Mother-In-Law May I Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was pointless. When she was sober, she would project her anger at anyone nearby. That morning, she accused Lance of not caring about her father. She slapped him, shouted several obscenities before walking out of the house for good. Nobody had seen her since. Mackenzie understood her younger sister's anger but knew it was pointless to be angry at anyone except the person who pulled the trigger.

Luke became the man of the house and aggressively worked with police to try and find the person who killed his father. He was supportive of his mother and older sister's and energetically performed his new role in the home. As time went on, though, his energy began to fade, and a feeling of dread and hopelessness began to take over. Amber and Mackenzie both recognized the symptoms that were overtaking him and worked to try and keep him from the same darkness that took Calley from them.

His behavior went a different path. While Calley's behavior was only destructive to herself generally, his impacted everyone around him. She ended up quitting school and he was kicked out for his violent outbursts and treatment of teachers and students. After a few years of nothing coming of the investigation into the death of his father, he abruptly left one day. He first began to accuse the police of not doing enough. When that didn't bring him justice, he lashed out at his mother and sister; claiming they had given up and no longer cared.

Amber was an emotional wreck for weeks after Luke left them. She clung onto her only remaining child and demanded constant reassurance that she would never leave her. Mackenzie promised her repeatedly that she wasn't going anywhere. Even after she got married to Brian, they moved in with Amber until she was well enough on her own. During that time, Luke would sometimes call and ask for money. He engaged in small talk with Mackenzie and Amber but refused to talk to Brian. In his mind, Brian was just another symbol showing that they preferred moving on without justice being served. He remained angry and it showed in every phone call. Amber always gave him money in hopes that he would come home one day.

"I see you're moving, Amber. That's good," Lance said before noticing her baby bump.

"Did ya get a new man in your life? I see you're havin' another baby," he said.

"No," Mackenzie said, "she just got fat. Thanks for bringing that up!"

Lance and Amber both laughed heartily.

"You see she got my sense of humor," Amber told him, guiding him into the shade of the garage.

"I see, indeed. Listen, I've only got a few minutes but I'm glad you're both here. Can we sit down for a bit?"

They went into the house and Mackenzie began pouring them each a cold drink. Lance began telling them the news immediately.

"Amber, we found your husband's killer. That's the good news. Obviously, there's going to be a lot of movement in the days and weeks to come with that but that's not why I'm here. The reason I'm here is because Luke is a part of this mess."

Mackenzie nearly dumped the pitcher over and Amber had her hands covering her nose and mouth while her eyes watered.

"He's at the hospital but it's bad, Amber. He's heavily malnourished, dehydrated and he won't speak to anyone. I ain't ever seen anyone that bad."

"Take me to the hospital," Amber said sternly.

"Momma," Mackenzie started before Amber slammed her fist onto the table.

"Someone take me to see my baby!" she demanded loudly.

Mackenzie looked at Lance and nodded. Lance nodded in return.

"I'll need to be heading to the station to begin processing the accused," he said, putting a hand in the middle of Amber's back, "Amber, nobody but me and a few of the guys know Luke is involved. Once we get everything situated and get more information, I'll be by again to let you know what has to happen next... or what doesn't have to happen."

"Thank you," Amber said as she sat trembling at the table.

"C'mon, Momma. Let's go," Mackenzie whispered to her mother. "Thank you, sir. Please get back to us as soon as you can," she told the officer.

"Yes, ma'am," he responded before walking out.

Mackenzie drove her mother to the hospital. Neither could believe the double-edged sword that fell on them that day. They talked and agreed it was good news on both parts but needed to know more. They thought based on what the officer told them that they would not get much information from Luke.

When they arrived at the hospital, they were shown Luke's room. He was in a secluded part of the hospital. The charge nurse explained the details of his condition.

"He won't speak to anyone. Every action we take is because of a test result that requires action to take. It's not that he won't acknowledge we're here, either, he just refuses to talk. He follows all the doctors and nurses around with his eyes, but that's it. He's got a saline drip and a food tube right now since those are our immediate concerns," she told them.

Amber nodded as she approached the door. She reached her hand out and withdrew it quickly. She turned to look at her daughter.

"Please go in and tell me it's him," Amber said.

Mackenzie agreed and slowly turned the knob of the door and opened it slowly. She walked in to see a young man laying on the bed with his attention turned toward the window. She approached his bed and made subtle noises to help calmly draw his attention without startling him.

"Luke," she said softly.

He turned to see who was there and simply stared at her. She stared back into his eyes and neither of them flinched. His eyes took in her entire appearance before returning to focus on her eyes. He began to show signs that he recognized her but turned away from her as he became emotional. She could see his body shake slightly and knew not to disturb him again. Instead, she brought her mother in and had her stand a few feet from his bed.

"Luke?" his mother whispered with a shake in her voice.

He turned around again and looked at her the same way he looked at Mackenzie. He didn't bother turning again before losing control of himself. His eyes clenched shut, his mouth opened, and he began silently sobbing uncontrollably. Amber and Mackenzie both approached him and put a hand on him. As soon as he felt their touch, he wailed loudly. The nurse rushed in to see what was happening as they had yet to hear his voice in any capacity. He sucked in long breaths of air and wailed again. When they went to remove their hands from him, he pulled them back to him. He eventually curled into a ball, loudly sobbing. The nurse eventually gave him a sedative and he fell asleep.

"Well, that's one step in the right direction, I guess," she told mother and daughter.

"What happened to him?" Amber asked.

"No explanation was given to us," she said. "He was brought in by ambulance and the police had told the techs only basic information. We assumed he wasn't dangerous since there was no escort or restraints."

"Okay," Amber told the nurse, "Thank you."

When the nurse left the room, Mackenzie told her mother she was going to step out quick and let Brian know what's happening and that they wouldn't be home for dinner. While she was out of the room, Amber consoled her son and repeatedly whispered to him that she was there and that he was safe. She acknowledged that she didn't know what happened to him, but that she would be there for him.

Over the course of the next several days, the identity of her husband's killer and her son's involvement became better known to the police. Lance had come to the hospital to talk to Amber and tell her what was happening.

"The person we have in custody is named Lindsey Claymore," Lance said, checking his notebook.

"A woman is responsible?" she asked.

"Best as we can figure, yes. Like your son, she won't talk. Rather, she can't talk."

"Why?" she asked.

Her tone regarding who she already dubbed the "Murderous Cunt" was dismissive and she didn't care who the woman was. She only wanted to know how her son was involved.

"We don't know all the details, but we've painted a picture of what likely happened. Only when one of them talks is when we will figure out the finer details. We know Luke was involved as his personal affects were found with her."

"Why were they there do you think?" Amber asked.

"Ma'am, we have a theory but it's..." he said, stopping to choose his words carefully. "Well, it's horrific."

Amber just started at him, waiting for him to explain.

"Well, it would seem your son had determined her role in your husband's death and took matters into his own hands. He did things to that woman over a very long period of time."

"What things?" she asked plainly.

She didn't very much care to know except that it might give insight into her son's condition. In her eyes, the woman deserved everything that happened to her. It wasn't until Lance told her what he knew that her feelings changed.

He described filthy conditions in which Luke had kept the woman tied up. He told Amber that based on the condition of the woman's ankles and wrists, she was kept tied up at all times. He went into detail about how there was evidence of repeated rapes in every imaginable way and scars showing multiple abortions or attempts at them. Amber's face twisted in horror. He continued describing multiple wounds to her body that indicate the woman was tortured for information or confession.

"This woman is still alive?" Amber asked with mild concern.

The emotions inside her began to shift. She realized her son may have become a monster. Someone who could commit atrocities against another human. She also rationalized that he may have been acting out of pure temporary insanity.

"She is alive and in a catatonic state," he replied. "She will have a police guard at all times just in case."

She stared at him blankly, asking her next question repeatedly in her head. He knew what she wanted to know and began addressing those concerns.

"As far as Luke goes, we found him nearby, on the property where we found the woman. He put up no fight but never said a word to us. I have his stuff with me now. According to our paperwork, we picked him up for..." he said louder, flipping through his notebook. "Yep, shoplifting. The store owners aren't pressing charges, so we can send him back to you with a misdemeanor charge."

Amber looked around quickly before quietly asking, "What if she talks one day?"

"She's crazier than a shit house rat, ma'am, I don't think there's too many who would be willing to or could even begin to believe her. I wouldn't worry too much about that."

"I see. Well, I appreciate you keeping me posted, Lance," Amber said as she was about to get up from the table and go back to her son.

"Well, I need ya to hold up there, Amber. There's something else," Lance told her.

Amber sat again.

"I noticed you're pregnant so the first thing I need is for you to take it easy with all this happenin' around here," he said with a warm smile.

"Oh, yes, Mackenzie is making sure of that and I'm sure she'll be extra vigilant of that now."

"I also noticed you packin' up your things at home. Are ya movin'?" he asked.

"Oh! Yeah, we're moving a few states over. Got some land with a house being built right in the center of it."

"Good. That's good," he said. He paused before delivering his ultimatum. "Amber, whether your son is right in the head or not, I need you to take him away from here. The further he is away from here, the less likely he can get caught up in this mess again."

Amber read the seriousness of his face and knew that he was doing her a favor. He was going to ignore all the wrong that Luke had done provided he never returned to be identified for the crimes. He would do all he can to ensure Luke's name never came up in the process of her trial and ultimate conviction as the police weren't interested in the circumstances of how their brother's killer was delivered to them. Amber agreed and said she would absolutely take care of that as soon as possible.

Over the next week, Luke began to physically improve but the demons inside him still toyed with his mind. He willingly came home with Amber and Mackenzie to the family home for the few days that remained until they were set to go live at his sister's house. He spoke randomly and nearly incoherently at times. Small progress was all it would ever be. Amber and Mackenzie had a talk the first night and agreed that Luke would not become privy to anything that was going on between them or Brian and his mother. No details of Amber's pregnancy would be revealed to him until he made their family whole again.

That same night, as Mackenzie laid on her own mattress on the floor, she was woken by the sounds of distress coming from Luke's room. She waited to see if he was simply having a nightmare, but as the muffled sobs continued, she went to him. She sat on the side of his bed and ran her fingers through his hair as he began to wake from the terror that was his nightmare.

"Kenzie," he whispered.

"It's okay, Luke. You're here with us, remember?"

He laid on the bed, breathing heavily. She continued trying to soothe him and her efforts seemed to not be in vain until he began to talk to her. Until then, he had only called out their names or random words that had no meaning by themselves in the moment they were spoken. It was in the early morning hours the following day that he confessed to her what happened.

"Whatever they tell you that happened there," he said, pausing for a long time. "Whatever they tell you that happened might be true."

Mackenzie didn't want to frighten him by being too invasive with her questions but wanted him to talk to her.

"Might be?" she asked quietly.

"I didn't do it," he said.

"Who did?" she asked patiently with genuine curiosity.

"I only took her."

She didn't know what to ask next. She continued rubbing his arm softly while she waited for him to continue.

"I paid them to do it. I watched it all," he said, curling up into a tight ball. "I watched everyone fuck her. I watched them hurt her."

"Who were they?"

"Bad people. They fucked her every way you can imagine and some you never want to."

Mackenzie began to understand her brother's torment. She didn't think him capable of such things. It made sense that he would get someone else to do those things, but she needed to know why.

"Why did they do those things to her?" she asked, still soothing him.

"I knew she did it," he stated plainly.

It was like the story was playing out in his head with all the information she and her mother needed but he could only say certain pieces at a time.

"I knew it," he added.

"What did she do?"

"She killed Dad. She finally admitted it to me," he huffed, pausing again. "They hurt her that day and she told me."

"She admitted it?" Mackenzie asked.

"I never fucked her, Mackenzie," he offered randomly.

"I'm glad you didn't," she assured him.

"I never came!" he cried loudly.

She leaned down to press her body against him to help make him feel safe and secure.

"Stop, Kenzie. I'm trying to tell you," He warned her.

"What are you trying to tell me, Luke?"

He pushed his sister away from him and rose from the bed. He wore only a pair of boxer shorts Amber picked up for him on their way home along with other new clothing items. He left the room without another word said. She heard the bathroom door close and thought the way she laid on him prompted him to remember he needed to use the bathroom.

She waited for him to return and after several minutes, couldn't hear a single sound coming from the bathroom. She tip-toed to the bathroom door and put her ear close. At first there was no sound but then came the frustrated groans. She listened to try and gain context but was suddenly startled by a loud bang followed by whimpering.

"Do you need help, Luke?" she asked, still unsure what the nature of the problem was.

"No, stay out," he warned her.

She listened a little while longer and all the sounds were repeating. She sensed growing frustration from him. She replayed the conversation they had in his room and she began putting two and two together.

"He's masturbating," she thought.

She didn't wait much longer before letting herself in. The dim light from the hall nightlight allowed her to confirm her suspicion. He was hiding his erection from her, begging her to leave him alone.

"I just want to help you, Luke," she said.

She walked up to him, got on one knee, and asked "Did you mean you never had an orgasm while all that was happening?"

He shook his head.

She debated whether she should act on the first thought that came to mind. They had agreed nothing would be revealed until the proper time, but Mackenzie wanted to help her brother. She resolved it would be for that purpose only and just that once. She stood and took his hand, pulling him up to a standing position. She positioned him so he was facing the sink and took her night gown off.

"I just want to help, Luke," she said, taking his soft cock in her hand. "Look at me."

He looked over to her and down into her eyes.

"I'm not your little sister anymore. I'm a grown woman now, can't you see?" she told him.

He resisted looking at her naked breasts.

"You can look at me, Luke."

His eyes relaxed and he looked at her chest. He began to stiffen in her hand.

"There we go," she said with a lighthearted chuckle. "Do you like what you're looking at?"

"I kept her naked the entire time," he admitted.

"Yes, but you don't want any harm to come to me, right?" she asked, only mostly sure of his answer.

He shook his head.

"Then never mind all that. I'm a young woman who's helping you have an orgasm right now."

He nodded. She pressed herself against him as she masturbated him over the sink She made sure one breast remained visible while the other's nipple pressed into his skin.

"You're safe with us, Luke. We want the man you once were back with us. I want to be your little sister again and I want my big brother back," she told him. "I know this isn't very sibling like, but you did what you thought was right to avenge our Dad and I'm doing what I think it right to help you get back where you need to be."

He leaned over and placed his hands on both edges of the sink. She could feel him working his hips forward and back slightly to help speed things up. Mackenzie felt okay doing what she was doing. She didn't consider what could happen if she couldn't make him finish and wasn't prepared to take any additional steps with her brother that night. She realized she put herself into a bad position and accepted that she may have to take things further to prevent disaster. Luckily for her, a loving touch was all he needed.

"Kenzie," he grunted.

"Cum in the sink, Luke. I'll clean it up," she whispered to him.

He quickly took control and jerked himself into the sink, nearly collapsing from the intensity of the orgasm. She held him up as best she could but remained with him until he was done. He remained huddled over the sink breathing deeply.

"Do you feel better?" she asked.

He attempted not to answer her as he reached down to pull up his boxers. She stopped him.

"Luke, I asked you a question," she told him. "I'm not in a rush to cover up. You shouldn't be either."

"I do feel better," he said, again reaching down to pull his boxers up.

She stopped him again and told him, "Clean yourself up first, okay?"

He nodded and while he cleaned himself, she put her night gown back on. She watched him restore his boxers as they were before and escorted him to his room. Before he laid down, she held out her arms.

"Can I have a hug?" she asked.

He held her lightly and squeezed her even less.

"You used to give better hugs. I'll need you to work on that."