Missing Ch. 41-50

Story Info
Council Interactions.
16.2k words
4.84
6.3k
21

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 01/06/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,308 Followers

Bonnie Woods' POV

Leo's Home, Miesville, Minnesota

I looked at Anthony's message on my phone in shock. He'd sent it to all Miesville Pack leaders. "Trial on hold. Leo collapsed and is in Medical. Medics think it's a heart attack. Pray for them."

I couldn't imagine what Luna Adrienne was going through. I'd come here to be her protector, and she was a thousand miles away and going through hell.

I ignored the crying Pack members, people gathering together to lend each other strength. I ordered the sentries to maintain their responsibilities as I headed for my room in the basement. The children gathered together outside the safe room. Some shifted into their wolf forms and curled up with the adults, forming a puppy pile in the center of the room. I moved past them, begging off the young ones who sought the dominant wolf in the room.

It took me a couple of minutes to pack what I needed into a carry-on suitcase. The rest I would leave here. Heading upstairs, I asked one of the lower-ranked Pack members to drive me to the airport. As I was tossing my bag in the back, I was linking with Susan. She was a few minutes out with Alpha Larry. "I have to go to Adrienne now," I begged her. With our Alphas and Lead Betas absent, Susan was in charge here. "The last time she lost a mate almost killed her. I know, I was there for her, and she was there for me. All the Little Canada pack wolves are gone."

"That doesn't mean we aren't in danger," Susan replied.

"Now is the time to take the Fixer up on his offer," I countered. "Our strategy made sense at the time, but if Leo dies before the trial ends, he dies as a rogue. That fixes the status of our Pack as a rogue pack. With Leo incapacitated and Adrienne in mourning, only the Council can keep us protected until she can take over." What I didn't say, and Susan wasn't going to bring up, was what would happen if Adrienne couldn't step up. Adrienne barely made it until Nathan's funeral and never fully recovered. Leo had already bonded fully with her wolf. I didn't know if she could survive another loss. "Bring the Winona wolves closer and have them patrol the Pack boundary while our Pack gathers in the home."

Susan didn't answer right away. "You're right. Nothing will happen right away regardless. I'll talk to Clyde when he arrives. As long as he respects our Pack and our right to succession, I can accept him as our temporary leader."

We were exiting the driveway as we talked, and I waved at Susan as we drove opposite directions. I had about forty minutes until I could be at the airport. Getting on my phone, I found a flight to Atlanta that left at eleven and booked a business-class ticket. It was a 150-minute flight plus the time change, and I wouldn't get in until 2:30 in the morning. I arranged for a car to drive me to Augusta, then focused on the text messages blowing up my phone.

I couldn't stop the tears when Alpha Anthony's follow-up message came through. "Alpha Leo Volkov passed away a few minutes ago. He never regained consciousness."

My driver started crying and wiped her eyes as she focused on driving. I pushed my emotions down and composed a response to Anthony and Pamela. "I am on my way. Do everything you can to keep Adrienne going. I love you all."

I got to the airport and filled out the paperwork with TSA. As an active Law Enforcement Officer, I could carry my pistol on the aircraft. If I had to fire, I'd better hit my target. My .45 cal bullets would go right through the aluminum fuselage.

I prayed the flight wouldn't be late, but it was. I boarded at eleven-fifteen and promptly went to sleep. My Uber driver was waiting outside at three in the morning for me, and I slept the whole drive there. I grabbed my bag and dismissed him before walking to the guard shack. One of the wolves came out to meet me as I walked up the sidewalk, the other remaining in the booth. "Bonnie Woods?"

"Hey Angelo," I replied. Angelo hailed from a pack in North Carolina; I'd watched him in the pistol competitions at the Werewolf Games a few times. He could neuter a bumblebee at ten yards. "What are you doing here?"

He walked me towards the guardhouse as we talked. "Loaned to the Council for event security," he said with a shrug. "I'm sorry to hear about Leo. I know you and Luna Adrienne are close."

"That's why I'm here."

"She's not on the list," his partner said from inside.

"Alpha Anthony McInnis knows I'm coming," I said.

"I'll have to call it in." I talked about shooting with Angelo as the guard spoke to someone on the phone. It didn't take long. "She can't enter," he said. "No one but Alphas and Betas."

"Luna Adrienne's fucking MATE just died! She needs my help!"

He shook his head. "Luna Adrienne is in solitary confinement until the completion of her trial. You can't see her, and we can't let you in."

"I flew down here to support her in her mourning," I pleaded.

The guard rolled his eyes. "Maybe they'll let you watch her execution in a few hours after her conviction as a rogue." I let out a growl.

"Don't be an asshole," Angelo said.

"I'm doing her a favor by not shooting her in the face as she stands here like a little bitch. Leo died a rogue, which makes her one too."

I wasn't going to be denied entry after traveling all night to get here. Not now, not by the stupid fucking COUNCIL and their rules, and not by some asshole of an Enforcer. It wasn't a well-reasoned decision, but it was the one I made. Pulling my 1911 from under my jacket, I pointed it at Angelo. Even if the Enforcer had a gun in his hand, Angelo was faster on the draw and wouldn't miss. "Both of you freeze, or he's dead. Hands on your head and don't move, Angelo."

"Bonnie. Don't do this." Angelo could only watch me as I threw my life away.

"I'm sorry." I took his pistol in my left hand, forcing him to his knees on the sidewalk. "Come out here, and don't do anything stupid."

"You've got the market cornered on stupid, Bonnie," he said as he stepped out. I used the silver-lined handcuffs they carried to cuff the two together around the streetlight post. Tossing their radios into the shrubs, they wouldn't be able to raise anyone now.

Unless they already did.

I ran over to the security vehicle, pushing the extra pistol into my belt along the way. I needed to get Adrienne out of there before they could kill her.

I was the only one who could do it. If Anthony tried, they would take his Pack. If they called us rogues, I would be the rogue with nothing to lose.

I made my way to the security building, remembering the layout from training I'd done here a few years back. I knocked out the sentry outside with my pistol, then put on her uniform. Hopefully it would be enough to get me through the checkpoints.

I made it to the bottom of the stairs before a steel barrier dropped in front of me, cutting off access. I spun around just in time for another to block the stairway. Looking up, I saw gas released from the ceiling.

I could only hold my breath for so long before taking it in. The darkness followed soon after.

Ch. 42

Chairman Daniel Sanders' POV

Alpha Gathering, Council Suites

The urgent send woke me from a deep slumber. "Mr. Chairman? It's Fernandez. We have an issue. You are needed in the Security Building immediately."

Jack Fernandez was one of my senior Enforcers. Looking at the desk clock next to my bed, it was five-thirty in the morning. I'd only gotten to bed at three after the events of last night. "Give me ten minutes," I replied as I sat up. "Get anyone else you need there and have coffee waiting."

"Yes, sir." I reached for my pants as my mate stirred. "Something came up with security, my love. I'll be back when I can."

The life of a Luna was full of interruptions, so she'd learned to deal with them. Bonnie was asleep again before I stood up. Dressing quickly, I closed the door behind me and stepped into the hallway. Chairman Wolfe, the Midwest Council chair, stepped out to join me, his tie loosely hanging around his neck. "Your problem, Lewis?"

"Must be," he replied. "I don't know what it could be, though. Our Fixer reported to me an hour ago that everything at Miesville is proceeding as well as could be expected given Leo's death."

"And if it's about our missing Mantled, we wouldn't be on our way to the Security Building," I replied. "I suppose I could link them, but I wanted to wake up first."

"And this isn't a simple matter, or Security just would have reported it over the link," Lewis agreed as we stepped out into the darkness. It only took a few minutes to walk across the compound to the security building.

Counselor Randall Albertson was waiting at the entrance with Senior Enforcer Jack Fernandez. "What's going on, Jack?"

He opened the door and led us inside. "There's been a security breach. A wolf showed up at the gate, and we denied her entrance. She then overpowered the guards at gunpoint, stole a security vehicle, and came here. She knocked out the sentry outside, then tried to access the prison complex. Our people trapped her in the passageway and used the gas to incapacitate her."

"One wolf made it inside?"

"It's Bonnie Woods, sir."

Shit. The Miesville Shitshow continued. "Where is she?"

"Interrogation One. We can watch from behind the mirror."

We entered the observation room, and I looked inside. Bonnie's red hair and long, lean body were familiar to all of us in the Council. The Enforcers had her stripped down to her black sports bra and panties. The prisoner wore a silver detention collar and was secured to the solid metal chair with wrist and leg shackles. I could see her possessions on a side table, including her Sheriff's badge, shoulder holster, and pistol. "Why did you come here," the Interrogator asked.

"My Alpha is dead, and you're holding Luna Adrienne here. With Leo dead, he can't escape the Rogue designation. Since Luna Adrienne left Baxter to join Leo, she's guilty too. Your guard bragged about her execution coming later this morning. I couldn't allow that. I had to get her out."

"Attacking the Alpha Summit on your own is suicidal, Bonnie. You had two chances, zero and none."

"Death doesn't scare me. While I have breath, I have to try."

"You'll only get an execution post next to Adrienne."

"Then I will go to my mate, but I will have died with honor." She turned her eyes to the mirror. "Unless the gutless FUCKERS watching me now. Stay hidden and plot in secret, you ignorant toad-turds! HOW COULD YOU BETRAY THEM LIKE THIS? ADRIENNE WORKED WITH YOU FOR YEARS!"

I pinched my nose, feeling the headache coming on. "Have her taken back to a cell," I told my Chief Enforcer. I watched as guards unhooked her, shocking her with cattle prods twice before dragging her out the door. "What do you think?"

"She's confessed to an armed attack on Council land, plus she attacked two Enforcers and a loaned Warrior," Randall replied. "As a rogue wolf, just stepping across the border is a death sentence, and she knew it."

"But is she truly a rogue wolf," Lewis asked. My Chief Enforcer knew about the subterfuge involving Leo's faked death to expose the conspiracy behind the attack. "Leo's not dead."

Randall shook his head, no. "The trial has not reached a verdict as of yet. Mr. Chairman, you signed a Council judgment declaring Leo a rogue. That remains in place. Since she is in Leo's Pack, she's also rogue."

"Not so fast," Lewis replied. "Who is the Alpha of the Miesville pack NOW?"

Oh, shit. "Fixer Clyde Lassiter is temporary Alpha, as of six hours ago."

Chairman Wolfe nodded. "Exactly. Bonnie DOES have a legitimate Pack under the direct control of the Alpha Council's designated Temporary Alpha. The behavior and punishment of Bonnie Woods is the responsibility of said Alpha. It doesn't matter whether Bonnie knew that or accepted it; as long as she didn't break her Pack Bonds, she remains under the authority of her Alpha."

"So we have to execute her?"

Counselor Albertson thought about it for a minute. "Chairman Lewis is right; she is not a rogue. The automatic death sentence does not apply. Her punishment is up to her Alpha under Council guidelines."

What a shit show. I got out my phone and dialed my Fixer. "Alpha Lassiter, we have a problem." Randall took a few minutes to explain what happened and where we were from a legal perspective. "Bonnie has to be punished for her actions, even though OUR actions drove her to them," I concluded. "We cannot let the assault on our people go without serious consequences."

"There's more to consider than just that," Clyde said. "You can't summarily execute her. Bonnie isn't just a Lead Tracker; she's a senior Law Enforcement agent working at the local FBI office. Detective Sergeant Woods came to Minnesota because of threats against her life and flew down to Atlanta on a commercial airline. If she doesn't show up for work on Monday, her bosses will investigate. The trail will lead right to the Compound."

"And we don't want that kind of attention," I replied. "I think we can make an allowance for Bonnie's loyalty to her Luna. What are our alternatives?"

Counselor Albertson knew the laws better than anyone. "If you apply concurrent sentences for each offense and the minimum penalties, it's ten lashes with silver and ten days confinement."

Damn. "Can we wait until after the trial ends?"

"I wouldn't," Lewis said. "Let's say we have to execute Leo and Adrienne later this morning. Nothing has changed in Bonnie's case. If they are found not guilty, or Adrienne is not guilty and restored to Luna of Miesville Pack, you would be forcing her to condemn her closest friend and protector. They have enough on their plate."

If Bonnie found out what happened to Vicki, she'd kill herself trying to escape. Hell, I was worried about what Leo and Adrienne would do! "I want to talk to those she attacked first and Bonnie herself before I pass sentence," I said. "Clyde, I'm pulling rank on this. If the Pack is going to blame someone, it's going to be me, not the person I put in charge."

"I understand, sir. I'll wait for your call."

I hung up and moved to a conference room where I talked to the three guards Bonnie had gotten past. I listened to their stories and evaluated my words carefully. "I'll leave any discipline over your failures, and they were significant failures, to your Chief Enforcer," I told them. "One female made it to the Security Building without being stopped. That is inexcusable."

"It was my fault," Angelo said with his eyes downcast. "I knew Bonnie well, and she got the drop on me."

"Your Alpha can determine your punishment. What do you think should happen to Bonnie?"

"Death," the gate guard said.

"Let me meet her in the circle," the other guard said.

"Let her go," Angelo replied. "She caused no permanent harm and showed restraint when it made more sense to kill us all. She's a good wolf going through a tough time. I don't want her suffering on my account."

"You may go," I replied. I had the Chief Enforcer escort me to Bonnie's cell. When she saw me, she tried to attack me despite the silver burning her skin as she touched the bars. Jack had to shock her with the collar to get her to stop. "Bonnie, I need to talk to you."

"Just kill me," she said. "You've taken everything else."

"Leo isn't dead," I told her. No one else was listening to us; Jack had made sure all the cameras and surveillance were off. I had to give her a reason to take the mercy I wanted to offer. "There was an attempt on his life, and we had to fake his death to flush out his enemies."

I could watch the emotions moving over her face. Shock, disbelief, finally acceptance as she realized I wasn't lying to her. "Adrienne?"

"She's with Leo in the Infirmary; your attack here would have gained you nothing. The jury comes back in a few hours. If they are found not guilty, they can return to Miesville as recognized Pack Alphas."

"I threw my life away for NOTHING?"

She was breaking emotionally, and I had to act fast. "Perhaps not. Accept a plea deal now. You'll get ten lashes and ten days confinement for your attack tonight. You have to call the FBI and tell your boss that you'll be gone for two weeks. I'll inform your Alpha of the decision."

She thought about it. "And if I don't accept it?"

"You'll face trial and execution. Dead people can't get vengeance, Bonnie, and I know you still want yours."

She collapsed back against the bed. "Bring the papers. I'll sign them, but I have one request."

"What is that?"

"I don't want my Alphas to see my punishment, and I don't want to see theirs. Carry it out immediately."

"Agreed." I left the cell and made the arrangements.

I announced the conviction and punishment at breakfast while Bonnie made her call to the FBI. "The prisoner has requested to have her sentence carried out immediately. Those who want to witness it can gather outside the Security Building. The trial will commence at eight."

I could see some hurrying to finish their breakfast while others pushed their plates aside, not wanting to have it come back up. Punishments were a bloody business.

A small crowd of supporters gathered as Enforcers brought Bonnie from the prison cells to the punishment area. Alpha Anthony, Luna Pamela, and many of the Alphas and Betas she knew moved to where she could see her. A few wolves wanted to watch her suffer, among them the Enforcers she had embarrassed. I marked those people in my mind.

No one won here today.

The enforcers shackled her to the pole by her wrists, raising her body until her toes barely touched the ground. One of them used a knife to cut her clothes off. "Chief Tracker Bonnie Woods of the Miesville Pack pled guilty to attacking Council Lands and its defenders. Her sentence to ten lashes with a silver whip."

My Chief Enforcer had the duty of carrying out the punishment. The leather whip was dipped in oil and silver dust, which would make the wounds more painful and ensure permanent scarring. He shook it out and took his place. "Does the prisoner have a statement before the sentence begins?"

"Get it over with, sir. I haven't got all day," Bonnie replied.

"One." I nodded at my Chief Enforcer. He swung the whip, sending the tail across her back below Bonnie's shoulder blades. The whip cracked, Bonnie screamed in agony, and her supporters could only watch the suffering. "Two." Another line, just below the first. Another scream. "Three." Her eyes showed not just her agony but anger, betrayal, and bloodthirst. She hated me, and that was better than hating her Alphas.

By five, she hadn't stopped screaming before the next strike came. By eight, she barely shook in the chains when it hit. The tenth line Jack left across her lower buttocks. The punishment left parallel wounds from her upper back to just above her thighs. "Take her down and return her to her cell."

Bonnie couldn't stand and was barely aware of her surroundings. Guards carried back to the cells on a cot as the crowd dispersed, the trial resuming in a few minutes.

Bonnie's sentence would be up in ten days, and her wounds healed enough to go home.

I worried about what the punishment would do for her mental state. Wolves had gone feral on far less than what Bonnie endured.

I'd hate to go through all this and still have to put her down.

Ch. 43

Beta Angelo Summers' POV

Prison Complex

Tuesday, February 25th, 2020

"We have to prepare for the worst," I told my mate as we stopped our Ford Excursion outside the entrance to the security building. "The guards tell me she's recovering and eating, but mentally?"

partwolf
partwolf
2,308 Followers