to the Almighty, secretly, to myself, or I might not have. All I recall for certain is that my cock was steely hard and straining uncomfortably against the confines of my blue jeans, until Mama's nimble fingers successfully navigated the buttons and my cock angled upwards with the sturdy quickness of a neighborhood barn-raising.

Mama's eyes widened and glistened at the sight of my upright member, and she emitted an audible gust of air from her mouth.

"Oh, Jubal."

I was aroused, but embarrassed. I had no words to express how I felt. But fortunately, I did not have to. Mama took matters into her own hands--literally. Her hand grasped and encircled the shaft of my cock. I felt it pulse under the touch of her fingers. Mama had slender, elegant hands, to my eye, but they were worn, too, after years of chores on the farm.

"You are every bit as much a man as your father," she said. "More, even."

Her hand slid slowly, down my length, until the side edge of her palm hit my pubic bone. My cock pointed to the ceiling, its head bulbous and purplish.

And then Mama did something that in my most feverish dreams I could never have imagined. She bent over at the waist, opened her mouth wide, and enclosed her lips over my cock head. I felt the moisture and pressure of her tongue. It swirled around the tip. A tremor swept through me.

Mama must have felt it, too, because she lifted off my upright penis and looked me in the face.

"Jubal, you must not come. Not yet." The words said one thing, but her hand said another, as it stroked me, up and down, up and down.

"I don't know--" I tried say, but I choked back the rest of the words as I concentrated on controlling myself. "I don't know if I can control it, Mama."

"You must, Jubal," she said. "Do you know the sin of Onan?" That hand of hers kept stroking, stroking, stroking.

"I don't recall the details, Mama," I said, gasping.

"Genesis 38:9, Jubal," she said. "You should not waste your seed on the ground. It is a sin. The husband--that's you, now--must save his seed for his wife--that's me, now. You understand?"

"I guess I understand, Mama. But the Bible says one thing, and my body says another. Do YOU understand?"

"I do," she said, withdrawing her hand. "Then there is only one thing we can do now."

Mama sat upright on the bed. Her hands went to the buttons on her dress, below the one that already was undone. One by one, she undid all the rest of the buttons, from top to bottom, and when she was done, she pulled each flap of the pretty print dress away, until her body was revealed.

I drew in a big breath.

I had never seen Mama like this before. Her body was fully exposed, save for a skimpy white cotton bra and panties, and her skin was pale and supple before my eyes. Her torso and thin waste were revealed. It occurred to me that I could not recall ever having seen her belly button. On the few occasions I'd seen her swimming, she had worn a one-piece suit.

Mama kept peeling the dress off, lifting her bottom off the bed to finish the process, until she tossed the garment to the floor.

I saw a strange mix of desire and determination in Mama's eyes, but uncertainty, and a trace of fear, too. She may have had a strong will, but she was no fool, and she must have known that there was no way to predict with certainty how her son would react to what she was doing.

With what appeared to be enormous effort, she said, "Undress me, Jubal."

My hands must have moved with the will of the Holy Spirit, for I had no sense of control over them. I looked ahead, and my hands disappeared behind Mama's torso. My fingers fumbled at the clasp of her bra, behind her, beyond my sight. From limited experience, I knew this was the most embarrassing test for a young man: unhooking a bra. I looked into Mama's eyes while my fingers flailed at their task, and Mama looked back with what I thought was encouragement, a slight smile playing on her lips. After what seemed like an eternity, I felt the devilish thing come undone. Mama put a hand on my chest, and I pulled back. The bra now hung slackly on her chest, the edges of the cups just barely over her nipples. Mama's hands went to the straps and pulled them off her shoulders, and at last, magically, unbelievably, beyond anything I could have imagined an hour earlier, the bra fell to Mama's waist and her breasts lay exposed to my eyes.

I think I went slack-jawed. I'm sure I said nothing for at least a minute. Mama sat still in front of me, not moving, but the steady rhythm of her breathing caused her breasts to lift and fall before my eyes, and that was enough. My heart swelled with desire and my cock filled with blood. I was horny beyond anything I'd experienced before. Mama's breasts were full and pale, and her nipples were pink and erect.

SimonDoom
SimonDoom
5,348 Followers
12