Mittens has Class Ch. 08

Story Info
Mittens' first day on campus.
5.8k words
4.86
1.3k
1

Part 9 of the 12 part series

Updated 03/18/2024
Created 05/31/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mittens Has Class

Chapter 8 - Perrault's Puss in Boots Might Be More Apt

**Characters and text are protected under copyright law

Compared to the silent and empty nature of the last time she was on campus, there was a very surprising number of students milling about the university for how early in the morning it was. While it was still far from crowded, Mittens had not expected so many others to be already starting their day before it was even eight o'clock. Perhaps, like herself, many had arrived extra early to make sure they had everything and could find their first class without being late to arrive for it.

Regardless of the reasons, gaggles of students migrated along the walkways between buildings, most seeming lost in their own personal fogs. A few took an obvious moment to gawk at her as they passed, but many more seemed unaware of anything except what was in their hands, be that a map of campus, a schedule, or a coffee cup. She'd brought along the slimmer pair of 'cat-gloves', just in case, but she'd opted the start her day in full 'Mittens-mode'.

Her big fluffy ears were firmly pinned into place, her plush paws on feet and hands, her tail pulled through a small hole in the back of her shorts, and even the application of a little make-up to playfully mimic whiskers and a little black nose, she was determined to project her full feline self. What she'd hemmed and hawed for almost an hour over last night had been the rest of her clothes.

Should she make a little extra effort for more conservative dress? Keep it flirty and fresh? Push an envelope? While she did want to be taken, at least somewhat, seriously, she also wanted to make sure stayed true to herself. She'd finally settled on a cute sleeveless blouse and sweater vest, paired with black shorts in a formal style, and gartered black stockings in a plaid print. She felt it managed to mix playful, flirty, and academic fairly well and she looked kind of cute.

She'd also considered donning a pair of matte black hipster-style glasses but decided that might be a little too much. However, Master had bought her a special new collar, which sported a cute little silky bowtie above the bell and said 'BKOC' along the side. It stood for 'Big Kitty On Campus', he said. This she had proudly on display around her throat, the tiny lock in the back, shaped like a cat's paw, resting sweetly against the back of her neck.

She also had a little pink backpack, currently carrying several sticker-littered notebooks, pencils, pens, crayons, safety scissors, post-its, glitter, a stuffed animal for emergencies, and her neko lunchbox, which was full of goodies Chloe had made for her. Master had joked that he hoped that Chloe was right about her not really needing to buy textbooks, since he wasn't sure she had room for them.

Strolling along one of the sidewalks, currently more exploring than really going anywhere, she considered the large campus and began to regret not having bought her own map while she could. The college was spread out over a large area, it was hard to tell where to go to find what. While she had arrived early to give herself time to find things, she was starting to think that she might not have given herself enough extra time.

"Wow! You really weren't kidding!" The voice behind her made Mittens start in surprise and whirl about. She found the girl she'd met in the bathroom when she'd come to take her placement tests standing there. She was dressed in much similar of fashion as before, gray cardigan over a green blouse, knee-length skirt, opaque leggings the same shade as the blouse, and a pair of gray ballet flats. The wristwatch was still fastened about her ankle, instead of a wrist.

"Oh! Hey!" She bubbled at the girl, delighted to run into her again. "Valli, right? Now, what was I not kidding about?"

She absently adjusted her glasses as she meaningfully stared at the stuffed paws on Mittens' hands. "That you would be coming to school as a cat. I wasn't sure if you were joking or serious."

"I's always serious abouts ma bein' a cat." Mittens replied matter-of-factly. "Likes I said whens we met, I's officiamally an American Shorthair. 'Mittens The Cat' is my actual, legal, name." She flashed her fanged smile.

Valli just shook her head. "You are just way too much. I think I remember you also said something about having...an 'owner'? Like as in, you are this person's..."

"I's his pet cat." Mittens supplied proudly. "And, well, also his collared submissive. Though he usually jokes that I'm about as 'submissive' as a natural-born cat." She giggled.

Valli stared at her with a puzzled expression. "Do you mean, like that book, 'Fifty Sha--'."

"Yes, but also noooooooo." Mittens quickly interjected with a weary chuckle. "That book's really not the best example of what we do or are, but it's the right genre, I guess."

Valli raised an eyebrow. "Oh? Okay. But, I mean, he ties you up and stuff?"

Mittens sighed theatrically. "Weeeell, technically, Master is really bad with ropes and knots. He'd made a really crappy sailor or boy-scout. He much prefers leather restraints with locks and stuff. However, I has been known ta find myself all trussed up and put in a corner 'til I cans behave." She gave a wink.

Valli looked utterly amazed. There was definite awe in her eyes, obviously far more interested and curious than appalled by the idea. "That's wild! I've never met someone who actually is into all that stuff. I'm not sure that would be my kind of thing, but it's fascinating."

Mittens gave a laugh. "Well, I'm happy to answer questions, if you have them. Right now though, I need to start figuring out where my first class is."

"What class do you have?" Valli asked, leaning in as Mittens produced her schedule.

"I have English 101 at eight-forty-five." Mittens said. "Room 207, Callahan Building." She looked to Valli, hopeful that her new friend might know the campus better than her.

Valli brightened. "Oh, I know where that building is. I have that same class, but this afternoon." She waved for Mittens to follow her. "I'll show you where the Callahan Building is. Room 207 will be on the second floor, real close to the stairs."

"I appreciate that." Mittens chirped. "I'm glad I meowed at you."

The comment made Valli giggle as she began leading the way. "I told my friends about that and they thought I was messing with them. I'm still not sure they believe me."

Mittens grinned. "I'd be happy ta take a selfie with you, so you can prove it."

Valli paused, looking at her impishly. "For real?"

"Sure!" Mittens laughed. "Pull out your phone."

The two of them huddled together as Valli produced her smartphone and scrolled to the camera feature. Taking a moment to select filters and get the shot lined up, she snapped a picture and squealed with glee at the result. "I can't wait to send this to Annie and Sage, they are going to completely freak."

"Glad I could help." Mittens said with a grin. "Tell them I said, 'Meow'."

Valli laughed. "I will do that."

The two of the continued on across the campus, with Valli pointing out various places of interest as they went. Apparently, she had spent most of the summer walking around the campus, getting to know the layout and preparing for her first term. A planner by nature, she preferred to be ready for anything, which meant scouting out all her class locations before-hand and learning multiple routes to get to every building.

She was endearingly awkward, having spent far more time with books than people. That wasn't to say that she didn't have friends, but fully admitted that she was never part of the 'popular crowd', nor had she really cared to be. She was a science nerd and proud of it. Mittens found she quite liked her, feeling relieved to have made an interesting friend so fast. And one that was rather helpful.

While she had hoped that she would manage to run across one of her gaming group friends, it was nice to not be wandering around alone her first day. Valli's wide-eyed amazement at every detail of Mittens' life also made for amusing entertainment. While she repeatedly voiced that the lifestyle was not quite something she'd enjoy personally, she showed no negative opinions towards it. Instead, she seemed to treat it as some new object of study; a fascinating anecdote of human sociology.

By the time they'd reached Callahan Hall, she and Valli had well cemented a fresh friendship and exchanged phone info. They had also made plans to meet up for lunch later in the day, to exchange notes about their mutual first days. Saying her goodbyes, Mittens began making her way up to the second floor, taking the scenic route, since she was still very early for the start of class.

Callahan Hall was the main language arts building, so she would be spending most of her school day there. She found she quite liked the look of the place, designed in a neoclassical way, though it certainly showed some wear about the edges. She discovered a couple of interesting spots in the building, prime among them was a small interior garden spot, open all the way to the roof of the building, where students could sit and study between classes. It had a glass ceiling over it, so that it could be used even when it rained.

The second floor had another small sitting area, this one set up like a gothic study, and a large computer lab. She assumed it was intended to allow students to be able to work on research for essays and such. It was only accessible if you had a student ID card, which could be scanned for entrance. According to Valli, most of the academic buildings had one or more of these student-only computer rooms.

By the time she came across the room for her class, she found it open and empty. She took her time choosing her seat, testing out several to determine which she most preferred. They were the older, two-piece, school desks, opposed to the more modern versions where the desk was attached to the chair itself. The tables appeared to have seen quite a bit of use, with remnants from years before she was even born still engraved into some the surfaces.

By the time she was settling into her seat selection, a couple more students, looking sleepy-eyed and uncertain, came through the door. They both paused a moment, looking at Mittens with her ears and paws, but seemed too lost in their own concerns to question. As they were taking seats, another student entered, followed by two more.

Again, the new arrivals all gave her, at least, a few moments of notice, before shrugging it away. One of them seemed to find it highly amusing, but otherwise was more focused on themselves than her. She had half expected to have more attention directed at her, but found she was kind of glad that the general sense seemed to be indifference. While she didn't mind stares or attention, it would be much easier to focus on actually learning something without feeling like she was being a distraction.

However, the next student who entered the door distracted her from those very thoughts. In fact, the girl caught the notice of most of the other students too. While Mittens was certainly an oddity with her fluffy paws and ears, this girl stood out as a beacon. She had her own set of cat ears on, pinned into her hair, like Mittens' were, but these were smaller, round, and bright green, covered in leopard spots. Her hair itself was bright blue, with the front bangs, grown longer than the back, tinted a deep purple.

However, it was the rest of her that caught everyone's attention. For starters, her entire face was covered with white powder foundation, laying beneath heavy blue and purple eye make-up and green lipstick. Her own storm blue eyes looked out of the mask, made even more striking in contrast. Her clothes were equally as interesting, a mishmash of contrasting and iridescent colors, seemingly inflicted upon the viewer with full intention. The style seemed vaguely 'punk', with green fishnet leggings and arm-sleeves, purple and green striped over-the-knee socks, satiny-looking opalescent maroon blouse, and a black leather skirt. A neon green tie, short and wide, was around her neck, as was a dog collar, worn like a choker. A pair of calf-high combat boots, spray-painted bright green, completed the look.

She also had several piercings, several in her ears, a ring in her nose, a barbell in one eyebrow, and, glimpsed only for a moment, a stud in her tongue. Despite her whole outlandish appearance, what struck Mittens the most profoundly was how at odds she held herself. It was not the way one might expect from someone dressed so vibrant and eye-catching. Her posture was hunched and tight, as if embarrassed of her own appearance, her expression shy and timid.

The girl seemed leery to look directly at anyone, as though she was afraid they might make eye contact with her. She kept her focus only on finding a seat that was as remote from others as possible. She never even appeared to so much as notice Mittens. At least, not until Mittens plopped down into the chair next to the unusual girl.

"Hello fellow feline!" Mittens bubbled at her, extending a stuffed paw to the new arrival.

The strange girl looked positively alarmed at the forward greeting, goggling at the paw for several moments, before awkwardly accepting it. She looked extra surprised when the fizzy digits actually flexed closed around her hand, enveloping it. "Um...hi?" She managed meekly.

"I love the ears! They's so cute." Mittens continued on, paying her apprehension little heed. She made sure to keep her attitude and demeanor as friendly and open as possible, however, trying to show that she was genuinely interested to meet the girl. It was obvious the girl was shy, despite her whole punk-rock look. It was a bit of a curiosity to Mittens why someone would make themselves to noticeable, but act like they didn't want to be noticed. Usually, when someone dressed in punk style, they were about as bombastic as their clothing choices.

The girl glanced upwards, as if able to see the little green leopard ears on her head, before looking back and returning a wan smile. "Thanks. Yours are cute too." She said, her voice a little throaty, like she hadn't used it for a while.

"I'm Mittens." Said Mittens, smiling warmly.

"Krystal." The girl replied after a brief pause, starting to look a bit less anxious now. "Nice to meet you, I guess. I take it you are an anime fan?"

Mittens chuckled. "Well, I's more into manga than anime, but if you're meaning the whole cat-girl thing, that's a lifestyle choice, not a fandom one. I live as a pet cat."

Krystal blinked, looking a bit taken back by this statement. After a beat, obviously assuming she'd misheard her, she said. "What was that again?"

"I live as--" She began, but an abrupt male voice interrupted her.

"Oh my god! It's Emo-Clown!" A pair of young men had entered, both of whom were wearing shirts that looked a couple sizes too small, most likely to emphasize their exceptionally buff physiques. They looked like a pair of walking stereo-types from every 'alpha-douche' meme that had ever been made.

The one who'd just spoke, hair clipped short and teased up in a way that made him look ridiculous, pointed at Mittens. "And look at the weirdo furry she's with! Here, kitty, kitty!" He laughed a braying laugh that sounded so obnoxious that it hurt her head.

The guy with him, his blonde hair in an intentionally tousled mop that sat on his head like a bad wig, chuckled at his comrade. "What's Emo-Clown even doing in freshman English?" To Krystal, he added. "Did you take a couple years off to cry or do you just keep failing the class because no one cares to read essays about wanting to cut yourself?"

Both douche-bags laughed loud at that, high fiving each other, as if they had just scored points in some game. Mittens noticed that the other students in the room didn't seem to find it all that funny, but also didn't seem to want to get involved. They did all pull out their cell-phones, however, making no effort to hide that they were recording the moment.

Mittens stood up, glaring at the two boys. "Seriously?! That's really the best you can come up with? Tasteless jabs about depression and 'here, kitty, kitty'?" She struck a melodramatic pose, the back of one paw pressed against a temple. "I weep for the lost opportunities for an actual display of wit. I mean, with me alone, there are so many, far better, things you could have gone with."

She lowered her arm and shook her head. "Such weak lines just make you look so dumb, boys. I mean, were it me, I'd have gone with something like..." She dropped into a furtive posture, leaning towards the two of them and talking in a lower octave. "Hey. Hey, can I get some of whatever 'catnip' you've obviously been smoking?"

There was a rattle of chuckles from the other people in the class, many of which were still recording the exchange for posterity. Mittens stepped back, pulling herself up theatrically. "Or maybe something like: Geeze! I'd hate to see the litterbox!" She gave an exaggerated grimace, mugging it for the audience.

This produced even more laughs and the two young men were looking a bit uncomfortable, suddenly being the ones put on the spot. They shrugged the moment away, starting to move towards seats, but Mittens quickly stepped around to cut them off.

"I got more, don't you wanna hear them? This is some prime material, boys." She turned to the class, to get their opinions. There was an immediate response of encouragement from the crowd. Turning back, she gave them a sly grin. "How about this one?" She spread her arms outward, as if in warning. "Watch out! She might be shedding!"

This got the biggest round of laughs yet, obviously less at the joke itself than at the growing look of discomfort on these two boys' faces. They tried to push past her, but Mittens kept herself in their way. "Alright, alright! Obviously, not to your style. One more! Just gimme one more. I'll even dumb it down a little bit more so that it could have come from a pair of idiots like you."

She stepped up close, rising onto her tip-toes to deliver the final blow, even if it still left her coming up only to the level of the guy's armpit. "Oh look! It's a... Great. Big. Pussy." She punctuated each word meaningfully, staring hard at the crew-cut cretin in front of her. She fully expected him to try taking a swing at her, already prepared to dodge.

However, the moment was interrupted by the sound of someone clapping at the doorway. They turned to see a twenty-something year old man standing there, leather satchel at his feet. "Cyrano de Bergerac, Act 1, scene 4. Paraphrased, at least." He said with a chuckle. "Gentleman, 'Miss Kitty', if you'd care to take your seats?"

He picked up his case and deposited it onto the lecture podium at the front of the classroom, before looking at them again, to make sure they were doing as he'd asked. The two boys were looking plenty ruffled, but knew better than to push things. Mittens slid back into the seat next to Krystal.

"Thanks." Krystal whispered meekly towards her. "I just hope that doesn't put a target on your back, though."

"I'm pretty sure I put the target on there when I showed up with a tail attached to my butt." Mittens chuckled back. "Don't worry, I can handle morons like them with one paw behind my back." She made a show of tucking her left arm behind her in the seat. It made the girl chuckle, looking grateful to have someone standing up for her.

"Welcome to English Composition." The young professor said at the head of the class. "I'm Charlie Carson. You're welcome to call me Charlie or Mister Carson or just 'Hey teach!'. I'll pretty much respond to anything that isn't obviously meant as an insult."

12