Miscarriage and Depression Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sofia, you are destined for much better things than working as a hotel maid. Please, take whatever job he's offering. Don't worry about me. I got along before you started working here. I'll be OK cuz." she told her.

They hugged each other and then they turned to Jackson who had gotten up and was coming out of the bathroom with his toiletries bag to finish packing.

"What will I be doing Mr. Brown?" Sofia asked Jackson standing up.

"You will be learning to become our Executive Staff Accountant by next summer. Our current Executive Denise Holcomb informed me that she wants to retire at the end of spring. I was going to start the search when I got back from vacation but, running into you is a lucky break."

"How do you even know I'll work out in this job?"

Jackson chuckled. "You don't get where I am in the business world by not being able to read people." Then he got a far away look in his eyes before saying, "If only I had that same sense in my personal life, I wouldn't be going on vacation to clear my mind."

There was a brief awkward silence before he reached into his wallet, pulled out a card and handed it to Sofia.

"American Network Security Systems." she read out loud while Juanita looked over her shoulder.

Jackson zipped up his luggage and sat it beside the door. He sat in the chair and his phone buzzed. He looked at the text and saw that the car and Freddy were downstairs waiting.

"Sofia Hernandez, you will be making eighty thousand a year plus bonuses. You start 2 weeks from tomorrow. Put in your two weeks' notice to both companies, that's simply the right thing to do and I expect everyone that works for me to do the right thing. No matter where you are, what you're doing, who's around or who's not around."

Jackson looked at Sofia. Both she and Juanita were smiling at him.

"Now, my cheating wife signed the divorce papers this morning so I'm off to spend the next few days getting completely hammered and wishing that I'd ever married her. My car is here, so goodbye ladies."

Jackson walked to the door and turned around.

"Welcome to American Network Security Systems. It's the last place you'll ever work."

Jackson walked down the hall and got into the elevator. As he was riding down, he wondered. Should he get himself a beach bunny or a ski bunny???

12