Mass Effect - A Hero Rises Ch. 25

Story Info
A Mass Effect trilogy novelisation.
9.4k words
4.72
4k
4

Part 25 of the 69 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/11/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Book 2, Chapter 6 -- Tank Born

*****

It's always a nice thing to be woken by a blowjob in the morning, though once I was with it enough, I had Kelly spin around so I could at least return the favour. Pussy, breakfast of champions. After we'd both enjoyed an orgasm, we couldn't just leave it there, and a good, hard fuck followed, Kelly holding on for dear life, legs wrapped around me, fingers digging into my back, as she cried for me to fuck her harder still. I could only chuckle as I was really going at it, but she seemed to love every second.

Once we were done, I made her giggle as I picked her up, throwing her over my shoulder, making caveman grunts as I carried her to the shoulder. "Me Shepard. Take you to cave. Water hot."

I had her laughing even more as I made a real big deal about cleaning her down, though she turned the conversation around when suggesting she was rather dirty. That sort of talk would only lead to one thing usually, though we knew we had to get downstairs for breakfast. Our absences would be noted, and though I expected gossip eventually, the longer it could be avoided, the better.

Still, as we walked into the mess together, most eyes did turn towards us. Kelly's hair was still wet, and her cheeks were still bright red, and that wasn't just from the shower. I probably had a spring in my step. Always did after sex. Taking a seat opposite Garrus, Kasumi moving across so I could, Kelly sat down next to me and started to eat, without a care in the world. I think she would have enjoyed the fact she was fucking me when no-one else was on the ship.

Garrus finally bit the bullet. "So you and Kelly?"

"Me and Kelly what, Garrus?"

"You know... you're together..."

"We're not together, Garrus," Kelly replied, not lifting her eyes as she was focusing on her food, "We're just fucking. Perfectly natural thing for two people to do."

Garrus just looked back at me. All I could do was shrug. "She's right," I added.

"So that didn't take you long then?"

"I think he waited too long. I'd have fucked him the first day on the ship," Kelly said.

Garrus couldn't do anything except burst into laughter. Even Kasumi giggled next to me. "I'd heard rumours. I guess they were true," she said.

"Has Jack popped up?" I wondered, hopefully moving the conversation on.

"Haven't seen her since she disappeared yesterday," Garrus replied.

I looked down the row of tables towards Zaeed. "You seen any sign of her?"

"No, Shepard. I did pop my head into engineering, letting anyone in there that it was breakfast time. But I guess she's not up to joining us."

"Well, she doesn't like crowds. She might come up after we're all done."

"You won't go chasing her?" Garrus asked.

"No. Though I'd like us to eat as a team, I'm not going to force her to do anything that makes her uncomfortable. She'll join us when she's ready." I glanced around and noticed Miranda wasn't around. "What about Lawson?"

"She popped out to grab a tray. She did sit here, or at least near us for a few minutes, but when you didn't appear, she headed back into her quarters."

"Fair enough. I'm sitting down with her after this anyway."

"You are?" Garrus asked, definitely surprised.

I shrugged, replying, "Guess we should actually get to know each other as people. Detest the organisation, but I'm working with the people. The other night, I got to know many of them, at least on the surface. Can't say many of them were fanatics. I think Lawson is different but I might be surprised. I'm sure she has her own story."

I focused on finishing my breakfast, watching and waiting as the rest of the crew slowly disappeared upstairs to their stations. Kelly was one of the last to disappear, kissing my cheek once no-one was around, and I let her know I'd probably be at my terminal after my chat with Miranda. Grabbing a couple of mugs from a freshly brewed batch, I headed towards Miranda's office. Her eyes widened with surprise, but the smile that appeared was a surprise to me, though it would have been due to the coffee I was carrying for her. "Wasn't sure how you like it? I can grab some things."

"Little bit of sugar would be perfect, Commander." I headed back out, put a dash of milk in mine, grabbed some sugar, and headed back in. We focused on preparing our coffee before we both sat back, taking the first sip in silence. "I was out in the mess earlier..."

I shook my head. "It's fine. I was running late."

"Because of Kelly..." There was an edge to her tone I expected. I have no doubt every member of the crew had been warned about fraternising with me in such a way. As Kelly told me, it was all in my file, and Miranda had likely read it back to front numerous times. I simply met her eyes and waited for her to add something. "I'm not judging you, Shepard. Your file was rather detailed in regards to your... private life."

"Did it make you uncomfortable?"

She scoffed. "Of course not. You approach sex casually." She shrugged, adding, "That's what you want, I'm not going to judge you for it."

"Well, enough about me for now. We're in here because of you, Miss..."

"Miranda, Commander. Please... I feel so... awkward when you call me that, particularly in private. I think one way of becoming familiar with each other is to use friendlier terms."

"Okay... Miranda," another slight smile, and I think it was of relief that I easily acquiesced to her request, "We'll use familiar terms. I'm Shepard." I leaned forward, offering my hand. "Nice to meet you."

She laughed, the first time I'd ever heard her laugh. She grabbed my hand, no surprise it was rather soft and feminine, giving my hand a gentle squeeze before she drew back. "Nice to meet you too, Shepard."

I leaned back, taking another ship. "So, what's your story? You know everything about me, it seems, but I know absolutely nothing about you. I'm here this morning to rectify it. We will be working together for the next few months and being at loggerheads won't help anyone. We need to establish a working relationship. Basically, you need to think like me and vice versa."

"What would you like to know?"

"Well, you have an accent but that means nothing nowadays. Where were you born?"

"I wasn't born, Shepard. I was created." I definitely raised my eyebrows as the way she said it. "It's a long story, Shepard. Can we not go completely personal off the bat?"

"Tell me whatever you feel comfortable with, Miranda. As I said, we have plenty of time."

"What I can say is that I was raised by father, a domineering presence. I was pushed constantly to excel, and often failed to meet his ludicrously high demands. You suggested I am not good with people. I'll level with you, Shepard. I'm not. When I was growing up, I had very few friends. I was mostly schooled at home, private tutors and had very little free time, constantly pushed to do various things. Learn instruments. Play sports, generally individual rather than with a team. I was quizzed constantly and expected to pass with flying colours. It was extremely demanding of someone so young."

"Your mother?"

"I don't have one. Part of that story I don't exactly want to tell yet."

"Sure, sure. So life wasn't that great then?"

"No, it wasn't."

"So how did you end up with Cerberus?"

"Well, you can only push someone so far until they snap. Despite my solitude, I managed to keep in contact with one or two people who were willing to help me, knowing what I put up with at home. One evening, I put a few things in a backpack, got past the security, and tried to just disappear."

"Security? For you or for...?"

"Oh, mostly for him. He's rather important, or thinks he is anyway. I know he sent people after me, but despite the expectation, I know I'm smart but I needed protection. So that's when I approached Cerberus. My father had dealt with them before, that's how I found information about them. When father found out, he was furious, but the Illusive Man must have seen something in me, as he assured me I was protected, so my father severed his own links with Cerberus. I've been here ever since."

"That explains your loyalty."

"Partly. I strive to help humanity, Shepard. That is why I am here, not just on this ship, but part of the organisation. Humanity has made great strides in the past few hundred years. The galaxy is literally our oyster now. We can be still so much better, and there are many people, as smart if not smarter than me, working towards that aim as part of Cerberus."

I took a moment. This was the first time I'd heard real passion in her voice. She truly believed in what she was saying. Yes, there was loyalty but she also enjoyed her work. I don't think I was wrong about Cerberus itself, but she seemed to believe they were fighting for the greater good. But I thought I'd throw her a curve ball.

"What do you do for fun?"

Yep, the look of confusion on her face nearly made me laugh. "Fun?"

"Yeah, fun. When you're not working, what do you do for fun?"

"What do you do?"

I wagged a finger. "Nah-uh, we're not talking about me, Miranda. We're getting to know you. How do you blow off steam after a long day? Chill out watching a movie? Lie back reading a good book? Sit at a bar and pound beers or girly drinks?"

She sat back and had to give it some thought. "This is going to sound pathetic, Shepard, but I worked on you for two years and it was almost a twenty-four-seven job. If I wasn't busy at work, I was either eating or sleeping otherwise."

"Dating?"

She gave me a look and there was even a faint, sad smile. "I don't have to time, Shepard. My work is far too important for personal relationships."

"And this is what I'm talking about. One thing I learned through all my training is that you need to know when to relax. Take some time for yourself, recharge the old batteries, do something that will put a smile on your face, god forbid even laugh."

"I have fun, Shepard," she insisted.

"Okay, give me an example."

She gave it some thought again, looking away for a moment, before turning back to me with a grin. "Fashion."

"Fashion?"

"I keep up to date with fashion, Shepard. Considering I'm always in uniform, when I get the chance, I like to wear nice clothes but, more importantly, look good in them. Turn heads if necessary. So, fashion. It's an interest of mine. I'll read magazines. Even watch clips. And I'll browse during moments of quiet, wondering what I should buy next."

To be honest, I couldn't disagree. It was a hobby or an interest not related to her work. "Okay, you like fashion. Fair enough."

"Learned enough yet?"

I couldn't help chuckle. "Want me gone now, eh?"

"Well, I have finished my coffee and I do have a mountain of reports to do. However, I understand we are on our way to Korlus, correct?"

"Yep, should be there tomorrow, I believe."

"Well, if you want, we can do some training together before we get there. Our work was solid on Purgatory but there's always room for improvement. Right?"

"I'm always training, Miranda, so we'll get together... this afternoon. Sound good?"

"I look forward to it, Shepard."

Reaching forward to take her mug as well, I rose and wandered towards the door when I turned back. "Thanks, Miranda."

She immediately knew what it was for. "No problem, Shepard. Glad to have you back."

"You and me both. Hell of a job. No idea how you did it. Don't bother trying to explain, I won't understand."

"You'll prove you were worth every credit when we stop the Collectors, Shepard."

"Four million credits, right?" She nodded. "Hell of a price tag. Anyway, I'll see you downstairs after lunch."

Grabbing another mug, I poured some coffee and headed upstairs, delivering one to Kelly for once, who was very pleased to receive it. Standing close behind her, I leaned forward, resting my head just off her shoulder. "I must behave," I whispered.

"Though I don't want you to," she whispered back, "How was your chat?"

"Constructive. We're going to train together this afternoon."

"Hmmm. Methinks Shepard has wandering eyes already." I laughed at that comment. Not a chance of that happening and that's the very thought I expressed. "Are you saying you'd turn her down?"

"I'm not saying that at all," I retorted, as she turned around, sipping her drink, "I'm saying she'd never agree to it." She raised an eyebrow, as if not believing what I said. "What?"

"Does she intimidate you?"

"No. She was pissing me off. I think we're in a better spot now. I think we've cleared the air a little bit. I think Jack was right about the cheerleader bit but now I understand why she's almost a fanatic."

"You see, this was in your file, Shepard. You are hard on your crew when necessary but try to understand them at the same time."

"Lead by example." She was looking at me in a certain way so I thought I should probably end the conversation. Then I thought Bugger it and leaned forward to give her a soft kiss. "Better go to my own terminal," I said quietly.

"I'll join you for lunch later."

The messages never stopped flooding in, and I was under the impression word had reached those in the know in the Alliance. I had sent Anderson my new address to keep in contact, but he'd obviously sent that to certain people, as certain friends that I'd known for years were contacting me, asking where I'd been, asking if the rumours of Cerberus affiliation were true, while certain higher-ups were already asking whether I could assist with missions or could at least drop by to chat. I read, replied and deleted those I could, marking others that I would reply in private later.

I had a thought, wandering into Mordin's lab and asking if there was any way I could do some work privately, without the all-seeing eyes of EDI and Cerberus. He managed to firewall his own omni-tool, so I gave him mine and asked him to do what he could. He added he'd see to my terminal upstairs, but that I shouldn't do anything I deemed private on my terminal in the CIC as him tampering with it would likely lead to it being changed back without any of us knowing.

After heading down to the batteries, chatting with Garrus about what we could do to make the cannons even more effective, and shooting the shit about a varied bunch of topics as always, it was time for a quick lunch before I headed downstairs with Miranda for some training. She'd changed out of her usual outfit, now wearing some lycra leggings and a loose shirt. "I'm thinking intense training, Shepard, so we're going to pick up a real sweat."

So I took off my shirt without thinking about as she'd seen me naked anyway. I could stand there naked and I doubted that would provoke a reaction. We then got to work, Miranda methodical in her approach but I found it worked, going through each detail of how to warp, throw, pull, use a shockwave and then found some dummies and had me perform a series of charges, later with a shotgun as I feigned firing one, twice, three times as the dummies were positioned as how they might be facing in the middle of a fight.

It was gruelling work, and after a couple of hours, I was feeling the strain, more mentally than physically, and the floor was definitely slick with sweat. Miranda had been training as hard, her light grey shirt now rather dark and pressed to her body, highlighting her obvious curves. She walked over from the nearby bench, offering a bottle of water.

"You're a fucking natural, Shepard." I blinked in surprise at the curse. "We're down here alone. Don't think there are many devices down here."

"Know about those?"

"Of course I do. I might have wanted the control chip, but I certainly don't like being spied upon. But you get used to knowing they are there."

"I assume you were monitored constantly while fixing me then?"

She shrugged. "As I said, you get used to it. The Illusive Man believes he is protecting his investments. I can see his reasoning." She took a sip from her bottle. "I know what Mordin is up to with the others. I'll receive a message sooner rather than later about it."

"Send it to me then. I'll tell him where to shove his fucking devices."

She gave me a glance before there was a faint smile. "Can I be serious a moment?"

"Of course."

"I'm going to blunt. I don't suppose there's a chance of winning you over to our cause?"

"I find it highly unlikely, Miranda. Not after what I witnessed what your organisation was capable of two years ago. I'm sure the Illusive Man has given you excuses, but I don't want to hear them. Nothing can justify some of the atrocities we found. And I don't think the organisation had changed completely since that time. Bringing me back? A good thing. Stopping the Collectors? A good thing. But there is blood on his hands. Human blood. He wasn't experimenting on aliens, the things he claims to hate, he was experimenting on us. To me, that is unforgivable."

Miranda simply nodded and I assumed she didn't want to argue, since we were getting along. "Well, unless you want to carry on, I think that was a good session, Shepard. We should just keep working on the basics for now, but we can certainly try new things in the future."

"Sounds like a plan. I usually work out in the morning. We can do this a couple of days a week, in the afternoon. And don't go putting it in your diary. Let's just do it when the feeling takes us."

"I can do that, Shepard."

"Good. And thanks for your help. Feel like I'm getting on top of being biotic now. It's still weird though."

"You'll get used to it, Shepard."

Getting into the elevator, she got off on the mess level, needing to go shower, as I headed to my cabin, as I needed a shower myself. I definitely spent a few minutes as I have no doubt that, even with deodorant, I probably stank, so an extra deep scrub was probably required. After I'd finished, I grabbed a few datapads and sat in just my towel on the couch. The top one was in regards to the last recruit before I was either sent more possibilities or something happened with the Collectors.

I'd barely glanced at it, only taking down the fact we were heading to a planet called Korlus. Sitting back, I laughed away at the idea of a krogan doctor. From what Wrex told me, Tuchanka was a complete mess and they relied on outside assistance for pretty much everything except ways to kill either each other or other people. But if a krogan doctor was going to do anything, it would be in regards to one thing I remembered Wrex telling me all about.

"Joker, how long until we're in the vicinity of Korlus?"

"Tomorrow morning, Commander. You should have time for breakfast at least."

"Okay, thanks."

Grabbing another datapad, I checked the information we had on Korlus. Some datapads contained almost too much information regarding places we might be venturing. Korlus sounded like a giant shithole and incredibly dangerous. I didn't mind the second thing as long as I was armed, but oppressive heat, humidity and an environment toxic to nearly anything living wasn't the way I would want to spend my morning. But this krogan came recommended by the Illusive Man, and to be honest, he hadn't steered me wrong yet. I was still waiting for that first knife in the back...

I heard the doors open, glancing up to see Kelly wander in, coming to a stop when she saw me in just my towel. Her eyes definitely lit up as she immediately peeled off her top and unclasped her bra quickly before she kicked off her boots and lowered her trousers and panties, naked far quicker than even I thought possible. Grabbing the datapad, she threw that over onto the bed as she grabbed my knees and spread them slightly as she kneeled between them, opening the towel to reveal my growing erection.

She wasted no time at all taking my cock in her mouth, resting my head back on the couch and groaning. God, she was good at this. Her head was soon bobbing up and down slowly, looking up every so often as I caressed her face or ran fingers through her hair. I would even say she looked beautiful with a mouthful of cock. Pulling it out for a moment, she rested it against her cheek as she looked up at me. "Do you love it when I do this, Shepard?"