Moving On: Alexia Ch. 05

Story Info
A joining; a visit home.
8.2k words
4.76
5.4k
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hope you are still enjoying the story. There will probably one or possibly two more chapters written in this branch of the tree. I call it a branch because every story I write leaves itself open for another part of the tale to be written.

But first of all, let me thank you, my fellow readers for your support. You all give me a reason to keep on. As long as you keep reading, I'll keep writing.

All characters are 18 or older. Thanks again for reading.

Chapter 5

The next morning, Dr. Jee came in to examine Alexia. She had recovered from the birth of her son, but was still showing side effects from the drug Katrina injected into her. They wanted to keep her one more day to treat her and make sure the poison was out of her system.

"Wait, I nursed the baby. Will the drug hurt him?" Alexia asked concerned.

Dr. Jee smiled, "Keon was perfectly safe. The agent she used attacked your nerves, and because of your unique makeup, the milk you produce is immune to the effects. Keon was never in any danger. You know, you might be able to go home in a few days, but Little Man has to stay at least another week, we want to get his weight up to six pounds. It won't take long. He has a healthy appetite and is already at 5.8 pounds. Keeping him a few more days is just a precaution." He explained.

"Wait, I have to feed him. How will he eat if I'm home?" Alexia asked, not wanting to leave her son.

Dr. Jee smiled, "Alexia, you will be released, but we both know you will be at this hospital day and night. Also, you can express milk daily for him. Listen, your son is in good hands. Don't worry."

Kwame held her hand. Soon, she calmed down. Keon was healthy, and he was not harmed. Kwame had not left her side. They were a family and they would be ok. Alexia whispered, "It'll be alright. Our baby is perfect. I can't believe him we have to leave in here for several more days." She griped. Kwame smiled. Kwame was relieved because he didn't want her released if she was not ready.

"Dr. Jee, may I go see Daddy? I need to see him. Where is momma?" Alexia asked. She was worried and needed to see for herself what was happening with her father and worried about her mom. Where was Momma? Was she being care for? How was she handling this? Daddy never left her side, what was she thinking?

Dr. Jee explained. "He's in intensive care. They won't let you in the room, but you can see him from the hall. Alexia, I must warn you, he is critical so don't be alarmed by the equipment that you'll see being used." Alexia nodded, and Kwame pushed her to the ICU unit. At the first sight of her Dad, Alexia almost screamed. All she saw was wires, tape, and machines. Bo was covered in white and so pale. He looked so frail and weak. He no longer resembled the tall, strong man that carried her on his broad shoulders in her youth. She cried through her tears as she recalled memories of how strong and powerful her dad used to be. Kwame held her close. Right now, he was the most despised person in this pack, but Alexia was his to protect. Unless she told him to go, then he was not leaving.

Lexi was there and when she saw Alexia and Kwame, she rushed out to meet them. "He's fighting Alexia. The doctor said, he's growing stronger each day." Lexi explained.

Alexia nodded. She couldn't speak. She prayed that this time her mother was right and not just living on a hope or promise. Lexi shook, and Alexia held her mom's hand. Lexi held her daughter's hand so tightly that her hand actually hurt, but Alexia didn't care.

One of the machines began to beep, and the nurses closed the curtain. Lexi cried, and Alexia tried to comfort her. One of the nurses came out and asked the family to move to one of the private waiting rooms. Kwame guided both women from the hall. Tia joined them and assured them that the doctors and nurses were doing everything they could to help Bo. She was staying with them until they had news. Levin arrived, as did Reina. Soon, Alexia needed rest.

Time dragged on slowly. Lexi and Alexia were worried. Everyone stood with them waiting. Declan and deacon arrived and refused to leave their side. No one knew how long they waited, but it felt like an eternity.

"Alexia, let me take you back to your room." Kwame suggested. "You need to rest."

"No, Momma needs me." She protested when Lexi spoke.

"Alexia, please, go rest. I'll keep watch over your daddy, OK. I need you to get well. Go, rest." Lexi whispered to her. She still refused to go. Tia touched her arm.

Tia was right there beside her. Alexia looked at her aunt. Tia smiled. "I've got her." She whispered.

"Come on, let's go back to your room. You need to rest." Kwame suggested once again.

"Momma?" Alexia asked.

Lexi smiled and nodded, "I'm ok."

Alexia agreed to go. She looked at everyone there and told them. "Come get me as soon as you know something, promise."

Lexi smiled, "I will."

"We've got this Lexia. Deacon and I are not leaving." Declan explained.

Alexia asked to see her son, and the nurse brought Keon to the room. She held him. She cried. She prayed he had the chance to know his grandfather. Poppa would spoil him so much.

Kwame sat beside her bed, trying to comfort her as she held the baby. She yawned, "Let me get him. Try to sleep, OK." He suggested. Alexia gave the baby to him. He held him beside her as she tried to nap.

******

Earlier the next morning, Lacy and Randall were headed to Louisiana. Aunt Francine told her that Alexia had the baby and was in the hospital. Her father, Bo, was seriously ill, and Alexia needed a friend right now. She had to get to the hospital. She wanted to vanish in, but uncle Dermic said he'd prefer if she and Randall went together. Lacy and Randall were almost in Shreveport when Lacy began to cry softly. "Babe, what's wrong?"

"Alexia has done so much for everyone else. She never ask for anything. Her parents are her world. Do you know she found a cure for dementia? The government won't approve it, but she did the research and developed the medicine herself that can help her mother. She didn't even want to leave her parents in the first place. But the University would fund her research. That's why we were in Bridgeport. If he dies, Alexia will lose the one person that means the world to her." Lacy sobbed.

Randall pulled her into his arms. He nodded. He was right there in Bridgeport with them. He watched Alexia work and knew Lacy spoke the truth. He had one job and that job was to watch over these two women as their guardian. Alexia was more than just a friend to him, she was the reason he found Lacy. When Lacy came to guard her, Randall fell hard. He failed them though. He was supposed to watch out for them and he allowed them to come in harm's way. One day, he'd tell Lacy his true mission, his failure, his shame, but for now she needed him to simply be there for her and Alexia. Randall sighed, "She has us. She has her son. She has her Mom. From what you've told me, she even has a husband. She will not be alone, Lacy. She won't be alone." Randall whispered.

"Randall, she can't lose her father. Her parents are her world." Lacy cried for her friend anyway. She knew how devastating the death of a parent could be. Soon they were at the hospital, and Randall and Lacy went to see their friend.

Alexia was so happy to see Lacy and Randall. So much had happened. Then the nurse brought Keon in. Lacy held her Godson with such reverence that Randall was in awe. Lacy was born to be a mother. He felt anger at the demon that had taken this gift from them.

Kwame looked at him and could see that he was struggling with something. Lacy and alexia didn't need to be upset anymore. Kwame stood as Lacy held his son, smiling. "Randall, come with me. Let's let the ladies talk," Kwame suggested.

"He ruined her. She can't have a child. We will never hold our own son or daughter." Randall vented. "Your son is amazing, but my Lacy deserves a chance to be a mom. She'd be the perfect mom." Randall sat, clearly despondent.

Kwame was silent. "There are children all over the world that needs parents. Just because you can't birth a child does not mean you can't raise a child. I know, because my parents died when I was a babe, and fates gave me the greatest Mom that ever lived." He whispered.

Randall paused. He smiled, "You are right. If it's in his will, we will become parents one day." The men bantered back and forth about how the women would definitely spoil Keon.

Alpha Lakota walked in. "Kwame, Alpha Ryelle called. He was checking in. He hated he had to fly out earlier, and wanted you to know that you can contact them anytime you need to. Listen, tell Alexia that I'll be by to check on her soon, ok."

Kwame was stunned, "Thank you, Alpha. I will." Lakota returned to ICU. He was worried about Bo. He should had done something before now. He should have insisted that Lexi and Bo allow them to change them. Yet he knew, Bo was human and he did not have the right to order him to do anything. Lakota closed his eyes, and prayed. When Bo recovered, he prayed he would agree to the change for both him and Lexi.

The Doctor came out and Lexi rushed over to them. "Bo is improving. He actually woke up when I called his name. He asked for Lexi." The doctor smiled. "His heart is responding to the medicine and starting to keep rhythm on its own. We're weaning him off of the machines and if all goes well, he can move to a private room in a few days."

"Thank Luna" Lakota gasped and Lexi hugged him.

Bo was not leaving her. He was going to stay. He was not trying to go. Lexi cried as Lakota held her close.

"I have to tell Alexia. She's worried. I have to tell her." Lexi stated excitedly and she headed straight for her daughter's room. Lakota sent the news to Levin, Reina, and Margaret.

Lexi came rushing down the hall. "Kwame, Kwame, Bo woke up. He woke up." She cried. Kwame hugged her and they rushed back to ICU. Bo's heart was growing stronger. Randall and Kwame waited and watched as Lexi had a chance to go sit with Bo for a few minutes. Randall was awed at the love this woman had for her husband. He smiled. Bo would recover. He somehow knew that he would.

Lexi could not wait to tell Alexia. Bo was not going to leave them after all. He was staying right here.

Soon, Kwame and Randall returned to the room and shared the great news with Alexia and Lacy. Alexia was so relieved. Her father would be alright now. She had to do more to help him. He could not care for mom by himself.

Lacy was relieved. "Look, I'm going to ask Uncle Dermic and Aunt Francine if I can come satay for a while. I can help you look after them."

Alexia smiled, "Really, I'd love that, but Lacy you must take care of yourself. You can't keep stopping your life for me. What about Randall? He may not want to live in a wolf pack."

Lacy stopped. Alexia was right. She had to convince her uncle to let her claim her mate, or she had to walk away from her family.

Alexia caught her hand. "Listen, I know you're here for me, but I need you to know that I'm here for you as well. Lacy, if you need me, I'm there."

Lexi listened, and after hearing Alexia address her friend she knew she was making the best choice. Lexi stopped by her daughter's room and the two cried tears of joy. Lexi said something that made Alexia pause. "I know what I must do now. You don't have to worry about me anymore."

"Momma, what do you mean?" Alexia asked.

Lexi smiled. "We will be ok now." She leaned over and kissed her daughter's brow. "Rest, my grandson will need to be fed soon. I'll be back." Lexi left.

Kwame knew Alexia was concerned, so he held her hand and tried to reassure her that everything would be all right now. Lacy wasn't sure what was going on, but she would be there for her friend.

Lacy and Randall visited a while longer and then they had to go back home. Uncle dermic called and told Lacy it was time to return. "Alexia, I must go back home now. I'll talk with Uncle Dermic, ok. I'm sure he won't mind letting me come stay." Randall cleared his throat. Uncle Dermic might not mind, but he could not fathom the thought of Lacy being away from him.

Alexia smiled "Lacy, I'm good. Just come visit more, ok." The two embraced and Randall and Lacy headed out. Kwame walked them out and Randall reassured him that he and Lacy would be there if they needed them. Kwame waved their friends off before returning to Alexia's room. Alexia was worried. She tried to hide it, but in the short time he'd been here, he knew her.

"Alexia, your mom is strong. She's one of the strongest women I've ever met. Don't underestimate her.' He whispered.

Alexia was about to argue when she realized that Kwame was right. Her mom was stronger than most gave her credit for.

Lexi went home, and thought about her parents. She looked around and saw the equipment and guards put in place to help her when she lost herself. She thought of Bo and how much he sacrificed to help her. She knew what she had to do. She had to take care of Bo. To take care of Bo, she had to find a way to heal. She called Margaret.

"Lexi, what's going on?" Margaret and Tia asked. Lexi asked them to meet her in the forest.

"I want to change, become a wolf. If I change, my wolf can help keep me normal. Bo won't have to worry about me. I want one of you to change me." Lexi requested.

Margaret and Tia shared a look.

"We need to talk with Lakota first, Lexi." Margaret whispered. "If he approves, then we'll gladly bite you."

However, Tia did not agree. She knew that Lakota was in agreement with Bo and Lexi being changed. They were waiting on Bo to agree, but after the last few nights, they needed to protect what was left of their family. "I'll do it. Lakota can deal with me." Shifting, Tia pounced on Lexi, and bit directly into her shoulder right below her neck.

"Tia, NO!" Margaret screamed, but Tia moved quickly. . Lexi screamed as Margaret tried to stop the action that Tia took. Soon, Lexi collapsed and Tia became human once more.

"Tia, Oh my God! Lakota will be ..." Margaret gasped.

"Lakota will be what? He agreed Margret. All of us agreed. We just never set a time, but we agreed." Tia asked. "She's breathing, let's wait."

Margaret snatched her aside, "Lakota wanted to wait, Tia. He said, he needed to make sure she could handle the change. What if she's worse?"

Tia looked at her, tears streaming down her face. "We almost lost Bo. I'm not willing to lose Bo, Lexi, or Alexia. When Bo heals, whether he agrees or not, I'm biting him too. If Lakota wants to punish me, fine. I'll take it, but I won't stand by and watch my family leave me." She sat back beside Lexi to wait.

Margaret sat with her. Lakota called, and she assured him that she was fine.

Lexi slept. Deep inside something awoke inside of her. She was brave, smart, and powerful. She searched Lexi and sighed. Her human was frail, but she would heal her. Lexi cowered deep inside of her mind. Lexi, I am Hira. I'm your wolf. You don't have to fear anymore. I will take care of you. She whispered.

My wolf, you can help me be normal. Lexi asked.

Hira laughed, You are normal, I will help you learn to control your thoughts.

Lexi slowly woke up. "Lexi, are you alright?" Margaret asked, truly concerned.

"I'm fine. I am really fine." Lexi whispered. She smiled and stood. "Come, we need to get back to the medical center. Alexia and Boaz await us."

Margaret froze, "Who are you?" she asked. Lexi never called Bo by that name. Lexi smiled.

"You know who I am. I'm Lexi. And now, thanks to you two, I'm much better." Lexi explained. "Come on, let's go."

The three women returned to the medical center. Lakota spoke, "Come to my office." The three women shared a look. Lexi smiled. "It's time." She whispered.

The women entered the office. Lakota and Levin along with Reina waited.

Lexi stood before them. "Welcome home" Lakota whispered.

Lexi smiled. "Thank you alpha, thank you." She hugged him.

"Lexi, are you OK? If you have any problems, let us know." Reina stated, fighting back tears.

Lexi smiled at her, "Yes Madam Alpha, I will. We are truly family now. I'm home. I need to go be with my Bo, we can talk later, ok." Lexi explained.

She returned to the hospital. Bo still slept. He had woken earlier, but for now he rested. She decided to go visit Alexia. She knocked before entering. Kwame stood. He looked shocked. "Momma, where have you been I was worried." Alexia exclaimed.

Lexi smiled, "I spent some time with Margaret and Tia. I needed a moment. I'm fine now."

Kwame stood. "I'll give you two a moment." He explained.

Lexi sat. "Alexia sit sweetheart, I need to tell you something."

Alexia was quiet. Something about her mother was different. "I asked Tia to bite me. I'm a wolf now."

Alexia gasped. "Mom, wait. You're a wolf. What does that mean?"

Lexi laughed, "It means I'm going to be Ok. I don't have to fight the thoughts or the fog alone anymore. My wolf, she's here. She's a part of me. And she keeps me grounded."

Alexia waited and looked deep into her mother's eyes. She could see her, the other part of her Mom. "Momma, you're going to be ok, now." She sobbed. Lexi held her daughter as she cried, relieved to be the one taking care of someone else.

Kwame stood outside of her door. He cried. Lexi would be Ok, now. He hoped Bo lived. He knew the older gentleman owed him a butt kicking, but he'd gladly take it if it meant Alexia got her parents back.

"Momma, are you different? The same? What does this mean?" Alexis asked nervous. As much as she wanted her mother healed, she still wanted her to be the person she always was.

Lexi smiled, "I'm Lexi, your Mom. Being a Were does not change that." Alexia listened. "I'm going to be OK now. All of my life, I've felt different. Even though my family and friends protected me, I know how others looked at me. I also heard the way kids treated you, and every time you were so strong and brave. You never let their words get to you. You, my daughter, have always been my champion, just like your father. No matter how bad things got, I always knew I could count on you and your father,"

Alexia nodded. "Momma, have you changed completely? I thought it took some time."

Lexi sighed, "No, my wolf has not had a chance to be free, but she has done so much to help me already. For the first time since I began to lose myself, I don't have to fight alone. She's here and I can feel my mind growing stronger. Baby, I had to do this. Bo needs me. He will be ok, and the last thing he needs is to worry about me. I'm better now, I will finish healing. He can relax and simply be happy." She looked away.

"Momma, what's wrong?" Alexia asked.

"I pray Bo isn't angry. He didn't want to change. He did not agree. I made this decision without him. I hope he understands and still loves me." Lexi whispered. Her wolf stood and once again, she felt strong. Lexi smiled, "I love him. If he can't accept the new me, then I'll have to let him go. But, in my heart of hearts, I believe Bo will still love me."

Alexia was so proud in that moment. "Momma, it will be ok. I promise." She whispered as the two shared a hug.

Lexi looked around. "So, they are letting you out today."

"Yes, Dr. Jee is letting me go, but they are keeping Keon a little longer. They are waiting for him to gain a few pounds. He's healthy though." Alexia smiled. "I never thought I could love someone this completely, but that little boy is my everything." She sighed. Lexi smiled.

"Now you know how I feel." She hugged her daughter once more. "Finish getting dressed. I'll be by before you leave and I'll check on the baby for you."

Lexi walked out. She went to the waiting room to speak with Kwame.

"You've changed?" He asked.