Moon Rise Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I couldn't help feeling a little proud of myself as I drove into the heart of downtown Seattle, the evening traffic tight from all the tech workers getting off their 6pm shifts and heading back out of The Emerald City to one of the several suburbs in and around the Puget Sound. It was impossible to really tail someone in this clusterfuck, honestly. It was quicker just to walk up to someone.

I chose to use the VIP parking garage for the club. It had a glamor over it that made it appear that the garage door was blocked by a massive steel door. Only someone with the proper counter spell on their vehicle could see through it. Naturally, TCM had such a counter spell on her. I pulled into one of the several empty stalls and got out of the car, being sure to carefully take in my surroundings as I did.

"You're a terrible driver, you know." I nearly jumped out of my skin as Naberius stepped out of the shadows in one of the corners of the garage, melting out of them as though he himself had been formed from the very ichor of darkness itself.

"Goddamn it, Naberius," I snarled, more embarrassed at being startled than truly scared. I leaned against TCM and put a hand over my hammering heart.

"You could have gotten yourself sandwiched between those two vehicles. You're lucky the truck driver had a solid hand on his breaks," he continued to lecture. "And while my guy will be definitely demoted for letting you evade him, did you really think I wouldn't have someone on you if you left? Someone intent on tailing you wouldn't make it so obvious they were tailing you."

"I said I needed to breathe."

"You also invited me along." He walked over to me and offered me his arm. I glared at him and then gritted my teeth and reluctantly took the offered appendage.

"I don't need to be protected," I said almost obstinately. "And you shouldn't have to do this."

"Maybe I do it because I like it," he said, smiling.

"And if I don't?" I glowered up at him.

"For now, until I know you are safe... I will have to say: 'tough shit, princess.'"

12