Marti and Sandy

Story Info
An abused young wife finds love with the widower next door.
16.5k words
4.72
50.9k
105
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As I sat on my back porch I could hear the young man berating his wife through the window of the house next door. Talking about what a loser prude she was, why couldn't she be more loving like the girls at the bar?

His wife Sandy said, "what have I denied you? Whenever you want me I stop what I'm doing and let you satisfy your needs. In the kitchen, the bedroom, the living room, even in the bathroom when I'm trying to take care of myself hygienically. How is that being prudish?"

Tom came back with, "Sure, you always put out, but there's no passion like in the early days."

Then I heard the cold unemotional words of Sandy, "you gave that away you stupid ass. I'll take care of my wifely duties in the bedroom, but I'll never forgive you for that."

I then heard the slaps and her crying, punctuated by him shouting he'd be gone until morning and she'd better have breakfast waiting or she'd get another ass whooping. I'd called the police a time or two, but she would never press charges and nothing more could be done.

Tom was one of those guys who's pissed off at the world and is either hunting or fishing, with way too much beer involved in both. Stopping home long enough after work to eat or fuck or argue. Sometimes all three. I had listened to it the two years since we'd bought the old Richardson house and moved in.

I'd met them in the driveway the day their belongings were delivered. Tom was loud, overbearing, and absent minded, living only in his head. His world was the most important and the hell with anybody else.

Sandy on the other hand was polite, withdrawn and it was obvious she was brow beaten to the point she thought she was worth nothing. He liked barking orders and dishing out threats if she didn't respond quickly enough. It pissed me off, but it wasn't my circus nor my monkeys, so I politely excused myself and went home. I knew there was more to the story than met the eye.

I had become a widower at the ripe young age of 40, about six months prior to the young couple moving in. My Jenny had succumbed to the ravishes of cancer. Sadly, I watched her slowly drift away, praying she'd die quickly to ease her pain and suffering. We'd had a son who died of SIDS, Jenny felt it was somehow her fault and never wanted to have children again.

Jenny owned a greenhouse when we married, I threw myself into the business with her and before she died we owned six greenhouse facilities, we were supplying florists, garden centers and box stores for 100 miles around.

With Jenny gone I decided to take a three month break and re-focus, deciding to work just two days a week after I came back. I was thankful we had good managers and loyal employees, or it would have all gone by the wayside. I was in touch daily, but I wasn't doing my weekly visits to the greenhouses and sometimes customers as I'd done for years.

The Gilberts, (Tom & Sandy) didn't have much yard in front of their house and the greater portion of their back yard was either rock landscaping or Sandy's small garden. More than once I could hear Sandy trying to mow. Tom was too lazy and cheap to have the beat up push mower tuned up, so it spit and sputtered and didn't work most of the time.

Our front yards were separated by only the Gilberts and my driveway, so I started making one long cut from the far end of my lawn, across the driveways, and then onto their tiny yard. It added 15 minutes to the front yard and I was always looking for something to keep myself busy, so it was no burden to me. When the front was done I'd mow the back yard, drifting over into the Gilberts yard taking care of the 8 or 10 swaths along with my back yard.

At first Sandy protested, I was having none of it, "Call it neighborly if you like, I don't mind at all." Sandy began bringing me a cold lemonade or ice water, I'd stop and chat with her as I refreshed myself. I had noticed bruises on her arms quite frequently and wondered just how abusive Tom was. Tom was too ignorant and lost in his own world to realize his mower had sat in the same place for over a month, but the lawn was always mowed. He wasn't there much anyway, always doing something with his buddies, as if he was still in high school. When he did show up it was to berate Sandy and call her filthy names.

There were mornings when Sandy would notice me on my patio, bringing her coffee over to sit and chat. She asked what I did for a living that I could afford to only go to work two days a week. I told her of the business Jenny and I had built, though I'd enjoyed the reduced hours this past year, it was time to get back to work full time and re-establish my normal routine. I ask Sandy what she did.

"Nothing, Tom won't let me work. Says I need to be here when he needs me."

I thought to myself, "what a crock, she's a grown woman with a smart mind. Why would he not want her to work unless she's too battered?"

Sandy explained that her dad had been Tom's employer and had kept a tight rein on him, after her dad passed away Tom became an absolute prick. With Sandy inheriting the business from her dad Tom thought it was his for the taking and proceeded to run it into the ground. Sandy still had a trust fund in her name, but couldn't touch it until she had children, or turned 35. With both Tom and Sandy being 29 and childless, she figured Tom was only sticking around until her 35th birthday so he could divorce her and try to get half of the trust fund.

I muttered, "bastard".

Looking at Sandy I said, "I need to run to one of our outlying greenhouses tomorrow, it'll take most of the day, but if you'd like to ride along you're welcome."

"Not sure Tom will let me, but I'll ask."

"What time does Tom normally get home? If I have you back by 4 will that be early enough?"

"It should be."

"Okay then, be here by 8 and we'll hit the road, don't worry about money, it's my treat."

We talked and laughed and had a good time simply enjoying adult company. As we were pulling into my driveway about 3:45 I saw Tom's truck. Sandy instantly began to cry. Knowing there was going to be a confrontation, Sandy had grabbed my phone, hit record, and set it on the dashboard facing her door.

Tom was storming full speed toward my truck, when he reached it he jerked Sandy's door open demanding she tell him where the hell she'd been. By then I was around to Sandy's side of the truck telling Tom that she'd ridden with me to a greenhouse to get out of the house for a day. Tom told me to piss off and grabbed Sandy by the arm jerking her out of the truck.

"No need for that Tom, she did nothing wrong." I protested.

"I said piss off old man, she's my property and I'll do with her as I see fit." He then made a huge mistake by punching me, as he turned back he punched Sandy in the stomach, causing her to double over and slapping her as she went down. As the arrogant little prick turned toward me he was met with a right hand to the ribs, followed by one to his kidney as he clutched his rib cage. I told the little prick to stay down, being the arrogant ass he was, he tried to get up. I grabbed his head with both hands, turned it sideways and slammed the side of his head into my raised knee, knocking him out cold.

Sandy called 911, when the squad arrived Tom had just come to and started yelling, the officer told him to shut up and sit down. Tom got all puffy and in the officer's face, so he slapped the cuffs on him and shoved him to the curb, telling him to be quiet.

The officer had been two years behind me in high school and I knew him quite well. "So, what's the deal Marti?" After looking through the video on my phone Tom was hauled off to jail for domestic abuse. Tom was spitting and sputtering about Sandy being his property and shit like that.

The officer grabbed him by the cuffs lifting his arms to shut him up, then said, "listen asshole, slavery was abolished in 1865, when it comes to humans, nobody owns nobody, so shut the hell up."

Before leaving, the officer told me he'd put an unmarked car at the end of the street until the shift ended at two. Tom had some friends who were as obnoxious as him, and you never know what those idiots will do.

Sandy looked scared and muttered, "that's the last straw, I'm through with him, I'll see a divorce lawyer Monday, but where am I gonna go tonight? Tom has all the money and cards, I'm not staying in that house, but with no money I can't even go to a motel."

I looked at her and declared, "You're right about that Sandy, no motels for you, you're staying at my house." I held up my hand at her protests. "I'm not a man who normally tells a woman what to do, but tonight you're staying in my house. I've plenty of room and you can have the guest suite all to yourself. Now get your cute little ass in that house, grab enough clothes and underwear for a few days, your toiletries, hair stuff, and make it snappy. I'll be right here at your front door waiting."

I thought to myself, "Did I really just order her to get her cute little ass in the house? Granted, she's got a hot little body, and her personality is infectious when she feels relaxed and safe, but you might have gone too far this time."

Sandy had gotten her hair items together, grabbed her toiletries, remembering she was about due to start her period she threw the remaining tampons in the bag, she'd have to get more in the next few days wishing she'd done laundry the day before. There wasn't much for underwear, Tom said she didn't need that stuff, what she did have was some ragged worn out utilitarian style underwear that had been given to her. Tattered full size briefs, (granny panties she thought they called them) and thick cotton bras that were too big. Before Tom had betrayed her she used to wear pretty underwear, those days were gone.

Sandy grabbed what little underwear she had, stuffed it in the bag and headed for the door. As she was exiting the door I muttered, "Geez, I thought I was going to have to send in a search party."

Sandy apologized to me.

"Well, as long as you got what you need, it's fine.

"I did Marti, thank you waiting patiently." As she walked ahead of me she turned and asked timidly, "do you really think I have a cute ass? No one has ever told me that before."

Nice going Merle, hasn't this girl endured enough abuse without you commenting about her ass? As I watched her walk I could swear she was twitching it more than normal. It wasn't wide, it wasn't skinny, it was tight, it matched the rest of her average body perfectly ... And yes, it was cute.

After Sandy tossed her stuff in the spare bedroom I took her to the hospital to be examined and photographed, I knew the more evidence she had, the stronger her case would be, by the time we made it back to my place it was 7:45. We had a leisurely bite to eat, shared a beer and by then it was close to 9:30. I led Sandy to the guest room, showed her the adjoining bathroom, told her I'd get more towels and let her know I was at the end of the hall if she needed anything after that.

As I was headed for the linen closet Sandy yelled down the hall that she was jumping in the shower and please put the towels on the chair outside the bathroom door. I did as she requested and then stopped cold when I saw the ragged underwear and thread bare t-shirt laying on the bed. I thought, "my gosh, is that all this girl has to sleep in?" I hadn't heard Sandy open the door, standing with a towel around her and wrapping her hair in another she asked, "did you need something Marti?"

I jumped as I spun around. I apologized for invading her privacy.

"Sandy, is that all you have to sleep in?" Embarrassed she nodded her head yes.

"Follow me to my bedroom, I couldn't throw Jenny's clothes away, I'm sure there's something in her drawers that you can wear." Sandy followed, finding a new pair of panties that still had the tags on them and an old oversized t-shirt she was sure Jenny slept in.

As she was leaving the bedroom I once again apologized.

"No need for apologies Marti." I had noticed the bruising on her legs at the bottom of her towel and wondered just how badly beat up she was. I was seething inside, I wanted to tear that son of a bitch limb from limb.

Sandy was at the door when I heard her say softly, "Good night Marti, see you at breakfast."

Sandy:

My mind is reeling. What are you doing girl? This man has treated you kindly and with respect. Stop flirting with him, his wife has only been dead a few years, maybe he's not ready to move on. Maybe he's one of those guys who never will."

Morning came too quickly for Sandy, her body ached, and it hurt to move, much less sit up. Tom had hit her before, but never this badly. She also discovered I was an early riser, sleeping until 7 was an unusual occasion for me. By the time she made her way to the kitchen the coffee was done, bacon was cooling, and pancakes were in the oven awaiting her arrival.

"Up at the crack of 8 o'clock I see." I chuckled.

She lightly touched my back as she walked by, headed for the coffee pot.

Did she just run her fingers across my back? I asked myself. It's been a long time since I've been touched like that. I had to remind myself not to read more into the gesture than existed, she was just being friendly, probably making sure I didn't accidentally back into her.

Sandy was in a robe, nothing hanging open or divulging any cleavage. She wasn't heavy chested, that had been apparent just being around her. Probably a solid B cup, maybe about 34 I thought. What she did have for breasts was tight, pert and stood straight out. Following breakfast as Sandy stood to go get dressed for the day I noticed her grimace and cry out in pain. I quickly reached out and held her softly.

"I'm not being a perv Sandy, let me see those bruises." I stated.

Sandy slowly opened her robe, she only wore the red panties from Jenny's drawer and I gasp when I saw her torso. She was covered in bruises from her upper thighs all the way to her upper chest. I gently slid one arm out of the robe and looked at her back, it was just as bad as the front. The bruises were in numerous stages of healing, some just slightly yellow, while others like last nights were deep purple and angry looking.

I closed her robe, held her close and fought back the tears that wanted to fall.

"Are you crying Marti, no one has ever cried over me before."

"Sandy, no woman should ever have to endure what you have. Tom is a sick man, I want to do to him what he's done to you, and worse, but that won't solve your situation. I'm going to do everything I can to help you get out from under his control. I've already called my lawyer, get dressed, then we're going to see her at 11."

Just then the alarm went off for a frontal intrusion. I had the cameras and alarms installed several years ago after threats were made against Jenny. I looked to the wall monitor and saw it was Tom, I wondered why he wasn't in jail. Why was Tom pounding on my door yelling obscenities? Sandy had run into the living room crying and shaking.

I hadn't turned off the alarm and knew as soon as I opened the door the alarm would go directly to the police station. As I opened the door Tom started with verbal demands that I get his bitch wife out here immediately, threatening to come in and get her himself.

I smiled and said, "you're already breaking the law by trespassing on my property, and I hope you do step across that threshold, because once you do, that will be intrusion, and I'll be forced to protect any and all persons within these confines. With prejudice I might add."

As Tom attempted to push me aside he was met with a throat punch, immediately grabbing his throat, falling to his knees trying to breathe. As he looked up I landed a right directly in his face with as much force as I could find. The thud and snap made my stomach turn, blood was spurting all over the wall, Tom was wailing in pain. I was relieved I hadn't crushed his Adams apple. Thirty seconds hadn't gone by and the cops were bursting through my door. Secretly I was disappointed at how quickly they'd gotten there, I wanted to leave Tom with a solid kick to the head.

As the deputies cuffed him they were radioing in trying to find out why he was out of jail. They led him outside and waited for the ambulance. It was discovered several hours later that one of Tom's buddies was a jailer and had released him, claiming ignorance of his release date. He was subsequently fired three days later.

Sandy heard the yelling, the threats, the scuffle and had come to see if I was hurt. She didn't smile, she was relieved to see that Tom had been removed and not a scratch on me. The sergeant was now on the scene, after taking my statement, he sat next to Sandy.

"Sandy, are you finally going to press charges?"

Sandy nodded affirmatively, was told to come to station as soon as possible, file a complaint, allow the female officers to photograph her body, and then fill out the paper work for a restraining order.

As they left, Sandy walked over to me and ask if I was okay. "Yup, just fine."

"What should I do Marti, I'm lost."

"Lost, what are you talking about? We're going to go and do all that stuff the sergeant told us to do and then we're going to see my lawyer. I'll call and tell her we'll be a few hours late. It'll be just fine."

The next several hours flew by, we took copies of the photos to the lawyer and when the meeting was done she told Sandy not to worry about a thing, she'd be well represented by her firm. Sandy asked me if she was really that good. "I sure as hell wouldn't want to go against her in a court room setting." Was my reply. That was all Sandy needed to hear.

By days end we were both exhausted. I asked if she'd like to go out for a meal or if she minded me rustling up something at home?

"Home please Marti, I'm too tired to be around crowds."

I tossed some chicken on the grill, boiled a few ears of corn and topped it off with some oven fries. It wasn't fancy, but it met the need.

Sitting on the couch later Sandy ask if would be alright to snuggle against me, I softly pulled her in and draped my arm over her shoulder as she lightly held onto my fingers. Within ten minutes she was sound asleep.

When Sandy woke about an hour later I moved my arm to see if it still worked. I sat Sandy up and said, "I need to ask some personal questions, will that be okay."

"Sure, ask away."

"I noticed your breasts were badly bruised, should I take you to the clinic for a mammogram? Just to make sure he didn't permanently damage the tissue. You're gonna need those mammary glands one day to nurse your babies."

"I don't think there's any deep tissue damage, he'd mostly just grab hard enough to make me wince or pinch my nipples real hard and pull them. I don't think there will be any babies hanging off these nipples, no one wants a 29 year old abused wife with all this baggage."

I cupped her face in my hand, turning her chin toward me, "that's no way to be talking, you're smarter than you think, prettier than you think, and have an effervescent attitude. You're a fine young lady and once you're out from under the burden of Tom, you'll make someone a fine wife."

"Marti, you're a sweet man." Sandy leaned in and gave me a soft kiss on the cheek.

"Thanks, you're the first woman to kiss me since Jenny died."

Sandy said she knew it was time for bed, but would I mind holding her just a minute longer, saying she felt safe with me. Twenty minutes later I carried a sleeping Sandy to her room, lay her on the bed and put a blanket over her.

Sandy was up at 6:30, meeting me in the hallway as I was headed for the kitchen. She had on a well worn cotton short sleeved shirt, blue jeans with several holes in them, real holes, not the ones you pay for. They weren't tight, just snug enough to accentuate that cute little butt. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and she had put on a little bit of makeup to highlight her eyes, cheeks and lips.