Mass Effect - A Hero Rises Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Damn, she was good before, but now that I wasn't returning the favour and she could concentrate on my cock, she was brilliant. I was never going to last long, but the fact she could swallow my length? I was above average, I knew that, and previous lovers knew that. Annie loved the fact. But it was clear to me, then and there, that Emily had no gag reflex. And she seemed to love going down on me, her eyes looking up as my nearly my entire cock disappeared inside her mouth.

No man would last forever being shown the sort of appreciation Emily was showing me. I warned her I was about to cum, but all she did was look up again and seemed to smile. My arms were long enough to run a hand through her hair, which she definitely seemed to appreciate, before warning her again I was about to cum. I groaned loudly as the first shot would have taken her by surprise, but I never felt her lips remove. In fact, I'm sure they tightened around my cock as I felt my cock fire at least half a dozen good shots into her mouth before it quivered and finally seemed to be empty.

Emily kept pleasuring me until she was sure I was empty, one of her hands caressing my chest, the other gently caressing my cock. Finally removing her lips, I couldn't help be slightly startled at the fact she had swallowed my cum as she kissed my chest before she straddled my groin once again, leaning down to kiss me. "Well, you don't taste half bad, Shepard," she whispered.

I dragged her down so I could kiss her again. "I'm eating your pussy again in the morning," I growled. That just made her giggle. "But I'm thinking we should shower right now."

She had a luxurious bathroom, the shower large enough that we could relax together under the water. After washing each other, we simply hugged under the water, both of us no doubt feeling incredibly relaxed. "Can this happen again"? she finally asked.

"I don't see why not. I just... I don't..."

"I understand, Shepard. Honestly, all I need is a little stress relief myself. And if someone like you were to knock on my door every so often..."

"I can agree to that arrangement."

We dried each other off then headed to her bed. When she spooned herself against me, wrapping my arms around her, it felt nice. Better than nice. Unlike the numerous other partners I'd been with since Annie, Emily wanted to be with me at that moment because she genuinely wanted to. I gave her a gentle squeeze, feeling her run a hand up and down one my arms. "Don't get attached," she whispered.

"What? Me?"

"No... Me, Shepard. I'm a professional..."

That made me chuckle. "Well, most of the time."

She flipped around to face me, wrapping me arms around her as she nestled her head under my chin. "I can separate my job and this. Can you?"

"Easily. Though I now have a reason to return to the Citadel every so often if this is going to happen."

"Maybe not just straight to bed though? Perhaps you could treat me to dinner first?"

"I can do that."

She smiled again before turning around, shuffling back into my body. I heard her sigh and I think she was rather content with life. She was the first woman I'd been with since Annie who wasn't bought and paid for. I'd practically avoided any sort of personal life, and if I'd wanted to get off, I'd find a place of ill-repute, though somewhere classy, similar to the Consort though less expensive than her.

Waking in the morning, I kept my promise of eating her pussy, giving her a couple of orgasms that had her smiling all the way through the shower we shared again and definitely through breakfast. Nothing more than some toast and coffee, but she certainly had a spring in her step as we headed out of the building. We had to part at the taxi rank, she would be heading to work, while I would head to the Normandy. Hugging her tightly to me, I heard her whisper again, "Don't get attached," before I leaned down to kiss her.

"Thinking the same, but I had a great night, Ms. Wong."

"You had better come back and see me, Commander Shepard."

"Definitely."

I already had her contact details, so she simply told me to call her whenever I was back before she slid inside a cab and disappeared. I took a taxi back towards the docks, getting out early so I could simply stroll along for a little while, whistling a tune to myself. I probably looked rather happy and relaxed, noticing the occasional grin from people passing by me.

It was while I was heading back to the ship that I found myself stopped by an incredibly well spoken woman. No idea who she was but she definitely seemed to recognise me, though considering my face was now all over the news, I guess that was little wonder. "Commander Shepard, I was hoping to meet you here."

"Oh, and why is that, Miss...?"

"My name is Helena Blake. And, well, I will admit that I am in the need of some help. I cannot go to the regular authorities due to the nature of my business. Therefore, I have a business proposition for the lone human Spectre that can operate outside the rules."

I couldn't help chuckle. "Listen, lady, all you need say is you run some sort of criminal enterprise. Everyone knows my record by now."

She smiled. "Very well. I am part of a rather successful criminal syndicate. I won't go into details, but I do have a matter which should concern you. Two of my business partners have decided to change the course of our organisation, doing things I can simply not agree with."

"Such as?"

"Well, for one, they have started dealing in red sand. I cannot abide by drug taking. The second thing is that they have started dealing with batarians and the slave trade. I figured those two things alone would gain your interest and perhaps you would be willing to deal with them."

"What do you get out of it?"

"Complete control of the organisation and I can guide it the way I see fit."

"And what do I get out of it?"

"Would credits do?" I simply gave her a look she couldn't misinterpret. She started to blush before stepping forward. "My, Commander, I'm old enough to know this could be a very bad idea," she said softly.

"Possibly, but I can assure you we'll also have a hell of a lot of fun."

"And you're serious? That's all you'd want?"

"Fine woman such as yourself, all you need do is join me for dinner, a drink, and if you're interested, we can do other things after that." She was speechless for a moment; I think honestly not believing me. "So you don't think I'm a complete arse, I'm not actually expecting the third thing. But dinner and drinks would be nice."

"I could get your credits, weapons... Yet all you want is, what, my company?"

"Yep."

"Despite who I am?"

"Oh, definitely because of who you are. Might learn a thing or two." That made her laugh, the sort of sound that definitely made me feel funny. "So, is that your agreement?"

She stepped forward, resting a hand on my chest before leaning up to kiss my cheek. "Dinner and drinks does sound very nice, Commander. And if you were to sweep me off my feet, as they say, I think I could find the third thing rather enjoyable too." She stepped back and keyed her omni-tool, sending me some information. "For protection, the two work on separate planets, in separate systems, in separate clusters. Once you've taken care of them, you'll find me on the planet of Amaranthine, in the Horse Head Nebula. That's my base of operations."

"Okay. I have a few other things to do obviously, but if I'm in the area, I'll certainly take care of these two fools."

"You have my thanks, Commander," she said, before catching me slightly by surprise when she kissed my cheek. "I look forward to seeing you again soon."

She turned and walked away, and I definitely watched her go. I wouldn't guess picking her age. Older than me, but younger than say Chakwas. I knew how old she was, and I already knew I'd have some fun with her if the opportunity presented itself. Considering humans now lived much longer, and thanks to genetic engineering, you only started to look old once you were past triple figures. Did leave me wondering why some people let their hair go grey or silver at a young age though.

Upon approaching the ship, there was a gaggle of people waiting to board, including all my new team, noticing them all turn towards me as I walked towards them. "Good night, Commander?" Alenko asked.

"It was, Lieutenant. And you?"

"Oh, we had a few drinks, some of us danced, but we noticed you enter and leave with someone."

"Emily Wong," Garrus stated, "I've read one or two of her articles. Good at her job."

"I helped her with something," I said with a shrug.

"Uh-huh," Alenko stated.

"You fuck her?" Wrex asked.

"A gentleman never tells, Wrex. Then again, I'm not exactly a gentleman, but I'm not one to speak of private moments either."

"Yeah, you fucked her alright."

"Where are we heading next, Shepard?" Ashley asked.

Gesturing to the air lock, I suggested we board and get ready to depart and I'll let them know. Wrex continued to make a joke or two at my expense, making note of the fact I seemed to be in a rather good mood. Joker was already in place; aware he didn't move around all that much due to his disease. The rest of the crew was in position, Pressly standing in his usual place by the galaxy map.

"Have an idea of where to go next, Shepard?" the Navigator asked.

"I'm thinking Feros. I've done a little reading about it. Zhu's Hope is a small colony there, apparently based within the remains of an enormous Prothean city. Why it wasn't completely destroyed, I'm not sure. Might have to ask Liara about that. And part of me thinks a colony like that could be the perfect target for Saren and his geth."

"Any other messages or requests of help?"

"I've just had someone ask for some help but, for now, I think we'll focus on Feros. The other thing we can worry about afterwards."

Inputting our destination into the galaxy map, Joker confirmed and I got to work as he back the Normandy out of dock and set us on our way. After reading through a series of small requests and other messages before I headed down to the mess, Alenko in his usual place, glancing to see Liara and Chakwas deep in conversation in the med-bay. I didn't just want to stay in my room the entire time, isolated from the crew, so figured I would head down to the garage.

Wrex was standing around doing absolutely nothing as usual. Garrus was tinkering with the Mako, and he was in a world of his own, so I left him to it. Tali was in deep conversation with Chief Engineer Adams, who had already been in my ear, and had sent me numerous messages, about how he loved having a quarian with him. Ashley was busy dealing with weapons and armour, so I figured I'd bother her.

"Enjoy your time on the Citadel, Chief?"

"Yes, sir," she replied, busy putting an Avenger back together.

"Few drinks and a dance?"

She gave me a look and smirked. "Don't want to see me dance, sir."

"You and me both. I can dance on the battlefield but on a dancefloor? New born giraffe shows more grace."

She looked away before saying, "Seemed to be enjoying yourself with Ms. Wong though."

"We had a nice night together."

"How long have you been dating?"

That made me chuckle. "We're not dating, Chief. That was our first date, though calling it that would be... Well..." I trailed off and cleared my throat.

Now she looked at me with a smirk. "So I'm assuming Wrex was correct then." She held up a hand. "You don't have to say anything, sir. I think it was rather obvious the way you came strolling towards us."

I thought I'd make a joke of my own. "Sounds like someone is jealous, Chief."

She snorted, which simply made me laugh, which made her laugh too. "Think highly of yourself, sir?"

"I've been told I have a certain charm."

She gave me a sideways glance. "Well, even if I was interested, that would be fraternisation between two Alliance soldiers. And that would be wrong, sir."

"Though technically I'm still Alliance, I think my Spectre status would supersede that."

"While that might be true, you would still be a superior officer trying to get into the pants of a non-commissioned officer. Not sure how favourably people would look at that, sir."

"Anyone would think you were suggesting something, Chief."

"Me? Not at all, sir." She glanced at me for a second. "Are you?"

"I'm not suggesting anything either. Merely having a conversation with my Chief."

"That's good. Anyway, are we off to Feros or Noveria?"

"Feros."

"Good. Hopefully we'll run into more of those geth bastards."

"Have you taken my advice?"

She nodded. "Chakwas has a bit of history regarding psychology, so she's offered to sit down with me once a week. That and the occasional day or two away from the ship to clear my head will help me going forward." She now looked at me in the eyes. "Thanks for actually giving a shit, Shepard."

I recognised the use of my name. "No problem, Ash. And you ever need to talk, my door is always open."

The journey from the Citadel to Feros took a couple of days, though everyone had a job to keep themselves occupied. With each day that passed, the crew was more comfortable around each other. Anderson had recruited the best possible people for every position when he'd been given the command of the Normandy. I certainly wasn't going to charge in and change everything, trusting his judgement and selections.

Joker let me know when the Normandy entered the system, and I could hear him trying to contact someone on the ground once we entered the atmosphere. Zhu's Hope was the only colony on the planet, so if they were not responding, that wasn't good. "Just take us in, Joker. All we can do is land and see what the deal is."

"Aye, sir. Taking us in. Hopefully there's some sort of dock I can slide us into."

Looking through the windows, spires sprung up from the low cloud cover, left wondering just what lay underneath. Zhu's Hope was a relatively new company. Trying to find out anything about Feros itself was difficult, almost as if it was a secret.

Joker continued his attempts at contacting someone on the ground before we broke through cloud cover to see the expanse of the ruins below us. Joker and I whistled together as he managed to get a lock on the colony at least, his fingers flying across the holographic screens in front of him, slowly but surely bringing the ship into dock.

By the time I turned around, my team was armed, armoured, and ready to move out. Putting on my helmet, I led the way to the airlock and into one hell of a shitstorm. The geth were there, and they were there in force.

12