Mary Tagert Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,077 Followers

"John! No! Stop, don't kill him. He's my father!"

John whirled around to look at Mary. The man on the ground sobbed in pain. Mary stared down at her father.

"What?" John shouted.

"He's my father. Oh god. My father killed your wife and children. Oh god," Mary sobbed falling to her knees.

Rudy was there, pressing against her, licking her face. Then John was there, holding her, still keeping an eye on the man Mary claimed was her father.

"Daddy...how could you?" Mary sobbed, tears running down her cheeks.

"Wha..." her father croaked, face bloody from John's beating.

"You killed three people! How could you live with yourself?"

"What are you talking about?" His words were slurred but not from drink, but from the smashing blows from John's fists.

"You killed my wife and kids, you bastard!" John roared.

"Huh?"

"June 6th five years ago. You hit our car, passengers side, killing my wife and two children. You climbed from your car and staggered off not even looking back."

"You told us the car had been stolen!" Mary shouted.

"Huh? It was..."

"I saw you, you son of a bitch!" John cried.

Then there was a policeman standing over them. Mary tried to shrink away, but John just knelt there watching her dad.

"You, what is your name?" the cop asked Mary's dad.

"Carter Tagert," he replied.

"And your name sir," he asked John.

"John Massy," John answered.

"And you miss," the cop asked politely.

"Mary Tagert," Mary said defiantly.

"Whose dog is this?"

"He's mine officer," John said.

"Okay, I want you all against that wall," the cop said pointing at the wall behind Carter. "Hands on the wall, legs spread. You miss, just sit there. Can you control the dog?"

"Yes, sir," Mary told him, grabbing Rudy's collar.

"Good. Now to get this sorted out." He searched the two men, then eyeing Mary had both men sit down, backs against the wall.

"So is all the things I heard true?" the cop asked John.

"Yes..."

"No..."

"Shut up Carter. You'll have your say in a moment. Tell me John, what happened?"

"He hit my car, there is a police report," John pulled a piece of paper form his pocket. The cop almost drew his weapon until he saw the paper. John handed it to the officer. "After everything stopped moving, he gets out of his car and staggers off into the night. I was hospitalized with a concussion for three days. He then tells the police that the car was stolen. But that's him. He's the one that was driving. I will swear to it in court."

John was silent after that. The cop read the paper John had handed him. Without notice by the three there, two other cops had pulled up. The officer turned and handed the paper to one of them. That office went to his car.

"We'll have a printout of the report in a minute. Now you Carter, tell your story."

"Well...I was home...and someone stole my car..."

"No you weren't," Mary said.

"I was to. You were a child then..."

"I remember that night. You came staggering home claiming someone had stolen the car. You had cuts on your forehead and no keys. You had to get the house key remade from Alex..."

"Shut up!" Carter cried.

"Okay, I've heard enough. You, Carter, are under arrest for vehicular homicide. Stand up."

"No...it wasn't me..."

"Stand up or I'll stand you up," the cop said holding his handcuffs.

"Fuck," Carter cried struggling to his feet. "Fuck!" Then he was running down the alley.

"Get 'em boy," Mary told Rudy letting his collar go.

Rudy was down the alley and knocking her dad down in next to no time. Rudy stood over Carter waiting for the cops to show up. As the cops got there, Mary called Rudy back. The cops dragged Carter back, kicking and screaming he wasn't the one.

"Well trained dog you have there," the first cop said as they came out of the alley.

"Thank you, but John trained them."

"Them?"

"Yes, them. The other one is back at our squat guarding our things."

"I see. Well you two will have to come down to the station to give your statements."

"Rudy, home, guard," Mary told Rudy letting go of his collar. Rudy took off, a flash of black running down the street.

"Oh," the cop said. "Well, I guess it's for the best," he said shaking his head.

Mary and John were placed in one squad car, while Carter was put in another and everyone went to the police station. Carter to be processed and placed in a cell. Mary and John to give detailed statements. Both were anxious, but determined.

* * * *

Four hours later, Mary and John were dropped off at the corner they had been picked up at. Both stepped out of the squad car and breathed a sigh of relief. The police had been kind enough to feed them while they were there, but Mary was thirsty beyond belief. Her first stop was the bodega on the corner. She bought two items for each of them. An ice cold water and an ice cold beer. She handed John a beer.

"No, no, not again," he muttered.

"Yes, just the one. I'm having one, then switching to water as are you."

John nodded as he popped the top on the beer. Ducking into the alley, he took a long pull on the can. Mary joined him, gulping down at least half hers. Both just stood there, smiling at the taste of the beer, sighing with pleasure.

"That's good," Mary said. "Real good."

"It is," John chimed in.

Both drank the rest of the brew. They looked around for a trash bin to put the cans in. There was one at the back door of the bodega. As they came out of the alley, they both sipped the water. Smiling, they hurried to the loft to feed and water the dogs.

* * * *

At the loft the dogs, being dogs, acted if they both had been gone for years. After they were fed and watered. John started to pack his things.

"Whacha doin'?" Mary asked.

"Come on, pack your stuff, we're out of here. I have a surprise for you," John told her.

"What kind of surprise?"

"You'll see, come on get packing." John bent, stuffing his things into a duffle her pulled from a hole in the wall. The dogs just sat there watching their master.

Shrugging her shoulders, Mary stuffed what little she had pulled out of her duffle, back in. She was ready to go, before John was. At the doorway, John turned and looked back into the loft. Mary swore a tear rolled down his cheek. Then he was rushing down the stairs dragging her after him.

They walked down the alley back to Main Street. John led them to a bus stop.

"How are you going to get the dogs on the bus?" Mary asked.

"With these," John told her pulled working dog vests out of his pack. She had never seen them before.

"You think they'll let them on with those?"

"They will, it's the law. Both dogs are certified working dogs. I have their papers in my bag."

"Oh," was all Mary could say.

The bus came and they all got on. John dropped money in the box.

"I don't give change," the driver said looking at the ten dollar bill in the box.

"I don't expect any. Just two transfers."

"Okay," the driver said handing John two transfers.

They found seats in the back. The dogs lay at their feet. For an hour they rode out of the inner city to the outskirts of town. Then they transferred to another bus. This driver wanted to see the paperwork for the dogs. John handed it to him. He looked it over, handed it back and closed the door. They all found seats. The bus was almost empty. Another hour and John was up and headed for the door, Mary and the dogs close on his heels.

The bus pulled to a stop and they all got off. Mary stood looking around. They were far out into the suburbs. The streets were clean, the houses neat and tidy. Grass, yes grass, grew in the front yards. Yards. Fences. Mary and the dogs followed John down the street. They walked for about half an hour. Then John stopped, Mary almost bumped into him. He stood looking at a house. A big house. There were lights on inside. John pulled the gate in front of him open. Mary reached out, grabbing his arm.

"John, what are you doing?" she croaked.

John stopped. Turn toward her. Looked deep into her eyes. The dogs were whining and yipping, excited by something they remembered.

"Mary...this is home," John whispered.

"Home," Mary croaked. She suddenly had a lump in her throat.

"Yes, home."

John took her hand in his and pulled her up the walkway. All the time Mary was expecting someone to step out of the shadows and yell at them to get out. John, boldly walked up to the door and pressed the doorbell button. Then he waited. The door opened. A man, dressed as a butler stepped out to fill the doorway.

"It's been a long time sir," the butler said.

"It has Alfred," John replied.

"I see the dogs are still with you."

"They are."

"Are you here to stay this time sir?"

"I am and I have brought a guest with me this time."

"I see. Come in, sir," Alfred said, stepping aside.

John pulled Mary inside, the dogs rushed passed them farther into the house. Mary mechanically moved with John, all the while looking around her surroundings. John dropped his bags, he had two, on the tile floor in the kitchen. It was the biggest kitchen Mary had ever seen.

"Drop you bag, Mary, we'll get them straightened out a little later. I don't know about you, but I could use a shower."

"Yeah, a shower," Mary muttered still looking around with wonder in her eyes.

John pulled her toward an elegant stair case. They both climbed the stairs together. With each step Mary felt different. At the top John led her down a long hallway to a door that stood open. Inside was a bathroom to end all bathrooms.

"You will bathe here."

"Alone?" she croaked.

Yes, alone," John smiled at her. "We have a lot to talk about..."

"We certainly do..."

"...but first a shower, Alfred will bring you some clean clothes, then something to eat, then we will talk."

"I see..." Mary whispered stepping into the bathroom.

"When you're done, Alfred will be down in the kitchen, he will show you to the dining room. I will be down as quick as I can," he told her pulling the door closed.

Mary stood there in the middle of a bathroom that was triple the size of their loft. Hell this room was bigger than the flop house room and bathroom together. A soft knock at the door startled here. She stepped to the door and opened it. Alfred stood there with clothes.

"How did you know my size?" she asked.

"Master Massy did, ma'am." Alfred handed her the clothes.

"Thank you," Mary told him.

"You are welcome..."

"Mary, call me Mary, please."

"...Mary. Very welcome indeed."

Alfred closed the door and was gone. Mary looked around, saw a small stool and set the clothes down. Then she hurriedly stripped out of her dirty, smelly clothes. She stuffed them in the small trash can next to the sink. She hurried into the walk in shower. Slid the door shut and turned on the water. She adjusted the temperature and stepped under the powerful stream. It felt marvelous.

* * * *

Mary was the last to show up downstairs in the kitchen. Alfred was waiting, along with John. Both were sipping wine from tall fluted glasses. When Mary arrived, Alfred poured her a glass and handed it to her.

"You look very nice...Mary," Alfred told her.

"Thank you Alfred."

"Dinner is ready any time you are."

Mary nodded at Alfred, then looked over at John. His hair had been cut and he was clean shaven once more. She smiled at him as he raised his glass of wine to her. She smiled and raised her glass to her lips. The wine was chilled and sweet. Mary had never had wine before and this wine tasted wonderful.

John led her to the dining room, pulled her chair out letting her sit. He sat across from her. Alfred brought in dinner. Mary tasted what was probably the best food she had ever had.

After dinner, John took Mary on a tour of his house. Mary thought mansion, but John said house. There were five bedrooms upstairs. Each had its own bathroom. Down stairs was the living room, dining room, kitchen, and the den. In the den was an entertainment center that would put a theater to shame. As she was shown each room, Mary gasped with wonder. They ended up in a small sitting room just off the living room.

"Mary..."

"John, I have so many questions..."

"I know. I know. Just let me explain, it will probably answer all your questions."

"Okay, I guess I can wait."

"First let me tell you how beautiful you look in that dress."

"Thank you. I almost didn't wear it. It's been a long time since I wore a dress."

"Now...down to business. When my Ruth died and your father wasn't arrested...I didn't know they had picked him up and questioned him...I vowed to scour the city. I took my leave of all this...these things...to find him. For the first three years I wandered the city, looking. I didn't find him. Then you came along. I guess I hadn't seen you until I was about to give up and come home. Then it was all I could do to look after you. You don't know how hard it was to take you in, to look over you, after..."

"No need for that John..."

"Anyway, I wanted to keep you safe, so I did. I stayed. I kept looking for him while I looked out for you. When the dogs bonded with you, I had to keep you. Even if I gave up looking for him, I would have brought you here. Then came the day, the day I saw him and lost him. Well, you know the rest. During our time together...I fell in love with you. I knew how much older I was then you, but you didn't seem to care. I love you Mary Tagert."

"And I love you John Massy," Mary told him. "Have no doubt about that. I loved the dirty, filthy, grubby you. This you," Mary said smiling and waving her hand at John, "I will have to get used to."

The dogs came trotting in all clean a fresh. They went to John, who ruffled their ears. Then they were sitting in front of Mary. She reached out and ruffled their ears just as John had. The dogs yipped once and lay at her feet.

"So any questions?" John asked.

"A couple, but you answered most of them already."

"Well ask away..."

"I'm satisfied for now. I do have one question though. Would it be okay to have my brothers join us here?"

"Anything you want when it comes to family," John told her. "I will have Alfred contact them tomorrow."

"Thank you," Mary told him. She looked around, "When are we going to bed?"

"Right now my dear Mary."

"Good, I want you to do all those marvelous things to me in your bed."

"Oh god," John croaked.

The End

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,077 Followers
12