Midnight Ep. 024: reCOIL

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You tell the Sheriff to lock her up with Bigelow. That's a scared straight moment."

"I like how you think." She giggled. "I'll suggest that. Let us know if there's anything else you need. My mom Stacy will be here at 3:00 to replace me but I'll fill her in on you."

"Thanks Hannah! See you around. Oh, and call me Nick."

"Will do Nick."

"Damn straight you will." Nick hung up leaving her speechless. She made that extra effort call out Sheriff Dolan Roster. Working from the outside helping lift bricks into mortar alongside Clinton Biles, his troublesome daughter Alexis mixed more concrete. Hannah told the Sheriff of Nick's call. The suggestion went over well too.

"Snake bites aren't good. Hope Crimson makes it. I'll keep that scared straight idea in mind. Thanks for the heads up, Hannah Marie." Dolan ended his call as a familiar vehicle pulled up wide of their work area. Pausing to wipe his sweat with a hanky Dolan stepped over to the Buick Skylark and winced. "Why are you here Amador?"

Esteban Amador opened his car door and stepped out sharing gloves with the Sheriff. "I felt I owed ye some help in fixing that wall. Please allow me to help make amends."

"Shouldn't you be at work?"

"I go back tomorrow. Did ye forget ye called about my fire and they gave me a few days off?"

"Guess I did. What's gotten into you Este?"

"Guilt perhaps. Shantel should not have done that to the wall. Is she...?"

"Still here! I have a Bolo out with the State to find Shantel's daughter. I'll leave it up to her kid to decide Shantel's fate. I can't just let her go after this Esteban."

"Understood Sheriff. Your daughter?" The Spaniard nodded toward Alexis with a strange respect, averting his eyes from her flashing him her tits. Not that he didn't want to look, he did. Even Biles looked and masked his grin. The girl was shameless.

"That's right."

"How... is my daughter?" He changed the subject while eying the progress of the wall. "Irene as well?"

"Both doing fine from what I hear. I'll let you help Clinton there put the wall up. I need to go check on Crimson Merrick."

"Merrick ye say?"

"Yeah! She was bitten by a pair of coral snakes out at Harbinger Shoals. Her dad is taking her to Cordoba General. Seems like I live there these days. Figure I better go make peace in case ole' Nodin is bent out of shape." A whistle at his daughter Alexis the girl came hopping toward them like a ten-year-old playing hopscotch. "You're going with me to Cordoba."

"Why? I want to stay and help Big Bear." Clinton shook his head at her sudden affection toward him.

"Deputy Biles has help all the help he needs. Esteban here's going to take over for you."

"Deputy ye say?" Este seemed shocked, "Weren't he a prisoner just yesterday?"

"Good behavior does that. And no, you're not getting any badge."

"Stop by Irene's for me? Give her me love."

"Now that I'm willing to do. Thank you for offering to help Esteban. I will ask you to refrain from talking to Shantel. She's actually been quiet the last hour. Officer Koones will be back to help you two after lunch. Had to take his momma some KFC. Where did you camp out last night?"

"In my car out on me property. I had to see my loss and decide my future. No money for anywhere else so I'll just live where I still call home. Sleep in my car, cook hot dogs over the burn barrel."

"Might do you good to understand loss Este. I'll donate a big office type water jug and three hot meals for you helping out here. Jug big enough you can wash up with and still have drinking water."

"Bless ye Sheriff Roster. I... want to be a better man. Get me Irene back someday."

"AA might be a good start. Just follow the rules of that restraining order and give Irene breathing room. If you're serious and shape up, I'll go to bat for you."

"Much appreciated. I'll consider the AA."

"All I wanted to hear. Let's ride Princess."

"Okay!" She turns and darts over to Clinton and jumps on his back. "I like this ride better Daddy." Clinton laughed and drug her off his back by her crop top, titties flopping out until she stood on her own. Dolan grabbing her by the arm tossed her over his shoulder and walked away. In leaving she blew Clinton kisses. The gentle giant simply waved goodbye and good riddance. Now his boner could go done without having to look in at Shantel to achieve sanity.

"Where do ye want me to start?" Esteban opened up to Clinton.

"With a shower." Biles thought. The guy reeked. "Take the trowel and that mortar tray and just smooth on an inch of foundation, I'll lay the bricks. Don't fall off the ladder."

Or the wagon. Sober... Day 1!

********

Officer Herb DeWhitt called ahead in transit for Cordoba General Hospital to be ready with snakebite anti-venom. Zipping through the town with Nodin Merrick behind them they reached Cordoba General and found a gurney ready for her at the ER entrance. In shock and lips blue Nodin swooped his daughter from the backseat of his car and lay her on the rollaway stretcher. IV installed before even proceeding to the ER itself. Dr. Airika Ferrec in attendance checked Crimson's vitals and immediately injected her with the antitoxin. Wheeled into the safety of a private ICU room for observation Airika stayed by the girl's side. Stitching up the lacerations at Nick and Nodin's pocketknives then bandaging her wounds it was just a matter of keeping her alive. It being a lengthy drive it was going to be touch and go.

"Hang in there, Sweetie." Ferrec caressed Crimson's cheek. The Santee beauty reacted to her touch which was a good sign. "What is it this week with all of the naked women in here?" She pondered holding Crimson's hand for strength to fight. The hope was for no organ failure. Her vitals low but steady was really all Ferrec could go by at the moment. Her father Nodin allowed in, filled Airika in on the situation. Shocked at hearing the name Nick Sanchez the doctor froze. "Nick... saved her?"

"You know Mister Sanchez?"

"I do. He's been here the last two days for Irene Amador."

"Ah! Yes! That fire was unfortunate. It is good that Irene survived."

"Not if it hadn't been for Nick charging into the fire when no one else would. I've heard the story. He's... pretty amazing." Hearing so much praise over this man Nodin Merrick grew withdrawn. He considered Nick the enemy but in saving Crimson... his judgment was being recalculated. If anything, a hint of jealousy overcame him. Nodin liked to be the one people looked up to. Leaning over his daughter's forehead he kissed it and told her to stay with him or he would sever her allowance. Airika smiled at his loving behavior. Airika liked older men. Nodin was 58 but chiseled. She knew she had other patients but opted to remain. Just in case! For Nick as much as Crimson and her stud of a father. The good doctor had a final say on Nick before focusing on her job.

"You're the man Kami."

My man she hoped.

********

Before Cordoba was reached...

Coastal Waiter's Diner along the Atlantic coastline of Caretaker... middle of nowhere... but a nice oasis.

"So, how's Midnight?"

Secondary Chef two days a week Rupert Dolly searched for answers after Caprice Comstock haggled with him over a cigarette, she out with nowhere close to buy a pack. Sighing she smirks, "Who does nobody ever ask me how I'm doing? It's always Midnight."

"That was my next one. Are you reading my mind Gypsy?"

"Gypsy?"

"You did just jip me out of a Virginia Slim." Swagger was Rupert's gift, being a Drag Queen on the weekends. All this blonde bombshell wanted right now was to take a drag of that cigarette. Battling the breeze off the Atlantic CC lit her cancer stick and inhaled before reply. It had been a pretty busy day here at the diner. The locals loved the food and generally the service. Mostly the good-looking waitresses.

"She's fine. Her mother is in a private room, so I presume she's doing okay now. Nick has them giving her the best care possible."

"Nick? The handsome Jack in black? Dreyfus filled me in since I've been gone the past week. So, what's this guy about?"

"About ten inches." She chuckled pondering last night's DP alongside Sheriff Dolan Roster. Nick was incredible in bed. What bothered her though as her expression changed was that Nick made poor Midnight eat her out. That was the girl's first experience and it saddened her that it was forced.

"That smile faded fast. You've been shagging the mystery man?"

"He shags me. I really don't think I'm offering it these days. It's more grab and take."

"Mmmm! Send him my way."

"I highly doubt he's into men. Even guys that don't consider themselves one RuPaul." No offense taken on his/her part he was honored to be referred to by his idol. "Nick's... different. He's very dominating but he has a heart hidden away. He just doesn't show it much toward me or Midnight."

"So, he's dating both of you?"

"Not dating. Just fucking the shit out of me."

"Midnight too?"

"Not yet. Listen Dolly Parton I really shouldn't be talking about what he does concerning we bitches. He's doing a lot of good elsewhere by hiring some of the Rez to help him clean up and update Harbinger Shoals. He charged into a blazing fire to rescue Irene Amador when the firefighters wouldn't. That says a lot about his character. He's even looking after me because of my ex-Oliver Heavy Feather. Ollie's been on a warpath after finding out I've been sleeping around with Nick and Dol..." She paused not wanting to implicate Dolan Roster in any scandal.

"Come on Tart... I saw Dolan Roster drop you off this morning. Secrets safe with me."

"Fine! Yes, I'm seeing Dolan. Nick just... takes care of me in more ways than one. He likes Midnight in some twisted fashion and she's totally into him. That poor girl has never had a man in her entire life, and she chooses Mister BDSM? I'm just afraid she's going to get hurt. Nick is not the settling down type."

"But he's settling down at that creepy Harbinger Shoals? I call it Mockingbird Lane like in the Munsters."

"I haven't been out there in a while. I... hear sirens." She reacted to wails from the main road coming in from the distance. Together they moved to the side of the diner to observe a Caretaker squad car speeding by at top speed, followed by a Crown Victoria keeping pace.

"That was Herbie, I think. My lovebug!" Rupert chuckled. "Sick him Baby."

"Herb was in the lead though. The other car looked like Nodin Merrick's. Obviously, Nodin's not running from the law like that? No way would Caretaker arrest him even if he were being chased. It must be an escort." She would learn the reason shortly. Once the sirens faded away, they polished off their smokes and headed back inside. Fellow waitresses Naomi and Lynette standing at the front window with the diner's owner Olan were wondering much the same. Thing is Olan had a scanner in his office, so he knew the reason before anyone.

"What's going on?" CC reached the cluster.

"Snakes bit Crimson Merrick. Herb DeWhitt's escorting them to Cordoba." Olan offered info.

"They must have been out at Harbinger Shoal's with Nick. He hired a bunch of Rez workers to help him clear the property. Nodin and Crimson must have gone out to see what the tribe was getting into. It's probably the history of the place as much as the white man paying the wages. Nodin probably wanted to meet the only man around with more money than he has. At least I presume so. When you shell out two million on a property it raises eyebrows."

"I hope poor Midnight doesn't get herself bit." Naomi fret, "Her momma in the hospital now, that's all that family needs."

"Speaking of family." Lynette pointed, "There goes Esteban." On his way to Caretaker PD to offer his help. "He's actually driving the speed limit. What's up with that?"

"In a straight line even." Naomi added.

"Who knows? Who cares?" Caprice stepped away to attend to refills at her tables then hooked up with Naomi at the counter. "I'm not staying at Nick's beach house now. I felt... uneasy there." There was no need to let Naomi know that Midnight gnawed on her clit.

"Going back to your trailer?"

"Not ready for that either. I can't be defenseless because of Oliver. He knows about Nick... and Dolan."

"Dolan? I suspected." She ribbed Caprice with an elbow. "Thelma always knows Louise."

"Right on!"

"So, you going to stay at the Roster's?"

"Oh, hell no! I'd strangle Alexis. No, Dolan wants me to stay at the Dive Inn under the protection of a new deputy. Clinton something or other! Billings... no wait, Biles, I think it was."

"Huh! Wonder if he's related to Normie Biles over in Clueless?" Clueless the short version for a town the size of Caretaker which was really called Cluechester.

"No idea! How do you know this, Normie?"

"Dated my cousin Lucy a spell. They met at one of those dating meets and greets at church. Nice guy. Big boy even! Reminds me of that old actor Kris Kristofferson." She looked up as if staring at a giant. "You should ask this Clint if they're kin."

"If I stay at the Inn I will. I'm kind of spooked not knowing the guy and sharing such a small space with him."

"You hooked up with Nick Sanchez in the blink of an eyelash. It's not like you got to sleep with this Clint. Surely even you can keep your legs closed for a few days."

"I don't know, they have a mind of their own." CC chuckled. "I don't have anywhere else to go right now so I'll probably do that. Need to warn Olan, I'll be leaving my car here so Oliver and his boys can't find my ride at the hotel. Dolan can pick me up and drop me off to work."

"Not a bad idea. I can give you a ride now and then too."

"Thanks Thelma. Let's brighten things up... you ready to be Mrs. Dalton Culpepper? Only a month more before the wedding. I... oh crap!"

"What?"

"All of us waitresses are your bridesmaids. How are you going to get away with Midnight... Nick's not going to let her wear clothes."

"OH CRAP! I never thought about that. Extra bouquets?"

"There goes the flower girl."

Second that motion!

********

Harbinger Shoals... dust settled, men back to work.

"Bridge is sturdy." Niles checked in with Nick who was behind the barn clearing the weeds where Crimson had fallen into a drop off by the barn's backside. "Any more snakes?" A nod to his right Niles jumped at a pile of headless coral snakes. Eight more discovered and weed whacked. "Damn Buddy! You on a mission?"

"Need to make this place safer. I'll look into some sonic repellents. Keep the mice away too."

"Joey told me a raccoon saved him with a falling shingle." He laughed.

"I knew I had a raccoon around. Now he I don't mind staying as long as he's helpful. Trouble is those sonics will probably scare him off. Who knows how Steeltoe will react."

"Lillian Dawn called him Hamburgler."

"She told me she had a pet raccoon named that as a kid."

"Right! So, what's this I hear from her that you want to bring in her daddy Samuel Bearpaw to help with the remodeling? Think I can't handle it? I mean hell your back decks over half done already. Just need to build the front and keep those big ole' columns intact so your balcony doesn't collapse. Those are pretty sturdy."

"Just being nice to her. I figured I'd give her dad some business too. I'm going to want a dock built out on the cove for my boat. Need to clear spots for a helipad on that island too. Big plans Gullivant."

"Helipad? You own a chopper?"

"Plane too. It's not a seaplane though. I might invest in one later."

"Bet you own a Sherman Tank too, don't you?"

"On my Christmas list."

"I don't doubt it. I'll leave you to your pest control. Oh hey! That was a really good thing you did for Crimson Merrick. Nodin won't forget that good deed. And trust you me, that's going to be in your favor. He's as much of a snake as... these... only he still has a head on his shoulders."

"Not worried about Nodin Merrick."

"Were you really bit by black mambas?"

"Twice! Both times my buddy Marcus Jericho saved my life. Fast thinker Marcus. It's his beach house I'm staying at. He was in Guam when I got here but I don't know where by now. He's in high demand."

"Soldier?"

"Close enough."

"Merc?"

"Grey area! Leave it at that Gullivant."

"Gotcha! Sorry for prying." He knew it was more black than grey.

"Feed Steeltoe."

"Say what?" Nick nods at the pile of dead serpents. "You're kidding me." He too was fearful of snakes. Sighing he turned and yelled out. "WILL? GET OVER HERE!" Nick grinned at the parent putting things off on his son. Reaching them it became a father/son adventure. Both Gullivant's grimaced at picking up carcasses and carrying them across the mass of freshly cut grass. At least now they could see where they were walking. Over a hundred fifty garbage bags of tall grass was hauled out to the main road to be hauled away. A garbage truck hired to pick those up later. Reaching the bridge to find a number of workers taking smoke breaks they eased away from seeing snakes, headless ones or not.

Leaning over the rail Niles looked for Steeltoe and found him in the grass along the bank of the ravine. The gator staring right at them lifted its head as if recognizing dinner. He was getting spoiled. "Snack time Guard Doggy!" Niles hurled one coral out as close as he could get to Steeltoe. An immediate reaction the gator slithered into the water to capture it before the current swept it away. Devouring it in a single gulp the gator moved closer until it was right beneath Niles. One by one the Gullivant's fed him. The workers chuckled at feeding the beast. Once they had unloaded their burden Niles eyed his employees. "Let's get busy fellas! Don't make me set the dog there nipping your heels." Back to work!

Still mowing along the furthest perimeter of trees Lukas Porcupine paused beside Dawn Bearpaw using a weed eater of her own around the tree trunks. With the mower engine shut off behind her Dawn peered over her shoulder. "Stop checking out my ass Lukas."

"I'm not... this time." Lukas was looking up into the tree for a number of reasons. She winced at him and turned to follow his gaze. To their surprise there was that pesky raccoon.

"Hamburlgar!" She giggled with fond memories. "I know you're not my Hamburglar, but you could be his reincarnation... so I'll still call you Hamburglar."

"Lillian?" Lukas pointed at a hidden branch in the willow tree, dangling from it was a well-worn noose.

"Yikes! This must be an old hanging tree from the Civil War." Looking to her right Dawn noticed Nick moving from the back of the barn to the left side. Although partially shrouded in tall weeds she called out. "NICK!" As he searched for her finding Dawn waving him her way, he cut a quick path through and began walking their way. "Something to note." She pointed skyward as he grew closer.

"Hangman's noose."

"Slavery time period I'd guess. Looks old."

"Probably so."

While they pondered on it they found some boys running their way. Nick looking to the new entrants asked Dawn, "Newton have the Sage boys on his recruiter list?"

"Hey Mister Sanchez!" Young Oswald Sage spoke first. "We heard you needed more help, so we had dad drive us out. Community service taken off?"

"I can put in a good word."

"Thanks!" Brother Roland gave him a thumbs up. Curtis however remained quiet but certainly looked Dawn Bearpaw over. It wasn't until she flipped him off that he stopped. Lukas next to him sitting on the mower chuckled.

"I can't look either." Curtis scowled at Lukas in his usual smug persona. He out of all the boys was most like his father Mordecai. Speaking of the Devil who would be a Pastor.

"Sanchez."

"Mordecai. Here to..."

"I am not!" Morde beat him to the slit my tires again insinuation. Guilty but trying to deny! "My son's wish to be of service."