Midsummer-Night's Dreaming Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Morning light edged the curtains when she opened her eyes. Fae raised her head to look at the clock and noticed an arm draped across her waist. In a rush it all came back to her. Not only had she fucked Logan last evening, he had stayed the night. Well, this is awkward, she thought. Not only had she not gotten Logan to talk through the meaning of their first encounter, now she had made the situation worse by doing it again. How stupid could she be?

She tried to slip out of bed, but her movements roused Logan. He reached out to gather her close. For a moment she wanted to give in to the warmth and security his arms offered, but she knew it would be foolish. In the afterglow of last night, it would feel good, but in reality the deeper she let herself get involved, the worse it would hurt later. She could not allow Logan to break her heart.

Instead of yielding to temptation, she poked him in the ribs. "Hey, lazy. It's time to get to the lab."

He looked at her dully, then she saw him glance at the clock. "So," he mumbled sleepily, "you want to work today?"

"Yeah, it's Friday," she said. "You've got to get your slides ready for your presentation next week, and I've got six more spectra to process." She started to get up, but realized she was naked. So was Logan. Fae had always been very shy about exposing her body. "Turn your head," she said.

Logan lay there and smiled. "After last night, you don't want me to see you naked?"

"Last night it was dark and you didn't 'see' me." She made shooing motions with her hand. "Turn away so I can get my robe."

Fortunately Logan had an early seminar scheduled with some grad students. Fae was uncomfortable anyway, and if Logan had not had to leave, she would have felt obligated to offer to fix breakfast for him. That would have implied a level of intimacy that would lead to disaster. She could barely hide her feelings for Logan as it was. With her misshapen face, she knew he could never lover her, but now he held her heart in his socially clumsy hands. Fae knew she had to protect herself. Once he was out the door, she put her plan in motion.

#

The next week, while Logan was at the Paris conference on exoplanet atmospheres, Fae got busy. The attraction she felt for Logan scared her to death, and she knew she had to get away before he broke her heart. After lunch on Monday, she called Mattsen in Hawaii. Dr. Richard Mattsen headed the exoplanet research team at the University of Hawaii, and she had met him at a conference they both had attended at La Palma in the Canary Islands last year. At the conference, had as much as offered her a position with his research team, and now she had to see if he was still willing to let her work on his project. Mattsen not only remembered her, he was even more eager to have her go to work for him in Hawaii. The rest of the week, she worked hard on the computer. She wanted to get as much of the data analyzed as possible for the journal article they were writing, and she dug into the work first thing on Monday morning. With luck she thought she would finish before Logan got back.

That week went by in a frantic blur of work for Fae. Fortunately, the data came together well for the paper they were writing. She sent daily progress updates to Logan, and he responded enthusiastically even suggesting some additional analysis to include the metallicity of the primary stars in the analysis.

The professional exchanges she could handle, but his personal emails and messages tore at her heart. He talked only briefly about the conference, but he wrote at length about what he saw and did in Paris. Logan had never written her about his personal experiences before. It was almost as if he was trying to share being in Paris with her. In one message he said plainly, "I wish you were here to see this with me." She almost cried. She wanted to be there with him in the City of Lights, to walk hand in hand along the Seine, too...

But he would be home soon. After a week in Paris around all the pretty European girls, Logan would take one look at little smash-face Fae and go laughingly back to the other girls. He would not be intentionally cruel, she knew him too well. Nonetheless, Fae's heart would be crushed just as flat. She was carefully neutral in her replies, and she dodged his requests for a video link.

She had been mentally preparing for a showdown with Logan at the lab on Monday morning so she was completely unprepared when he knocked on her door late Saturday afternoon. "Fae!" he called. "Open up. I've got a side show of Paris I put together on the fight home this morning. I want to show it to you."

Logan was still excited from the trip and the conference, and he carried her right along with him. She enjoyed seeing his pictures of Paris, but well into the show he popped up a picture of Zeke Barnstable, and the conversation took a bad turn. "Hey, Barnstable was there, and I showed him some of our preliminary work, and he wants to come out for our observing run in May. He and Kim Suyat want to check out the..." His enthusiasm trailed off when he noticed Fae was shaking her head, no. "What? What do you mean, no?" he asked.

This was the moment Fae dreaded, but she he to do it. For her own peace of mind, she had to say it. "Logan, I won't be there in May."

"What? Why not? Did something come up?"

She took a deep breath and said, "Logan, I'm going out to Hawaii to join Mattsen's team in two weeks. You will have to get someone else to run the data." There. She had said it. She hated herself as she watched Logan's face fall as he absorbed the news.

Logan sat there and looked at her silently for a while. Finally he shook his head, no, and said. "No, Fae. You can't do that. I won't let you," he said firmly.

Of all the reactions she had considered, she had not expected this. He refused to let her go? What right did he have to determine what she did. Angry now, Fae stood up. "What do you mean you won't let me?" She was not shouting, but she had raised her voice. As she said it, a wave of indignation enveloped her. Of all the self-centered, controlling male attitudes... "You have no right to tell me what to do!" This time she was shouting, and hearing the words made her just all the more angry. She started a swing to slap him, but Logan caught her arm. He caught her other arm when she tried to slap him with her other hand.

He stood up still holding her forearms. "Will you shut up a minute and listen!" he growled. Standing, he loomed over her. She tried to shake free of his grip, but he was too strong. "Geez," he muttered, "when you get like this, you remind me of your mother." Before she could respond to that remark, Logan gripped her arms more tightly and pulled her closer. "You've got to let me say this, because I've been working up the courage for a whole week now. Are you ready to listen?"

Although her face was still flushed with the heat of anger, she relaxed as little. "Okay," she finally said quietly. Let him make his little speech, then out he goes, she thought to herself.

Logan took a deep breath and looked at her intently. "Fae, I didn't mean you can't go to Hawaii. You can go anywhere you want. The only thing is, I have to come with you." He looked away. "Aw, I'm not saying it right." Looking back into her eyes he said, "All week in Paris, I missed you. I wanted you to be there with me so we could see things together. I finally figured it out. I'm such a dummy." He smiled. "It took me way too long, but now I'm certain." He paused and Fae saw tears in his eyes. "Fae, I love you."

The words hung in the air, but Fae did not understand. "What?" she finally gasped.

"I love you, Fae." Logan sounded more confident this time. Fae recognized the words, but they were the last thing she had expected to hear. He pulled her gently towards him and said, "I just want to be with you, Fae. I love you."

Logan leaned closer, and Fae automatically tipped her head up to meet his lips. He hesitated just a moment then leaned forward closing the last half-inch between them, Instead of the soft pressure of his lips, a fiery flash of pain swept across her face, but in an instant it was gone as if it had never been. Logan was kissing her, and she groaned in welcome. He dropped her arms and drew her close. She wrapped her arms around his neck, and they kissed for a long time totally oblivious to the world around them.

Finally they broke apart. Fae wiped the tears from her eyes and let Logan guide her to the couch. She sat down and Logan knelt in front of her. He fished in his pocket and took her hand. "Like I said, I finally figured it out. I would have done this on top of the Eiffel Tower if you had been there with me, but I had to bring this back to you." He held out a ring to her. "Fae, would you marry me?" His hand trembled a little. "Please?"

Completely speechless, Fae sat there with her mouth open. The ring was right in front of her. She reached out to touch it. As she took it in her hands, tears flooded from her eyes. She managed to choke out, "Oh, Logan..." but could get no farther. She blinked and wiped at her eyes with the back of one hand while she tried to see the ring in her other.

She had no idea how long she stared at the ring before Logan said, "Fae?" He waited a moment, then said, "Please say you will marry me."

Logan's eyes had tears in them as well. She looked down at the ring then back at Logan. As lightning fast as she was with theoretical calculations, her mind might as well have been made of frozen jello. Marry? Marry Logan? She had never... Suddenly, she knew the right answer. "Yes!" she laughed nervously. "Yes, I'll marry you Logan."

He whooped with joy, and she threw her arms around him. They hugged and laughed for minutes. Finally he drew back and took her hand with the ring. He took the ring and pushed it onto the ring finger of her left hand. Fae looked at it still finding it hard to believe what she saw. Married? She was going to get married? Logan wanted to marry her?

They laughed and talked and giggled together for a long time. Finally Logan's stomach growled, and Fae realized it was way past supper time. "Are you hungry?" she asked.

Logan laughed. "Who can deny what the stomach has announced." He looked at his watch. "Whew. I'm still on Paris time, and it's way after midnight for me. I'm surprised my eyes are still open."

"How about a pizza?" she offered. "I've got a frozen one we could nuke. That would be quick."

Logan rubbed his eyes and yawned. "Yeah, sounds good. Let's do it."

Fifteen minutes later they were eating pizza at the table in the kitchen. Fae had opened a bottle of wine because... Well, because she felt like celebrating.

They ate quickly, and Fae just dumped the dishes in the sink when they were done. Suddenly shy and very much aware of the ring on her finger, she turned to Logan. "Now what?" she asked. "Do you... Do you want to stay?"

Logan started to reply but as he opened his mouth, he yawned cavernously. "Sure. Yeah." He yawned again then chuckled. "Yeah, that would be great, but I'm just about out on my feet here. You wouldn't mind if, you know, I just kind of slept, would you?"

She laughed. Her own emotional turmoil had left her feeling strained and tired. Even though it was not late, the thought of going to bed early sounded wonderful. She let Logan use the bathroom first, and by the time she had gotten herself ready and into her pajamas, Logan was sound asleep on the bed. She pushed aside his arm which was sprawled across her pillow and climbed in beside him.

#

She woke up with Logan stroking her hair and nuzzling her neck. The bedside clock was out of sight, and she reached out to find it. The digital numbers said, "5:18." She put the clock back and leaned back against him. "Logan," she groaned, "it's still early."

"Sorry," he murmured against her shoulder. "It's the time change thing." He gave a soft laugh. "That and waking up beside you."

Fae let her sandy eyes slide closed again. "Look," she mumbled, "if you're wake, why don't you know... Go shower and whatever. Give me 'till 6:00."

"Sure," he said. "I can do that." The the mattress jumped and wiggled as he got up and out of bed. She heard the water start in the shower but nothing after that.

Later, she hoped it was at least 6:00, she woke to find Logan leaning over the bed kissing her. Now at least she felt like she could keep her eyes open. She sat up and motioned for him to crawl in bed. "I'll be right back. Just give me a second." She got out of bed and tottered out of the room. In the bathroom there was enough illumination from the window to navigate, and she did not bother turning on the light. After she had brushed her teeth and touched up a bit, she went back to the bedroom. Logan lay there on the bed looking at her in anticipation. Fae suddenly felt shy, and she slipped quickly back into bed pulling the sheet over them both.

Logan was wide awake and not shy at all about taking her in his arms. They kissed slowly and easily for the longest time. Finally he whispered in her ear. "This is just what I dreamed about last week in Paris," She stroked his back then ran her fingers up through his hair.

They shifted around a little, and now Fae was on her back with Logan up on one elbow looking down at her. He smiled and traced his finger down her nose, over her lips, and over the end of her chin. He did not stop there but went down the line of her neck to the top button of her nightshirt. He popped the button easily and traced his finger down her sternum to the next button. He popped that one as well.

Fae felt a little flutter of nervousness. Although they had been together twice before, those two couplings had been spontaneous, passion-fueled extravaganzas. This time, however, they were slowly and deliberately going to make love. She laughed a little and lay savoring the word. Love! They were going to make love!

Looking puzzled, Logan said, "What?"

She laughed again and leaned up to kiss him. "Just me being silly." She undid the other two buttons on her pajama tops and tossed the garment off the bed. She lay back and pulled his head to her breasts. He started kissing them, and that was just fine with her. Each kiss was a feathery little rosebud of sensation. She felt like she was being worshiped as he kissed on, around, and under her breasts. Eventually he reached her nipples, and Fae realized she had been holding her breath. Sigh sighed a long contented sigh as he suckled at her breasts.

"Like that, huh?" he asked unnecessarily and went back to kissing her chest. Now he started to use his tongue gently on her breasts, and soon he worked his way up licking her nipples to taught, glory. Fae knew her breasts were not large, but Logan seemed to find more than enough to keep him busy. No one had ever sucked and tugged at her nipples before, and Fae found it rousingly erotic.

Soon he left her breasts and started working his way lower down her body. He took his time, but soon he was nuzzling at the cleft in her pussy. Fae held her breath, but then she felt it—the squirming slick pressure of his tongue against her sensitive clit. "Oh, my god!" she gasped. "Oh, Logan..." She could not think of anything to say. Instead she just moaned inarticulately while he gently explored her most sensitive places. She needed to cum, but he took his time slowly licking and kissing her sex. Finally she grabbed his hair and pulled his face tight against her pussy. Logan got the message, and after several quick, strong flicks of his tongue, she shrieked in relief and spasmed against him.

Once she could talk again, she curled around to where he had moved to escape her thrashing legs, Fae pulled him close and realized she could taste her own musky scent on his lips. Logan had made her come with his mouth, and the thought inflamed her. She pushed him back, crawling on top of him and covering his face with kisses.

"Did you like that?" Logan asked at one point when his mouth was free.

"No, I loved it!" she answered licking at his nose. "And I want to show you how much."

Although Logan was larger than she was, Fae was on top now, and she pushed his arms back over his head as she maneuvered herself around to find his hard, sharp cock with her dripping pussy. After a subtle shift of his legs, Fae suddenly found the right angle and celebrated the feeling of intrusion into her body as his cock slid home. Fully astride him, she adjusted herself until she could move with ease up and down on his rigid member. Each time he was inside her, it seemed better than before.

She started and unconscious chant, "Uh, fuck. Uh, fuck," with each stroke. Tensing and releasing the muscles in her thighs amplified her sensations. There was no feeling of pushing and pulling in her loins. It was all just slipping and sliding, and with every stroke her excitement grew. As her pace quickened, Logan reached up and pinched her nipples. The pulse of pleasure and pain together traveled directly to her pussy, and her orgasm exploded. Gasping incoherently she finally lay against Logan's chest trying to get her breath. He rolled her to one side, but he rolled right along with her maintaining their connection. In another moment he was on top. He pushed his cock into her gently and kissed her lips.

She kissed him back fiercely. "Again," she gasped. "Can you make me cum again?" He smiled and moved inside her. "Ah," Fae sighed. "Again!"

His next stroke was more forceful, and the one after that followed rapidly. He picked up the pace even more, and Fae started chanting along with each thrust as she built rapidly to another climax. Logan strained against her and gasped as his own orgasm swept over him. Fae felt the pulsing in her loins as they both came together.

For a long time neither of the them said anything. Gradually their breathing slowed. Fortunately Logan was supporting himself by his elbows, but the dual heat of their bodies became uncomfortable. Logan rolled off of her and muttered, "Whew!" Then he propped his head up with his hand, and he looked at her. "Hey, I think we are getting better at this." She blushed, but she had to admit he was right. She leaned over and kissed him. He looked at her as she pulled away again. "Fae, I love you," he said simply.

She sighed and felt the last of her protective barriers finally slide down out of the way. "Yes," she said. "Logan, I do love you."

They cuddled and necked for a while. Finally Fae asked, "So what do you want to do today?"

Logan smiled. "Besides this?" He tweaked her nipple, and she smiled back and kissed him. "I don't know," he said. "I suppose we ought to tell some one, shouldn't we? I mean, about us being engaged."

"You just want to hear what my mom says."

"Well, she knows more swear words than I do," he admitted.

Fae rocked back then scooched to the side. "We can do that after while. Right now I want to get cleaned up, and we can have some breakfast."

"You'll cook breakfast for me?" Logan said with a smile.

"Sure," she said. "You like your cereal sunny-side-up, don't you?" She got out of bed and went into the bathroom. She flipped on the light switch and yawned at herself in the mirror. A stranger stared back at her.

Fae screamed, and in a moment Logan was there at her side. "What?" he cried. "What is it?"

She pointed at the mirror. "It's not... I look..." She watched a different face, a different mouth, say the words, but she could not understand what she saw.

Logan studied her reflection for a moment then looked at her face. "Hey, yeah. The little thingy on your lip is gone."

Full, well formed lips made an even line above her chin. The sneering, indented, and twisted mouth she was used to seeing was gone. She reached up and touched her face with her fingers. Perfect. Symmetrical. She stared in wonder. What had happened?