Music Box Ch. 03

Story Info
With Aliph sick, Luna has no choice but to ask for help.
2k words
4
233
1
0

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 02/28/2024
Created 09/06/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 3

At the centre of the realm, there is an obscure, emerald green planet and on such a planet a temple called Vois.

Square shaped and made of a moon silver marble stone, it shimmered and dazzled the calm, barren land of lavender whalebacks; and its glassy, flat roof mirrored the sunset orange heavens above.

Luna walked on a shaded pathway that led to the temple. Her eyes darted up the ascending steps to an arched doorway that made Goliath look like a dwarf.

Luna sucked in a breath to calm her nerves. Though, her mind couldn't help but flood with thoughts of Aliph. Whom had mysteriously gotten sick two days ago.

Suun had become obsessed with healing him, and she knew he didn't know where to start. They were out of their depths. Everything that could go wrong did.

Great Lyrha would have known what to do. She always did... but she's...

Luna huffed. That's why she had summoned Great Lord. He was the only ancient being that she knew.

Luna strode up the steps with mock confidence. After she climbed the stairs, she halted before a gigantic weathered honey brown door.

Great Lyrha every year would come to this temple to pay her respect. It was the only time she felt deep sadness and grief from her.

<You have finally arrived, Scarlet.> came a deep, throaty voice speaking an ancient tongue. <Child, come inside. We don't bite,> trillion light-hearted laughs followed.

Luna swallowed dryly then sidled on. The door wailed a creak as it opened on its own. Inside was no chamber but another world.

The roof a sky split between night and day, and the floor a landscaped grassy lawn with shrubs and exotic flowers. The warm breeze of the room brushed against Luna and filled her nostrils with a sweet fragrance.

That is when a 3-storey shadowy creature materialized from thin air. At first, it was disfigured but as the seconds ticked by it shaped into a giant hound like creature with saucy, blood-red eyes and spiky, dark fur.

It gave off a heavy, forbidding aura and observed her.

(Honourable Lord, I welcome you to Expondo,) uttered Luna with all the respect she could muster.

A trillion voices from within Great Lord greeted her back warmly. Great Lord was a Rhodo. A creature moulded out of tamed dark matter and its conscious fragmented to individual personas called Ri.

<Welcomed I was indeed, mind you child, what are these large things that give off light all over this realm?>

Luna let out a nervous laugh. (Those are stars, Honourable Lord.)

He bellowed. <Stars? Can I take one to my realm?>

(You can, Honourable Lord. Though which ever star we choose should be without planets with a possibility to host life.)

So far, the conversation was light-hearted but Luna wasn't any less cautious. Great Lyrha always told her that ancient beings such as Great Lord develop chaotic personalities. From her interactions with Great Lord decades ago, she knew that to be true.

In the 5 generations she had known him, he was very flaky. She couldn't even say what his true personality was.

At that moment, Luna's skin prickled as she felt Great Lord's demeanour change. <Say child... I heard concerning murmurs about Lyrha.>

Luna stood tall. She and Suun had tried to keep her passing a secret. They wanted to nurture Aliph without the Council's influence. The Council depicted themselves as protectors of all realms. The ones chosen by the long dead Gods and Goddesses to bring balance to all realms. Though Great Lyrha saw them as tyrannical buffoons and Luna shared her sentiment.

(It's true... she has passed on,) Luna said.

Great Lord gazed up at the sky. He sang a sorrowful hymn, and his Ri followed. Luna was taken aback by the choir of deep voices. The tongue was rough and difficult to comprehend. Nonetheless, it moved her.

After the hymn had ended, there was a long-drawn silence. <Luna was created 0.1 nanoseconds before I,> Great Lord started. <For the first aeon of our existence, we served Goddess Harmouna until her death after the Divine War. I remember this one moment on a battlefield quenched with the blood of both friend and foe.

<We were counting bodies of our fallen comrades and as always, they were going to rot there. After all, we angels were only pawns. It didn't matter whether we died a dog's death. All that mattered it that we served our Gods well. Lyrha never saw it that way, though. She saw to it that each had been buried and sang to them a hymn.

<It landed her in trouble with the Archangels, but she kept doing it regardless. At first, we mocked her, but her resolve won us over, and we too honoured our comrades. Countless times she sang this hymn, never tiring of it... I think she would have wanted me to sing it for her.>

For a moment, Luna felt something from Great Lord. At first, she thought she felt sadness, but it was a heavier emotion. Grief.

All that forbidding aura now was a façade to her. Before her wasn't the infamous God-slayer, but a friend in mourning.

(It's strange, for all that she has done for me. I wished I could have saved her.)

Great Lord growled in disapproval and scolded, <Child, you know better.>

(I understand but--)

<We took an oath to never create!> barked Great Lord. <I have seen it child. Gods and Goddesses filled with uncontrollable lust from creation. They are mindless creatures of chaos. I don't see eye to eye with any in the Council, but nevertheless we are all committed to enforce the Divine Laws.>

Luna nodded like an obedient child. (I understand, I apologise Honourable Lord.)

<No need, child. I shouldn't have gotten so heated. To be honest with you. I feel your pain. It's challenging to watch those you love fall, especially when you can save them by bending reality, but such a power comes with a heavy price. One I know she thought you well. You need to be strong, with Lyrha gone, this realm is in a delicate situation.>

Luna nodded and puffed a breath. She felt ready to ask him. (The situation is delicate indeed, Honourable Lord. I was lucky enough to find the new Realm Master, but he has become sick, and I fear for his life. I would like your guidance in this matter.)

<Sick? Becoming a Realm Master takes a toll on a mortal, it may be that?>

(I know, but I still feel uneasy... like some thing's amiss,) Luna paused as she felt a little too conscious of how paranoid she sounded.

For a while, only the shrubs' rattles could be heard as Great Lord gazed down on Luna. His demeanour, unreadable as voices from within him argued. Many Ri voiced their support, and just as many objected.

The issue was about their duty to the Council. The Council forbid any acting member from forming alliances with a realm outside its jurisdiction without their knowledge.

Expondo was once under the Council's jurisdiction, but that was before relations between Great Lyrha and the upper echelons of the Council soured.

<Enough,> Great Lord said, <Ri Siphyl, you have been quiet. What do you think?>

<Muh Lord, we cannot let this opportunity pass us by.>

<Opportunity?> echoed Great Lord.

<An opportunity to remedy our standing with the Council. When the relationship between the Council and Great Lyrha deteriorated, and she decided to leave, many expected you to cut ties with her. And when you didn't, it brought hostility between you and other Assembly Members.

<You aren't one to care about what others think of you, and that is a fine quality but acting without alerting the Council will bring further scrutiny on your part. We can ask the Council's blessing in helping guide this new Realm Master in the guise of convincing it to join the Council. Though none of that will be true.>

Great Lord chuckled. <Cunning as always, Ri Siphyl. Though the time it will take to convince those fossils will be a drag, but I'm sure they will leave me on my devices.>

Luna smiled. (Will that be a yes?)

<For now, yes, though I will have to leave one of my Ri with you. Her name is Auyo and gifted in inter-realm communication. She will convey messages from me to you and vice versa.>

From his back grew a colossal moth. It had two pairs of silky, coal dark oval wings that spanned 8 meters. It beat its wings and awkwardly flew upwards then towards Luna.

<Ri Auyo, be sure to serve Scarlet well,> Great Lord commanded.

<Understood, my Lord,> she replied.

<It has been a pleasure to meet you, and you should tune this musical instrument.>

(I'm afraid I can't, only the Realm Master can tune Vois,) said Luna.

<Hmm... this realm is truly stranger than I thought. No wonder why you are in such a rush to educate this new Realm Master. I have lazed enough in this realm. Be blessed.>

Luna nodded. (May Harmouna bless you.)

<How can she when she's dead,> Great Lord joked as he faded to nothingness.

Luna let out a deep sigh. At least one thing went well, and she hoped Aliph hadn't gotten worse.

▲▼▲▼

Claws dug deep into the moist forest's soil, the cool breeze ruffled shaggy fur, and a hundred eyes shimmered brilliantly like the silver moon above. Two beasts, silhouetted by the dark, lurked deep in the Ambuye forest.

One whined, [Now?]

[Patience Ξthean,] answered the other. [Some haven't fallen asleep.]

[How far have fallen, Λwok. Reduced to cowards' method. These creatures weak savages, why must care one see us?] questioned Ξthean.

Λwok shook his head. He despised working with Ξthean. He was impatient and unintelligent.

[Failure isn't an option,] Λwok huffed. [And arrogance will get us devoured like Llekkθ.]

Ξthean grunted. [Let him try, I care not He be God.]

Λwok shifted his eyes to the small village below. Dome shaped huts crafted out of grass and wood were scattered on the hilly landscape beside the forest.

He could hear the villagers hearts beat, hear their snores, and from the furthest hut could hear moans of pleasure. He side glanced to Ξthean. His mouths watering and body ready to lunge forward.

Λwok stretched out a long, scrawny arm. He felt the wind's brush. This is what he had waited for. To be downwind. He had scouted earlier and saw that they kept livestock. Livestock that could smell and hear as they approached.

Ξthean may not understand it, but their 'liberator' was ruthless. Obsessed with perfection. He was beyond their understanding and at this point Λwok feared Him.

They were commanded to spare none but 'he that could not be killed'. That's all Λwok knew of their given duty. He was to fulfil it as cleanly as possible.

[Ξthean, it is time.]

[Finally!]

Ξthean growled hungrily, his mouths agape displaying snagged, razor sharp teeth. He charged and the ground rumbled.

Λwok stood up and towered the tallest of trees in the forest. His head split in two and flame erupted out, swirled aloof the tress, then swarmed to the village like flies, and one by one the huts caught fire. He heard hearts drum harder in panic, followed by cries of alarm.

The fire was a distraction. The real danger was Ξthean the Glutton. And they would be too busy putting out the fire to notice his approach.

IS ME COMAUND FULFYLLED?

A voiced boomed in Λwok's mind. He dropped to his many knees and bowed his split head. Though it wasn't out of respect, as he felt so drained and overpowered by his master's presence that he became weary and rigid.

[So far Lord all has gone well, Ξthean will be done soon.]

GOOD, EFTER ĒOW ERE DON, JOYN UP WITH THE OTHERS AND HEED FOR THE ESTURNE REGIOUN.

[As you command.]

Λwok slowly felt his strength come back as His presence weakened, but never truly gone. He could still feel Him like a headache that would never end.

Λwok mended his head, star gazed and as wails filled the night he pondered about his duty for the first time in his long existence.

Why are we doing all this for?