My RA Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"My dear lady, you got an opportunity and you knocked it out of the park. "

"People were not raving about your lack of experience, they are raving about 'The best darn wedding cake they ever tasted and are prepared to tell their friends about you'. My readers could care less about your experience. When it comes to food, people know if they like it or not after the first bite. These people are only disappointed because they could not have more. I hope you are ready to expand. I would start interviewing for two dessert chefs from the local schools. Get someone who knows the business side of baking. They know the tricks for you making it for the least and still keep the price reasonable."

All the baker could do was reach for the nearest glass of water. The baker screamed, "Rose you set me up. Thank you ever so much."

Gail thought the wedding was perfect. A day she would remember. This was no second-rate wedding, it was planned to the smallest detail. Gail had a feeling it would not stop at the wedding either. Gail had to make an announcement.

"I need to thank all of those who helped plan this wedding. I am sorry I did not help more with the wedding, that was very unfair of me and I am sure it stressed a lot of people out. It has surpassed my wildest imaginings and I am sure there are more surprises in store for us."Gail and Jerry came back to school a couple of days later to finish their studies and take their finals.

The next day Mei and Joy went to grab Jerry and Gail and dragged them down to the quad. When they got there each was given a bottle of soap bubbles. Everyone was running around blowing bubbles at each other, the parents congratulated the young couple. Many asked where they were going on their honeymoon. "Not a clue. My sister and her team planned everything."

When the big day was upon them, Dennis showed up in a suit and a limo driver's cap. Dennis was under orders to make a couple full passes through the airport. Joy and Mei were in the front seat with Dennis, they could barely contain themselves. They both wore sunglasses so their eyes would not give them away. Gail was getting frustrated, she did not like being toyed with. After the second false pass, she was just getting plain mad, Joy and Mei giggled.

Finally, they pulled up to an Air France terminal. Joy and Mei dragged both of them up to the check-in line. Joy said, "You must excuse my friends. They are going on their honeymoon and still don't know where they are going. We even had to pack their bags."

The worker commented, "All I got to say is she has great friends and I wish I could have afforded Paris for my honeymoon."

"What did she say, Joy?"

"Nothing Gail, here are your boarding passes and I have programmed your phone how to get to the inn. Make sure you get some Champagne while you are on board." Gail finally looked at the boarding passes; first-class direct flight to Paris, France. Jerry look, "Paris! I have always wanted to go there. How did they ever manage a place in Paris?" Jerry was also shocked, "I guess we owe them a ton of pictures and videos."

Even the flight attendant knew they were newlyweds. She gave them something to drink early, a half of a glass later and they were sound asleep in each other's arms. "I heard they did not know where they were going until a few minutes ago. How do you hide Paris from your friends?" Then came yet another surprise. All the adults were given Champagne and all the children were given ginger ale. "Attention passengers, onboard we have Jerry and Gail. They are brand new newlyweds so the Captain would like everyone to give them a toast for a long life."

"Here, here" and a round of applause rang out through the cabin.

The Captain came back and offered Jerry his deepest condolences. Gail laughed heartily. "Do enjoy Paris, have the flight attendant write down some do not miss items." The inn was not far outside of Paris; the owners, Fredrick and Celeste, went all out in their preparations. They loved young love so they let the young couple stay at a reduced rate. Everywhere you looked there were fresh flowers adorning the area? The owners let it be known if they needed transport or a guide it would be provided to them. They wanted their experience to be memorable. Jerry and Gail just wanted to sleep, a trans-Atlantic flight tire you out.

The next day Gail brought her list to their host to get it all edited and prioritized. "Versalsis formal garden" would be at their peak right now so that was moved quickly to number one. Gail was surprised the Paris underground was in the top five. Gail wanted two days for shopping. The gardens were breathtaking. In the Hall of Mirrors, you could feel the enormity of history.

Jerry had bought several high volume memory cards. One card for each place they visited. Each night they regaled their hosts with the events of the day. Even though their hosts knew all about the places they visited, it was the enjoyment that Gail and Jerry brought to the stories, almost like seeing something through new eyes. Each night they would plan for the next day. The food was rustic but it seemed better that way.

One night Gail pulled Celeste to one side after dinner. She tried to explain to her about Joy. Gail was thinking of getting her perfume but was afraid Joy would never wear it.

"What if you got her Parisian fashion but practical not flashy?"

"Maybe a scarf, her parents live up north where snowfall is measured in meters not inches. Joy's best attribute is her inner beauty. If we can think of something that is far from flashy but showed her caring heart it would be perfect. She loves children." The wife promised she would think about it. Your friend Joy must be a remarkable woman Gail.

"Oh she is, she was adopted by two schools and the town over 35,000 signatures. She has certificates for each one, they are under her bed. If she had her way they would be in deep storage."All are inspired by her. It is frustrating because we know she would be very uncomfortable with acclaim even though she deserves it." The next morning Celeste made a change to the agenda. Celeste suggested Notre Dame would be good and talk to an English speaking priest about Joy. Notre Dame was amazing, such vision on a grand scale.

"I wish I had parishioners like that," said the priest."Tell me, is she a religious type of person? If she is you may want to get English Bible research materials. Those that she uses when she is alone with God. She probably has a favorite Bible."

Gail was energized; she called Mei immediately. It was 5 AM at home. The priest smiled when Gail realized her error. Yes, Joy had a Bible, a well-thumbed one. Joy went through every book of the Bible not just four or five books. Mei said, "It did not look like she had any research materials." The father told them where to go to get the English books and what ones to get. It would put a hole in their Paris budget, Jerry agreed. This was for Joy, they would not be the people they are today without her. "Thank you very much, Father."

After Gail told Fredrick and Celeste about Joy's presents, Celeste saw Jerry and Gail cross one must seething after another off because they spent too much on Joy. Celeste could only weep once she realized what happened. They virtually sacrificed their honeymoon for Joy. When Celeste told Fredrick, he couldn't understand why she would do that, they still have a week left but could not do anything.

Fredrick made calls all over. No newlywed guests of his were not going to see his homeland just because they had a caring heart. All of his friends were in agreement, they were proud of their country. When Gail came to breakfast, she was torn. Everything in their book had been crossed off. She really did want to see Paris. "Oh child, everything will be all right. Child, let me understand, you have such love for this friend of yours you were willing to sacrifice a once in a lifetime trip and your husband fully agrees?" Gail trying to fight through her tears, and failing, just nodded her head through her sniffles.

With that, Celeste picked up the binder and tossed it in the trash bin. Gail was confused. "Child, we figured what a selfless act you did. Fredrick and I love our homeland. There is more to France than Paris." A new binder was put on the table. It was full of places to go to. "It is time for us to show you our France. Bring your camera." Out on the street, three cars were fueled up and ready to go. All of their friends found others to watch their shops. They had seven days to show Gail and Jerry their country. Gail soon found out this was an all-expenses-paid trip, even gifts. Fredrick and Celeste were loved in not just the town but the region and then some. Everyone bent over backward to ensure Gail and Jerry got a honeymoon to remember.

The weather could not be better. Eating in the outside cafes was a treat. Sometimes they did not know what they were eating, but it was all good. This was far better than Paris. They went all over France, sometimes they had to take the bullet train. It was all a whirlwind. Frederick and his friends were immensely enjoying showing Gail and Jerry their country. Frederick said to Celeste, "Next time have them skip Paris. I have not enjoyed myself so much since I was young. Gail, tell Joy to give us a call if she needs a honeymoon. "

At the end of the week, Gail and Jerry simply did not know what to say. Fredrick and Celeste literally saved their honeymoon. Sometimes, it takes a crisis to bring out the humanity of others. The flight attendant recognized them. "How did you enjoy Paris? " Gail said "With a week to go we spent too much money for a dear friend. All the must-see places had to be crossed off our list, I was in tears. Our honeymoon was saved and probably better than Paris ever would have been."

"How did you ever get a room at that inn, it is booked three years in advance? Gail, around Paris, maybe all of France there are just two people who could do what you say. They know practically everyone in France. They are loved by all. There was no way you were going home with a bad honeymoon. I bet they took you all over France, they are so proud of their country they love to show it off. Fredrick and Celeste are very special people. How many friends went with you?"

"Ten to fifteen, depending on where we were."

When Gail got back to school they knew exactly where Joy would be, the library. They were surprised to see Mei there. Apparently, Mei wanted to pick up her grades so she wanted to learn the formula Joy used to get good grades. Joy taught her a few tricks but for the most part, you just needed to bust your butt to get the grades.

That night Gail and Jerry presented Joy with the gifts from France. Joy thought it was too much and did not want to accept them. Mistress told Joy she wanted to have a word with her in the hall.

Dawn said, "Of course, you have the right to refuse the gifts if you wish. Joy, Gail, and Jerry wanted to give you a gift. They knew you would not accept anything material. They knew they had to get you something for your inside. They asked a priest at Notre Dame. Gail called Mei at 5 AM. You can use these when you are alone with God, maybe understand your Bible better. Joy you also have the option to accept the gift from Gail and Jerry then give it to who you want to. "

Joy came back into the room in tears, she gave Gail a big hug. "Gail, keeping myself right with God is very important to me. If these books can enhance my time with God, I can only be a better person. I am sorry I first wanted to not accept them; it was very selfish of me. You selected these gifts for me not as a joke but because of love."

"Joy, because of these books we took a whole week and went all over France. We went with our landlord and his wife and many of their friends. They loved showing us their France. They were very proud of their homeland so showing it off to newlyweds was very special for them. Frederick even said he never had so much fun since he was young. He wants you to call him if you ever need a honeymoon. The inn you booked us in has a three-year waiting list. I will remember the trip for the rest of my life."

"You have to keep in touch with me often. Every day I get a letter from you it will be the highlight of my week unless I get another letter from you." Gail picked up Joy's mobile and quickly added Jerry's and her contact information.

Mei was listening closely, tomorrow she will make a call to a pastor. She wanted to get a Bible that was easy to read but also had the flexibility to go deeper than just reading. She thought if the Bible was giving Joy structure for her studies she should give it a try. Mei was just getting a B GPA. She wanted to get a B+ or A- average next semester.

Jacob was more than happy to give Mei the information, he told her the order for the first few books. He gave Mei his personal phone number in case she had any questions. Mei decided to try one or two services to see if she liked it. Maybe she could meet some people. Jacob was delighted to meet Mei. He told her "If and when you feel comfortable I can introduce you to some of the college groups. I will let you decide when. God is a very personal decision. I have known people who come to church week after week but took over ten years to decide."

"I will answer any questions. I will help you with the questions you have and help with what you are reading. Call me night or day, I know you college kids can have offbeat hours." Jacob realized the situation may get out of hand so he told Noel and the board of elders to keep him accountable. Mei called Jacob to get some information about the Northfield group. She said, "I am going to bring a friend to see how Bible based you are. She has read her Bible so much that the ink is rubbing off every page."

Joy's homework in all her classes was especially hard that night so it took much longer than anticipated. There was a couple of new people in the Bible class that night. One had to read along with Mei during the class. When Joy finally got there she saw two guys had cornered Mei. They were very aggressive, and their actions were both unwarranted and unwanted. Joy was fiercely loyal to her friends. She took her cell phone out and took some pictures and then switched to video. Mei was wondering why Joy was delaying, she was being terrorized. Mei had no idea how strong Joy was. In an instant, Joy shoved her open palm into one guy's chest as hard as she could, then she did the same with the other hand only across his windpipe. This tilted his head back so it was easy to shove two fingers in his nostrils.

Joy grabbed the other student and broke his jaw with a hard right cross. Joy said, "You two are lucky, I could have picked your eyes instead of your nose."

Joy told Mei to "Tie them up, but very loosely, just long enough to get out of here."Joy took a few more pictures. Joy said, "We have video so you can't deny this."

Joy drove Mei directly to St. Luke's. She showed the video to the nurse so she got priority. While they were working on Mei, Joy went over to security and showed them the video; this caused a flurry of calls. Everyone swore to protect Joy so by default that included her friends. It did not take long for the police to bring the two scum bags in. The difference was Mei got to number one priority, these two got put at the end of the line, even after people who came in after them.

The next day Mei found the friend she made at the group and gave her the brand new Bible she had. Mei had no intention of going back to the group. The next week Jacob noticed Mei was not at the meeting and the other new person had her Bible. After the meeting, Jacob asked her if she talked to Mei.

"Yes I did, she will not be coming back. She got assaulted last week. They will not be coming back either. One will be eating his food with a straw for the next several weeks because his jaw is wired shut. The other will be going to doctors to check out his ribs, larynx, and nose. Then they have video of the assault so court dates maybe soon."

Jacob was going to call Mei, Noel warned against it. "She is too confused right now. Wait a week and see if she will return your calls then."

Mei grabbed Joy's hand while she was studying. She wanted to call her parents and needed Joy for moral support. Studying can wait. When Joy got online she said she was just here for moral support and to fill in the gaps. Right now Mei needed the support of a Mom and Dad. Mei's parents just let her cry as she cuddled in Joy's arms, as her story flowed out. Joy decided the big guns were needed now; she reached behind her and handed Mei Bear, the one Mei trusted since she was three. Mei was a little shocked and then gave Bear the tightest hug ever. Mei's Mom was crying, it was her daughter and she couldn't be there for her.

She excused herself and called the Dean. The Dean said, "Take the next flight out. I will personally pick you up. We try to comfort our students if we can. In this case, we need a Mom. Only buy a one-way ticket so you can stay as long as you need to. Arrangements will be made within the hour."

"Mei, I just talked to your Dean, arrangements for my visit will be made within the hour. I am taking the next flight out. No objecting, it is clear having your Mom close by will help you." The night her Mom got there Mei just cried, holding Bear in one arm and her Mom in the other. Joy gave a sleep mask, pillows and blankets to the two of them, then went to the Dean's residence. The Dean was expecting her, Joy would not want to interrupt the sleep Mei needed.

The Dean suggested tomorrow "You should take Mei and her Mom to town to visit the children, no one will need to tell them something is wrong. They will come to her aid better than we ever could, they are caring and nonjudgmental and could care less about the adult crap. They will see a friend who is hurting badly, it is their job to make her happy."

The next day they did just that, the parents were concerned as they never saw Mei like this. While Mei's Mom was being introduced to the parents the kids started to work their magic. Mei's Mom was a little concerned about Mei at first but soon realized the children were helping their friend. Word spread that Mei was very sad and needed their help. All toys were dropped, activities were stopped and schools were emptied. A student just said, "Mei needs our help. " There was very little the teachers could do, "You can't say friendship is very important and needs to be encouraged. Then when a friend needs help badly, can you prevent them from helping them?"

One of the parents suggested that Mei's Mom sit down. "In about two minutes every child in the entire town will be on top of your daughter, this is just a small fraction. My guess is that there are very few children left in school; they are running as fast as their little legs can carry them." Some of the police saw what was happening. They called in and said six cars will be giving the kids a police escort. Anyone who can't keep up will get a ride.

"Joy taught our children that if they saw someone having a bad day to give them a smile and a hug. This is far worse than a bad day. They have their work cut out for them. Everything is simplistic for kids. It is just Mei is my friend, she is hurting, I can help make her happy, I will make her happy. Everything else does not matter." The parents heard the sirens and looked out the window. "I can't believe it, they got a police escort."

Mei's Mom couldn't believe what she was seeing. Mei scooped up three or four children, closed her eyes and just rocked back and forth. For that moment there were no worries or problems. A few kids broke off and surrounded Mom and Joy. They were worried also and they had to be happy for them to help Mei.

1...45678...10