Marriage in Need of Redemption

Story Info
A marriage gone stale something must be done.
5.3k words
4.08
6.2k
9
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Rwg7
Rwg7
223 Followers

Dear reader, this is a tale of a marriage gone stale and the horrors that can bring. Is redemption possible? Warning, there is some violence in this story. Enjoy.

"Hey Paul, it's Tony. How are you doing?"

"Hey Tony! What's up? You going to the ballgame this afternoon?"

"Yes, home opener and I haven't missed one of those in ten years! What seats have you got?"

"First level, fifth row, first base side, an aisle seat."

"Dude you are the man! I am up on the third level, right field. You want to have a beer after at Gio's?"

"Sure thing, see you after the game."

Paul and his wife Faye and Tony and his wife Helen had been friends for many years. Paul was a forensic accountant and Tony a real estate broker. They met through their wives.

Faye and Helen had grown up together, went to college together, ended up working at the same insurance company. Physically they were no where near the same. Faye was a brunette with ample curves and tall at 5' 10". Helen was 5"2 blonde and pixie-like. As different as they were physically they seemed to understand each other and share things with each other more like twins.

The ballgame was a close one with the home team batting a home run in the ninth inning to chalk up the first win of the season. Paul made his way over to Gio's and got a table. It would take Tony a bit longer to exit the stadium from the third level so Paul ordered a beer for himself and one for Tony so he would have ready for once he arrived.

Tony came through door and saw his friend.

"Ah, nectar of the gods!" He said sitting down and lifting the mug to his lips and took a deep swallow. "Hell of a home opener."

Tony stared at the table, sighed and drained his beer.

"Paul, are things ok between you and Faye?"

"Where in the fuck did that come from? Why would you ask that Tony? Things are great."

"Paul, you and I are like brothers. We have each others backs right?"

"Sure I have your back and you have mine. Why are you asking about my marriage?"

Tony was obviously nervous and wasn't answering quickly. Certainly not quick enough for Paul.

"Look Paul, have you ever sneaked a peak at Faye's socials?"

"No of course not. We have a high level of trust between us."

"So do Helen and I but the other morning Helen left a note on the kitchen table for me. She told me to to check out her laptop She had left it up and running and open to a document that contained parts of text messages to and from our wives. You know how close our wives are, they probably have synchronized their menstrual cycles. Well, Faye had been telling Helen how frustrating she was finding her marriage. There was even a hint, more than a hint, that she was looking for something different outside of marriage."

Paul looked like a fish out of water with his mouth gaping open. He struggled to find the words.

"I find that very hard to believe. We have had a great marriage and she has never given me reason to doubt. I know I am a workaholic and I have worked a lot of hard hours to build up my business. We should have spent more time together but you know how hard it is to build a business in this town."

"I know it sounds crazy to you Paul but I copied the messages so you can read them for yourself. From what I can tell Faye has been unsatisfied for a while now. Take a look at them." he handed Paul a thumb drive.

"I don't know what to think or say Tony. I will have a look I guess."

Paul finished his beer and paid the bill. He went back to his office, closed the blinds and locked the door. He pulled out his personal laptop and inserted the drive not knowing what to expect.

There was as a "read me first" file so he opened it and read.

Paul these are messages going back two years. Earlier messages were purged so I don't have anything older. If you have time and want to get a more complete picture you should start at the oldest and work forward. If you have limited time then skip to the end. From what I have seen in the messages and knowing the two of you I recommend reading from the start.

Remember brother, I have got your back.

Tony

Paul texted Faye that he had an assignment that needed to be closed asap so he wouldn't be home till late. Faye responded with a terse "fine."

Paul opened the file to the earliest entry, two years ago, three years into their marriage.

Faye

Helen, what do you have on tonight? P is working late again. Planned seeing Les Mis but I guess that is out the window. Wanna come with?

Helen

Sure thing. Late at work again? They must be doing a hell of a business.

Faye

Sometimes I wonder if it really is business. Love the man like crazy but it seems like he is never home. See you tonight.

Paul remembered that evening. They we're trying to prove that someone at their client was cooking the books and they needed to find the offending employee pronto. He reflected on that. He was pissed that he had to miss the show that night. He and Faye had been planning that evening for some time. Funny that she never let on how much it bothered her. He moved on to the next exchange.

Faye

Last night was a blast! Great show. P didn't get home till after midnight. I was shocked that he didn't sleep with me that night. I heard him in the bathroom but he slept in the guest room. Lame excuse was he didn't want to wake me. I call bullshit on that. I swear he loves his business more than he does me. I am lucky to get an hour with him.

Helen

You are becoming very suspicious of P. Don't you trust him? I can't imagine him treating you like that. He loves you so much.

Faye

Does he really? You wouldn't know it from the way he treats me. I swear the man looks for reasons to avoid being home with me. He sure doesn't seem to be sexually attracted to me.

Shit. How can she think that? He has been busy yes. The firm was growing fast and demand for their expertise was going through the roof. Did he overwork, hell yes. Did he try to find excuses to stay away from home? No, he missed having quiet evenings with his wife.

He forwarded to the next entry.

Faye

P came home at 11 pm last night. He completely forgot my birthday. Came home put on the news and fell asleep on the couch. Another lonely night spent alone in my bed. I was at least expecting to get a birthday fuck but nothing.

Helen

No birthday nookey? Wow, that sucks...or not LOL.

Faye

I have got to do something about this soon. If I don't get a little attention from P soon I may have to take drastic measures.

Dammit! Paul remembered that night. He had been so overwhelmed with the work load that he had completely forgotten Faye's birthday. Worse than that it was a month later that he realized his blunder and tried to make up for it by booking another show and dinner. This one he made it to however he fell asleep in the second act. Something else he would never live down.

Fayes texts seemed so angry about not getting sexual attention from Paul. Yet she never really addressed the issue with him. He thought things were just fine since he had heard no complaints.

Faye

I have heard of dry spells but this is getting ridiculous. We haven't been intimate in weeks. P is constantly preoccupied. Lately he has done nothing but talk about his new hire and how she is the ne plus ultra. Now I can't get rid of the image of P potentially bonking her in his office.

Helen

Surely they are not fucking in the office. You are letting your imagination run away with you.

Faye

A loving husband should surprise his wife with little things. I can't remember the last time he bought me something as a gift. No flowers, nothing. He simply ignores me. I am being taken for granted and I am sick of it.

Paul couldn't understand why she would talk like this to her friend but not him? Had he really alienated her so much? Had he really taken her for granted?

As he read further things got worse.

Faye

Hey, I finally did it. I accepted X's invitation to lunch. He has been hounding me for months.

Helen

Be careful Faye. You are a married woman and x has a reputation as a bit of a player.

Faye

It is only lunch. But if P doesn't wake up someone else may get to eat his lunch

Helen

I am your best friend and I am warning you. This won't end well.

Faye

I am sick of the neglect and disrespect. Paul isn't stupid. If he doesn't see the forest for the trees then he will suffer the consequences.

Ok it was just lunch. She hadn't gone to his bed...yet but it sure looked like she was heading in that direction. Paul reflected on how many lunches and dinners and cocktails he had had with women clients or co- workers. None had ended up in an infidelity but then again that was never the goal. For Faye it looked like that was the goal.

Faye

X is a lot of fun. Lunch was really nice. He got a little handsy, not that I minded LOL. He is so in the moment. It was like we were the only couple in the room.

Helen

Fuck Faye, stop it please just stop it before it gets out of hand. You are going to blow up your marriage. Please PLEASE stop being stupid. Talk to Paul let him know you are feeling neglected. I am sure that he will move heaven and earth to keep you.

Faye

He has had his opportunity. If he can't see his own neglect then fuck him. He gets what he deserves. How can I say both fuck him and I love him in the same breath. It just shows how messed up has made me. I do love him and don't want to lose him but our relationship is pretty badly broken and I fear it may be beyond redemption.

Tears began flowing down Paul's cheeks. Yes he was angry with Faye but he was more angered by his own blindness. How could he have treated her so coldly. So much in his life was broken without him even being aware of it. How can I repair this damage? Is it even possible?

Tony had edited the conversations to only include the ones about Faye and our relationship. We were near the end.

Faye

X has invited me to spend some time with him this weekend. I am thinking of going.

Helen

Faye, you are insane! Don't throw away your marriage. Don't do this to Paul. He doesn't deserve it.

Faye

What he doesn't deserve is me! I love Paul but he shows me nothing in return. Hell I doubt he will even notice I am gone this weekend. I don't want to be unfaithful but I can't do this anymore.

The worst of it was that she was absolutely right. He was planning to work through the weekend. He might never have known if not for Helen and Tony. How can he save his marriage? He loved Faye so much and the thought of her being unfaithful and in another man's bed filled him with pain, rage and disgust.

The final file was labelled "note from Helen." He opened it.

Paul, I left these files up on my laptop on purpose. As you have read, your wife is feeling insecure about your love and devotion to her. She is planning a tryst with X this weekend. I couldn't betray her confidence earlier and I am only doing it now because it is zero hour. If you don't somehow stop their stupid plan you will lose her. Please don't let on that you know about her plans or that I have left this note for you.

Do your best Paul. Love her.

Right, God bless you Helen thought Paul.

Now what to do. First of all a phone call.

"Hey Faye it's Paul. How was your day?"

"Busy at work, kind of lonely here at home. When are you coming home?"

"On my way. I am calling from my car. Can I pick anything up for you on the way?"

"Can't think of anything. I thought you were working till late, what happened?"

"I will be there in fifteen minutes, maybe half an hour depending on traffic. I finished the job quicker than expected."

"Ok" she said and disconnected.

Cold he thought, no love behind her words. She is like ice. Paul stopped in at a florist on the way there. His first thought was roses but then had second thoughts. A nice fresh mixed bouquet was less formal. He also picked up a bottle of her favourite white wine, already chilled.

Paul opened the door. He could see Faye sitting at the kitchen table. She looked bored, checking her phone. Her eyes popped when she saw the flowers.

"For me? She asked incredulously.

"For you my love. For all the crazy late nights away from you and our home."

"Well that is very thoughtful Paul and what is that? My favourite! Pour me a glass."

"With pleasure." He poured two large glasses of wine then sat down on the sofa. "Come, sit with me. I have some news."

Faye was not sure what was going on but this was not like her husband. Why does he look so cheerful and not exhausted as usual? She sat with a cushion space between them.

"No, come closer Faye. Please, a toast! To life and to love."

She shuffled closer. They clinked glasses and sipped the wine. It was so good.

"So what is your news?"

"You remember the woman I hired a while back? Well she has more than proven herself so I am giving her a raise. Along with that raise she will be taking on more responsibilities. She will be responsible for half of my current work load."

"Ok, I guess that will be good for you."

"Good for us!" It means I can spend more time here. I can do more work from home too with her in the office."

Faye was not sure that this was great news for her. She had already made a decision to move on. She had given up on Paul. She was invested emotionally with her man from the office. She had agreed to a weekend of sex and booze with him. Why the fuck would Paul suddenly turn into the doting husband?

She drained her glass and Paul poured her another. Damn this wine was great.

Paul put his arm on the back of the sofa and he stroked Faye's beautiful brown hair. She moved closer to him. As she finished that glass she set the glass on the table. Paul went to fill it again but she said no.

She laid her head on his shoulder as he continued stroking her hair. She rested her hand on his leg.

"You haven't been like this in ages Paul. What has gotten into you?"

It was at that moment that Paul realized he may have moved too quickly. He had to think fast.

"A colleague at the office has just had his wife leave him. He said that she felt horribly neglected and unloved. He had always loved her but work always seemed to get in the way. His wife became less and less of a priority and it was painfully obvious to his wife."

"Faye, I saw myself in his place and realized that I was doing the same thing to you. It hit me so hard to realize that I could possibly lose you, the love of my life just because I failed to put you first. Those days are over Faye. That's why I am lightening up my workload."

"I don't know what to say." said Faye, tears flowing. "You are a little bit late to the game Paul. You have not been present in my life for a long time and I have turned to others for the love and support that you should have given me. Do you expect me to fall at your feet and rejoice? Because that isn't likely to happen.

I do love you but your emotional abandonment has caused some very deep scars."

Paul could see his wife slipping away from him and it was breaking his heart.

"I know and I want us to fix what is broken in our relationship. I would like us to spend the weekend together up at the lake house. Just the two of us, off the grid and present for each other so we can start the healing process."

Faye was happy that Paul seemed so invested in this. It was a monumental change. But then she remembered that she had plans for the weekend. Oh shit. Xavier. Her dirty weekend.

At that moment Paul leaned in and kissed her. It was a chaste kiss, a gentle kiss reminding her that he was still there for her. She accepted the kiss from him but didn't push for more. Paul was the one who wanted more. He repeated the kiss but lingering, this time opening his mouth and lightly licked her lips. She felt the pent up desire blossom so she opened her lips and returned the passionate kiss. His arms moved to embrace her and hold her close.

"Paul..."

"Shhh my love. No words."

He took her hand and lead her to their bedroom. They kissed again. He slowly removed her t-shirt and bra. She unfastened his belt and unzipped his pants which fell to the floor. He stepped out of them then returned the favour with her blue jeans. They stood naked and held each other. There was almost an air of desperation in the intensity of their embrace, as if they were afraid to let go. Eventually she lay back on the bed and he lay beside her. He felt the fullness of her breasts, the hardness of her nipples as he gently tweaked them before placing one between his lips.

Faye let out a long and loud moan as she basked in the loving warmth of her husband's attention. She felt his hand moving along her stomach and down to her mound. He was being so gentle, so loving. This was unhurried love making the way it was supposed to be. The way she wished he had made love to her before she had given up hope. His hand massaged her slit until he found her wet and warm opening. His fingers rimmed her vaginal lips making her feel so hot. His finger entered her and she brought her hips up to meet it, pressing the finger deeper. His thumb gently circled her clitoris, gradually increasing in speed until she had a wonderful orgasm. The best she could remember.

Paul kissed his way down her stomach to her pussy. He smothered her vaginal lips with kisses then inserted his tongue. She was so sweet to taste. From there he kissed her clitoris licking, then sucking it into his mouth as she bucked against him cumming on his face.

"Make love to me Paul, I want your cock in my pussy. Now Paul please."

He pulled himself into position put her long beautiful legs over his shoulders and he entered her slowly. Painstakingly slowly. He felt the incredible heat in her womb, he felt the obvious lust they felt for each other at the moment. He pumped his erection into her again and again. She was moaning and her moaning fed his ardour. They built upon each others passion until they both erupted in orgasmic bliss. He came hard inside her.

"I love you Faye. I need you."

"I love you too Paul."

Paul experienced an epiphany at that moment. He was finally fully aware of the neglect and emotional trauma he had caused Faye and it broke his heart. He came to realize the happiness and joy that could have experienced together. He started to weep uncontrollably in Faye's arms.

She held him as he wept. She wasn't sure why he was crying but she held him till it stopped.

"Faye, I have been unfair to you. I squandered your love for me. I put so many things ahead of us and our love for each other. I took your love for granted. I didn't appreciate the burdens you had to bear. The fact that you have had to seek out consolation from others shames me. I confess to you Faye and I ask for your forgiveness. I promise that I will put our marriage, our love ahead of anything else."

"Paul, you are my husband. You are a wonderful lover when you want to be, when you show up. If you had only shown this kind of love and sworn your love and passion for me earlier I would have been a happy camper. But because I have looked to others for comfort and solace I feel I need to meet with them to discern my path forward. I know you want this weekend at the lake house but I already had made plans for this weekend. Please give me space this weekend. I will know more by Monday."

Paul felt more tears on the brink of escaping but forced them back.

"I don't want you to betray me. Please Faye don't go to him. Stay with me at the lake house. I promise you that I am a changed man. I never broke our vows of fidelity to you please don't break yours now. Yes I allowed my work to become all consuming but I swear to you it won't be from now on."

"I still need to tell him in person. I swear to you I have not fucked anyone. I will turn him down tomorrow where I am supposed to meet him. Then I will come home."

Rwg7
Rwg7
223 Followers
12