Michael or Mac Ep. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, I didn't, did I?"

"Yes, you did." Finally, we arrive at my rec room door, and Donna waits for me to open it before she walks in.

"Hey Em.......ma. Shit Emma what happened to you?" Donna is looking at the red marks that have come up around Emma's neck and down her arms.

"Oh, hi Donna," I can see Emma is ready to have a go. "This is what happens when you say no to your friend Joshua White."

"Oh Christ, Emma, I had no idea he would do that. I'm so sorry."

"It's lucky Michael came along when he did."

"Who's Michael?"

"He's the one with who sits on his own at the back of Susan Harper's class."

"What the weird guy that always wears those glasses." Donna looks at me when she says the word 'weird.'

"Yes, him. He came alone just as Josh was trying to force himself on me. Michael pushed him through the exit near the trash compactor, and then Josh tried to hit him, hitting the wall instead."

"Well, he's going to get a lot of shit from this." Emma's eyes look towards me, but Donna is preoccupied. "So, how did you get home?"

"I brought her home. She damaged her knee and won't go to ER." I say

"You know your mum will take you too straight to ER when she gets home?"

"That's what Mac said." Emma smiles at me. "I'm also putting it off so I don't bump into Josh there."

Donna nods and sits down at the other end of the couch. She looks around the room and spots my photos on the wall. "Hey Emma, you have similar photos on your wall."

I must admit Donna is taking this rather well. Then she gasps, "were you the boy that lost his parents and was a little quiet." I nod, and Donna's eyes drop. "Oh, I didn't make the best first impression then." I shake my head, "so is there any chance of a song then, Mac?" Donna asks, changing the subject. I frown at her; I can't quite work her out.

"So we're good then?" Emma asks, looking as confused as I am.

"Well, to be honest, Emma, I had always wondered why Mac would ignore my obvious come-and-get-me actions. I thought he was gay or something, but it was because of something else that had happened years ago." She looks like she has accepted this truth. She then adds, "If I had thought about it, I should have realized he was your Mac when you told me about him. The strange thing is, it didn't even occur to me to put two and two together."

I have put my guitar back on and am standing listening to Donna and realizing that my first impression of her was correct. I started to play a couple of songs that just calmed the room. Both girls have relaxed back into their friendship and were glued to me singing. I go through some songs that the band has on their playlist and a couple I know these two will like.

In-between two songs, Donna leans closer to Emma, "It's so much better in here, Emma." Emma just laughs and nods her head.

I'm halfway through Echo beach when Emma's phone rings. "Hi, Mum.....yeah, I'm over at Mac's, with Donna.........Yes, really............Quite well considering." I cough and point at her leg. "Mum.......can you come to pick Mac and me up.......Mac thinks I should go to ER.........Mum?........ Stop...... don't panic.........I will tell you on the way........Yeah, I hurt my knee........Well, it's swollen quite bad. Mac wanted to take me, but in the end, put an ice pack on it.........I will explain on the way, mum....... Okay, I will see you in about twenty minutes." With that, she hangs up.

"Mum will be here in twenty minutes," Emma says, a little shell shocked.

I look at my watch; I put the guitar down and kneel in front of Emma. I unwrap her icepack to get I look at how it's looking. The knee seems slightly better, but I expect it will swell up again when we move her downstairs.

Emma looks at me with a grin, "are you going to carry me back downstairs?"

"I think I can manage that," I say as I get back up to start to put my equipment away.

"Donna," Emma says, a bit excited. "Mac here plays in Charlottes Webb; he says he can get us in next week if you want."

"What? Really? Can you get us in Mac?"

"Normally, yes, it depends on how busy they are. The three of you should be no problem."

"The three of us?" Donna asks, a little puzzled.

"Well, I thought you would bring Mia as well. If not, the two of you would be easier."

"Oh, you know Mia?"

"Well yeah, we were at the same school, and she was Emma's friend back then."

Donna didn't ask anything else; she seemed to be happy with that. So I get up and get Emma's clothes together. She doesn't want to put any of it back on and is satisfied with my sports shirt and shorts.

"We best get you downstairs for when Kim gets here Em."

I hand Donna the backpack and lift Emma off the couch. She feels a little lighter this time. I look into her eyes, and she has a satisfied smile on her face. Then, just as Donna turns her back to head towards the door, Emma gives me a quick kiss on the lips.

"You know I heard that don't you?" Donna says; she glances over her shoulder and sees the blush on both our faces.

We make our way downstairs, and I take Emma into the family room and put on the only chair with a footrest.

Donna puts Emma's bag down and then walks towards the door. "I will see you, Emma. Let me know what the doctors say."

I walk Donna to the door, "I don't get it, Donna. Emma was finding it hard working out how to tell you about us being friends. But, after all the worry, you seem to be okay with it."

Donna turns and gives me a sheepish smile. "Don't get me wrong, Mac, I would give anything to be in Emma's shoes with you. But when you came to the door earlier......." Donna trails off; her eyes can't even look at me. "The way you looked at me, Mac. I knew from the second you appeared at the door." She is upset at the situation and can't quite articulate herself properly.

"I'm sorry, Donna."

"I think that should be my line." For the first time, I have seen a human side to Donna. Her eyes are starting to glaze. "Anyway, I best go. Is it still okay for us to get in with you next week?"

I hear a car pull up behind me, and the engine stop. "Yes, Donna, it should be fine."

"Mac? What happened?" I spin around and see Kim getting out of her car, looking flustered.

"I'll see you around, Donna." As Donna quickly makes her escape, I turn to face what will be a distraught mother. "Hi, Kim, Emma's inside waiting for you. Come on in, and hopefully, you will get some sort of explanation."

I show Kim into the family room, where Emma is waiting with her leg still elevated. "Hey baby, oh shit, look at you.......What happened, Emma."

I sit down in one of the other chairs as Emma explains what happened. I get a smile when Kim hears my role in saving Emma. Emma asks whether Kim thinks she should go to ER. Kim insists, so Emma insists that I go along just in case.

I carry Emma out to the car. On the way, Emma giggles, "I could get used to this."

"Well, can we forgo the getting attacked bit of it?" I ask.

Emma slaps my chest, "you know what I mean, Mac." I can't hide my smile as we reach Kim's car.

When we are all settled in the car, Emma turns around, "you do realize my knee doesn't feel that bad now. I could have walked to the car."

"I don't think that was an option Em." Kim starts the engine, and we pull away. Both Emma and me have this contented smile on our faces.

We aren't long in ER. After a couple of scans and a lovely female doctor examining Emma's leg, they conclude it's just a little bruised and should be sore at worst for a couple of days. She praises my first aid skills and sends us on our way. I am back home shortly before ten, and with a long day tomorrow, I get an early night.

******

Saturday morning is a cold sunny morning as I do my chores around the house. Paps is on the phone when I walk in after putting the trash out. I stop in my tracks when I realize he is on the phone with old man Parker. It doesn't sound too promising, so I go upstairs to pack up my equipment for later. Paps always lets me use his SUV when I have to transport my equipment.

I put everything I need out in the back of Paps's pick-up. I have also got a couple of bags of coal and some larger logs for the fire pit we are setting up in Emma's garden. As I am putting the last amp in, Paps walks into the garage. "Are you okay, Paps? That phone call didn't sound too promising."

Paps is looking like he's about to tell me bad news. "It could have gone better, Mac." He walks towards me. "Do you remember we are going down to the beach house in two weeks?"

"Yeah, we always go up last week in October," I say, eyeing Paps discomfort.

"Well, Mac, it looks like I will need to go up to the Ranch and try to negotiate face to face. I would have gone up this week, but the old man Parker's in hospital at the moment. That's why he's selling up; his body is just falling apart."

I think about it for a moment, "I can drive down and do the beach house alone, Paps. I've done it enough times. Don't worry; the sale of the Parker ranch won't come around again any time soon. So when do you plan to fly up?"

"I'm thinking of getting the 9 am flight next Monday morning. Is that okay?"

"Yes, Paps, I should be fine. If I have any problems, I can go and see Sarah."

"Thanks, Mac. Are you off over Kim's any time soon?"

"Yeah, I will see you this afternoon. Are you coming tonight?"

"Nah, it's not my thing." With that, I close the door on the SUV as Paps walks back to the house.

I park up outside Emma's house after Kim had given me the all-clear. Emma still doesn't know that I'm playing this evening. I set everything up in a nook in the family room. Kim has taken much of the furniture out of the downstairs, so there's more room for people.

Once set, a sideboard and dust-cover hide my equipment. Emma won't have a clue until I start playing.

Kim's phone vibrates with the message telling us that Emma is close. Kim's sister and Emma's favorite aunt, Evelyn, have come down from Newark. She volunteered to be the decoy and take Emma birthday shopping. I am now sat in the kitchen with a mug of coffee, waiting for the birthday girl's return.

Emma comes bounding in full of the joys of life. She's carrying her ill-gotten game from her shopping trip with her Auntie. "Hey, baby," Emma says, spotting me sat next to her dad. She walks over to my side of the table, and I move to give Emma my seat. She puts her hand on my shoulder. "No, Mac, just give me some lap to sit on."

I move my chair out a little, and Emma sits straight down, giving a peck on the cheek. "I'm guessing you've had a good day, Em? How is your leg feeling?"

"Oh, my leg is still a little sore, but it feels much better. I've had the best day, shame you couldn't come. It would have been fun showing you my outfits in the shop."

"I'm sure I will get to see them in time, Em." I readjust Emma on my lap, so she's further away from my expanding bulge." She gives me a knowing look that tells me I was a little too late, and as she looks towards her Aunty, who's telling Kim about their morning, a satisfied smile appears to spread across her face. I am left a little red-faced and wondering what is happening to my body. Luckily for me, attention is on the two sisters talking.

There's a lull in the conversation, and Emma turns back to me, "hey, why did you drive Paps SUV here instead of yours?"

"Well, Em, I picked up something for Paps at the mailroom. I also have the coal for tonight for the fire pit, and I don't think it would be a good idea to have Michael's school car parked out front."

Emma sits digesting that; she seems satisfied with this and is distracted by the conversation between her mom and aunt.

I tap Emma on her ass, "hey, I best make a move. What time do you want me here?"

"Oh, do you have to go so soon?" I nod my head, "Okay, can you get here before anyone else, around 7?"

"Anything for the birthday girl."

With that, she gets up and grabs me by my hand, tugging me to my feet. I say my goodbyes as Emma walks me to Paps SUV. I lean against the driver's door, and Emma leans against me. "Mac, you know the kiss you gave me on Wednesday?"

"Yes, Em, it's not something I will forget in a hurry." I move my head back to get a clear view of her face. "Have you been analyzing the meaning?" Emma looks up at me and nods. She gives me a shy smile. "Tell you what, Em," I say, thinking fast. "Are you going to be calling me tomorrow night hoping for an invite to dinner?"

"Are you cooking?"

"That would be a strong possibility."

"Then I will be making that call."

"Then we can have this conversation tomorrow. Is that okay?" Emma looks a little disappointed with that idea. "Em, today isn't the day. There's too much going on and people that need to spend time with you. We need a bit of time for this conversation to do it right. So we both can make time tomorrow."

"Okay, Mac, but I will need a kiss to keep me going until then." I smile at her. She knows how to bend me round that little finger already. I lean forward, and Emma meets me halfway. Our lips touch, and I feel my heart speed up and a movement in my trousers. Emma then does something that I didn't expect.

She pushed herself against my crotch and gave a little gasp. Then, as our lips separate, she says, "well, there's a birthday present." I wasn't sure if she meant the kiss or the hard cock. Thinking about it as I drive away, I conclude it is a double-entendre.

Five minutes to seven, I am walking through the back door of the Johnson household. It is chaotic at best, and everyone is doing something. Well, everyone other than Emma, she's sat at the table looking gorgeous as ever.

Ron sees me first, "ah, Mac, can you do me a favor and check the gas bottle on the barbeque?" So I do a U-turn and make my way to the sun deck. I lifted the gas bottle and checked the gauge, just over half full. That should last, so I go back in and let Ron know. My next task is to get the fire pit going.

No sooner had I washed my hands from that, and it was Kim's turn to get me chopping the salad.

People start to arrive as I stand helping in the kitchen. Ron is in the garden firing up the barbeque, and Emma is greeting her guests as they arrive. The fire pit seems to be a popular area for people to congregate, and it isn't long before Emma comes looking for me. "Hey mac, people are starting to think you're a figment of my imagination." She grabs my hand just as I manage to dry it and pulls me out of the back door.

Then starts the most amusing part of the night; Emma starts walking around introducing me to people that I've known or known of for the last ten years. Ones that have been in my classes before, I reminded them of that. Others that, in truth, this is the first time I have spoken to them. Emma, on her part, never leaves my side and is either holding my hand or having my arm around her. I often find my eyes watching her interact. The way she smiles is constantly hypnotizing, but her mannerisms when she speaks, I am finding more and more spellbinding. Once in a while, one of her girlfriends would ask her about her necklace. She would then delight in the fact it was my birthday gift for her.

One of her friends asks to look at it more closely. "Christ, is it a real tourmaline stone? This stone looks perfect. It must have cost a bit." She spots the eighteen-karat gold markings. "18 Karat gold as well. Very nice, Mac." She gives me a knowing smile. I just shrugged, but Emma caught on straight away.

Emma didn't say anything until she finally got me alone. "Okay, Mac, how carefully do I need to be with this necklace around my neck."

"Depends."

"On what?"

"Depends if you think of the fact it's the first gift I have given you or the monitory value."

Emma hadn't thought of that. "Okay, Mac, sentimentally wise, it's irreplaceable. Just tell me this. Do my parents need to add it to the insurance policy?"

"Ummmm, is it too late to plead the fifth?"

"Oh baby, that amendment doesn't exist when we are telling each other the truth," Emma says in her best southern accent.

"Then it would be wise to mention it."

"But how?"

"How much or how can I afford it?"

"Both, but before you explain, I need to pee." With that, Emma disappears towards the kitchen door.

I am distracted by helping Kim into the kitchen with some empty plates.

I look across at her, looking a little awkward. "Is everything okay, Mac?"

"Emma doesn't know about my financial situation and has just found out her necklace isn't exactly cheap."

"Ah, that could be awkward depending on how she reacts."

"Well, we are going to have 'the talk' tomorrow when she comes over."

"I think it would only be fair to lay everything out in the open before you two......you know......get close."

We walk back out, and Ron hands me a plate with a bit of everything on it. I look towards Emma, who Mia has sidetracked. Kim then leans back in, "what time do you want to start the entertainment." My eyes are still on Emma, who is eyeing her mom and me suspiciously. "Whenever you want, Kim."

I walk over, "Hey, Mia." I then kiss Emma on the cheek.

"Hey Mac, it's so good to see you again. I would say that you haven't changed, but all I recognize is those blue eyes."

I laugh, "you're not the first to say that." I hand Emma the plate of food before returning for mine.

When I turn back, Mia is talking to some other people. I turn to Emma, "want a quick word in the kitchen?"

"Yes, I would please Mac."

We make our way into the kitchen and close the door behind us. "Emma, remember our conversation the other day about my family being rich?" Emma nods as she bites into a chicken leg. "Well, I won't go into details now, Em, but it's the whole family and not just some." Emma turns towards me but doesn't say anything. "I will tell you everything tomorrow. Is that okay?"

"Okay, Mac, but I need to know who Michael and Mac really are. No more secrets."

"Can I just say one thing about that, Em?" Emma nods again. "I thought until the other day that you knew my family history. When I found out you didn't, I needed to ask Paps first on how to tell you."

Emma looks at me. "Mac, I get it. Just be open and honest with me tomorrow."

I smile at her, and she returns it. So I lean forward and give her a tender kiss on the lips. We hear a cheer from the garden, and both turn to see half of the guests watching us. We smile awkwardly, and Emma buries her head into my neck.

"Emma, are you okay with this?"

"I'm okay, Mac; I think we both have a lot to learn about each other."

As Emma enjoys our closeness, I watch Kim walk towards the back door. "Hey, you two, you're supposed to be outside with your friends."

"Mom, we just needed a minute." Emma lifts her head and looks directly at her mother. "I guess you know Mac's family history as well?"

Kim nods, "baby, I've been a family friend longer than you two have known each other."

"And you didn't think to tell me?"

"Oh sweetie, does it make any difference on how you feel about Mac?"

That knocks any argument Emma had from the situation. Emma then looks up into my eyes and smiles, "no, Mom, if anything, now that we are back together, I have only confirmed my feelings are real." Emma reaches up with her lips, and we kiss; Emma gently pushes off my chest and walks back out into the garden.

Kim then turns to me, "Ron will be in soon to help you get ready."

"Okay, Kim, that's great." However, I still had a worried look on my face.

"Oh Mac, if she were that bothered about it, she would have reacted differently."

"I hope your right, Kim." Kim walks back out with other bowls of nibbles. I watch Emma interacting with her friends, and she still seems to be in good spirits because she is laughing and joking.

I'm snapped out of my trance when Ron walks in carrying the implements from the barbeque. "Are you ready to do your thing, Mac?"