My Fragile Male Ego

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For all her legal skill, Patricia's pretty transparent, at least to me. I could see in her eyes that she was trying on counter arguments, testing them out, seeing which might work. And then I saw when she realized that it was really over. It was like a light turned off in her eyes.

*

Once Patricia decided not to fight it, the divorce went quickly. We did the usual horse trading--her jewelry for my tools and TV, her furniture for my partially-restored Mustang. In the end, we sold the house, split everything down the middle, and saved a lot of money on lawyers.

The thing about divorce is that, even when it's over, it's not over. I still see Patricia a lot--at our kids' birthdays, anniversaries, Christmases. Sometimes, she brings a date, and I usually have a woman on my arm. For the last year or so, it's been the same woman, and I can tell by the look in Patricia's eyes that she knows what that means.

I try not to gloat, but sometimes my willpower...well, it can be a little fragile.

12