Mass Effect - A Hero Rises Ch. 43

Story Info
A Mass Effect trilogy novelisation.
7.5k words
4.79
2.2k
5
0

Part 43 of the 69 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/11/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Book 2, Chapter 24 -- Treason

*****

Walking out into the mess with Kasumi the next morning didn't provoke much of a reaction. People glanced, took notice, then carried on with their conversations. Good, I didn't want a scene anyway, though knew someone was bound to have a crack at us eventually. Taking a seat next to Kelly, she kissed my cheek and leaned into my side, and I made sure Kasumi was sitting to my other side, and I eventually wrapped an arm around them both, sitting back, making sure I looked smug. Garrus just lowered his fork and chuckled.

"Spirits, Shepard..."

"What?"

"I honestly don't know how you do it."

"He has a great cock," Kasumi said bluntly.

That caused a moment of silence before Kelly added, "God yes, Kasumi. How many times did he make you cum?"

"I think four but I honestly stopped counting. It was just far too enjoyable."

I would have laughed otherwise, but the fact they were so willing to talk about it, hell, I wanted to hear. "He go down on you?" Kelly asked.

"He did. The attention he gave my body before we even started anything... I was so wet, Kelly. No, I was flowing by the time he finally started. I didn't let him finish as I needed him inside me. Once he buried himself, my god, no wonder you're smiling nearly every morning."

Garrus was gone by this time, laughing away. The looks I was receiving from other women suggested I could have had every single one right then and there and they would have loved it. "Well, I'm glad you had fun, Kasumi. And you are more than welcome to enjoy him again. I can't deny women his cock, not when I know how good it is. When he buries himself completely..."

"You know, I don't know if my ego will get upstairs now," I said.

"Oh, hush, Shepard, you know for a fact I cum hard with you every time," Kelly retorted, "So I'm getting you tonight, as not only are you going to spend time eating my pussy, but I'm thinking I need a nice hard fuck afterwards."

Okay, rock hard instantly. She knew as well and her hand soon disappeared under the table as I leaned into her. "We're not fucking in the mess, Kelly, but you keep doing that..." She turned and I kissed her immediately. Her fork dropped to the ground as she turned and wrapped her arms around me. I'm not sure how long we kissed, but once we broke apart, her creeks were bright red and her eyes were alive with desire. "Finish your breakfast."

She smiled. "You did that on purpose."

"Of course I did." Then I turned to Kasumi and did exactly the same thing before I leaned down to her ear. "Next time, I'm going to fuck you senseless," I whispered, "And I want you to speak Japanese when I do so."

"Anata ga watashi o isshōkenmei ni sa seru kagiri, Shepard," she replied. No idea what she said, but it sounded promising.

Normality was somewhat restored after breakfast as everyone headed back to their quarters or workstations. I headed up the CIC with Kelly, where I stayed with her at her desk for a little while, holding her as she tried to get on with work. She said I was distracting her on purpose, which was true. But I eventually kissed her cheek and headed off.

Must have been an hour at most when EDI asked me to head down to engineering. Not often I was requested to head down there. Didn't think Jack would be causing trouble. She'd mellowed completely over the past few weeks. We hadn't been intimate in a long time now, but we spent a lot of time talking. So I guessed it could only mean Tali, wondering what would be on her mind.

When I arrived, she was terribly upset about something. Tali was always cheerful, confident, stiff upper lip, so for her to be so obviously upset was a real surprise. She wasn't breaking down in tears, though she did seem to be on the verge. It was only when she tried to tell me what was wrong that she couldn't find the words. There was only one cure. She needed a stiff drink.

So I took her by the hand and led her up to the lounge. As soon as we walked in, Kasumi was up on her feet, a million questions as to what was wrong. They took a stool each, I played bartender as I poured Tali a tall brandy, while I poured Kasumi and I a glass of whiskey. Japanese, which she'd bought specifically during our last visit on the Citadel.

"Okay, Tali. Get that down your neck, then you can tell us what's wrong."

She drank it down so fast, I thought she'd hurl it back up. But it seemed to calm her down, hearing her take a few deep breaths. "I received a message from the Migrant Fleet, Shepard. They're charging me with treason."

I shared a glance with Kasumi. "What? You?"

She shrugged almost helplessly. "I haven't been told on what grounds, obviously. Just informed I've been formally charged and must return to the Migrant Fleet within a standard galactic week. Failure to appear will lead to automatic exile."

"Fucking hell," I muttered, "Okay, we'll go immediately. Where are they?"

"Oh... Are you sure you have time?"

"Tali, you're part of my crew. I'm not throwing you to the wolves."

Kasumi just grinned at me. "Okay... Thanks, Shepard. I'll find out their location and send it to you as soon as I'm told."

"Utterly ridiculous, Tali. I can't think of anyone else who cares for the Fleet more."

"True. But they must be confident to charge me so now I'm just thinking what they could possibly have against me."

"Okay, we'll discuss this further on the way, Tali, but I'm not having any of this. I know it's bullshit. You know it's bullshit. So, rest assured, I'll do whatever I can to make sure these charges piss off."

"Thanks, Shepard. I think you being angry might even be a help."

"If I need to knock some head together for you, just say the word."

Heading upstairs, Tali had the information I needed to me within ten minutes, inputting that in the galaxy map. Joker obviously noticed the destination and clarified it. I didn't tell him why, I just ordered him get us there as soon as possible. He said a couple of days, as there were a few ways to get there.

Kelly could see I wasn't particularly happy so grabbed my hand and pulled me towards her desk, holding her as I was before. She didn't ask what was wrong, not yet. I'd tell her later that night in privacy. "Want to play with my pussy?" she whispered.

"What?"

"Well, it might put a smile on your face instead of a frown."

Her hands moved from her keyboard and I heard at least the sound of her fly going down before she grabbed one of his hands and I soon felt the short hair above her sex. Lowering my hand further, I soon found what she had offered, hearing her gasp when I started to slowly fondle her. Pressing myself against her a little tighter, she tried to feign working but I noticed her fingers weren't actually moving.

Looking around, no-one was looking in their direction, at least yet. "Shepard," Kelly whispered.

"I'm going to make you cum right here."

Leaning back, I moved a hand under her shirt, unclasped her bra one-handed, and I could soon move my other hand up her front and gently caress one of her breasts. She didn't stand a chance now, turning to kiss me, one hell of a good one as she tried to cover the sounds of her moans and whimpers. Pulling back, she gazed into my eyes and I think we could have started fucking and she wouldn't have cared. I just watched her face, cheeks slowly getting redder, her mouth parting, her eyes wild with desire, as my hand started to move quicker, stating to tease her clit at the same time.

As I said, she didn't stand a chance.

"Oh god," she cried quietly, feeling her shudder against me.

"Told you I was going to make you cum, Miss Chambers."

She kissed me hard again, her tongue exploring as always, before she pulled back. "I love you," she breathed.

"I know," I retorted with a smirk.

She eventually just gave up and relaxed against my body, feeling her move to the movements of my hand. Covering her mouth, she was definitely getting closed, rubbing herself against my erection, my fingers now inside her, finding that special spot she had. I knew where it was, so once I could focus on that, it was game over.

Her orgasm arrived a couple of minutes later, feeling her squeeze my fingers as I brought it home. She covered her mouth to muffle her cries, eventually giving up and just kissing me deeply once again until she finally calmed down. I didn't move my hands until she seemed to be done, slowly removing my fingers and lifting them up. I was about to suck on my fingers when I had a thought and offered them to her. When she swallowed them and moaned, I nearly just bent her over and went to town.

Turning around, I looked her up and down. Button and fly open, her shirt a mess and clearly her bra wasn't on now, as her hard nipples poked through. And she looked ready for a lot more.

"Upstairs?" I asked.

"You'd better otherwise I will fuck you right here, Shepard."

We went upstairs, I was naked within thirty seconds, and my cock was in her mouth five seconds after that, leaning back against the fish tank. To be honest, I lasted all of five minutes before leaving a load in her mouth. I was far too turned on after our shenanigans downstairs. As soon as she swallowed my load, she stood up, finished undressing herself, but we didn't make the bed, as I picked up her, took her over the couch, then spent at least an hour eating her out. By the time I was done, my jaw ached and she could barely move nor put a sentence together.

Picking her up, I carried her over to the bed and lay her down, then just held her in my arms as she enjoyed a short nap. Waking half an hour later, she turned around and the smile on her face lit up the room, before leaning forward to give me a soft kiss, cuddling into me.

"Are we going downstairs?"

"Nope. Let's just stay here all day. I think we can mix some lovemaking, some napping, and just some relaxing. It's two days to the Migrant Fleet at least. Honestly, I've got fuck all to do except read endless reports."

And that's exactly what we did. Surprisingly, while we did make love at various points, and it was as fantastic as it always was, we spent more time just relaxing together, either cuddling on the couch or bed, chatting about anything except work. It was one of those times on the ship when we could simply be Shepard and Kelly, two ordinary people that didn't have the prospect of a suicide mission looming over the horizon. If it wasn't for the fact we were on a warship, I would have called it normality.

I guess, in the back of my mind, was the idea to make the most of such times, as I doubt I'd have them very often once the Reapers arrived.

*****

Any other time, Tali'Zorah vas Neema nar Rayya would have been delighted to be returning home to the Migrant Fleet. Although she had loved travelling the galaxy with Shepard on the Normandy, making friends and lovers along the way, the fleet has always been home. Surrounded by her own people, she had always felt safe.

But this time, she felt almost physically sick as the Normandy passed through the relay and there home sat in the distance, but this time, it was not a happy homecoming. She heard more than one whistle at the sheer size. Fifty thousand ships took up a lot of space. The three liveships were the biggest, of course, while thousands of the ships would have been considered not space worthy by other species. Quarians could make old wrecks worthy of sailing for decades. Sure, it took a lot of tinkering or just brunt force engineering, but quarians were resourceful. They had to be.

She was also not surprised that the fleet immediately sent a welcoming committee. The fleet would monitor any traffic approaching from the nearest relay, most concerned about geth, but considering the fleet were not welcome in most systems, they were always on the defensive.

"Approaching unidentified vessel. State your intentions regarding the Migrant Fleet. Non-compliance with this request will be seen as a hostile act and you will be fired upon."

Shepard looked at her. "You're up, Tali."

"This is Tali'Zorah vas Neema nar Rayya requesting permission to dock with the Rayya."

There was silence, no doubt surprise that it was her, and she was on a ship painted in the colours of Cerberus. The hatred for the organisation was high after events in the recent past. "Our systems has your ship flagged as a Cerberus vessel, Tali'Zorah. Please verify."

"After time adrift among open stars, along tides of light and through shoals of dust, I will return to where I began."

The reply was almost immediate. "Permission to approach the Fleet approved. Welcome home, Tali'Zorah."

"Thank you. We also require a security and quarantine team to meet us. Our ship is not clean."

Gathering new the airlock, only Shepard would be invited to board with her. Although her arrival had been accepted, the fact it was a Cerberus vessel would still cause her problems. Still, most of the others were gathered around, even the likes of Miranda and Jacob, offering their support as Joker brought the ship into dock, feeling the ship shudder as a docking arm was attached. Once Shepard was ready, not requiring a helmet as the air was perfectly breathable, the pair of them stepped onto the docking arm and walked side by side.

Ahead, she saw a welcoming committee, which wasn't a surprise either. "Home sweet home?" Shepard asked.

"Every other time, I was overjoyed to return to my people, Shepard. This time? I dread to think what lies in store for me."

"I'll kick their arses if I need to."

For some reason, that made her feel better, allowing herself a light laugh before they met with the welcoming committee. Captain Kar'Danna, the CO of the Rayya, had been sent to meet her. She didn't know if that was good news or not. That's when she learned two things. One, that Shepard would be representing her at the trial. She knew that was bullshit immediately, not as disrespect to Shepard, but the fact an outsider was having to do it. Two, she learned the charges. Bringing active geth onto the Fleet.

"Okay, I know for a fact that's bullshit," Shepard stated, "Tali would never do such a thing."

Captain Kar'Danna simply shrugged, almost helpless. That's what he'd been told. She was polite enough to thank him for the information before they walked on. Major ships had an area, almost a small 'village square', where people could congregate, as each ship had a real sense of community. It was just on the edge that she met Shala'Raan, who she called 'Auntie' being a long time close friend of the family. After introductions, it was only then that she realised what Shala had called her.

"Did you just call me 'vas Normandy?"

Being an expert in body language, she read the disappointment easily. And a little bit of anger. "I'm afraid I did, Tali. The Admiralty Board moved to have you tried under that name, given your departure from the Neema."

"What's the problem, Tali?" Shepard asked.

"They stripped me of my ship name, Shepard. That's as good as declaring me exiled already." He looked ready to raise a question, then seemed to think better of it, likely understanding it was politics and something he really didn't want to get involved in. She didn't blame him considering he was going to be dragged into the spotlight eventually. "This is bullshit," she whispered under her breath.

Entering the plaza, or village green, as there was enough habitat around to draw comments from Shepard, she noticed the crowds gathering to watch her trial, and she also noticed someone special who had made the shuttle ride over. He approached the pair of them.

"Captain Shepard," he stated, before looking at her, "Ma'am."

"Captain?" Shepard asked.

"You're the Commanding Officer, Shepard. According to quarian law, that makes you 'captain'," Tali replied, "Are you okay, Kal?"

"I'm fine, ma'am. I'm more concerned about you."

"Kal, my name is Tali."

"Official business, ma'am. Can call you all the pet names you want, but only when this is done." Then Reegar looked at Shepard. "I assume Miss Zorah is being taken care of, Captain?"

"Of course, though this is obviously all bullshit."

"Yep, this is why I hate politics and glad I spend half my time actually away from the Fleet."

"Kal, if I'm exiled..."

"Well, let's not be too hasty, ma'am. I don't think Shepard will let that happen without a lot of shouting, threatening and swearing. But if that's the case, then Shepard might have another crew member."

That answer rocked her. She knew it was semi-serious, and that she hoped for more. But actually leaving with her? "You're... you're serious?"

"Yes, ma'am," he replied simply, "You go, I go. Simple as that."

"But this is your home."

"Yours too, ma'am. And part of that home involves you."

She couldn't help smile behind her mask. He was all armour on the outside but he had a soft heart. "Shit, sounds pretty serious," Shepard stated.

"Serious enough I'm willing to walk away from the Fleet, Shepard," Reegar stated.

Before she could add anything, the Admiralty Board walked in, though she was surprised at the fact there was no sign of her father, left believing he would have recused himself as there was no way he could have remained unbiased. But she thought he still would have taken a shuttle over to see his daughter. But, then again, it's not as if they were particularly close.

Taking a central position on a platform that loomed over everyone else, Raan raised her arms, everyone immediately quietening down. "This conclave is brought to order. Blessed are the ancestors who kept us alive, sustained us and enabled us to reach this season. Keelah se'lai."

"Keelah se'lai," she echoed, the entire crowd uttering the same phrase as one.

"The accused, Tali'Zorah vas Normandy, has come with her captain to defend herself against the charge of treason."

"Objection!" yelled the admiral in the middle, raising a hand.

She could hear Raan sigh from where she was standing. "Yes, Admiral Koris?"

"A human has no business at a hearing involving such sensitive military matters."

"Then you should not have declared Tali as crew of the Normandy, Admiral Koris. By right as Tali's captain, Shepard must stay."

"How's that working out for you now, big guy?" Shepard asked, to the amusement of some in the crowd.

"Objection withdrawn," Koris said quietly.

"Shepard vas Normandy, your crew member Tali'Zorah stands accuse of treason. Will you speak for her?"

Shepard stepped forward and Tali knew, just knew, he was immediately going to go in both barrels. "Oh, you bet your arse I'll speak for her. Because we have things back on Earth called kangaroo courts. This is nothing but bullshit. No fucking idea why you are choosing to bring charges against her, but clearly someone had an axe to grind here. Quite frankly, I already know this is a fucking sham and a waste of our time, as we should be focusing on the Collectors, not dealing with whatever bullshit this is."

Having got some of his opinion off his chest, he then happily stepped back. Tali didn't know whether to laugh or call him a bosh'tet for riling up the Board. It was then that Shepard entered her plea, not guilty of course, before the Board explained the nature of the charges. And that's when she learned about active geth and the fate of her father, where it appeared he may have been lost with many other quarians aboard the Alarei. Tali had taken another couple of knocks within the space of a couple of minutes, even Shepard looking concerned, though she waved him away.

Shepard, being a man of action, immediately offered to take back the Alarei. Tali agreed and, to her surprise, the Admiralty Board also agreed. She thought, somewhat bitterly, that if she died during the mission, they'd just sweep the whole affair under the rug. As for Shepard, she figured he wouldn't mind fighting more geth. Few hated geth more than the quarians, and Shepard really hated the geth.