Mothers, Wives, Daughters. Ch. 01

Story Info
Bad Things Happen to Good People.
7k words
42.4k
66
0

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/23/2023
Created 07/31/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This isn't a stroke story. It doesn't contain lengthy vivid sex acts. It is multi chapters. It is wordy. It deals with cheating, infidelity and unknowing partners who find resolution in their own way. And no, they don't submissively 'go with it'. There are some violent acts portrayed none of which end in death or jail.

I'm not about favorites, story ratings. I do look at reader numbers. So, to the 100 people that read my stories - thank you, I appreciate it. Answers to commentators require honest answers but my real job makes life pretty busy all the damn time and I'm lazy. Any and all writing, spelling and punctuation errors are mine. Have a great day

  1. 'thongs or jandals' are flip-flops. (Oh, and yeah - thongs are also still thongs.)
  2. 'arvo' is afternoon.
  3. 'knob' name for someone distasteful, perceived stupid or disliked.
  4. 'Mate' is anybody you're talking to at the time through to very good friends. Mate is not gender specific.
  5. 'evils' is a harsh stare, sometimes with threat.
  6. 'to have (or not have) the nouse' means somebody has (or inversely doesn't have) the good sense, intelligence to understand the present situation.
  7. 'biff-o' to get biffed, tossed or thrown away.
  8. Inner Circle: Australian made black rum.

------- ----------- -----------

CHAPTER 01. Bad Things Happen to Good People.

Call it a case of blind luck. Thats my name for it. That she had chosen the exact same restaurant as I had was not a problem. She wasn't hiding her presence. The person she was meeting sitting patiently waiting for her. I recognized him when he stood, turned where I could see his profile. The actions of the two people thus far did not worry me.

What occurred after that point in time did. It was the very passionate greeting they gave each other that tormented me. It wasn't a kiss shared between life-long friends with loving partners who shared that very same friendship, it was a lovers connection.

Unfortunately my business partner sat to my immediate left, glimpsed the same interaction between the couple.

Why unfortunately?

Two reasons. Number one; the male character in this little drama happens to be his Father, Allen Dunning. My business partner being Brian Dunning. The woman wasn't his Mum Nicola.

The other reason it being an unfortunate incident, well for Brian anyway, has to do with both his reaction and subsequent response to what he observed. He also new the identity of the woman. Looking at the situation positively the fact that the client we were dining with was by himself left the chair to his right vacant and directly across from Brian.

The final prop in this sequence happened to be a bowl of the Chefs famous mushroom soup, well not the whole plate, just the mouthful Brian was about to swallow.

There was a moment of panic, mostly from the waiting staff as they hastily cleaned up the area with a profusion of apologies and a show of sympathy as they surrounded Brian and the table, both being hastily wiped clean. It was a curious situation, the staff departed complete with the bowl of rogue mushroom soup, the head of house offering our meals for free.

Our client lent over the table beckoning us closer so he could speak without being overheard, "I heard the Maître de tell one of the waiters to go tell the chef the mushroom soup was off the menu. I don't think you're the only one to have a reaction to the soup today Brian."

A recovering Brian and I looked at each other with knowing smiles, 'Yeah let's go with that then.'

So I guess that just leaves the identity of the woman Allen Dunning was entertaining? Well she just happened to be my Mother, Gayle Forrest, I'm Regan Forrest.

I'd forgotten about our fraudulent parents making eyes at each other. If we'd been sighted in the ruckus there'd be uneasy stares in both directions by now. Cliff and Brian were conversing over the main, although Brian was keeping an eye on the couple. I excused myself stating I had an incoming call and disappeared to the bar area.

My cell in hand I rang my dad, Mike. "Hey Reeg."

"Hey Dad Brian and I are off to lunch. I thought I saw mum going into Halloways. The Voyage restaurant not the hotel. We thought we'd catch up with her."

"Ah yes do it Regan, it'll give her a big surprise. Nicky will be there too they're meeting up for lunch, and she'll catch up with Brian too. Great stuff Reeg."

" Have you heard from Pam Dad?" I may need my sister Pamela looped in with our little 'wandering Mum' problem.

"Yep, home end of this week. Dans' happy I think they've both gone a bit stir crazy away from each other. Sacrifices of the job though. You know how that goes Son. How's Kacey Reeg?"

"Yeah good Dad. Thats still a no to the grand-kid question. OK gonna go now I'll see ya. Brians giving me the evils, hungry I guess. I'll text mum now."

"OK Reeg. Enjoy yourselves. And Regan - thank you son."

"You're welcome sir. Love you Dad."

I stood staring at my phone. Forced myself to swallow hard. 'Get your head in the game.... NOW!'

I tapped out 'hey mum, saw you going into voyage, ur meeting nicky too? me and brian on our way out to lunch see you in a couple of minutes. reeg' - send. Try that one on Mumsie.

I moved to my seat trying to not attract attention. Brian and Cliff both talking although I could see questions on my partners face. Cliff had told us when we invited him to lunch he wasn't going to hold us up, he had meetings all day before he caught a flight home tonight, so I was just in time to shake his hand.

We sat quietly watching our two parents interact. "Watch what happens mate." I opened my cell so he could view the text I'd sent. A grunt and a snort was the only return I got. Then quickly he got to his feet, "Reeg, get the bill please I'm gonna go out the back exit circle round and catch the old man as he comes out the front entrance. I will not let him sneak outta this."

That just left me to get to my mother. Confident I could wing it without her seeing which direction I came from. I tap-n-go'ed the bill, "Of course I'm paying for the meal, there's nothing wrong with the food."

Mum looked at her cell sitting on the table realizing she'd missed a call. Allen must have past a remark they both found humorous as that megawatt smile my mum could always call on to brighten the world around her appeared. As she read, reality struck, they shared a look at my text. Not long, it did state we'd be meeting her shortly so I'm guessing the look of horror on their faces hopefully reflected the panic settling in.

Allen bounced to his feet and scrambled away passing a quick comment to my mother as he left. They'd drawn attention to themselves and now she was apologizing to all around her for their behavior.

The head of house had witnessed the drama unfold made his way to my mothers table. I had snuck out of my seat and her field of vision walking to where the Maître de was standing. He'd queried her when I was three or four steps away, "Is everything to your liking Mrs Dunning? Is your husband alright?"

"SHE is not Mrs Dunning. SHE happens to be Mrs Gayle Forrest. For now."

Frederic turned so fast to face me I was surprised he didn't pass out, "No. I think you are mistaken young man Mrs Dunning and her husband frequent our establishment regularly."

What possibly could I answer to that statement?! Oh wait a minute, "So. Mum. Is what Frederic saying correct and when did you tell Dad? Geez I betcha hes' pissed."

Frederic suspected he knew who I was, his finger first pointed at me and then to where I'd been sitting and then back again, "Um sir weren't you...ahhh." Yeah. And then realization kicked in.

We stood stock still staring at each other, I suspected that he was trying to figure out how to deal with the situation. I broke my stare and couldn't prevent a small little smile breaking out.

I took a look around. Time for a cliché - 'you could've heard a pin drop'. All eyes were on my friend and I or the faux Mrs Dunning who hadn't uttered a word.

A meal and theater - you pay good money for that.

Frederic came out of his daze, hard swallowed and with wisdom beyond his years began, "Mrs. Forrest? Sir. If I could ask of you to show some respect to my other customers I will allow you to both sit at this table quietly and without raising your voices converse. I must insist that when things are settled and the other patrons resume their pleasantries that in a timely fashion you please leave. Good day to you both."

I looked across the table at my mother. She stared straight into my eyes. I couldn't read her look though it flittered through my brain pan that it was a look she'd be giving a stranger. Maybe a stranger who'd just insulted her? Either way it wasn't the look you'd give to a son or other family member, "This. Whatever you think you saw, has nothing to do with you Regan."

I guess she was expecting a quick retort. Didn't come. Glimpsed out of the corner of my eye the lady across from me, fork paused within inches of her mouth looking in my direction unabashedly, waiting for my reply. The silence hung.

"Michael and I have been married thirty-two years, Michael? What's this Michael horse-shit! What the fuck happened to just plain good old Mike? I might add thirty-two brilliant years son and not once have we betrayed each others love. Still. I feel there are times when I just need a little break away, some adult time, me time if you like. So we may recharge. That look she had stuck me with - gone. Replaced by a sickly put-on condescending smile. I guess we're entering Act Two So while your dad has his old motorbikes and his garden I've chosen the foodie path. Dining out. Good food and good friends. A time to relax, share some moments. Purely platonic moments sharing our enjoyment."

" That kiss you and Allen shared. The one on my phone I lied. Shall I send it to 'Michael' and see what his take would be on your purely platonic adventures?" I couldn't call her Mum. Funny thing is I felt no guilt.

I pulled my cell out of my pocket, made to bring up my dad's number, "Regan! No! Please! Honey no. Wait. Okay. No you're right. Um. It wouldn't look right. I admit it. The kiss was a little over-zealous."

"Over-zealous! That kiss wasn't over-zealous. It was familiar. Not the first time. Intimate and sexual."

"REGAN! Even though our audience were entranced by the drama in front of them I saw two jump in their seats with my mothers reply. Regan. Son. I assure you nothing intimate or sexual has or is going on with Allen. Believe me."

I rose from my seat, "I'd suggest we should leave. I'm guessing by the scowl on Frederic's face we've outlived our welcome. Besides you'll be needing to get home and try to defuse the situation with Michael."

"Regan. Please leave your father out of the conversation. Please. I reiterate the situation is purely platonic and doesn't warrant anybody getting upset about things needlessly."

"Well good luck with your story. If that's what you're going with but I'm pretty sure that when Brian gets through telling his mum and your husband what the two of you were doing, you're gonna need a bullet-proof argument."

I just couldn't call my mother 'Mum'. Nope. No how. And not right now. "Bub-bye" dropped out, sarcastically.

She quickly stood grabbing her belongings and raced after me, "Regan, please. Don't damage our family honey. Please. Can you and Brian consider all the circumstances before you both do something that may well destroy our families. Please just think calmly and rationally. Think about things before... Before..."

"Pulling the trigger? Is that what you were about to say?"

There was a look of regret and despondency on my mothers face as she realized the gravity of the situation she was faced with.

We'd reached the busy foyer which shared the entrance to the hotel lobby. I wandered over to the unoccupied hotel guest seating area and waited for Brian. She stood next to me, "Regan honey, can we talk for a minute without you being angry at me. I know I'm in the wrong. I know I need to put this right. If you and Brian will give me time one way or another could you let me fix this?"

Could I? Yeah I could. I could pull it off. But for one thing. An angry looking Brian was coming through the door headed straight towards us. My forlorn looking mother and I stood, she finding it hard too look anywhere other than the floor, "Four months! Four bloody months they've been doing this shit! He's not only not denying it. He's all but fucking proud of himself over it all. Can you believe it!? Did SHE say anything?"

I shook my head. I'd started to feel my anger build with Brian's revelations but thought it wise not to comment. A lot of questions I could've aimed at my Mother but my friends distraught look was enough for me to decide to keep it to myself.

"Mums devastated Reeg. Absolutely devastated. Not at the old man. But at being back stabbed by her best friend."

I heard my Mother gasp and issue a soft little moan. I took a sideways glance at her and she was not looking good.

A hand on each shoulder I guided her to the nearest chair as she bent grabbing the arm of it with both hands she swiveled her body around and plonked down. Her purse dropped to the floor, some of the contents fell out.

She had colored grey, her face a mask of horror and tears looked not too far away.

Brian traced our steps, "I just got off the phone to mum. I'm gonna head off home. See what I can do. Brian turned, glaring at my mother, And you. I hope you've got more of a bloody conscience about what you've done than my fucking old man."

I spoke, "Brian, call me if you need anything. And talk to Eloise (Brian's wife). She's brilliant in situations like this. Don't worry about the office the others will be all over it. Go." With a bit of new resolve and a quick nod he was gone. I watched his departure wishing the next problem weren't mine.

I sat down across from my mother. She wasn't handling the present situation at all well, "Regan. I'm so ashamed. And embarrassed. But its about to get worse." Her eyes turned to me but they weren't seeing. I was just a reference point, "Now I get to break the heart of the one man who has loved and adored me and I have loved and adored him for thirty-five years. I get to tell him that his cheating adulteress wife through her selfish actions has destroyed at least two marriages and probably countless relationships."

"Regan. Son please in the not too distant future please try to forgive your Mother for what shes wrecked. I know nows not the time. I know you're angry at what I've done but please don't stay angry at me forever. Please."

Goddamn you Mum! "If dad needs his space you can stay with Kase and I, She tilted her head and looked at me questioningly, No. I'm not taking sides and at this stage I really feel and worry for dad. You know I've not asked Kase. Given she thinks the sun shines outta your wrinkle getting her to say 'yes' won't be the hardest thing although after your latest misadventure? We won't see you destitute. If you need somewhere to stay is all I'm saying."

"Reeg. Thank you Son but I'm not about to inject myself between you and Kasey. If needs be I'll sleep on the floor of your Dads workshop but thank you honey. I have to go." With that she was gone.

Work was a non event. It's fine, we've a great crew that work it out and get stuff done. I spent the time deciding a course of action. I'd get an update from Brian where he and his family were at and then decide from there. I did decide to bring my Sister into the loop but she wasn't in country. Her job is intense, requires a huge degree of focus and going by what Dad said they must be near finalizing plans.

So I called Dan, Pamela's partner. He could gauge when it'd be best to tell her probably based on her stress levels. He was pretty damn happy I'd gone to him Jen had admitted she was fed up with her job at the moment. He also works in the same law office as Allen Dunning so he thought that the 'heads-up' was appropriate.

------- ----------- -----------

So, Kasey. We're both thirty, been together six years, married four. She is absolutely beautiful. The deepest sparkly green eyes ever, her girlfriends compare her facially to Catherine Heigel. I admit theres maybe a passing resemblance I hinted that if she is similar in looks to my wife well, Catherine is a very lucky girl.

Kase stands at five foot eight inches tall. She found a college photo of my ex girlfriend and me on-line. Abigail was gifted with big boobs and Kasey suggested I must be disappointed with her smaller variety. I'm not enamored with any one particular part of a womans physique never was. I told Kase she fulfilled the 'Goldilocks Clause' - not too big,, not too small. Just right.

Too tell the truth with Kase I'm enamored and in love with the whole damn package especially the top two inches - you know: the bit that tells her despite all the warning signs she loves a dummy like me. Shes' lithe not skinny. Light weights and the occasional gym trip gives her frame good muscle definition. Add in the head crushing power of my womans sexy thighs - and WOW!

So, I needed to pick the time I'd tell Kasey. Providing somebody hadn't already told her, Eloise or my Mother may have talked to her.

I called Brian. Nicola Dunning is a competent, efficient and focused person. A business director, semi-retired(by choice) and success in all she does follows her. So, no surprise she had all her ducks in a row. She'd informed her husband to disappear but not far enough that she couldn't get in touch. A meeting with a divorce attorney was planned and she had secured her financial requirements.

Brian asked how my dad was holding up, Nicola was reaching out to him shortly I asked if they could wait at least 'til tonight to give my mother time to talk to dad.

They'd decided to forgo telling Eloise what was going on and talk to her together. Eloise and Kasey are alike she gets on real well with her Mother-in-law and its mutual. Eloise is like Nicola's third daughter. Eloise, Kasey and Nicola and my mum do a lot together.

They'd both talked to Brian's two Sisters. 'Perplexed' was how Brian said they felt with the news. I know Faith and Linda well so 'Shitted' would've been a better definition. There looked to be no way around telling Kasey tonight.

------- ----------- -----------

Kase and I bought a do'er-upper house in a semi-rural community and we are half way through renovation. The kitchen is one part that is properly done complete to how Kasey wants it. It's her bolt hole. The place at the end of the day she finds solace. How that works I don't know. She spends her working day focused primarily on organizing things and people. How she finds calm in coming home and doing it again is beyond me. I'm allowed to use her kitchen to make meals but only with her there.

Walking in the door I followed the smell. She'd changed out of her day clothes into stuff she'd named 'Ours'.

Tonights ensemble consisted of a pair of my woollen work socks, a pair of my boxers and an old business shirt, again mine.

Stood with her back to me twirling a glass of wine that sat on her bench - tonight the wine glass is the prop. Tomorrow? Who knows. She stands with weight on her right leg body lent against whatever, tonight it was her island, the other leg bent with her foot extended off the floor and her toes bent under.

I noted the stance, the pose early in our relationship. It comes at the successful completion of whatever has been her focus. Her contented pose. Sexy as hell.

Sensing me her head turns enough I can see a half smile, "Enjoying the view?"

12