Minx Ep. 04: The Sphere, Mesozoic Zone

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alice ran over to him, her sword raised to cut at the same tentacle, but the appendage slithered away very quickly. Dragon shrugged at her and gave a devil-may-care smile.

A scream of terror quickly followed by another drew his attention. Two men were hauled into the air and pulled over the side in the blink of an eye. Behind Alice, the hyperman could see humans abandoning the fight and fleeing to whatever safety was available below deck. This fight was going badly and he needed brave souls to stand beside him if they were going to fight off this threat. He momentarily thought of yelling out that the squid was going to pull the entire ship underwater to finish its meal, but realized that would make no difference to a panicking human.

The boat tilted again, and Dragon caught his first look at the enormous head and eye of the monster. Having spotted all its targets, tentacles shot over the rail and across the deck. The hyperman was too fast for the one aimed for him, and a quick shove on Alice's chest threw her away from the one about to latch on to her. However, others were not so lucky. Dragon counted six plucked from the deck.

He ran for the port railing, stepped upon it and launched himself well above the squid. He could see it just below the surface of the water, a tentacle curled by its beak and red spreading through the water. Then he fell, and as he fell he hurled the spear as hard as he could into its enormous, liquid eye. His spear sunk deep into the jelly-like substance and then quivered.

Dragon landed atop the beast's head, in shin-deep water. He grabbed the pommel of his sword in both hands and began slashing madly. Slash. Twist. Withdraw. He repeated this several times in a matter of seconds.

Then the squid began to roll, attempting to throw off its tormentor. He leapt against the roll and stabbed his sword in deep when he landed. Dragon was on his knees and resumed his slashing and cutting.

A tentacle curled by him, carrying a wriggling figure towards the creature's mouth. The hyperman reached out and sliced through the rubbery arm, dropping a woman beside him. He put one arm around her, picked her up and then resumed his attacks upon the squid one-handed.

"Throw your spears at it!" he shouted out to any who remained on deck.

Four flew past him, to sink into the soft flesh. Dragon turned to one and struck it with the pommel of his sword, hammering it in more deeply. The leviathan rolled again, and, this time, Dragon and his companion were thrown into the water.

The hyperman released the woman, broke the surface, took in a great gasp of air, and then looked around. Tentacles were slipping beneath the waves. He could pick out frightened figures splashing around in the water. The squid appeared to have retreated from the fight, but he knew other carnivores would soon be coming by to look for uneaten tidbits.

"On deck! Help us back on deck!" he called out.

Alice and some of the pirates appeared by the port railing. Ropes were thrown and spears were extended. One by one, the survivors in the water were hauled to safety.

"How many did we lose?" Dragon asked his First Mate, once everyone had been brought back aboard.

"We can't account for four. Jacques, Lefty and Sally have disappeared. So has one of the cavemen."

"Which one?"

"Xie."

"How many ran below decks?"

"Five, Captain. Shall I bring them out for punishment?"

Dragon looked around at the survivors who'd stayed on deck or been grabbed and thrown into the sea. "Those cowards are to stand watch at the rail until I tell you otherwise. If any of them fall asleep or get distracted then you have my permission to throw them overboard." Alice grinned wickedly. "For the victors, let's break out some food and fresh water!"

The First Mate scurried off to follow his orders. The others stared at Dragon in awe.

"What I did any of you could have done. It didn't require hyperman strength or speed. However, each of you stood beside me and I won't forget that."

The hyperman went to the bow and looked across the water. This sea abounded with a variety of dangerous predators. While he was quite capable, much more so than any human he knew, Dragon realized that he'd need help to survive this world. He needed these humans to stand beside him and follow his orders no matter what danger confronted them. Could he really trust them to do what needed to be done? Minx would have stood beside him; he knew that on an instinctive level. He also was aware that Minx would have done exactly as he'd done if it was needed, and despite what he'd said he had no real belief that any of these others would have.

9

"Therapod, and likely a carnivore," whispered Minx.

Mike and Miguel paled, and their eyes followed her pointing finger. There was a trail through these woods, one that Minx had obstinately refused to walk along, although she had seemed eager to keep it in view as they walked. The two-legged creature was standing on the trail and staring at one of the pineapple-like trees.

"It's smaller than we are. It's harmless," offered Paul.

Minx shrugged and waved Paul toward the trail. He refused to take the offer. Instead he looked at Miguel and titled his head to suggest the other man go on. Miguel paled.

"Then we wait. For now," stated Minx. She sat back against a tree, placed her spears across her lap and then closed her eyes. During her travels in this world she had learned to take the opportunity for rest whenever it arose. She listened to the two men discussing her in whispers as they brushed away their insect tormentors. Minx pretended to be unaffected by the various pests, and the mud and dirt covering much of her body helped to protect her from them.

"And I say we should jump her now," continued Paul. "We outnumber her. We can take the spears, tie her up, and use her as bait so if anything big attacks us it will go after her instead."

"That's cold," answered Miguel.

"It's exactly what she's been doing to us!" said Paul, his voice rising. "This isn't about a little harmless fun anymore. This is about survival!"

"She seems pretty good at this kind of thing. It's probably in her programming..."

Minx listened to the rest of their conversation, but was convinced nothing was going to come of Paul's crazy ideas. She did wonder, however, why she was sticking around these two. She certainly didn't need them; in fact, she didn't need anyone. She'd proven that to herself time and time again. Although, she had to admit that she missed talking to Ship. And Arachne, she hoped the spider was doing well. As for Dragon, she needed that lumbering and arrogant hyperman just as much as she needed these two! So why hadn't she abandoned them?

"Minx?"

"Yes, Miguel," she answered without opening her eyes.

"That therapod has moved on."

"Which way?"

There was a hesitation that annoyed her. Why hadn't they been watching the thing?

"Back the way we came from."

Minx opened her eyes. "Let's get going, then."

"Wait one minute," demanded Paul. "Where are we going?"

She stared at the two men. "Well, I'm travelling in this direction," she said, pointing west.

"That's away from the sea," accused Paul.

"So it is. Goodbye." Minx stood, stretched, scratched some of the dried mud from her abdomen, and then began walking.

There was a hurried debate behind her. Then she heard the two scrambling to catch up with her.

"Why are we going this way, Minx?" asked Miguel. He winced and then slapped at a particularly large bug on his leg.

She bit her lip. She didn't want to admit that Mahar had communicated with her, or that she hoped he'd somehow be willing to provide her with an escape from this hollow world. She thought it was a slim chance, but better than wandering around waiting for a tyrannosaurus to gobble her up. And Dragon had been somewhat friendly with her so, she reasoned, perhaps this Mahar might share the other hyperman's interests. After all, she reminded herself, she had no obligations to Dragon; especially since he now had a companion.

"What did Mahar say to you?" asked Miguel.

"What?" Paul and Minx asked at the same time.

"Well, he didn't kill us or do anything to us that we can determine, but he must have knocked us out for some reason. He wanted some information from us. He didn't talk to me this time, and I'm pretty sure he didn't talk to Paul. So he must have talked with you."

"You're crazy!" Paul looked at his friend in shock. "First you think she's a robot and now you think that imaginary hyperman of yours is real and stopped by to have a chat with her!"

"He didn't talk to me, Miguel." She slipped her hand down her top, then brought it back out with the folded note between two fingers. "He left this for me to find."

Minx dropped the note into Miguel's hand. Paul pulled it from the other man's grasp, unfolded it and then read it aloud.

"And you don't think he might be lying?" The sarcastic look on Paul's face gave Minx the sudden urge to hit him. "He's a hyperman. They're evil, sadistic, arrogant..." He went quiet and gave her an odd look.

"He's promised us safety!' exclaimed Miguel. "All we have to do is make it to some place called the tower ruins and he'll protect us!"

"I'm going there," said Minx, refusing to elaborate further. She took the note from Paul's hand, folded it and then hid it back in her top.

"And we're going, too," replied Miguel. Minx found herself disgusted by the eagerness in his voice. Hadn't he heard that the note was addressed to her? They were mere add-ons to the welcome. She understood that to mean that this hyperman was inviting her and the others were welcome to come, as he was pretty sure he'd find some use for them. She suspected the offer of safety only applied to her, as well, assuming it was even genuine.

Minx shrugged and resumed her journey. A happier Miguel and a scowling Paul followed her. She refrained from scratching at the dried mud, as it seemed less of a bother than the multitude of flying insects that had no trouble keeping up with the trio.

10

There was a knock on the door of Dragon's cabin. Arachne rose from her bed of drying leaves and hissed. Dragon looked up from the simple table he was seated at. It appeared his map would have to wait for the time being.

"Come in," commanded the hyperman. He'd heard the soft sounds of bare feet coming to his door and wondered if Alice was shirking her responsibilities.

The door opened slowly until Vanessa, one of the cave-people that had tormented Minx, was standing in the opening. She licked her lips and tried to give him a suggestive look, but the scar across her cheek flared red and drew all attention away from the more feminine parts of her face.

"Well, what is it Vanessa?" Dragon eased his facial features. He smiled slightly and then made it disappear, noting that Vanessa's growing smile had indicated his deception was successful.

"Captain," she began huskily, "I just wanted to thank you for saving me from that monster squid. I thought I was going to die, and I'm so grateful!"

"Oh, so that was you. I knew it was someone female, but I didn't realize exactly who it was. My attention was occupied during the battle."

"During your battle with the enormous squid! You killed the thing by yourself, and barehanded! You were so brave." She waited for him to say something, but he purposefully remained silent. "I just had to come and thank you...personally."

"Ah, I see. To the victorious go the spoils."

She was momentarily confused. Then, "Or, when you save the damsel in distress she's grateful. Eagerly grateful." She arched an eyebrow and licked her lips again.

"And you'd like to pay me with your body? For services rendered?"

"Any way you like," Vanessa suggested.

"Fine. Strip."

She blinked in surprise and then slipped the shoulders of her leather garment over her arms. She pretended to a sudden shyness and covered her nipples with one forearm, as she pushed the remainder of her clothing to the floor. Then she swallowed and lowered her arm, revealing herself.

Dragon took a good look, and had to admit she was attractive. Her breasts were not large, and drooped a little, but each would be a soft and a pleasant handful. She wasn't slim, but the few added pounds rounded her hips.

"Very nice, Vanessa. Throw your clothes in the corner. You won't need them anymore."

Her eyes opened wide in excitement as she followed his command.

"There's some rope on the wall, over there. Fetch it, please."

She skipped across the room, took the rope and returned to where she'd been standing.

"Captain, the door is still open. Shall I close it to give us privacy?"

"No need." Her cheeks went pink. "Come here, Vanessa."

She quickly walked over to him. Dragon took her hands, wrapped the rope around her wrists and then tied it off. He looked up into her face. He could tell by her expression that she was eager to thank him. He reached up to one of her breasts and thumbed a nipple. There was a reaction on both breasts, and she closed her eyes.

"Open your eyes, Vanessa."

She did so. He put his hand between her legs and then brought it up. Her lower lips were almost dripping. She opened her knees a bit, lowering herself onto his hand a little more.

"That's enough. Return to where you were before."

She hesitated, and then thinking it was part of his game she hurried to obey him. Then, she waited as he merely stared at her.

"Captain," she ventured, "I understand you like ropes and things like that. I just wanted to let you know that I can be very submissive for you. I'll do everything that you tell me to do." She gave him what she hoped was an enticing smile.

"Oh, in that case, should I drag you behind the boat for an hour, or do you think it would be best if we simply suspended you a metre or so above the waves beside our craft?"

"Captain?"

He gave her an evil grin and wiped his hand off on the leg of his uniform. "You didn't think I'd actually sully myself and have intercourse with you? That would be sexual relations with a lower animal!"

"What? But, don't you think I'm..."

"Does Rod know you're here?"

"Why, yes. Of course. You gave me to him. You don't think I'd come here without his..."

"And he doesn't consider you a good enough fuck to even be jealous?"

Vanessa's mouth opened in horror. "You can't mean that! I'm not ugly! Men want me! You want me!"

"Silence!" Vanessa stepped forward as if to argue, then looked at her bound hands and went silent.

"Rod!" shouted Dragon.

There were a few moments of silence, then both heard booted feet pounding down the stairs. Rod ran down the hall and into the room. He gave Vanessa an angry glare, then turned to Dragon.

"Captain?"

"She says you let her come to my room." Dragon steepled his fingers and sat back.

"Well..." Rod tried to read the hyperman's face and failed. He turned to Vanessa, hoping she would surrender some information about exactly what his captain wanted to hear, but she merely glared at the hyperman. "Yes, I did."

"Why?"

"Well, she's a pretty good screw. Her pussy and ass are pretty tight, and she's quite willing to use her mouth. At least she was once I explained things to her." Vanessa's face went pink again and she gave Rod a hurt look. "I don't mind sharing her with you Captain, especially if it means a promotion."

Dragon began examining his fingernails. "And you don't have Alice's natural charms to help you?"

"Obviously not. But, having a loyal first and second mate would help you. And I think you're going to be captain for a long, long time."

"And you intend to benefit during that period. That's very forward thinking, Rod." He turned back to the man. "By the way, hyperpeople are bisexual."

Rod looked surprised, and then concerned. "Ah, well you see...uhm, Captain? It's like this, sir. I'm not...well, you're a good-looking man, Captain. But..."

"Relax. I was just testing you. Only some of us are."

Rod's relief was visible and audible.

"So you sent her here as barter?"

"Of course, Captain."

Vanessa glared at Rod. "As barter? After everything I've done for you? After everything you've done to me? I'm barter?"

"Silence, Vanessa!" Dragon noted that Rod was not totally insensitive to Vanessa's feelings and decided to test Rod's loyalty. "Rod, I want to use her as fish bait. It would be nice to have a nice shark fillet, or plesiosaur steak, wouldn't it?"

"And I suppose as bait..."

Vanessa went white and stumbled, but kept on her feet.

"Yes, I suppose we get one use out of her. Two if we're lucky, although I think the probability of her surviving her first time as bait is almost zero. What do you think?"

"Please, Rod! Don't let him do this!"

"Shut up!" Rod snarled. Vanessa started sobbing quietly. "Captain, I was sort of getting used to her. I mean...I'd like to have her for a couple more weeks. If that's possible. Maybe we could use one of the cavemen, instead? Or maybe one of the cowards?"

"I did have my heart set on a nice tiger shark fillet," mused Dragon. He spied Vanessa's eyes rolling up into her head. "Catch her, Rod!"

The man's reflexes were fast enough that he kept her head from hitting the floor. He scooped up the unconscious woman in his arms. "You were just playing her, right?"

"Maybe." Dragon rose from his chair. He collected Vanessa's clothes, and brought them to Rod. "Throw her clothes overboard. She goes naked from now on, and keep her tied near your bed. She can no longer walk anywhere she wants on the ship, unless you've a leash on her. If she starts making noises about it, then let her know you barely talked me out of using her as bait and that if I catch her walking around loose you won't be able to save her."

"Okay, Captain." Rod turned to go, then stopped. "Captain, it was partly her idea to come to you and not just because you saved her. She heard from some of the others that this Minx woman is your wife or girlfriend and she was hoping to seduce you to get back at her. I figured it wouldn't matter because the other woman isn't here and never has to know."

"Thank you, Rod. I'll talk to Alice about the possibility of you becoming second mate. You'd better keep on that red-head's good side!"

11

Minx was perfectly camouflaged as she lay in the shadowy undergrowth. She was making no efforts to wipe the dark mud from her skin, and her dark brown hair was caked to her skull and back. She crawled forward a little more, pushed aside some fronds and studied the gently flowing pool.

It was an oxbow river that the three of them had come to, and it blocked their westward journey. It also, Minx thought hungrily, offered a chance at finding some food. The main river was a dozen metres off to her left, so she didn't have to worry about the dinosaur-type crocodiles-things that she'd seen, or the large reptilian and amphibian herbivores that she'd noticed munching vegetation on the bank. This pool was small enough that it might not feed something large, so it might be seldom visited. However, it wasn't stagnant as there was some flow.

Ripples spread from a short distance out from the edge of the water. Minx hadn't seen what caused the ripples, but hoped it was a fish, frog or turtle. She readied a spear.

A hand on her ankle almost made her jump. She turned about to see Paul, his hand still on her leg, with a finger to his lips. She gave him a quick kick, then turned her attention back to the pool.

"Is there anything dangerous?" called out Paul in a voice that wasn't as quiet as she would have preferred but did show some effort on his part.

She nodded for him to approach the edge of the water beside her.

"Where's Miguel?" she asked.

"Keeping an eye out for big predators coming our way."

"That wasn't what I asked."

He shrugged in response. "The pond looks safe." He rose until he was crouching. "I'll need a spear."