My Grandmother’s Cookbook Ch. 05

Story Info
Tim meets his cousin and finds out about his past.
3.8k words
4.54
5.4k
4

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 12/14/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This store should be Categorized as fiction but there is no category for that so we'll start off with mind control

Please forgive the spelling and the grammar. I am not a writer and do not pretend to be one. I do this for my own fun.

This store is purely fictional, witchcraft does not exist or does it.

Thank you for reading my stories

It only seemed like yesterday, but six months has passed since our trip to that little seaside town. I remember the fun we had, and the crazy things we did. Since that trip Kim has become outgoing, flirtatious, and loves to show off. When we are away from our local area, Kim loves to play her little game of show and tell. If we are out in public, her favorite attire is a loose semi-sheer sun dress. When the sun is behind her, the dress becomes virtually transparent. This always draws the attention of men and some women. She finds it thrilling to expose herself without being truly naked. For an extra touch, she'll lean forward, allowing the dress to open and reveal her breasts. If someone happens to get a glance, that's like bonus points.

When we are out in the boat, she likes to wear a sheer white one piece suit that fits tight and accentuates her curvy mature body. After a day or evening of this activity, Kim becomes tremendously excited, which always makes our sex better.

When we're not out playing Kim's new game, we are home doing our normal routine. Kim, always looking for the next place to travel, trying to find the lowest airfares and inexpensive places to stay. Me, I have a dozen projects going, one is working on my boat. I try to go fishing as often as I can, but there always seems to be something to fix or someplace Kim wants to go.

For fun, we go out in the boat to a local bar by water, or meet up some friends at the sandbar. In the evening go out to listen to live music, or to eat. Sometimes we see our friends, but most of the time it just us. I no longer need the potion for Kim, so I've stored it safely in the back of the garage refrigerator, and forgotten about it, along with my grandmother's cookbook with her recipes.

One afternoon I was going through my emails, most of which were ads and subscriptions. I deleted most of them, but I saw one that caught my eye. It was from someone named Rosa Catalina. The name sounded familiar, so I opened it.

"Hello Tim, this is Rosa. It's been a long time. I hope you remember me; I am your grandmother's friend Elsa's granddaughter. I'm moving to your area to escape the cold weather and would like to meet with you and go over old times. Please let me know."

Thinking back, I barely remembered her at a few family picnics when I was very young. I responded, "Yes, I remember you. You were that pesky little girl always tagging along. It would be great to see you again." I didn't think anything would ever come from it.

She responded, "I'll let you know when I get settled."

I told Kim about the email and Rosa.

"I don't remember you ever talking about a cousin named Rosa."

"She's not my real cousin. We just called each other that. I barely remember her. All I remember is that she always tagged along, wanting to be one of the guys. She was a skinny whimsical, free-spirited hippie type of girl that wore loose-fitting clothes and long skirts."

"I think it would be cool for you to meet her and go over old times. If you want, I'd be happy to go with you."

"We'll see if anything turns out." Our life continued as normal.

I had forgotten about Rosa until 8 weeks later. Rosa emailed me that she was settled in a town a little ways away, and would like to meet. I emailed her back. "That would be great. We can meet this Saturday for lunch at a little local restaurant I know, halfway between us." I also included my phone number if she felt like calling.

Saturday morning was slow around the house. Kim was off shopping and doing errands. I did a few chores until it was time for me to leave. I walked into the restaurant and looked over to the booths. There was a long-haired brunette with her hair pulled back, waving at me. She looked familiar, like the Rosa I knew from childhood, only 20 years older. She was medium to slim, fairly plain Jane, slightly tanned, and had the biggest smile. "Hi Tim, I'm so glad you came."

She wore the same type of clothes as when she was a child, a flowery peasant blouse with a long red velvet skirt and sandals and smelled of sandalwood. "Tim, we have so much we need to talk about."

I looked at her, puzzled, "What do you mean?"

"I'll explain, but first, let's order some lunch." After the waitress left, she started talking about her move, the area, her marriage and divorce, her one and only daughter, and her life. It was just a bunch of small talk. As we ate, she continued with family history, but her first comment earlier had me intrigued. We were about done with our food when Rosa looked at me in a quiet voice. "Have you been practicing any magic?

Puzzled, "I don't understand what you mean?"

"You know, your spells."

"I'm still not following you?"

"You're telling me your grandmother never told you about your gift?"

"What Gift? She never talked to me about any gift. All I remember about my grandmother was a sweet old lady that baked cookies and was friendly to everybody."

"She never talked to you about her family history and that she was an Elementary witch?

"I told you she never talked to me about anything like what you are saying. Where'd you come up with this."

"Both our grandmothers were Elementary witches. It's in their family. But it always skips a generation. So, you and I should have the Gift."

"I don't know anything about any gift you're talking about. I don't have anything that I could say was a gift."

"You probably have it; you just don't know it. Do you remember when you thought about something, then it came true? Or if you thought something was going to happen before it happened. Like seeing into the future."

"Well, there was a time I saved a boy's life. I felt that if he crossed the road, something bad would happen. He was about to go, I grabbed him and I pulled him back, just as a car pulled out and would have hit him."

"Well, that's your gift showing itself."

"Ya, right, that was just a fluke."

"I remember the time you saved that girl at my grandmother's lake. She fell into the water and drowned. My mother's friend, the nurse, couldn't revive her and told us she was a goner. But you picked her up in your arms, and she came back to life."

"She wasn't dead, just unconscious. I didn't save her life."

"What about that day we were all going to the fair in the next town? But you didn't want to go because you said something bad would happen. My mother said we couldn't without you. But you refused and we all stayed home. Later that evening, we heard on the radio that the fair caught on fire. 25 people were burned, and 6 died. Some of us might have been one of the people that got burned."

"Oh, I remember that, boy did you guys hate me for not going!"

"Yes, that is until we found out about the fire. We were all glad we didn't go."

"Ok, maybe there is something to what you're saying. Tell me more about what an Elementary which is."

"They're good people that use things from the Earth to help make life better for others."

I listen to Rosa talk about her family and how to use our gift. "All we need is to reach down inside of ourself find the power and start using it."

At first, I didn't believe what she was saying, but the more she told me. I began to think about the things in my past that had happened and made sense now. "We know it skips a generation; my mother was never told about the Gift because she would never be able to use it. Neither was yours. Our grandparents are the only ones that could pass on the knowledge and the skills."

I thought, "Why did my grandmother tell me? Did she think I was not a good person? Or maybe she thought I didn't have the Gift. Then, when Rosa spoke, she broke my thought.

"Now that I have told you about this. You must never mention it to anybody. Most people will not understand or believe, and some will think you're crazy."

We finished lunch and agreed to keep in touch. On the way home, I called my mother and asked her if there were any other old books my grandmother had left. My mother said there were two boxes she just hadn't gotten around to going through. They were filled with recipe books, miscellaneous things, and some written notes. I was welcome to take them. I arranged to meet with her the following Tuesday and pick them up.

On Tuesday, I stopped at my mother's house to pick up the boxes on my way home. We talked briefly about her health and my brothers. When we were finished, I picked up the boxes and placed them in my truck, hugged and kissed my mother, said goodbye, and headed home. As carried them in, Kim looked at me, "More old junk! What are you going to do with that stuff?"

"No, it's just some stuff my grandmother had, and I wanted to look through it."

"I apologize. I know how you feel about your grandmother."

"Thank you."

I was just leaving to go out with my friends for the evening. There are some leftovers you can eat."

"Ok, Have fun." This gave me time to go through the boxes. The first four books were about identifying natural spices or herbs. At the bottom of the box, I found a leatherback book with no words and a strange symbol on the cover. I opened the first page; it was all handwritten in calligraphy. The title read Spells, Incantations, Potions, and Recipes. I thought I found something worthwhile. I started breezing through the pages; most were essential holistic healing recipes for different ailments. I was disappointed with the content, so I moved on to the next bunch of books. They were more of the same, identifying different tree barks for use in recipes.

At the bottom of the second box was an old tattered book held together with tape. It too, had another interesting symbol on the cover. I removed it from the box and set it aside. Under the book was a slender branch of a tree about 12", a clear green crystal, and a folded-up piece of paper. On the piece of wood, there was some hand-carved words that I couldn't make out. On the larger end was a little knob, which looked like a wand of some kind. I set it aside for later. I opened the folded piece of paper.

"Hello Tim, I knew one day you would find out about your special Gift and come looking. I'm sure you are wondering why I never told you, and I hope you forgive me for not telling you. You are exceptional, and I didn't want to influence your decision whether to go down the same road I took or go out and make it on your own. Ether route you choose, I will not be there to help, but I have put together these books to guide you. When you are doubtful and unsure, rub the crystal, I will appear and guide you. I love you always, Grandma."

I picked up the crystal. Immediately I felt its power. I began to rub it and closed my eyes, and an image of my grandmother appeared. "Oh, my sweet child, it has been so long since we have seen each other. I miss our time together. Unfortunately, I can't stay long as it takes a great deal of my energy to be here with you."

"Grandma, I miss you too. But I do not understand anything about this."

"I know. Read the books and try your magic. You have great power, and I know you will use it for good. I have to go now." As the image faded, I called out for her. But she was gone.

I collapsed into my chair, wishing we had more time. Then, after a few moments, I saw the old leather book. I opened it, and on the first page, it read spells, incantations, and potions for family, friends, lovers, and enemies. Unfortunately, before I could get very far into the book, I heard Kim's car pull into the garage. Not wanting her to know what I was doing, I quickly put everything back in the boxes, except for the crystal, the wand, and the leather book.

Kim walked into the room, "What are you doing?"

"I was going through these boxes of my grandmother's books."

"Find anything interesting?"

Not wanting to tell her more, "No, just old recipes for liver and onions."

"You're not going to make that for dinner, are you?"

"Don't worry. I don't like liver and onions ether."

"Good. By the way, is it ok if I go out with the girls next Wednesday for a girl's night?"

"Sure, I was figuring to meet up with Rosa and go over more family history." Part of that was true.

I texted Rose about what I had found, she texted me back and was very interested. I held back information about the crystal and the wand, not knowing if it was good or bad. She texted me that we might meet next Wednesday evening to review our books.

The logical place for us to meet would be at Rosa's house, she lived alone, and we would have no distractions.

The next evening, while Kim was watching her T.V. show, I had a chance to go through the old book. I opened it to the second page, and there was the table of contents of spells and their uses. The second to the last chapter was labeled "The Wand." The last chapter was at the end was one labeled "The Crystal." I opened The Crystal chapter and started to read.

The Crystal

Warning: All crystals is very powerful and should never fall into the hands of anyone other than an Elementary witch.

History: There are five crystals. One for each of the natural elements. Earth, Water, Fire, Air, and Space. Earth: Power over the ground, rocks, tress Etc. Color: lite brown

Water: Seas, Rain, Rivers etc. Color: Turquoise

Fire: Flames Protect from fire. Color: Red

Air: Wind, Weather, Storms. Color: Blue

Space: Time, Inner space, Outer Space. Color: Clear green

The crystals are believed to be from a meteorite that broke apart when it entered the Earth's atmosphere. A person holding a crystal will have the power to control crystal's power over its element. When combined, the person possessing all five will have unlimited power over all the Earth's natural elements.

The chapter went further into its power and the things the person that held it could do. I skipped through most of it to the end. There was a closing

Note: The dark side of the crystal can affect even an Elementary witch, and one should be aware that by possessing a crystal, one will have to fight the evil side of its power.

Still not 100% sure that this stuff wasn't a bunch of B.S., I disregarded the warning and put the crystal around my neck. That night as I slept, I dreamt about hearing voices in my head. The following day, I woke up, thought it was just a dream, and forgot about it.

Wednesday night, I headed to Rosa's house. It was in an old, quaint part of town, close to restaurants, stores, and other local activities. I walked up to the front door. The house was simple with a large front porch, not too fancy, earthy with a small herb garden in the front. Just the kind of house I would think Rosa would live in. I rang the doorbell. Rosa opened the door with a big smile, her eyes beaming with delight. She reached out and gave me a big hug.

"Great to see you again, cousin."

"Great to see you too. You know we're really not cousins."

"Yes, I know, but I still think of you as one." She was wearing a loose-fitting blue and green floral dress down to her knees. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail. She had minimum if any makeup. "Would you like a little tour before we get started?"

"That would be great. I've never been here before."

"Well, as you can tell, this is my entry."

"Yes, I surmised that."

The house smelled of lavender and incense, making it feel warm and comfortable. We walked down the hall till we reached the first door on the left.

Opening it, "This is the second bath and also used as the guest bath." It was simple, with some knickknacks on the walls and behind the toilet seat. The next door was to the guest bedroom. The room was light and airy, with a feminine touch. We moved on to the master bedroom. It was a mixture of seventies hippie and 2000 Bohemian. I felt warm and comfortable. It looked just the way I would imagine her room would look. We moved back to the living room, a collection of old vintage and thrift shops. There were all kinds of different photos and pictures on the wall, and I noticed one of her grandmother.

"Your Grandmother sure was a beautiful lady."

"Yes, she was. In many ways."

"I remember going to your house a few times. She always had a warm smile and a plate of freshly baked cookies.

"She loved to bake those cookies. This is the kitchen. There is not much to see." In one corner of the countertop, she had a collection of all types of herbs and spices.

"I see you've been collecting a few of the hard-to-find ingredients."

"Oh, I've been doing that for a few years now. But I haven't used any of them yet. I have been trying to learn more before I use them. This is the door to my backyard." We stepped outside, and it was a warm Spring evening with a gentle breeze. The sun had just set, and off in the distance, I could hear sounds of the city, and the faint sounds of wind chimes. The yard was a mixture of large oak trees with limbs that hung low and fruit trees, all dimly lit with solar lights. In the center was a little table with some chairs around it. "This is where I come to meditate."

"I can see why. It's very tranquil."

"Well, that's the grand tour. Are you ready to get started?"

"Sure." We went back inside and sat down at the kitchen table.

"So where shall we start?"

"How much do you know?"

"I don't know a lot. Remember you just told me about this the other week?"

"Yeah, I forgot. I have been looking through the book and found a simple spell that I've been trying out."

"Oh, like what?"

"How to get a flower to bloom."

"Have you had any success?"

"Partly, but then the flower wilts."

"Why don't you show me?"

"Ok, I'll give it another try." She walked over to a flower pot in the corner and leaned over to pick an unopened flower. As she bent over, the front of her dress opened, giving me a glance at her perky breasts. I looked away so she wouldn't see me looking down her dress. I heard a female voice in my ear. "Take another look." Without thinking, I looked again. It was so sudden I didn't have time to make out any distinguishing features. Rosa stood up, placed the flower in a small vase, and set it on the table. Then she closed her eyes and concentrated. In a low voice, she started saying some words of the spell she had memorized. I watched as the flower started to move, and the pedals began to unfold. Rosa opened her eyes to see, and as soon as she did, it wilted and fell over.

"I see the problem. Everything was going great until you opened your eyes and lost your concentration. That's when the flower wilted."

"Do you think so?"

"Sure, I saw it happen."

"Ok, I'll try it again. This time I'll keep concentrating and won't open my eyes." Rosa stood up and went over to the flower pot to get another flower. As she leaned over as she did before, that female voice told me to look down her dress. I was about to. Then I heard a male voice telling me not to do it. I shook my head a little and turned back to the table. Rosa placed the flower in the small vase. She closed her eyes again, started to concentrate, and said the spell. The flower began to move, and the petals unfolded, this time they unfolded until they were completely open. Rosa opened her eyes and saw the flower had opened and boomed

"Wow, holy crap, I did it!"

"You sure did."

"I didn't think I would be able to do it! We need to celebrate this with a glass of wine." She got up, went to the refrigerator, and brought out a bottle of white wine, pouring two glasses. Giving me one, she raised hers and toasted.

"To our new adventure." We drank the wine and talked about the other spells that we wanted to work on. She was so giddy and so proud of herself, finally getting the 1st spell right. She opened her book to show me the next spell she wanted to try. It was to move an object. She began to read the spell, as I finished the 2nd glass.

12