Mike & Karen Ch. 15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Karen just shook her head and sighed before looking at her sister lovingly. "Well, I'm glad I could unknowingly share my pleasure with you, Alli. I assume, however, now that you know, it was an instant libidoectomy?"

"You have no idea," Alexa breathed, shaking her head. "Never again."

"Besides," Karen reasoned, "based on what you two gave Freja and Jeanie, not to mention what I've witnessed from catching you and my son flagranting the delicto, there's not much to pick, is there? Maybe Michael is a little bigger, but then, he's a little bigger all over than just about everybody. You're clearly not lacking for satisfaction."

"That's very true," Alexa agreed, thankful that Karen was giving her a graceful way out of this. She somehow doubted Freja and Jeanie would. "I'm sorry, Kar."

"I'm not," the older sister said, shrugging. "I'll just chalk it up to a bonding experience between the two of us. Maybe some night, if the boys are ever away, we can do ourselves together. Sound suitably perverted and good?"

"Buuuut, no swapping, right?" Alexa asked warily.

"Rest assured, silly, no swapping," Karen giggled, poking her sister's nose. "And I'll never strap on Ancalagon and fuck you with him, just like you'll never fuck me with any replicas you have of Alex. Deal?"

"Can I fuck you with Ancalagon?" Alexa asked, smirking now.

"Only if it doesn't crush your pelvis in the hefting, little sister!" laughed the older girl, before pullling her younger sister in for a deep and loving kiss.

***

"You sure you're okay?" Alex asked as he looked across the small, round table at his companion while they sat in the university cafe.

Facing him, Heather was playing with her hair, but she smiled and nodded. She was an attractive girl, even if she wasn't a stunner like Alexa. Under other circumstances, they might've made a decent couple, although he didn't fancy marrying her. They were too different in some key ways.

"Gonna sound weird to say, but yeah," the brunette answered, putting her hands on the table, determined to stop fidgeting. This was the first time they'd been alone together since Freja and Jeanie's wedding, where they'd been paired up- at least, Heather thought they had been. "I've had conversations with your dad, your mom, Freja, and Alexa, of course."

"I assume my aunt is the only one you bit, right?" he chuckled.

"Well, there was biting involved with Freja, but none of it was out of hurt feelings," Heather answered, shrugging. "And I really appreciate your parents talking to me, because they weren't just trying to win me over about you and Alexa. They were genuinely concerned for me, and wanted to make sure I was adjusted and okay."

"Yeah, that sounds like them," Alex agreed, nodding. "I really hope you can forgive me, Heather. I'm not making excuses, but I was so outta my league about what to do, and... grasping at straws, you know?"

She smiled. "I know you well enough to accept how out of options you must've felt. And to be honest, forgiving you is easier than it was to forgive Alexa. I mean, part of it might just be because she's a girl, and we're competitive that way, and she won, but she also had a mission to seduce me and use that to bring me around. That's hard to accept."

"I won't claim to speak for my wife, Heather, but I'll tell you this much," Alex said, putting a hand on top of hers. "She went to that kinda trouble because she likes you, and she cares about how you feel. If she hadn't cared, things would've gone down a lot differently, I imagine."

"And the flip side of that is that if she was the kind to be a heartless bitch toward me, you wouldn't have fallen for her to begin with," she mused, looking at his hand on top of hers. "Circles within circles."

"I still wanna be friends," he said, squeezing her hand. He'd run into her here on campus, the day before classes started up again, and invited her to have a coffee with him and see if they could work things out. He didn't want to leave her feeling unsettled. "I hope we can do that. I'll understand if you need a lot of time."

Heather sighed, considering. "I guess I'd be justified in saying I wanted time, but I really don't. I think I can get used to it if I spend time with you guys and accept seeing you as a couple."

"Good to hear," Alex agreed, nodding. "Because I know we're gonna have enough people staring at us awkwardly this coming semester after my little stunt at Christmas."

"It wasn't a stunt, you just did what you thought was right," she pointed out, perhaps somewhat surprised that she was almost taking his side and encouraging him. "I... Alex, I can see how desperately in love with each other you are, and you never looked at me that way. And to be honest, I never looked at you with anything remotely approaching the depth of feeling Alexa has for you. I think you did the right thing at the concert."

He smiled. "Nice to know we have one student definitely in our corner. I know Alexa's a little bit worried."

"Might be a little bit awkward to hear myself say it for the next few weeks, but I'll ship you two, hard," Heather said softly, but firmly. "It's... it's the right thing to do."

"You're a real catch, Heather. Just because it wasn't me doesn't mean you won't find the right guy." Alex reasoned. "I can vouch for that."

She blushed and smiled. "Hey, it might not be a dude anymore, who knows? But thanks all the same. I guess I was interested in you because you're really different from other guys, but then you were so damn brainy, and I kept backing off. How many times did I say we were just friends with benefits? And then... well, then it was obvious someone was fucking you, and I guess that made me interested again. It just happened to be Alexa, who is your future, so I need to step aside. I shouldn't begrudge you that."

"That's very big of you, Heather," the blond man said, nodding. "I guess this was tough on everyone for different reasons. I'm glad you're willing to be friends."

She blushed. "Are you... are you okay with me screwing around with Alexa? I kinda don't wanna stop, even if I can't be in love with her."

Alex shrugged. "No skin off my banana, Heather. If she's fine with it, so am I. I'm not worried that she's gonna leave me for you, or anyone else... except maybe Ancalagon."

Heather tilted her head. "Who?"

"Never mind, it's a joke," he said, waving the quip off and smiling cheerfully. "Nah, do whatever the Hell you and my wife like. I'm fine with it."

"And what..." she began, blushing almost scarlet. "I've discussed this with Alexa a little bit, but... d'you think you and I could... y'know..."

He smirked. "I'll make you a deal. I'm okay with it, as long as it's part of threesome with my wife, or maybe an orgy pile including Freja and Jeanie as well, okay? I dunno about one-on-one just yet. Baby steps, okay?"

"Weird world when the threesomes and orgies are the baby steps," she mused, squeezing his hands. "Thanks, Alex. This really helps, I'm glad I ran into you."

"Me too, I feel a lot better now," he said, nodding. "One more thing, though."

"What's that?" she asked, curious.

"If we're doing anything, don't bite me, okay?" he asked, giving her a wry grin.

***

Monday, January 7th, 2019...

Classes had begun again, with influxes of new students in new courses. There had been some debate at the DeBourne household about whether they should go to campus together or perhaps separately. Alex eventually said he thought it best if he and Alexa went by themselves, rather than having his parents along, which might be seen as a blatant challenge by those who found these circumstances objectionable. They'd meet Freja and Jeanie on campus, which was more socially normative.

Mike and Karen acquiesced, trusting to their son's intuition and strength of character in the matter. It was his relationship, after all. They hugged Alex and Alexa and headed out, taking Mike's vehicle. Alexa closed her eyes, sighed, and then smiled at her husband.

"Ready to do this?" she asked.

"I've actually been looking forward to it since Christmas," he said, his smile having a rather keen and even fearsome air about it. "I'm lookin' forward to makin' sure everyone knows that the most stunning and amazing girl on campus is mine."

"God, you're sexy when you're assertive and aggressive," Alexa breathed, reaching over to caress her fingers along the back of his neck. "Get me out of here before I tear your clothes off and fuck you, Alex. We shouldn't be late, people will talk."

"Let's go," he almost growled, taking her by the hand and pulling her along to the garage. She trailed behind him willingly, her heart thumping in her chest. She was suddenly looking forward to everyone seeing them together.

***

The Bridle Path, January, 1980...

She walked through the trees, enjoying the sound of the light snow crunching under her boots. Just behind her, she heard the pattering, hurrying steps of her companion, and smiled to herself. He was becoming braver, seemingly, edging ever farther out of the treeline to follow her. He'd actually made it as far as the atrium one day during the fall.

Karen, not quite eleven years old, was allowed plenty of outdoor time to herself, as long as she stayed on the property, which was certainly expansive enough to suit her general needs. She was even allowed to visit the stables on the adjacent property, if weather and the owners permitted. But they loved the inquisitive little girl, and she loved the horses, so she spent considerable amounts of time there.

And her path to and from said stables just happened to take her through the dense woods at the back of her parents' property, where she had made friends with her current companion. She smiled and hummed happily to herself, enjoying the nip of the January cold on her nose and cheeks.

She came out of the treeline and her little heart thumped as she heard the tiny feet still behind, following her dutifully. She slowed down slightly, allowing her friend to catch up, perhaps giving him a choice about how far he wished to continue.

She approached the atrium, and still the feet followed her. She could barely contain her excitement, flexing her hands against one another inside the white muff they nestled in. Her steaming breath quickened, and she resisted the urge to run. The wind curled her bobbed bronze hair around her rosy face.

A fleeting moment of silence, and then sudden pressure on her shoulder made her gasp. She kept walking, but a smile of utter delight adorned her lovely face. She looked over at her friend, who simply gazed down at her, his startling golden eyes mimicking her own. Is that why he liked her so much?

His little clawed feet held resolutely on to her coat as she ventured through the atrium, and toward the doors that led into the manor. He made a clicking noise with his mouth, but did not make any attempt to leave his new perch. Karen's heart soared.

She opened the doors and stepped inside. Fit to burst, but somehow composing herself, she took off her snow boots and shed her snow pants and muff as well. She seemed doomed, at least for now, to keep her jacket on, due to her companion's perch, which he showed no sign of relinquishing. Normally, wearing her jacket into the domicile proper was taboo, but she figured this was as good an exception as any.

She kept walking down the hall, feeling like the portraits of her ancestors were watching her, wondering what the heck she was doing. She ignored their stares resolutely. Just then, she chanced upon Jordan coming down the long hallway. He paused upon seeing her, along with her companion.

"Mistress Karen, you seem to have picked up a straggler," he mused, observing the young lady, who could barely contain her excitement. She was normally so cool and aloof for a child, so to see her in this state was quite enthralling. "Do you need any assistance in removing your raiment?"

"I think I'll just leave it on for now, Jordan, thank you," she replied, relieved he was not displeased with her situation. Jordan's displeasure, like her mother's, was something she tried to avoid at all costs. "I don't want to ruffle my guest, after all."

She giggled as her new friend bent over and nuzzled her beak against her ear, apparently appreciating her warmth.

"Well, I suppose as long as he doesn't soil the carpet or furnishings," mused the manservant sagely. "Your mother is around somewhere; best to make sure she knows, my dear."

"I will, Jordan. Thank you!" she replied, bowing her head in appreciation, since she couldn't curtsey properly. She then continued down the hall, finding the music room and turning into it, where she found her mother sitting in a chair and reading an art periodical and listening to Liszt's Chasse-neige on the stereo. The auburn-haired matron looked up at her daughter's entrance and seemingly paused upon seeing her. She lowered the magazine into her lap.

"Well now, my love, who is your new friend?" Miranda Gordon asked with interest.

"He's not exactly a new friend, mother, I met him in the fall," Karen explained, nodding her head at the tiny, small-eared owl that sat on her shoulder. He simply stared around at the ornate room, full of elegant instruments, and plush furniture. "This is just the first time he's been brave enough to follow me into the house."

"Well, welcome, good sir," Miranda said, putting her magazine aside and standing up to approach her daughter, observing the pair intently, her deep brown eyes warm with love and deep intelligence. "What's his name, Ekaterina?"

Karen shrugged. "He hasn't exactly told me his name yet, but... I was thinking maybe 'Tylluan'."

Miranda smirked in amusement. "You're naming him 'Owl' in Welsh?"

The girl shrugged again. "It was that or 'Ookpik', but he's not white enough for that. Everything sounds pretty in Welsh."

"That is very true," Miranda agreed, enjoying her daughter's gleeful innocence. It was so unusual to see in a girl who was so cool and aloof with people normally, but was able to charm the princes of Hell itself, and she had proven she had an incredible affinity for animals. "Your eyes are very alike, my love. Maybe that is why he has taken a fancy to you."

"You may be right, mother. I haven't really guessed," Karen admitted. Now she held out the back of her hand now to Tylluan, who looked down at the proffered hand, and then stepped onto it willingly. Clearly, she had his implicit trust. Karen then allowed her mother to strip off one side of her winter coat, the side not attached to an owl. Karen then transferred him to her other hand so her mother could get the other side of her coat. Soon, she was wearing only her woolly sweater, and cashmere long underwear, along with socks. She perched him back on her shoulder, and he continued looked around curiously, unperturbed by Miranda or his surroundings.

"Well, do we need to feed him?" Miranda asked, reaching out a single finger and stroking it along the top of Tylluan's head. He closed his eyes and made a little clucking noise she could only assume was approval. "Do you think he's doing okay out there?"

Karen looked at her friend, assessing him. "I've seen where he nests, I think, because he always seems to meet me there and begin following me. There's always little bundles of fur and bones, so I think he's eating adequately. I think he just wants to know where I live."

Miranda nodded. "Okay, I just wanted to know if we needed to help him. I think your father keeps pinkies in the freezer in one of the cellars, for when he and the bishop are training their young hawks. What will you do now?"

Karen shrugged. "Just walk around, I guess, until it's time for him to leave. It might be warm in here for him."

"Go ahead then, my dear," Miranda said, stroking her daughter's cheek lovingly. "We'll continue planning your packing later."

"Yes, mother," the little girl said dutifully, using her sweater hem to curtsey, and then walking off. Miranda just watched as her daughter sauntered away, seemingly talking to her companion, pausing occasionally to point at some artifact or portrait on the wall, all of which the tiny owl took in intently.

It occurred to Miranda that when Karen returned from boarding school during spring break, Tylluan might no longer be there waiting for her, possibly having met a mate or just moved on to other grounds. She knew her daughter would be stoic about it, but inwardly, quite heartbroken. And it wasn't like she could take the bird to school as a pet.

She recalled that this type of owl rarely lived more than five years in the wild, due to climate hazards, predation, and loss of habitat. But just maybe, Tylluan could make it if he lived here on the property and if they looked after him? He seemed to be avoiding the raptors in the area, and if Karen was right, was proving an adequate hunter.

Maybe Miranda could just keep an eye on him? Did she protect her daughter, or did she let her learn the probable unpleasant lesson? What mother didn't want to protect her children that way?

There'd be time, still. She didn't need to decide just yet. Let Karen have her fun.

***

The present, on the downtown campus...

Mike walked into the lecture hall, and it went silent quickly. There was nothing terribly unusual about this, since the students often stopped talking when he entered the room, because of his commanding presence. He'd opted for a rather causal look today, jeans and a collared shirt.

He had no doubt, though, that the silence today carried extra weight, and he would be seeing to that first. It was only fair to his students. He wanted them concentrating on their grades, after all. He smiled genially as he put down his notes and tablet while standing behind his station and looking up at all the faces in the seats curving and ascending before him.

"Welcome back, everyone," he boomed, nodding. "I'm glad to see you all back, it speaks to your determination. What you're studying is not easy, and it takes fortitude to face the unknown and uncertain."

What would they read into that statement?

His eyes flicked back and forth across the breadth of the lecture hall. Everyone was silent, but he could see plainly that many had questions and concerns.

"We have a lot of material to cover this semester, but I thought we'd use today to answer any questions you may have before jumping in," he continued, coming around to the front of his long station and leaning back against it, assuming a casual and friendly air, something he had always been a natural at. "So, if you have queries about anything, this period is the time to ask."

Silence.

"Nothing at all?" he asked, laughing. "I refuse to believe that. Come now, I can see you're busting with questions."

One young woman finally raised her hand and he nodded at her. "Simone?"

"Sir, I..." she began before blushing. "This isn't a question about anything you're teaching."

"Go on, you are welcome to ask me anything," Mike said gently, but loud enough to be heard. "What's on your mind?"

She struggled for words for a moment. "I... I was at the Christmas concert, sir."

He nodded. "I remember. Go on."

Simone tried to for her thoughts and question. "Will things... are things going to be okay? For your son and your sister-in-law, I mean. I was thinking about it all winter break."

Mike smiled. "Thank you for your concern, Simone. I have no particular doubt it'll all be fine. We're about to petition to have the law about avunculate marriage changed. We all believe it's an outdated law, much like the ban on gay marriage was until the Nineties. And I can see you're all bursting with questions about this. So I'll tell you now, it's okay to ask and express yourself. Just be respectful of your fellow students in doing so."