Mellow Yellow Ch. 01

Story Info
Anna is working at a festival, bored and lonely at first.
1.2k words
4
3.4k
3
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Beginning of a multi-chapter story set around Anna- a 22 year-old woman working at a festival stall. Hope you enjoy!

***

Anna looked out at the afternoon crowds milling past the stall she worked at, watching for a potential customer to walk past and be persuaded to purchase one of the terribly overpriced outfits on offer. She tapped her fingers against her bare knee impatiently. Working alone today was dull, and she hoped Sam would be back soon, so she at least had someone to talk to.

Whilst she had taken up Sam's offer of a summer job in the hope she could earn his approval, maybe even his affection, it was turning out to be a lot more waiting around than expected. What had happened to the long chats together over coffee, or the bonding over crazy customers and nights full of dancing and drinking? Festival working was not all it was cracked up to be she thought, and closed her eyes, leaning back on her camping stool into the shade of the stall.

"Hey?" A rough voice jolted her out of her self-pitying reverie.

Anna opened her eyes to a tall man standing in front of her, blocking the sunlight into the stall. He was tanned and lean with light hair that could almost pass for dirty blond in the bright early afternoon glow surrounding him. Anna blinked at his shirt; it was black with a peace logo made up of lit spliffs, and he wore jeans so ripped they were more hole than material. A right old hippie, she thought, and rolled her eyes- of course this was who turned up when she had no one else to serve.

"Hi, how can I help?" she asked, standing up, a bland cheery manner put on so as not to reveal her true frustration. She watched him look her up and down, his eyes roving up past her vintage flared jeans, up to her wide hips and resting very briefly- she appreciated his attempt at subtlety- on her rather skimpily crop top-covered chest. His eyes continued upwards to reach her face, they were dark, and didn't seem to fit with the rest of his bright demeanour.

"I'm looking for an outfit for a gig later, have you got anything green?" His voice was warmer than she'd first thought, but a bit hesitant, and she wondered if he was new on the scene.

"Green? Who are you going to see that requires green?" she asked slightly mockingly.

"Erm no. Not for me to see. I mean, I'm doing a gig, and what with it being in the Green fields I thought I should try to dress up." He mumbled slightly as he talked, and Anna guessed it might be his first gig somewhere as big as this festival.

Anna looked at him critically, wondering what he played. She hadn't got the musician vibe from him so far.

"Okay then, anything in particular?" she asked, "We've got some animal onesies in the back, there's definitely something green, like a crocodile or something?"

"Um I don't really think that'd suit, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for..."

Anna sighed, this was going to be hard work, and she really didn't feel like it today. "How about this, serious enough for you?" She held up a neon green, lycra bodysuit into the light. The man physically cringed away from it, and Anna laughed and hid it behind her, "Okay, that's a no then." She wandered over to the other side of the stall to a wall covered in lacy outfits and flashing nipple tassels, she wanted to see how far she could push this guy before he made his mind up about what he wanted. She reached up and unhooked a green male thong with a matching, feathered hat- it looked like a horrendous attempt at a sexy Peter Pan costume.

"Something like this more your style, looking to woo the ladies...?" she sniggered lewdly as she waved the outfit in front his face and watched his ears turn pink with embarrassment and his eyes crease. Or was he enjoying the sell?

"Absolutely not," he said, and smiled shyly under his breath, "Actually, I think the hat would go better with this," He held up some of the nipple tassels with pulsing green lights on the tips, "Much more festive." He waggled his eyebrows suggestively and it was Anna's turn to blush lightly. The corners of her lips turned up slightly as she took the proffered outfit from him.

"Want me to try it on for you?" She gave a small twirl to let him admire her figure again.

"Oh, that surely won't be necessary, after all, I'm shopping for me." He turned away awkwardly, looking at the grassy ground.

Anna stopped grinning and toned down her enthusiasm a little, "Sorry, yes of course," she said, disappointed, "How about a boho-style green poncho? We've got loads of traditional boho stuff like that if it's more up your alley."

"Yeah, that sounds more like it, would definitely suit the vibe I'm going for better." Anna took the outlandish green garments from his hands, accidentally brushing her hand against his forearm as she did so. She jumped slightly at the contact and then chastised herself for being so ridiculous. Two minutes ago, she'd been ready to dismiss this guy for simply being a stoner and slightly quiet. Now he'd resisted her teasing, she decided he was pretty cute, just soft-spoken by the looks of it.

He ignored her odd look and turned down another aisle of the stall to racks of patchwork trousers, tie-dye dresses, and as promised, a row of felt ponchos. "I'll take one of these then," he decided, and brought a poncho down to the counter at the back of the stall.

"That'll be fifteen pounds," Anna announced, "Cash, card?"

He leaned sideways and fished in his pockets for something, bringing out a mess of coins that were counted out meticulously, and dropped in her palm, "Here you go, thanks for the shop tour." He smiled at her again bashfully, and before he could leave Anna blurted out,

"Wait, what's your name?"

"Mine's Tom, but I'm playing as part of Mellow Yellow later, if you're interested?" She definitely was. Anna nodded. "We're on at seven tonight, so yeah..." Tom trailed off and looked up at Anna who was still holding her hand out, "Thanks, again."

Tom walked out of the stall. He threw the poncho over his shoulder as he turned off down the hill, and Anna let out a breath she didn't realise she'd been holding. The money felt hot in her hand, and she set it down on the counter. It was warm from his pockets, and her face heated up as she imagined standing behind him, reaching round and pushing her hands into his jeans to pull him up against her. She wondered what his arse would feel like pressed up against her. What his hair smelled like. If he'd relax beside her and his body would melt into hers.

"Hiya, I'm looking for fairy wings?" A young girl walking up the stall aisle startled Anna out of her daydream, and she sorted the coins in front of her into the till. "Yes, sorry, they're on the left," she explained, "I'll show you." She headed over to the glittery wings hanging on the cloth wall and shook her head, trying to dispel the vivid images running through her mind, and stave off the heat that had built between her legs.

***