Miscarriage and Depression Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Seadog777
Seadog777
647 Followers

"I get it. You're team Tara and you're team Sophia. I am team whoever the hell he wants, I'm fine with."

"That's ridiculous Joseph, I know you want him to pick one of them. Who is it?" Beverly asked.

"Yeah. There is nobody else here. It's just the three of us, you can be honest." Sheila said.

"If you honestly tell us who you want him to end up with, I promise that I'll never make fun of again." Beverly said to Joseph.

"I absolutely cannot offer you the same option. I'll just not make fun of you as often." Sheila chimed in.

Joseph just looked at the both of them. While it was amusing to him that they had opposing views, he also understood how important they are to Jackson and to the company. He'd also grown to like them; even though they constantly poke at him. He knew that that was their way of showing affection.

"Fine." he said with a sigh.

He saw them both looking at him. He let the silence hang in the air for a few more seconds.

"I'm team Tara." he said.

"What!" Beverly exclaimed.

"Yes!" Sheila shouted as she threw her arms up at the same time.

"You've railed on and on about how Tara broke his heart and deserved the worst. How can you be on her side?" Beverly asked.

Joseph opened his desk drawer and pulled out a black binder. He walked over to the coffee table in front of Beverly and Sheila and dropped it. Joseph looked at the two of them and sat down in the chair next to them on the couch. They were looking at the binder like it was contagious.

"What is that and how many pages is it?" Sheila asked.

"That ladies, is a summary of Tara's life since the divorce."

Sheila and Beverly were stunned. They didn't know what to say or even how to process the feelings that were swirling around in their heads.

"She's got a clean bill of mental health. She goes to work and then straight home. She eats out sometimes with her sister and aunt. She went on dates with three different men. None of them got past the first date. She hasn't had sex with anyone, and she's gotten really got at making quilts."

"Whatever. He needs to make a decision on who he wants to move forward with." Sheila said.

Just then, they heard someone clear their throat. All three of them looked over and saw Christina standing in the doorway.

"It's called knocking. Try it sometime." Beverly said.

"Look Beverly. I'm sorry that we've gotten off on the wrong foot. I did not mean for that to happen. Jack has spoken very highly of you and Sheila." Christina said walking over and sitting down on the chair opposite of Joseph.

"Other than having sex with him, just how close have you gotten to Jackson?" Sheila asked.

"Well, I handled his divorce and saw how much that hurt him. I kept in contact with him afterwards, having lunch a few times whenever he was in town. I've spent the last month on that boat with him. So I've gotten to know him quite well." Christina answered looking at all three of them.

"Well, I'll be damned." Joseph said laughing.

"Look; Jack and I both know that this was nothing more than a fling, and while I certainly enjoyed being flung by him, we are not compatible with each other. You have nothing to be concerned with from me. We are just close friends."

"Well in that case." Joseph said.

Christina looked across at Joseph.

"The answer is no."

"I wasn't going to ask you out." Joseph replied.

"Then what do you think Jackson should do Christina?" Sheila asked.

She took a deep breath before she answered.

"I think no matter which one he chooses; he should have conditions in place. They both broke his heart once already."

"You didn't answer the question." Beverly stated.

"I can't say who I think he should choose." Christina said standing up.

"Why not Christina?" Joseph asked.

"I'll see you all tomorrow." Christina replied.

"Oh no. If you really care about Jackson, then you have an opinion. Who do you think he should choose?" Beverly said.

Christina finally said.

"I can not say who I think he should choose, because he has made his decision."

Christina walked out the door, while Joseph, Sheila and Beverly just stared at each other speechless.

Seadog777
Seadog777
647 Followers
12