Music Man Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then she seemed to stiffen. "OK, I'll finish with Harry. In any case, that relationship is in its very early stages."

Her own comment surprised her, even though she'd made it. She had a flash memory of her hand on Harry's cock, and his on her tits.

Ged sighed with relief. "Thank you!" he said.

She saw his relief, and now knew how much he wanted this to work. It gave her some hope, but there was also a fear that she would commit to him and be let down again. She knew she needed to be brave.

She stood and bending over him, kissed him on the lips. A gentle loving kiss. She wanted to show him how committed she was.

"When will you be able to leave?" she asked with a smile. For him it was quite a provocative smile. His hopes rose.

--

Chapter Forty Two

On Saturday morning Furtive Glance met for practice.

"Where's Lee?" asked Joshua.

"No idea," said Amos. " Zak? Do you know?"

"Not seen him," said Zak with obvious lack of interest.

None of the band had seen the news the night before. They never paid much attention to the news, and they had all been out getting very drunk - again.

--

On Sunday morning, the pretty nurse came in with a bowl of water a towel and a razor.

"You need tidying up for your girlfriend," she said breezily. "Time for a shave."

"Er..." Ged was not sure about being shaved.

"I have done this before," she said. "Come on, you'll feel better."

She lathered him up and then shaved him very efficiently. As she bent close to reach under his chin, he felt her hot breath and the swell of her breast against his side. It had the inevitable result, and a noticeable tent appeared in the bedclothes. He knew she saw it but was grateful when she affected to ignore it.

On Sunday afternoon his mother arrived, saw his bandaged hands and looked grim. However, she said nothing but asked him how he was coping with his new situation. She left after kissing him and patting his cheek as she used to do when he was a small child. The meaning of the gesture was not lost on him: he was still her little boy and any hurt to him hurt her as well.

She assured him she would come each day, against his protestations that it was a long way. She just gave him a look. She was his mother and he was her world.

On Sunday evening Cassie returned. Ged was out of bed and was looking a little more cheerful and a lot cleaner.

"The police were here this afternoon," he said before she could even say 'Hi!'. "They've arrested Lee Preston. Someone saw him running away from the scene."

"I know," she said. "Viv identified him from someone's mobile phone picture. His mask slipped."

"Well they've got a heap of his clothing for analysis," he went on. "What I don't understand is what Lee had against me. Yes, I had his girlfriend at school, but it's years ago. I remember he took up keyboard to get her interested in him again. We were young then Cassie, teenagers. Anyway, he's up before the Magistrates on Monday."

"Did he admit it?"

"They said not, but it's early days. Once the forensic evidence is in he may change his tune."

"Tune. A keyboard player you say?" said Cassie with a quizzical look and half a smile.

They both laughed at the connection which he had not noticed. It reminded each of them of their lives before the tour, always the playing on words.

"Anything on the other assailants?" she asked.

"Apparently he's not talking," Ged said with a resigned air. "He said he wouldn't grass up his mates."

Cassie had brought along a book of crosswords. Ged remembered how they used to puzzle out the cryptic clues together. It seemed so long ago. Cassie pulled up the bedside table and they spent a happy hour doing a crossword. It was a warm feeling for both of them, and they smiled often at each other. Again it was like old times.

"You need to call the nurse," Ged said. "I need to piss."

Cassie looked round and saw a bed bottle with a paper over it. "I can do that," she said, "After all..." she left the rest unsaid, but Ged took her meaning: she had met his penis many times before!

She brought the bed bottle over and undid his pyjamas, carefully fishing his penis out and putting the bottle to it.

"Off you go," she said, and he let fly.

She saw the bruising and let out a gasp of distress.

"Impressive hey?" Ged laughed. "My cock never used to impress you that much!"

"It's the bruising," she said. "They were vicious."

"Yep!" he replied, and she dabbed him and took the bottle back to the side table.

They smiled at each other.

"Thanks," he said.

"You're welcome, and if you must know, I was always impressed by your cock! It's nice to make his acquaintance again!" She giggled then and flushed a little.

Ged felt a sudden warmth towards her and smiled. This was how he remembered them.

On Monday Cassie went into work as usual, where she got an appointment with the Human Resources manager, and discussed what had transpired. She asked about working from home.

The manager told her that the only way the publishing house could accept her request was if she were to resign and become free-lance. The woman made a phone call as Cassie sat waiting, and after a brief discussion with the general manager, promised plenty of work as and when she could handle it, adding that they appreciated the quality of her work.

So she resigned with a promise in writing of work from the company.

Before leaving the building she invited Harry for lunch and told him the whole story explaining her decision to help Ged and hopefully reconcile with him. Harry, being the man he was, understood. As he said, it was no big deal; they had only been seeing each other for a few weeks. Neither of them believed what he said but neither said so. They kissed good bye as lovers do.

When she arrived at the hospital, Ged was smiling.

"Look!" he said proudly, waggling the thumb and index finger of his left hand. "They cut some of the strapping away."

He showed how he could, using the finger and thumb of his left hand and the immobile right to support it, pick up a mug and drink from it.

"I've been practising all day," he said gaily.

"That's brilliant!" she agreed, and her face shone. He felt that warmth again.

"And now I've got you to go home to, they reckon I might be able to leave here in a couple of days. They want to be sure about the concussion and check on the job they did on my hands."

"Oh, that's great!" she agreed. "Can you give me a key to the house and I'll get it ready for you."

"In my locker," he said. "I'm really looking forward to having you at home. The housekeeper should have kept the place running."

"I'd still like to get the lie of the land," she said, smiling.

"They remanded Lee on bail," he said, his face clouding. "The police called in to tell me. They reckon the DNA and photo evidence will put him at the scene. There's no news on the other two."

Each of them had the same idea as to who one of the other attackers might be, but neither said what was in their mind. Cassie thought Ged might think she was trying to shift blame away from herself, and Ged thought Cassie might think that he was persecuting the man who had ruined things for him. They were both thinking of Zak, and of course they were right.

Cassie broke the silence that had fallen.

"Zak hasn't replied to the court," she said. "He should have done it within the week. Now the court has to send a bailiff and serve him. Then another week. I thought he'd cut up rough and he has."

"If he doesn't reply, what then?" asked Ged.

"Graham says that the divorce goes ahead anyway. I'm not asking for anything financial from him, so he can't hold things up over money."

Ged thought she should get something, but said nothing. Cassie realised that Zak had no money anyway, and so asking for it would be pointless. If Graham's suit was successful, Zak wouldn't even have the house.

--

On Tuesday the band met for evening practice.

Once again Lee was missing, and by this time the group knew why. There had been some discussion between Joshua and Peter over the weekend but they had not extended this to Amos who they knew was Zak's mate. None of the band had contacted Lee.

Zak arrived with his usual morose expression.

"The bitch is trying to divorce me," he said without a greeting.

"What d'you expect?" Joshua said. "After what you did to Ged on the tour and tricked her into marrying you?"

"He stole Cassie from me," Zak said moodily. "She got back with me fast enough. She always fancied me."

Amos looked angry. Zak was persisting in his lie, but Amos said nothing. Peter noticed.

"Come on, Zak," Peter intervened. "She'd finished with you long before Ged came on the scene. You know that."

"But she came back to me," Zak said stubbornly. "I know she still wanted me when she was with him. She liked his stuck up ways. She thought he was upmarket. I was stupid about the wedding but she wanted me. We were happy."

"You heard about Ged? He's been beaten up!" Joshua said.

"Serves the bastard right; teach him to steal other blokes' wives," Zak growled. "They should have killed the fucker."

"Your mate Lee did it. Seen him?" Joshua prodded.

"Silly bugger lost his mask running away," Zak said. "Some cunt got a photo of him. He's out on bail. Won't be in tonight."

"Your dear little wife has been at the hospital every day," Peter said with a hint of mockery. "Ged getting beat up seems to have brought them back together. You know they separated? Now they're back together; bad move, getting him beaten up."

"He got what he deserved. He won't be fucking around with that keyboard any more."

"What?" exclaimed Joshua.

"Let's say his hands are demic now, someone's boots trod on them."

The band were silent at that. It was a step too far. As musicians they felt that this was an atrocity. Joshua recovered first. They had all deduced that Zak was behind Ged's attack.

"You are a real fucking bastard Zak," he snarled. "That bloke's well gifted, and it's done you no good, has it? She's still divorcing you, and I'll bet she's all over him now, full of compassion. You are such a fucking fool, you loser!"

Zak looked uncertain for a moment, then smiled evilly. "She won't be getting any divorce. I'm not answering them court letters. Some bloke from the court came and gave me the forms again. I won't answer that either. Stupid cow'll be stuck, the bitch."

"Zak, you're one stupid motherfucker," said Peter. "If you don't answer, it'll go ahead without you. Did nobody tell you that?"

"It can't," said Zak obstinately. "That lawyer of hers said same as you; he was bluffing. They have to hear both sides."

"Not if you don't answer," said Peter. "My Mum and Dad went through this in their divorce. If you want any say, you have to answer."

"Well I'll say I don't want the divorce."

"You need a lawyer for that, and it'll cost. And you'll lose. Then you pay her costs as well. Thousands, Zak. I know, I watched it happen at home. Mum contested it and nearly lost the house. Get it through your thick skull, you can't win. If she wants a divorce she'll get it. In the end you'll lose a wad of cash."

"Well I'll fight her about the money."

"What's she asking for?"

Zak was silent for a moment. "She's not asked for nowt, but she gets more than me. We haven't had that many gigs and I'm skint. I'll get half her cash."

Peter shook his head. "You want half, oh yeah, you'll get it OK. What've you got? A house Zak. She'll get half the value of the house, once the mortgage is paid off. You want to lose the house? Go ahead and ask that everything is split half and half. Quit while you're ahead, Zak, and let her go. She's going anyway."

That was the end of the discussion, and the band went through their numbers, but the spirit had gone out of it, and they knew it. They disbanded early and went their separate ways. If they got drunk that night, each did it alone.

Amos was seething with anger at Zak. He had grown away from Zak who had been less and less friendly as he became more angry and morose. Now Zak had in so many words admitted to something so heinous that Amos knew he had to do something.

Cassie was a good woman, he thought, and he was still feeling guilty about the part he had played in her unhappiness. Come to that, Ged was a good bloke. He had done nothing to Zak, and Zak had crippled him in the worst way. Amos was in no doubt it was Zak who had stamped on Ged's hands; that finished him as Zak's mate.

He got out his phone and keyed in a number.

"Is that the police? No, no names, I know who beat up that bloke Friday."

--

Chapter Forty Three

On Wednesday Cassie stood before the front door of Ged's house and felt excitement and a tingling of fear as if she were trespassing. It turned into puzzlement and distress when, as she opened the front door she heard a woman humming. Karin!

She had no time to react, for as she entered the hall, it was not Karin but a middle-aged woman who emerged from a room to the rear of the property.

The woman stopped in her tracks and stopped her humming, and regarded the intruder. She spoke.

"You're Cassie, isn't it?" she said, and it was not really a question at all. "You're the pretty young lass he's been moping and pining for all these months. Isn't it dreadful what those men did to Ged? Is he coming home soon? And how will he manage?"

All said with a smile, and a lilt of the Welsh, then a frown and a questioning look. "Oh, look you, you don't know me at all do you, Cariad? I'm Gwen; I'm his part-time housekeeper." Gwen laughed, "Fancy me not telling you who I was, I could have been anyone eh?"

It all came out in one long sentence, in a tuneful Welsh accent, and when she stopped she took a long breath and laughed again.

"That's me, that is," she said. "Can't stop talking can I?"

Cassie smiled, uncertain as to whether to answer all the questions or not. She decided to be selective.

"Hello," she said by way of a start, walking towards the woman and extended her hand. They shook.

"Yes, I'm Cassie," she said. "He's doing all right considering, but with his hands being bandaged, he'll need a helper. I've volunteered, so I'll be moving in to look after him. He might be allowed out this week. I came to get the lie of the land, so to speak."

"Very wise my lover," Gwen said. "Shall I show you round, and then you'll want to do your own exploring, especially the kitchen, eh?"

--

Ged watched the evening news on the room's lounge TV, and was surprised to see that Zak had been arrested in connection with the assault.

Behind the reporter who was standing outside Zak's house, one could see the forensic team in their coveralls bringing out clothing and shoes in bags. Someone must have shopped him and Ged wondered who it was.

Cassie came to see him that evening full of admiration for his house and for his housekeeper, whom she called 'a sweetie'. She brought clothes and underwear for him, and his eyes lit up; it made his departure seem all the nearer.

He told her about Zak's arrest and she looked thoughtful. They discussed whether Lee had confessed, or if someone else had told the police of Zak's involvement, but obviously came to no conclusion.

Then it was time for another crossword. Cassie felt happier having done something constructive, and Ged felt gratitude for her selfless devotion to him in coming home to look after him. They both noticed how peaceful they were together as they puzzled over the clues. Neither spoke of it.

After she had gone, he phoned his mother and told her he was going home the next day and that Cassie was going with him. She did not comment on Cassie but hoped he felt a lot better.

Thursday!

The great day arrived. Cassie got the call mid-morning to collect Ged who would be ready early afternoon. He was dressed and sitting in his chair when she arrived on the ward.

He had had the final visit from the specialist and his assistant, and had been dressed by the same pretty nurse who had been the first he had seen when he awoke from his sedation. He had again felt that frisson of excitement as she stripped him and then began to pull up his underpants.

"The swelling has gone down well," she observed of his testicles. "The bruising around them will take a little longer. Any pain?" she asked, lightly fondling his balls, the better to inspect them.

"Not really," he replied, trying to prevent his penis from rising in admiration of her and her attention to it, and partially failing. She made no comment, as she pulled his underpants the rest of the way, for which he was grateful.

The rest of his dressing went without mishap, an orderly had arrived to pack his bag, and he had settled to wait for Cassie. The charge nurse had brought his medication and ensured he knew what pills to take and when. She gave him his outpatients' appointment card, and told him there would be physiotherapy appointments when his hands were liberated from the strapping and plaster.

With all the paperwork finished, the nurse phoned Cassie to come for him. It was nearly midday.

When Cassie arrived he stood and she came to him, put her hands on his shoulders and kissed him softly. She looked into his eyes, and he thought he could see happiness there, and felt a surge of happiness in return.

"Ready?" she asked, unnecessarily.

"Can't wait to get home," he said.

Outside the hospital, the phalanx of reporters and TV crews had gone, Ged's attack being a one day wonder. There were two reporters and a photographer, who asked the usual inane questions.

Was he pleased to be going home? He was. Was Mrs Copthorne going with him? She was. Were they now an item? No, she was helping him. Was she pleased that her husband had been arrested for attacking Ged? No she wasn't. The photographer took a couple of pictures and they were allowed to escape to her car. There would be some small coverage in the next day's papers, and perhaps a mention in the local TV news.

She inserted him into her car, stowed his bags and then drove him home. Little was said on the journey but Cassie could see him looking about him, drinking in the details of his surroundings. Even though it had only been a few days that he had been in hospital, it seemed like a lifetime and everything felt new to him.

"I'm glad to be back," he said at length, "and so happy you're coming home with me."

Cassie smiled at that, her eyes on the road.

"I'm glad too," she said, and both knew she wanted to say more but dare not. Neither did Ged want to fill her silence. Both were in a sense shy, fearful of saying the wrong thing. They had both been through such unhappiness, this was a chance neither wished to jeopardise.

If Ged feared Cassie was going to mother him, it did not take long before such fears were laid to rest. She did not urge him to sit down while she got him a drink; she did not flutter about, or ask him if he was comfortable, did he need anything?

Instead she took his bags up to his room and let him roam the ground floor while she unpacked. When she came down with his dirty washing, he was standing in the living room gazing out at the garden.

She put the washing in the machine and started it, then came up behind him and gently hugged him to her, conscious of his bruising.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" she said peacefully. Her hand came up to stroke his face and he put his own bandaged hand over hers.

It seemed to be as much as she dared to do, for immediately she was all business.

"I need to do some shopping. Gwen's got some basics in, but we need meals for the weekend and next week. Is there anything you want while I'm out?"

Ged had checked with the charge nurse about the compatibility of his medication with alcohol. He was assured his painkillers were mild now.