Mimi's Daddy Ch. 12: The Risk

Story Info
Adam takes Mimi to the fair for another photo op.
1.9k words
4.78
1.4k
0

Part 12 of the 23 part series

Updated 05/03/2024
Created 04/02/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The next day...

Driving to his mother's house from work in the bleak darkness, Adam kept thinking about Mimi. Her smile was irresistible. Last night, he'd been grateful to come home to her sitting on his mother's couch. Her kindness was soft against the sore parts of his heart. When his grandmother's ring had slid effortlessly onto her finger, his chest had tightened, as if the gesture meant something more than sealing a mutually beneficial business deal. Being around her made him aware that he had not totally excised the foolish romantic at his core. More than likely, he wasn't falling for her, just confused by the pleasure of her ripe, lush curves filling his lap.

Waiting at the stoplight, his sister laughed at something on her screen. With her bare feet on his dash and her phone in her hands, Sarah ignored him from the passenger's seat. The blue light illuminated her face. Marge had picked Sarah up after school and brought her to the office. She was too young for all of this. He'd been too young when they went through it the first time. Back then, he'd believed he was a grown man. Laughable. As soon as the arrow turned green, he tapped the gas and pulled forward.

He'd felt sixteen when he bent down to kiss Mimi on her dirt road, one curve away from the line of sight of her protective father. Mimi's response to being kissed by him had played on repeat in his head since then. Her pliable mouth had given tender responses. He wanted to kiss her again, but that kind of sweetness was dangerous and could cause a man to catch feelings. For his whole life, he'd avoided falling in love. Mimi was dangerous.

But who else did he trust enough to marry? What other woman did he know that was an authentically good person? Well, besides Marge, who wouldn't want him anyway, since she was already married to a lovely woman. He grazed his thumb across where the ring used to be. He'd worn his grandmother's wedding band since his grandfather's death. Adam had argued with his father for the little band of gold at the old man's bedside. They hadn't known he was awake until he slipped the ring off and placed it in Adam's palm, ending the fight. His Dad had been pissed.

Grieving his wife's death had been hard for his grandfather, and he'd worn her wedding band on his pinky finger since the day cancer took her. Until yesterday, the band had stayed faithfully on Adam's finger as a reminder of his grandparent's love. People didn't love each other like that anymore.

He could not afford to catch feelings for a tasty, plump farm girl. It had been a while since he had indulged himself in a pretty woman's bed. Maybe that was the problem.

There was a Brazilian flight attendant who liked to visit his bed on her layovers. She was fun, but they had little in common except for being adventurous in the bedroom. It'd be impossible to be from his bloodline and be vanilla. He could call her. A strange wave of guilt settled in his gut. It was a fake engagement, damn it.

Sex didn't have to mean anything. They got a lot of things wrong in his father's family, but being inhibited in the bedroom was not an issue. How could it be? The family business was focused on being a resource for people who wanted to live out their fantasies. His Aunt Ann was his favorite family member besides Sarah. She was the only one of her generation that cared more about people than money. She'd brought the Box Company into the digital age and revolutionized their procedures, making their services available to more than just the one percent elite.

When Adam was a boy, he'd enjoyed testing out the features on the boxes. They'd tried out quite a few manufacturers before she accepted the function and the design. She'd been the one who inherited his grandfather's way with people. Not that the old man hadn't been good with money, the business had thrived in his hands. His father had only inherited his father's flair with money. As he pulled into the driveway, he told Sarah, "You go on in. I'm going to make one call."

Her gaze flicked to the time on his dash, and she shook her head. "Whatever." Once she unsnapped the seat belt, she grabbed her backpack with one hand and swung out of the truck, leaving the door open. With a sigh, Adam reached over to pull the door shut to stop the annoying beeping.

With the truck turned off, Adam pulled up his aunt's number. What the hell? He could try.

She answered on the seventh ring, just before he hung up. "Hello?"

"Auntie."

"Adam! How are you, my love?"

"I could be better. I just dropped my Mother off at rehab."

"Your father called me."

"I was hoping to talk to you before he did that."

"I'd love to give you a loan, honey, but if your dad finds out, he said he would fight me tooth and nail on our next rollout."

"He wouldn't dare. It would hurt his potential profit."

"Oh, he would, and has before." He could hear her take a breath. "He still hasn't acclimated to our father, putting me in charge instead of him. Not being in charge stings him."

"Sometimes he is so spiteful. Look how long he has held on to his hatred of my mom."

"She broke his heart. I think she is the only one that ever has."

Adam rubbed the pale skin on his pinky finger. "Do you think he loved her?"

"I know he did, once upon a time. I'm sorry he is taking out that old hurt on you."

"It's not the first time."

"He told me you might get married?"

"I need access to the funds from my inheritance."

"He's been investing it well for you. It's grown. He talks about it sometimes."

"Dad sends me quarterly updates. And at least yearly, offers me the same deal he did when I was a kid. Sell your soul to the company business for riches."

"Working for the company isn't so bad. I've always loved it."

"It's your passion, and you don't have anyone wanting you to be their puppet."

"That's true... And Adam, you could let her hit bottom and lose the house."

"And Sarah?"

"She could stay with you for the next two years. Or she could come stay with me if you like. Cherish has one more year until college."

"I'm not ready to lose the house that I worked so hard to keep. But I wish I had known as a kid that I should have put it in my name."

"I remember how hard you worked and how proud you were. Cherish was still little then."

"How is my cousin?"

"Sassy, too smart for her own good. She is applying to colleges and trying to get me to agree to fund a gap year in Europe."

"Must be nice."

"Adam, you know you could have had that path, too."

"Not without abandoning those I loved. I never had a desire to live in my dad's big cold house and navigate the turnstile of wives he maintains."

"There are good sides to your dad."

"I find them hard to see."

"In his own way, he is trying to do what is best for you."

When Adam's phone beeped, it was Mimi trying to call. "Auntie, that prospective wife I mentioned. She is calling."

She chuckled. "Go get her."

***

Mimi said, "I thought I'd check on you. Yesterday was a lot."

Adam rested the back of his head against the headrest and closed his eyes so he could imagine her smile. "I'm tired, but the situation at work was okay. They didn't burn the place down while I was gone, so that is something. We just pulled in, and I am ready for a shower and my bed."

"I won't keep you long. Jen thinks we should take Sarah to the fair this weekend."

He tried to reorient from his rough day to this new turn of events. "With cows and pigs?"

"And peach pies. Jen wants wholesome content. I go to the fair every year. Do you like to go on rides?"

"I've never been to the state fair. And I do not know if I like rides."

"What? What kind of life have you lived?"

"It would seem, a limited one."

"A fair virgin! I am going to get to introduce you to so many things."

The idea of her teaching him about the world amused him. "Sarah might be too cool for the fair, but we can drag her along."

"She can invite a friend, maybe that gap-tooth boy. Think of it as an excellent distraction for both of you. The alpacas are going to be in the show barn Saturday."

Adam grimaced. "Bucky? I don't know if I can tolerate him for a whole day. He likes to touch her. Am I going to have to get close to an alpaca?"

"Only if you want to. Bucky can't be the boy's name."

"It's not. Let's make a deal. If you get to take me someplace new to me, then I get to take you some place new to you."

"Sure!"

***

All around him, people streamed into the fairground. Muffled by the sound of the crowd, blue grass music played in the distance. The smell of roasted corn and barbecued ribs filled the air. Mimi turned to look as they passed a vender swirling a giant cloud of cotton candy onto a stick. Adam asked her, "Do you want one?"

"No, but if we go to the circus, I do. It's a tradition. But we can only get the purple kind."

"There is a circus?"

She nodded and her yellow miniature duck earrings danced. "Everything is at the fair." With her hair drawn back into two ribboned ponytails, and jeans that clung to her lush curves, she was a walking temptation. Ahead of them, hand in hand, Sarah and her boyfriend veered to the right with their wrists encircled by identical unlimited ride bracelets. The teenagers were old enough to wander the fair, but he disliked the hungry way the boy kept looking at Sarah. "Do you think it's okay to let them go alone?"

With a bump of her elbow, Mimi said, "She isn't ten."

"I know."

When he playfully bumped her back, she flashed him a flirtatious smile and said, "Mr. Overprotective."

"That's me." He gestured to all the flashing lights and joyful sounds. "This was a good idea. Sarah needs to have some normal kid fun. I don't think she is sleeping well."

The cupcake slid her arm into his. "And how about you? Are you sleeping?"

Her warmth and softness against his side caused his cock to thicken. "Poorly."

"I'm sorry." She squeezed his arm, and he placed his hand on top of hers to keep her hand there. Mimi said, "I'm glad you came out today. I like your company."

"I don't know why."

"Says the guy who would sacrifice everything for his little sister."

"Is that how you see me? Heroic?"

"Yup, and you can't change my mind." Warmth filled his chest as she tugged him toward a food stall covered by a giant yellow tent. "Try the roasted corn. It's the best."