Mud and Magic Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I shouldn't wake Sen. She'll only be disappointed. Sighing, she left her room and headed for the stairwell. Besides a few changes of clothes she had asked the porter to keep an eye out for some time candles. Without windows, the only way to tell the time quickly was to go to the center stairwell and look at the magical light mirroring the sky outside. So inefficient!

Suddenly, a large hand grabbed her and hauled her bodily into the closest wall. Celeste gasped air into her lungs and blinked the tears of shock from her eyes. Hilgrun, the beefy barbarian woman, breathed down her face.

"We need to talk, sunshine," the blonde amazon hissed, her blue eyes like twin miniature lightning storms. Effortlessly, she held Celeste in check with one of her ham-sized fists by the collar, the other was a threat, splayed against the wall at head height. Hilgrun wore her usual attire, a furry vest fighting to keep her tits contained and some furry kilt thing. She smelled of sweat, sex and mead.

Celeste allowed herself a pleasant smile. "What can I do for you this fine evening?" she asked, evenly returning the furious gaze.

"You know damn well what you did. Or have you forgotten already?" Hilgrun snarled. She was a she-wolf preparing to tear out throats.

"If that is your idea of seducing me-" Celeste began.

Hilgrun roared, her free hand slapping the hard stone wall with a shockingly loud clap. "Elara!" she snapped.

"She should just have fallen out of bed, thanks to your screaming," Celeste said calmly.

Hilgrun changed her grip on Celeste's robe, turning the article of clothing into a makeshift choke. "You said some very nasty things, priestess," Hilgrun hissed, her nose only a few hairs away from Celeste's. "You made my lover weep like a little girl!"

"Ah, that's why you stink of mead and pussy," Celeste gasped. "Helped her overcome her tears, did you?"

Another slap against the wall, causing Celeste's ears to ring. "You can count yourself lucky I am not to hurt you," Hilgrun growled. "Or your brain matter would decorate these bricks. If I learn your words or actions ever hurt anyone again, I swear by my ancestors, I will happily tear you apart and piss on your innards."

"Join the line then," Celeste snapped. She reached for Hilgrun's wrist and dug her nails into it. She knew she wasn't much of a threat to the fuming barbarian but Hagazz had shown her exactly where to plant her nails for a nasty surprise. Hilgrun released her and took a hasty step back. "And if you want to hurt me so bad over Elara's idiocy, why don't we go downstairs?"

Hilgrun's eyes promised a swift death but she didn't raise a hand.

"Seriously? Elara had you swear you won't hurt me?" Celeste gloated. "You can tell your bed-warmer I don't need her protection. In fact, I'm itching to release some steam myself." Grinning viciously, Celeste closed the distance. With one arm, she pulled the barbarian woman's head down to her level and planted a kiss onto that scowling mouth while her other hand dove under the kilt. Like she had guessed, Hilgrun was naked underneath. She grasped at Hilgrun's sex and curled a finger upwards, effortlessly entering her wet pussy.

Hilgrun snarled, bit Celeste's lower lip and clamped down on both her wrists. She pushed the grinning ex-cleric against the wall and took a step back, hands raised and murder in her eyes.

"If ever you do that again-" she began.

Celeste licked blood off her lips. "You're going to kill me, yeah, yeah." She turned on her heel and let Hilgrun stand where she was. "See you. Sunshine."

The roar of impotent fury following her down towards the arena was very funny. At first, it was just a giggle impossible to stifle. Halfway down to the second floor, it was a full-bellied laugh. Eventually, Celeste had to stop and brace herself against the wall as her body was wracked with bursts of mirth threatening to take her off her own feet.

She looked up as quick steps came closer. Hagazz ran up to her, a look of genuine concern on his handsome dark elven features. "Are you all right? I heard screaming."

Celeste caught his wrist and pulled. For once, the graceful combat instructor lost his balance, stumbling into her embrace. Celeste pressed her mouth to his, invading him with her tongue. Hagazz froze for a heartbeat, then his hands came around, cupping her ass. She could feel him harden against her. She broke the kiss and bathed him in her most scorching smile. "Now I am. Thank you."

"Uh... all right." His face fell.

"What?" Celeste snapped. "Didn't you like rubbing your cock against me? Or my tongue in your mouth?"

He sighed again, a sound of utter resignation. Wordlessly, he took her hand and guided Celeste into the arena, locking the door behind them. Still holding her hand, he moved towards some tables and hopped onto one. He pulled off his shirt and kicked off his sandals. "Shall I call you Mother too?" he asked, avoiding eye contact. His hands made short work of the strings holding his pants up. "Or anything else to appease you?"

Celeste looked at him in wonder. Hagazz, fully naked, his toned body supine on two tables. His face was a mask of utter sadness, yet his cock slowly rose.

"What... what are you doing?" she asked, appalled.

Hagazz rested his head on crossed wrists. "If you want to be all dark elf Matriarch, go right ahead. It's only been thirty-two years since last someone threatened to carve my heart out if I don't do as asked."

"Dress yourself, for Mercy's sake!" Celeste snapped.

"Really? A few moments ago it seemed like you'd rather die than not get fucked," he commented. "And in my most pathetic moments, I long for a bit of home, you know?" He grasped his rod and pumped it. "So, hop on as long as it's still there."

"I... I'm sorry. I don't know what's come over me."

Hagazz shot her a sideways glance. "Every woman has needs. That's what I've been told by some. Sometimes even without any blades involved."

"Hagazz, I'm not in the mood. I guess. Waving your cock in my face won't change that," she hissed.

"Do you want to spank me? Would that get you in the mood?" he asked, his hand picking up speed. "Maybe some knives?" His free hand indicated the wall full of weapons.

"No!" Celeste protested. She found it hard to wrest her eyes from the naked dark elf though. "I... I should better go."

"A pity. I've admired you in the Hall of Portraits often enough and wondered what kind of lover you'd be. But that was before Faedal got his dirty paws on you," the dark elf panted.

Celeste spat into the sand. "Is everyone around here only thinking about sex?" she shrieked.

"That's kind of inevitable, with a hallway full of naked people prominently on display. And willing students offering pussies, mouths and asses. You can only read so much, you know?" Hagazz rasped. His hand made sloppy wet noises on his cock. "Mind lifting that robe for me before you leave?" He flashed a toothy grin her way. "To see how well the artist captured your lovely pussy?"

"Fuck you," Celeste snarled. She ducked and picked up Hagazz' pants. His key ring was carelessly stuffed into a pocket. Behind her, Hagazz groaned. Celeste, despite herself, looked over her shoulder while she unlocked the arena doors. Thick, pearly strands of cum spattered all over Hagazz's black-skinned chest and stomach. Their eyes met and Hagazz put out his tongue, pretending to lick her. Disgusted, Celeste fled the room and slammed the door shut. With a certain measure of satisfaction, she locked the door and threw the key ring down the stairwell.

"Get out of that, you dick," she snarled. A few hurried steps brought her down to the ground floor. Merrick, yawning, was hauling sacks of flour up from the cellar.

"Excuse me," Celeste asked. "Have you heard any news about Rhys?"

"The lad what had gone to the elven woods?" Merrick asked. "Sorry, mum. From what I heard, 'e's still out an' about, isn't 'e?"

"Maybe you or the maids have overheard Thurguz or Idunn?" Celeste prodded.

"Can't say I have, mum." Merrick picked up the sacks. "If ye needs news, ask 'em yerself. Sorry, mum."

That's twelve days now, Celeste thought grimly. I need to talk to someone who's not obsessed with sex all the time.

She turned on her heels and stormed up the stairs, back to the students' quarters. This time, she could hear voices. Or rather a voice. Hilgrun was yelling at the top of her lungs at someone. A moment later, she heard a pleading Elara yell something, followed by the tower-shaking noise of a door breaking off its hinges.

She ducked into the corridor where Galdor's room was. If someone would understand then the calm dwarven alchemist. When she had been in the infirmary, he had barely noticed her nakedness and seemed more concerned with her comfort than anything else. She needed that kind of person right now.

She rapped at the door once and pushed it open. The first thing she noticed was the smell of strong alcohol. The next thing was the rhythmic creaking of strained springs. And when her eyes caught up with the rest of her senses, she cursed. Galdor was face-down on his cot, ass high up in the air while Zentam, the red-bearded dwarven merchant, was pounding the alchemist's ass for all he was worth. Going by the pools of cum on the stained sheets and spilled mead steins on the floor, they had been at it the whole night already.

"Oh, hey Celeste," Galdor rasped, shockingly composed despite his ass being hammered into next week. Zentam groaned and grasped the alchemist's cock, pumping the thick member in time to his thrusts. "Want to join? I think-"

Before the bile could reach her mouth, Celeste slammed the door shut.

They have all gone mad.

Every single one of them.

This has to be a particularly bad dream.

Things like this don't happen in the waking world.

Celeste snarled and tore open her robe, placing one of her nipples between her thumb and forefinger nails. She clamped down hard.

The pain was excruciating, almost as bad as Faedal's teeth had been when he tore into her. Tears flooded her eyes. She blinked them away and pushed open Galdor's door again.

The two dwarves were still fucking as if her intrusion never had happened.

Much quieter this time, as not to disturb them, Celeste closed the door. She stepped away from the room. Somewhere, she heard Elara sob. And she's the last one I need to see right now, Celeste thought. Her steps took her past the common room. The door teetered awkwardly on one hinge, the other one had broken off its wall mount - testament to the fury of Hilgrun. Elara hung over one sofa, naked as always, and sobbed into one of her robes. Celeste shook her head and flitted past.

She ended up in front of the double doors leading to Rhys' room. She exhaled slowly and grasped one of the knobs. There was no one here who cared anyway. Not about her, not about Rhys. She was the only one who could save him from whatever fate Thurguz had decided for him. But to do that, she needed more power. With the pitiful remains of her spellcasting ability, she would only be a burden. Helpless.

And I am done being helpless, Celeste thought. She pushed open the door and slid into the room. Dutiful Sen had kept it spotless and the single oil lamp on Rhys' nightstand had only recently been refilled, the flame bright and strong. The desk hadn't been touched though. The idol was nearly invisible between the stacked books and unrolled charts.

She hesitated to pick it up though. A lifetime of warnings, of forbidding tales raced through her head. Desire the temptress. Desire the corrupting shadow. Twister of wishes. "Desire had made Carver who he is." That's what Thurguz had preached to his wide-eyed students back then.

"Bollocks," Celeste snarled. "You won't turn from holy man to a psychopath condoning mass murder and rape just because you made a pact with a god. Mercy clerics have personality besides being kind and submissive. I should know."

I am just using her powers to save you, Rhys, Celeste thought. Steeling herself against the inevitable lance of agony, she picked up the idol.

"That won't be necessary this time. I have already tasted your blood, my dear."

Celeste turned to face the voice, clutching the idol against her naked breasts. Desire was the same imperious woman as before, long black hair flowing down her back and breasts, her face a weird shimmer, seemingly always in motion, always in flux. Her dress was different than last time. Gone was the buxom barmaid outfit, replaced with minuscule triangles of black fabric barely covering her tits and a long strip of black fabric barely hiding her pussy.

"I... I thought I'd needed to summon you somehow."

"You already did, child. I merely waited for your return after your deliberation period. How did it go?" The capricious goddess cocked her head, as if listening to far-off sounds. "Oh my, the Tower is in uproar tonight."

"They have all gone crazy," Celeste moaned. "It's even worse than usual! Everyone is only thinking about sex and I am as far away from rescuing my dear Rhys than the last time we spoke if not further. Thurguz won't talk to me and..." Celeste sank to her knees. "I don't know what to do anymore!"

Desire knelt down next to Celeste and embraced her. "It is rather simple," the goddess whispered, her long tongue lovingly caressing Celeste's ear. "Allow me to bestow my gifts upon you and save the man you love yourself." Desire kissed a tear away. "Let none be master of your destiny but yourself."

Celeste realized what she was doing. She was kneeling, almost naked, in the arms of Desire. The dark goddess was nothing but soothing warmth and consoling purrs.

"You always want something in return," Celeste whispered. "What is your price?"

Desire snaked a hand under Celeste's robes, skillful fingers easily finding her opening. "Nothing you will ever miss, my child," Desire crooned, driving her fingers into Celeste's suddenly very wet, very willing tunnel. "You will be Rhys' savior. You will have all the power to save him. From himself. From the misshapen monstrosity that is Borna. He will be the only one you'll ever need."

Celeste came, shockingly hard. Her body was seemingly made out of warm, melting butter in the embrace of the cooing goddess. "Yes," she gasped. "Please, yes!" She clasped her hands over Desire's, trapping those knowing fingers deep inside her screaming body. She was yearning for another earth-shattering release and she was so incredibly close!

Desire freed her hand and licked her fingers clean, leaving Celeste a helpless moaning, writhing bundle on the floor. Gasping, Celeste rammed three of her own fingers deep into herself, frantically seeking that elusive release. It didn't happen. Her thumb on her clit didn't push her over the edge, neither the frantic fingers. She howled in need.

"Calm yourself, child. For someone complaining about all others having sex instead of saving Rhys, your mask of valor is rather loose."

When she realized what she was doing, Celeste bit her tongue until it hurt. The sharp pain only reminded her of Faedal, dousing her arousal harder than a bucket of cold water ever could. Tasting blood, she pulled herself to her feet. With shaking fingers, she righted her robes and brushed sweaty hair from her face.

"You're... you are right," she panted. "How could I forget myself like that?"

"Happens to most of us when my body is involved," Desire replied smugly. "But another release by my hand would have necessitated a new contract. I normally don't... hand out freebies." She laughed, a pleasant, tinkling sound. "I won't decline if you'd ask for it though. So tasty."

"Give me the power I need to save Rhys," Celeste said, trying to keep that pleading tone from her voice.

"You shall have it," Desire formally proclaimed. "Come here, child."

Carefully, Celeste approached the beckoning goddess. Desire raised her arms and embraced her, pressing her lips to Celeste's. The kiss tasted like homemade cider, so much like Dara, Celeste nearly choked. She tried to break the kiss but Desire braced her head, the goddess' fingers as immovable as stone clamps. Her lips parted and she exhaled, suffusing Celeste's body with divine energy.

The former cleric shook in Desire's embrace as her body began to itch and ache, as if every single limb was awaking after years of disuse. Waves of energy poured through her, at the same time incredibly hot and colder than the ice covering the mountains outside. Desire licked her bleeding tongue one last time and stepped back, leaving Celeste a helplessly teetering bundle.

Celeste blinked tears away. "What... what happened?"

"I have returned to you what was lost," Desire purred. "And added a few helpings on top. You are every inch the sorceress you were meant to be. Go on, try it."

Celeste took stock of herself. She was sweaty, shaking and her robe was a tattered mess. Her hair clung to her tear-streaked face.

Inhaling shakily, she pulled herself up to her full height. There was that spell the dark elf twins showed me, she thought. How did it go again? It had been among the first things she had learned, a frivolous waste of energy, Idunn had said, especially in light of all the Tower's amenities. Celeste breathed deeply and forced herself to remember the basics of her training.

Find a power source.

Her senses raced outwards, cataloging dozens, nay, hundreds of power sources, all the way from Thurguz' office down to the patches of elemental ice beneath the Tower's foundations and everything in an ever-expanding radius around the solitary building. She pulled in a whirlwind of energy ready to do her bidding.

Manifesting the spell was laughably easy. As soon as she had focused the energy, Celeste floated a few inches above the floor. Her clothes dissolved into ether while dozens of invisible hands lathed her heated skin with warm, scented water. When she was clean all over, warm air dried the moisture and a moment later, new clothes formed. A fresh loincloth replaced the old one, sturdy, knee-high traveling boots manifested around her feet and a proper, low-cut robe, in dark red with gold stitching enshrouded her body. With the soft clicking of nailed soles on stone, she alighted.

"Bravo," Desire said, clapping slowly. "Like a phoenix from the ashes. The braid was a nice touch."

Celeste reached over her shoulder. Even her hair had been tightly braided. Good old Makeover spell, she thought fondly. We tried to outdo each other, seeing who could keep it up the longest. Celeste knew that this time, it wasn't an illusion or parlor trick. She had indeed conjured water and air magic to cleanse and earth magic to clothe herself, without apparent effort.

Celeste turned her hands palm up. "One last test, if I may," she said, her gaze seeking Desire's.

"By all means. This is a fair deal after all."

This time it was fire energy she sought. Humming strands of power gathered on her palms and she willed them to erupt. Two searing columns of incandescent fire raged up, immolating the ceiling beams. Not even Thurguz' magic could fend off the raw power of her spell. Celeste canceled it before true harm could be done. This was Rhys' room she was in, after all. Two scorch marks were evidence enough that she wasn't dreaming this either.

"Satisfied?" Desire asked.

"Oh yes," Celeste snarled, her eyes alight with righteous fire. "What do I have to do now?"

Desire extended a hand. "I have, as promised, given you all the spellcasting power you could ever need. In return, I have only taken what won't be missed. Are these terms agreeable to you?"

123456...8