Middle of the Road Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Michael hated to say this but he was lonely. He was very alone in the world and he needed this to change or else his psyche and will to leave will be gone forever. There is only so much a person can take with a family such as his.

He heard the door open and someone come inside the room. His knee jerk reaction was to lower his face to the sink.

He noticed the figure walking towards the sink, he turned on the sink and just like Michael splashed some water on his face.

Okay Michael, easy, just like always, let the wall eat you up and go on your merry way.

"How do you like the banquet so far?" asked the man.

Michael's ear piqued in interest. The voice heard was one of the most melodious and beautiful voices he had ever heard.

It was a voice made of soft honey, warm and velvet, like chocolate. Deep and penetrating, it shook Michael to his core. Only eight words were uttered and he was hooked immediately. God damn it! Why is he so stupid to get hooked over a damn voice.

Michael's eyes widened. Those eight words alone made him shudder, his cock stirring in his pants. He began to hyperventilate, his palms sweaty. He didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment. He wanted to stay in this bathroom and be on his woes.

But something about that voice...he sounded like he was genuinely interested in his answer.

"Very well, I liked the food," he said meekly. For once he wished he didn't sound like some fourteen year old with his nasal voice.

"Oh me too! It's very different than what I am used to, it was a little to fancy," he said. The voice has a southern twang to it. That just made Michael enamored with the fantastic voice. Not only was it smooth like caramel, it was deep with a twang that was resorted to charm and southern hospitality.

"Where are you from?" asked Michael. He dared not to look at this man. If his face and physique was as exquisite as his voice, then he'd just faint. Faint from shock that someone this beautiful would ever talk to him.

"I'm from the great state of Alabama, Huntsville to be exact," he said, his deep voice still resonating deep into Michael's psyche.

Michael finally looked at the specimen that dared to have such a beautiful voice. He was not disappointed when he saw the man that had the voice warm velvet. Michael felt the wind knocked out of him, his forehead and palms began to sweat just by seeing this perfect human being.

He was a few inches shorter than Michael, not surprising considering his tall branch like build. He was more built, and Michael noticed that he was jacked! He was wider than Michael, but it was all muscle, he could not see any fat in the guys body.

He was all muscle, Michael could notice very well. His suit was practically tailor made for someone of his calibre, he filled the suit completely. He noticed the strong arms that filled the sleeves of the suit followed by large but well manicured hands.

He imagined what those hands could do on his body, they would probably beat him to a pulp if he ever found out what he was thinking about.

Even though his chest and torso were covered in cotton tailored suit, he noticed a perfect physical form. He imagined his legs wrapped tightly around that powerful waist.

He noticed what looked like a considerably large package encased by his groin area and powerful well built legs. Those legs were just sheer power and strength, Michael was betting that even his feet were well taken care of.

Even through all of that, Michael could not compare the physique of this beautiful creature to the face of this already perfect human being.

He had blonde hair, perfectly coiffed blonde hair like golden rays of sunshine. His skin was an olive complexion free of any blemishes. His mouth had perfect red lips and a wonderful strong refined nose.

He had green eyes like emeralds that made him look powerful yet innocent, they were vibrant and Michael noticed that he was genuinely interested in his answer. His eyes were honest and sincere, something he was not used to in a long time.

Why was this person talking to me? What did he want from me? Was this one of his brothers old tricks? Is this a prank?

He snapped out of that enchanting spell this mystery man pulled him in. The last thing he needed was this man to be weirded out by the staring or worse.

"Alabama? That's a long ways away from Michigan," he finally croaked out, he noticed that his mouth and lips were dry.

The man laughed. The laugh made his spine tingle, Michael had goosebumps all around his body. How could a simple laugh make him have goosebumps?

"It is isn't it," he said, the smooth voice like fine chocolate. "I've heard winters up here are the worst so I need to prepare myself as much as I can."

"Is this your first time up here?," asked Michael.

"Why yes! I've been recruited to be the tight end for the University of Michigan," he said. There was a slight prideful tone in his voice, like his goals and accomplishments were finally coming to fruition.

Michael had a double take. This guy was 18!?!?! First of all, this guy did not look 18, far from it. Second of all, does the great state of Alabama have some type of factory that chugs out super fit and hot ass hell men. Third of all, why did he feel like such a pervert right now, this guy is barely legal and he's practically drooling over him.

"Oh wow! Congratulations," he said meekly. "This must be such a big opportunity for you."

He was so elated for this person, but why was he so elated for this person? He didn't even know him, I mean he didn't even know the guys name!

"My apologies, my momma raised me better than this and she would've whooped me with a hot skillet if I was so rude and unprofessional, my name is Brenton," he said, his hand in the air, waiting for a handshake.

Brenton. The most exquisite and handsome human ever made had a name. Brenton.

His hands were still too clammy to handle a handshake from him. He could not bare being such a wimp in front of this god of a man.

"Hello, I'm Michael," he said. He finally had the nerves to shake Brenton's hand. The grasp was a powerful one, that hand of his would command attention at any moment. It would certainly command his attention.

His whole body was in a state of arousal. How could a simple handshake create all of this euphoria in him? Especially considering someone who was the penultimate creation of human beauty was shaking his hand and paying attention to him.

"Pleasure to meet you Michael," said Brenton, country twang and all. Michael never found the accent of the Dixie variety to be enchanting, but Brenton was breaking all the rules out here.

"Who are you with?" asked Brenton.

"My brother Forrest is here, he received an award," said Michael. That piqued Brenton's interest.

"Your brother is Forrest, the Forrest Baker?!" he asked loudly. The exuberant Brenton's green eyes lit up. He looked even more beautiful when they lit up like fire.

"Yes, he is."

Michael knew what to expect next, this person would blow him off the minute he meets the Great Forrest Baker. Fuck this all the way, he hates this!

"That must be nice, he has been really welcoming to the new recruits, he's a dime a dozen," he said exuberantly.

Michael digressed. He really wanted to tell Brenton that Forrest has made his life a living hell. His passive aggressive nature with his mistreatment with the family. He was a toxic human being to be around with and he felt it was his role to protect this sweet little southern boy.

He decided in the end to play it safe instead. He was going to be neutral in the art of warfare of his brother.

"That's good to hear, he's okay," he said with a a placating tone.

"Do you also go to the University of Michigan?" he asked. Here we go.

"No...I go to a community college back home...but I am planning to transfer," he said.

Brenton's sea-green eyes were still lit, deep in conversation in these bathroom. He should be out celebrating with all the gentleman in the hall, but he was preoccupied with this conversation in a bathroom of all places.

"That's nice to hear I'll tell ya, any plans to transfer here," he added.

That interesting tidbit was interesting to Michael. He's never been told or asked if he was worthy or valued enough to go to a school as big and prestigious as Michigan. This was a step in a right direction for Michael's self esteem.

"I don't know to be honest, this place is scary for a person like me who'd rather be somewhere small," he said. "Plus, my grades so far have been nothing short of average."

"Ah don't settle yourself short like that, anything can be possible," he said. Brenton made Michael so reassured about life and he barely even knew him. In fact, Michael was a little perturbed on how he was having some pep talk by this 18 year old in a bathroom of all places.

"Thanks guy, I appreciate it, but let's not get carried away, I know my worth," said Michael.

"Don't cut yourself short, just saying it's all," said Brenton.

There was a deafening silence, Michael stared into the sea green eyes of this handsome man, Brenton stared back. Michael noticed a slight crook on the right side of the bridge of Brenton's nose. Even this imperfection made this man perfect.

Brenton noticed the scattering of freckles all over Michael, somehow the freckles illuminated his red hair even more. He noticed the bags under his eyes. He looked deposed, like Michael was just carrying on with life...he looked sad.

For some reason, he wanted to hold this sad sack of freckles and bones tight. Brenton was sure that Michael would love that.

"I should get going," he said in a hushed tone.

Michael nodded in agreement as Brenton gestured towards the door. He began to walk earnestly over to the door before he abruptly stopped.

"I hope to see you soon, you are a great person to talk to, Michael," said Brenton, before leaving through the door.

"Michael," said Michael to himself.

He made a mental note on how Brenton treated him. He wasn't used to being treated like an equal of sorts, he was background fodder after all.

Not only did this man look completely beautiful, he had charm and actually took the time to talk to him, he made him feel like an actual person, and completely listened to him.

Not only that, but he also encouraged him, gave him an opinion that was about him. All his life, he heard and was asked about the opinions of his siblings, never about his own that made him feel happy inside.

He felt ecstatic at this admirable man's sudden thought of him. This gorgeous creature actually hopes to see me soon! He thought to himself with glee.

Then a sudden sullen feeling arose out of nowhere. Fat chance he thought to himself, he is a soon to be college football player on a Big Ten school, it is his job to be admirable to the plebs. He's just being courteous, he has probably forgotten about you the second he walked out the door.

He hated that sulken feeling that he had crushing his emotions and self confidence to pieces. This time it was very different, he was sure of it.

Michael couldn't put his finger on it, but he knew that Brenton was different and legit felt a friendship forming from him. Maybe it was his southern ways but he was different and was sure of it.

He knew that dwelling on this would hurt his psyche and give him more anxiety than he needed in the moment.

Michael went back into the banquet hall and scurried over to his table. People as usual did not notice him and bumped and pushed past him along the way.

His family honestly had forgotten he had left the table. Gracelynn was talking animatedly to Maureen and Frank, a slight glint of pride on Frank's eyes no less.

Forrest's seat was empty, he was probably getting to meet the new recruits. Michael glanced over to the tables, hoping to see another glance of Brenton.

As usual, all the tables were filled by players and their respective families. Most of them lacked tact to be quite honest. Many were cocky in their families just ate it all up. No doubt, since they were the meal ticket that would hopefully make them rich. No longer having to work ever again if they strike it big in the NFL or whatever other ventures they have.

His eyes finally zoned in on Brenton. Oh glorious Brenton.

Michael did not know why he was so hung up on Brenton. He felt like some love sick puppy, looking for this man that gave him full attention and had a conversation that made him feel valued.

He scanned around the banquet before laying eyes on the object of his sudden affection. He was on the other side of the banquet in the first tables. He looked charming enough just by sitting there in all his glory.

Michael thought that it was a little unfair how a man could look so perfect just by sitting there all jovial while the plebs like Michael had to make an effort to even stand out amongst the crowd. He would be mad at him if it wasn't for the fact that he was becoming positively infatuated with this man.

He looked charming in all his golden haired beauty and tanned beauty. He was surprised by how well mannered he was being compared to all the other cocky players roaming around. He was not joining in the festivities and being an absolute nuisance with how he handled himself, like is if they ran the place.

Michael noticed that the people around him were not as well suited or fancy like Brenton. He saw an older couple sitting next to him in the other two seats. They looked to be in either their late 50s or early 60s if Michael had to guess.

Their choice of attire was not the most extravagant either. Instead of wearing the usual tuxedo or evening dress, the older couple had a button down shirt with a loose fitting black dress pants. The older woman looked rather dumpy too, she was not as extravagant as his mother or sister.

Their faces looked a little haggard and gaunt. They certainly were not of high stature like most families and influential donors here since they looked so demure. Their wardrobe certainly said that.

Even through a sudden assumption of Brenton's background, Michael found it even more attractive. Not only was he charming, he was pretty humble. And Michael just found that even more attractive.

Brenton looked focused, his right brow lowered, giving him a quizzical look to him that made him so wonderful. He was obviously raised right if his mamma had anything to do with it.

He gestured over to the older man in sitting next to him and started to talk to him. Michael was no lip reader but he could see the proud twinkle in Brenton's sea green eyes. This man had great respect for the older couple that's for sure.

The older couple had beaming looks to them, their worn faces were lighting up with pride and joy while acknowledging Brenton.

This should have made him insanely jealous. Not only was he the most exquisite person he has ever laid his eyes on, he has parents that were insanely proud of him and held him to a high regard.

But it did not make him jealous, it actually made his infatuation grow. Michael liked those do gooder, wholesome boy scout type of guys, they seemed sane and level headed that he would be able to withstand.

Brenton was checking all the right boxes in terms of likeability and personality. He has an antebellum southern charm, charisma, and also an affection to respect, he was the complete package there.

There are some complications overall to this. Most of it has to do with his appearance. Daniel knows his worth and he considers himself an average person that would find another average guy and have an average guy forever. He felt a little intimidated due to the fact that not only was Brenton charming, he was also an enthralling beauty.

The type of enchanting allure that makes you catch your breath, make your palms completely sweaty, make your heart thump faster and completely stare at him and daring not to blink as you want to bask completely in the presence of him. Yes, that kind of beauty.

That wasn't even the worst complication that there is. Michael was positively sure that Brenton was completely straight. There would be no doubt about it.

This perfect man was a perfect man through and through. He would be the perfect football player, have a perfect time at college, be a perfect football player and marry the perfect wife.

No way would any type of romantic or carnal relationship with Michael ever exist in his perfect world. Michael should just count his graces that Brenton even talked to him, at a bathroom of all places.

Just then, he noticed his leggy and gorgeous sister Gracelynn walk in a perfect path towards the table that Brenton was in. His eyes followed her, almost like a panther catching her prey. The prey in this case would be sweet, charming and lovable Brenton.

Brenton was too good for this horrible excuse of a human being. She will undoubtedly break his heart the minute she is completely done with him like all the other ones.

She was able to get Brenton's attention impeccably fast and noticed that Brenton smiled to a perfect, toothy grin. Michael noticed that he had a dimple in his left cheek, that just made him even more perfect. Damn.

Gracelynn now had Brenton's utmost attention and they both began talking earnestly. Brenton shook Gracelynn's hand. They both began chatting away in deep conversation.

Michael couldn't understand why he was feeling so crushed at this turn of events. He knew that the chances of Brenton having some sort of feelings for him were galaxies away but it stung to know that it just had to be his horrible excuse of a sister to catch Brenton's attention.

His teeth began to grind together and nostrils flared up. He was getting jealous and he could not hide it. Life had a way to make sure that he was nothing more than a nobody in this world thanks to repeated efforts that his life and circumstances beyond his control created.

Michael knew he should stop staring at them enjoying themselves in deep conversation and banter but he couldn't control his emotions and psyche enough to look away completely.

That was...until the sea green eyes that belonged to Brenton stared right back at him. The sea green eyes that fully started this infatuation that Michael knew would not be stopping any time soon.

12