Mother's Solace Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What are you doing, people are staring!" She chastised, in a low embarrassed voice.

I looked around, a few people had glanced but they turned back to whatever they were currently occupied with. It didn't really matter if they stared or not in my opinion, nothing mattered except me and Claire at the moment, albeit for selfish reasons I guess.

"So, let them stare it doesn't really matter."

"Its embarrassing," she said blushing

"Welp, better get used to it. Anyways, it's my turn to ask you a question now." Claire was still flustered so she didn't catch on that I still hadn't told her the specifics. I decided to ask her a casual question, something that I hadn't thought to ask her before for whatever reason.

"When you were in College what was your aspiration?"

Regaining her equanimity she began to think about the question. "Well.. I was majoring in Marine biology for a bit, I always had a fascination with the sea mammals, and the ocean. Swimming was always a big hobby of mine. I was going to try becoming a Marine Biologist, even though I had moments where I wanted to consider becoming a Sea Mammal Trainer. Your fa.. I mean John didn't approve of that though. He said there was a risk of getting hurt, as sea animals are still feral creatures. So I decided to try and stick to becoming the former."

That made sense, I remember mom taking me to Sea World for my tenth birthday, it was over summer break, a nice vacation in Orlando, Florida. It was really amazing how the trainers were in such synchronization with the dolphins. After the show we were allowed to go back stage and interact with the dolphins, mom was just as excited if not more than me when we got to touch them. It was an amazing experience over all. She rarely mentioned anything about it afterwards though, nothing enough to leave big enough hints that the study, and interaction of marine life was her passion. I must have indirectly stole the chance for her to pursue that career, no I did steal it away. I started to feel bad but I tossed the negative thought to the back of my mind.

"You could still try and pursue that career."

"No, I'm satisfied with what I have, it's rather manageable, besides I'm a bit more worried about what you do with your future, you still have time to decide what you want to major in though. Just don't let this opportunity go to waste Locke, your young, you have view of a vast horizon," she said

"Yeah, your right, but so can you Claire."

"Locke.. I.. never mind.."

I was about to say something but the waitress brought over our food. We ate in silence, until mom brought up the game again.

"So, lets see.. what was the craziest thing, you've ever done?" Claire asked

Even though I no longer had the drive to play I didn't plan on ruining the date so I continued.

"I haven't really done anything that out of the norm, well besides.. you know I guess us. Hmm, I guess the craziest thing I did was back-flipping off a trampoline into a pool, during a sleep-over."

Gazing into Claire's eye I could tell she wanted to scold me as it was rather reckless, but she was the one who asked the question. Besides we already agreed, no motherly or son related responses.

"Ok, well it's your turn to ask something," she said sticking her fork into a piece of pancake and taking a bite.

"Have you ever had any sexual encounters with another girl, if so who was it with?"

She stopped chewing, and the color drained from her face for brief moment, before swallowing her food down. Claire looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"Umm, I think I'll use one of my passes now." she giggled tensely.

A great number of questions were racing through my head at this point, but the most obvious one would be

"Who was it?"

"Uh-uh, remember the agreement we made it clear that we could choose three questions not to answer."

I made no attempt to hide my disappointment.

"Wow, how lame." I said pouting.

"Don't give me that sad sappy face, you can pass on three questions too."

"There's nothing, I'd hold back from you though..." I told her taking a bite of my pancake.

"Wow, really ok then, if you had to sleep with either Denise or Melany who would it be? And don't even think about saying neither."

"That's a bit of an unfair question, don't you think?"

"No, not really why would it be? Neither of them are here."

"I'll use my pass."

"I thought you said you wouldn't hold anything back from me."

"You won't get jealous or anything, will you?" I warily asked her.

"I have no reason too."

"Just because you don't have a valid reason doesn't mean you won't."

She didn't respond.

"If you really want to know, I'll tell you I guess I would end up sleeping wit-"

Claire leaned her head against my shoulder. "I don't want to hear who you'd pick," she whispered in a calm voice.

We just sat there in silence listening to the bustling of the other people in the cafe. Finally I decided to speak up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to guilt-trip you, or to try and make you feel bad for not answering."

Mom lifted her head up and pecked me on the cheek. "I know honey, I'm sorry I overreacted. I'm really not as mature as I'd like to believe."

Digging into a piece of syrupy pancake I lifted it to Claire's lips. A small smile ran across her face before taking it into her mouth. We decided to postpone the game, and just chat. She was a lot less nervous now than early. After we finished eating we paid the bill, and left. "So to the mall now?" I asked in a unexcited tone Claire saw that I wasn't exactly estatic, but she reassured me saying that we wouldn't be getting a lot.

***

We ended up going to a variety of stores inside the mall, first into a house product section to get some incenses and cleaning supplies. After that she somehow ended up dragging me into the beauty supply section. Claire ended up grabbing some skin supply products, and also ended up talking a bit with the clerk, about long wavy hair styles that would go good with her features. I always thought there was no real need for the opinion of anyone else, Mom was always capable of looking nice no matter what hairstyle she wore.

After leaving the beauty supply store, we were walking past stores, when I saw two shirts up in display. They were couple shirts, one said "Together" and was in a light blue, along with a half-heart, while the other one said "Forever" which was pink, and had the same half heart. Mom ended up look in the same direction as me.

"Those shirts are really cute aren't they?" She asked but for some reason she didn't sound to enthused.

"Yeah, we should get them, I think they'd look nice on us."

Mom mumbled something, that was barely audible but I managed to pick it up. "Together forever, huh.. that would be nice.."

"Earth to Claire.."

"Huh" she said snapping out of daze.

"We should buy them, they'd look really cute on us."

"Okay," she responded, smiling at me.

The store was named Spencers, and I had never gone in before, I knew it was a novelty shop, but had I known they sell rated R miscellaneous items I probably wouldn't of went in. Grabbing the shirts we made our way to the counter, when a female who looked to be in her late 20s came up to the register.

"Aww, you two look really cute." The lady said.

Claire, smiled and leaned into my arms. "Really, you think so?" She blushed.

"Yup, are you buying those." she said pointing to the shirts. I lifted them up and handed them to her.

"That's really adorable, we rarely see couples in here, ya know. I'm sure you guys are going to be together a very long time. You know we have some other products that you guys might be interested in."

"Oh, really, what's that?" I asked

Following the saleslady to the back of the store we gazed upon the wall. My eyes must have bulged out my head, my mouth ran dry, and my heart rate must have increased ten-fold. Displayed on the walls were sex toys. Everything from whips, gag balls, and restraint cuffs to vibrating dildos, fleshlights, and lubricant. I looked to Claire, she was gazing at the floor, her cheeks as red as tomatoes. Speechless would be the right term to describe the look on her face.

"We aren't really looking to bu-"

But I was too late she began her crappy sale-pitch recommendation.

"We have an amazing penis ring, it has 3 levels of vibration and it's stretchable the material is soft and smooth, it will feel amazing for your girlfriend here when you go deep and it hits her clit." She said grinning.

All I could do was give a perplex stare. I looked at Claire, she still didn't say anything, although she did have a spark of interest in her eye, the clerk saw this.

"And over here we have a dual package fleshlight and vibrating dildo this bad boy,"she said rubbing the picture of the red dildo," is perfect for when your boyfriend's away and you feel like getting frisky, or even if he just wants to watch you," she said winking."It's 6 inches, and the vibration will easily stimulate your g-spot, you'll be gushing like a waterfall.

As for you, this may not be appropriate of me to ask for how big are you? The sleeve of the fleshlight is about 6.5 inches, but the canal is a little bit wider for guys with a little bit more girth.

"I..umm never really measured myself.. I mean I guess.."

"He is pretty big, I think he's at least eight inches." Claire whispered embarrassed.

I turned to look at her in shock. Like did she really just say that? I don't know what was more surprising, that she actually seemed to be considering it or that she just blurted out that I was big to a total stranger. Claire didn't look into my eyes, but she must have saw me out of her peripheral vision, she shrugged slightly, still blushing.

The saleslady looked at me with a smirk. Big and handsome meow, aren't you a lucky thing, dollface. We were caught in the clerk's grasp, she showed us at least seven more sex toys, and put so much effort into being friendly and giving her personal favorite recommendations. We would have ended up feeling rather guilty, if we had declined, so mom ended up buying a body massage wand, while I ended up getting the vibrating cock ring. We hurried and left the store after buying the shirts and the tools.

It was around noon, so we stopped by the food court and ordered some food. Claire ended up bringing what happened in the store up while we ate.

"I never knew they actually had that stuff in stores, and I never would have guessed in a mall of all places!"

"I was pretty surprised myself, I was expecting the store to be similar to 'Hot Topic', I can see that is and more now."

"Oh my god, and that clerk actually lured us into buying sex toys," she said in disbelief.

"Hey, I wasn't the one who went along with it telling her my size," I smirked.

"I..I..just wanted to help, you weren't objecting so I figured we were probably going to end up buying something at that point."

"It's kind of hard, when you are dealing with aggressive sales people like that, I didn't want to act like a jackass, but you actually seemed to be getting into it, hell I saw the way you were stealing glances at that dolphin vibrator."

Claire mouthed the words 'Oh my god', and I had to agree maybe I took it a tad bit far. But it was only harmless play!

"At least I wasn't drooling over those restraint cuffs, you perverted masochist!" she hissed.

"Hey hey hey, you looked too don't act like I'm the only one who took interest. Besides I was thinking of tying you up, not the other way around." I purred.

I caught her off guard, she was completely flustered. I was going to continue to tease her just because she's so easy to mess with, but that could have some repercussions.

"Y..You..r..really thought about tying me up?" she asked rubbing her thighs together.

"Are you secretly submissive, Claire?" I questioned, raising my eyebrow.

"Yes.. I mean no.. I mean, I don't know.. I've had dreams about you being aggressive and a bit forceful with me." she blushed.

"You want to be treated like an item?"

Claire shook her head in response.

"No, I just want to be all yours, and to feel as though you'd go through any lengths to have me."

"I would go through any lengths to be with you, Claire." I told her, taking her hand into mine.

"Never mind, I'm just being silly," she said. "But thanks." She gave me a smile to show that she appreciated the sentiment. We resumed playing the 21 questions game while we ate, it's amazing what you can learn about a person under different circumstances. We mostly asked each other silly questions we wanted to avoid asking anything that would drudge up bad memories. So we asked questions like "What was the most embarrassing thing you've ever done?", and "What do you find the most interesting about me?"

After lunch we decided to visit a few more stores in the mall eventually we got bored, there was nothing of interest so we left. "So where are we heading next? I asked

"Mmm, do you want to head home? We kind of have a load on our hands, I didn't mean to buy so much stuff."

"True, I don't feel like lugging all this around especially not since we have a massage wand, and ring in here." I smirked lifting the spencer's bag."

"Locke, cut it out." She proceeded to swat the bag down.

"Let's head to the park after we put the stuff away." I suggested

"That would be nice," she agreed.

***

At the house we put away the stuff we got from the mall. When the phone rang, the call was from grandma. Claire had a slightly hesitant look before striding over to pick up the phone.

"Hello Momma, how are you?" she asked smiling.

"Really, that's great how is it in Iceland?"

Grandma ends up traveling a lot nowadays, Pop had died around seven months ago, he had a heart attack due to a combination of his coronary artery being backed up, and him having a weak heart. Grandma was out shopping at the time when it happened, when back to the house it was already too late. The doctors did an autopsy, and confirmed that he had died due to heart failure.

It was a devastating time for all of us, but grandma was always so strong, she didn't cry not when she told us the news or at the funeral. You could see the pain in her eyes, but I'm guessing she kept it bottled inside. Around two months after his death, she announced that she would be traveling a lot, there were places she and grandpa had planned on going but never got the chance too. So she decided it was best to go now, and see it for the both of them. Grandma certainly had the money from papa's death, along with his and her pension she would be able to travel quite a bit.

"Locke, Nana wants to speak to you."

Taking the phone I answered, "Hi Nana"

"Why hello, hows my baby doing?"

"I'm fine, school is going well, how are you holding up in Iceland?"

"Oh honey, it's simply marvelous, I'm staying in Reykjavík currently, and it's beautiful. I'm currently on the tour, and in two days I get to go to the Golden Circle, isn't that exciting?!"

We continued chatting for a bit, until she had to go. "Claire, are you ready?"

"Yeah, I'm coming," she said as she came from upstairs.

I gazed at her face, it looked like she had been crying, her eyes were slightly red.

"Are you alright, Claire?"

"I'm fine, let's go shall we?" she said sniffling, while walking past me.

I grabbed her wrist bringing her to a halt.

"You remember what I said yesterday, right?"

She smiled, looked at me and said, "I...do honestly...Locke it's.. nothing.."

Letting her hand go I mumbled, "Back to square one it seems."

"Did you say something?"

"Lets go."

***

The trip to the park was silent, we didn't talk. There was too much on the both of our minds. I was trying to find out what exactly she was keeping from me. I thought I convinced her yesterday that there would be no secrets between us, but looks like I failed. I was beginning to wonder if this would even work. I was willing to go all the way for her, but she didn't seem to feel the same.

Entering the park we sat down on a bench near the playground. Kids were running around the perimeter, climbing up on monkey bars beneath the foliage of the trees. I looked over at Claire, her right arm was making slow circles, around her stomach, as if massaging it. Claire had a look of indifference on her face as we watched the kids play.

"Hey, Claire, can I ask you something?"

"Hmmm?"

"Do you regret what's happened between us? I mean am I making you even more miserable?"

"No, I haven't been this happy in a long time, I'm just feeling a bit conflicted is all."

"I see, I'm guessing the call with Grandma had something to do with it."

"That's part of it, I tried to imagine me telling her about this--about us, and it pains my heart, because I really can't see her taking it well. She wouldn't support us.."

I could understand that, grandma was pretty open minded when it came to things, but incest was something she would likely never agree with.

I wanted to ask mother her feelings, I knew I felt we could the relationship work, but did she feel the same?

"Claire, I want to ask you something and please be honest."

"I'll try.."

"Do you think this can work, not the relationship as mother and son, but as lovers. I know I told you we can, but I never got your answer."

Claire hesitated for a bit, then she looked me in the eyes, "No, I don't."

So she didn't feel it could work out, her words stung, a miserable feeling washed over me, but I can't say this was unexpected. Not everyone could be expected to do whatever it took to be with the other person and I guess it was something I had to learn to deal with.

"Let's go home," I said standing up.

"Wait.." she said grabbing my hand.

I looked down at her, I could see the pain in her eyes.

"Please, Locke sit, just listen to me, okay?"

I became irritated, just what was there for me to listen too? She made her point, she didn't believe this relationship would go anywhere. Sure, maybe her love extended past the feelings of a mother for me, but they obviously weren't enough. I looked down at her, Claire's eyes were pleading. I sat down and waited for her to explain.

"I don't think it will work, but it's not that I don't want it too."

"You just aren't willing to try.."

"Please, just try to see it from my point of view.."

She then explained to me how she felt about the situation, her feelings as a mother and her sense of right and wrong were conflicting with her emotional romantic attachment, that her insecurities about her age were also a factor. She felt I should fall in love with someone closer to my age, and she also proceeded to tell me that I would end up getting tired of her sooner or later, and wouldn't find her attractive anymore. Which was complete bullshit. She told me I deserved to have kids and a wife one day, and that couldn't happen with her. I tried to explain to her that I didn't care that we had to hide our relationship, and I also told her we could work something out about having children. Claire just shook her head, telling me I was being naive.

"Things change," She said looking down.

"So, what you want us to go back to the way things were before?"

"No, we're already in too deep for that."

"Then... what? I'm not understanding what you want."

"I still want us to continue, Its really nice going out like this, getting to know you as not only my son or friend, but as a person I'm openly in love with. I love you so much, sweetie. I just want you to have a happy life, you're going to have enough complications as it is."

Seeing the puzzled look on my face she continued.

"Let's keep going."

What the hell, she just contradicting everything she said earlier, she wants to keep going out yet she just told me that we shouldn't be together.