Miscarriage and Depression Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You know about them?" Beverly gasped.

"Of course I knew, I know everything. I'm tired of you people not giving me enough credit and respect."

Beverly had had enough. Between Sofia's and Jackson's broken hearts, the crying, and now Joseph's usual childlike behavior, she briefly lost it.

"Joseph, you'll have some respect when you earn it from people and learn how to hold onto your wad!" she said, and hung up the phone.

Beverly kept his phone in her hand and walked out of the office. As she was walking down the stairs, she asked if anyone had seen where Sofia went. One of the workers said that she ran back towards her office crying. He asked what was wrong. Beverly simply told him that she'd received some bad personal news and started speed walking. By the time that she'd gotten there, Sofia was gone.

Beverly took her cell phone off her belt clip and called Shelia. Sheila told her that Jackson's Blazer was gone, and the lady at the front desk said that he'd left with a gym bag and his briefcase. He gave her an envelope and asked her to give it to Sasha when she arrived on Monday.

"I don't think this is him spending a week in Aspen again like last time." Sheila said to Beverly over the phone.

"You're right. I think he's gonna be gone for a while this time." Beverly replied.

"I'm on my way back to the office. I already called Joseph a few minutes ago. He was almost there. Said something about having to call clients, to let them know that updates will be behind now."

"Good. You and I are going to have to keep morale up around here. God knows Joseph is incapable of doing it."

"Look Beverly, we have our own business to run. Jackson took his briefcase with him. That means he's still gonna work, he just won't be in the office. Joseph needs to sink or swim here."

"We wouldn't have our pastry shop if Jackson hadn't taken a big gamble and gave us the money. He's been our friend since the moment we met. We owe to him, to help Joseph keep morale up around here."

"You're right Bev. OK, go sit in Joseph's office and wait for him. Make sure you open the blinds though and keep things light until I get there. I'm only five minutes or so away. Everything is going to be fine. We can tolerate and work with Joseph until Jackson gets back. Joseph isn't completely stupid. He knows how to talk to the clients and alleviate their concerns. We've seen him do it many times."

"OK. I'll see you in a little bit." Beverly replied and hung up the phone.

She stood there and looked around. People were laughing and working. She looked up at the conference room and saw the same thing. They were laughing and working together to keep everything running smoothly.

Beverly took a big deep breath and let it out. She put on a smile for everyone to see and started walking towards the stairs, when her phone dinged. She looked at it, and it was from a number that she didn't recognize but it was a group text message to her, Sheila, Joseph, Tara and Sofia. Beverly sat down on the second step, held her breath and opened the message. It read.....

(In the last two years, I've been cheated on and divorced. I fell in love with another woman, only to have her break up with me because of the color of my skin. I can't do it anymore. I'm going away and don't know when I'm coming back. I can remotely update our security system from anywhere in the world using my laptop, so our product will not suffer in my absence. DO NOT try to find me. I'll come back when I'm damn good and ready. Goodbye.)

12