My RA Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Every hand was raised.

"How many of you want to be the heavy lifters to put the hay and the feed away?"

Six raised their hands slowly. "Any more? Two more and we can have four teams

"Molly, can I count on you to do walk through inspections and call the vet if needed? You know what to look for." Molly nodded.

"We need people to feed, water and brush the horses. Then you know horses make messes in the hay, teams of two can clean that up and put more hay in. There are a lot more jobs, but let's have people sign up. If we get a lot to do one job maybe you can make ways to help each other.

Miss Dawn knew Daisy would ask Molly about everything about horses.

One night there was a huge commotion in the bunkhouse, everyone was running to the worker's stables. The noise woke up Sarah, Daisy, April and Zoe, and Miss Dawn; each took their flashlights and walked back to the workers' stables. To their surprise, two mares were giving birth at the same time; Daisy will see the miracle of life, first hand.

Miss Sarah said, "Daisy, go talk to this mommy, make her calm. April, you do the same, just like you did for 'Beauty'.

There was one vet and two mommies that couldn't wait, Miss Dawn had to foal the other. She had only done it one time before, and that was a long time ago. Fortunately, neither were a breech.

Both foals came out at the same time, Daisy was in awe about what she was seeing. Miss Sarah said, "Daisy, April come over here, they need some time to get to know each other."

The mommy was so gentle with her baby, she licked her baby clean, soon they found their mother's teat.

After Miss Dawn came back from cleaning herself up she said, "Well Daisy, Molly has never seen a foal being born, now you have seen two."

The vet said, "I have foaled two mares in one night before, but never having both born together, amazing one boy and one girl."

Daisy nervously walked up to the vet, "Mister, while you are here can you check on 'Angel' for me and tell me what I have to do to keep her well?" The vet looked up at Miss Sarah, she nodded her head.

The both walked up to see 'Angel', he checked all over. "The heart is strong, the lungs are clear, her teeth look good. Have you been riding her yet?"

"I am just riding her, no more than walking speed."

"You can go a little faster, you do not weigh much."

"Have Miss Dawn tell you when you can increase speed, she has been around horses her entire life."

"She has?"

"Yup, she and her mom have big trophy cases full of ribbons and trophies. She was no older than you when she won her first one."

"When everyone is around, ask if you can see her scrapbook, everyone loves to see it."

Daisy's mind was a whirlwind with seeing the two foals being born. She had peace of mind that 'Angel' was OK and she was doing the right things for her.

The next evening during supper, "Miss Dawn, Mr. Vet said you have been around horses a long time and you can tell me when I can go faster with 'Angel'. He said you had a scrapbook also. Could I see it please?"

Miss Dawn started to cry.

"Miss Sarah, did I say something wrong?"

"No Daisy, she has very fond memories from all of her horses. She gets emotional just thinking about them. Just give her a few minutes."

When Miss Dawn brought her scrapbook down and some tissues, she brought Daisy right up front with her. Miss Sarah held her finger against her lips telling Daisy to be quiet.

Dawn opened her book and kissed the first picture. "How are you today boy? We had two foals being born last night. 'Apache' meet Daisy, she just got her first horse. Daisy meet 'Apache'.

Daisy was confused.

Miss Sarah gave a little wave sign.

Daisy said "Hello 'Apache', you must be very special to Miss Dawn."

Dawn choking through tears, "She was my first Daisy. I won my first trophy on her."

"I didn't ever want to hurt him. Mommy said to never whip your horses. She would rather keep her pledge than to win a trophy that just sits in a trophy case. Keeping your pledge is part of you, it lasts your whole life. Miss Sarah told me you pledged that to 'Angel', thank you for that."

Daisy said, "That was the first thing that Molly wrote on the letter mommy got when I got 'Spirit', it was in big letters and underlined. I knew it was important."

To Miss Dawn, every article had energy to it, she would drag her hand down the page, just like she was reading Braille.

For some reason, she acted different when it came time to the current 'Apache', she still loved him, but it was a different kind of love.

Miss Sarah looked on, remembering the day she and Miss Dawn were watching Daisy and 'Angel', maybe it was because she grew up with the others. Just like Daisy met 'Angel'.

Daisy met 'Angel' just after 'Angel' turned one. Daisy met 'Angel' a few hours before Daisy met Molly, 'Angel' was Daisy's first friend and 'Angel' knew it.

It was a sweltering day in August when Miss Dawn said, "OK Daisy, go into town and get Molly and 'Spirit', have fun riding in the big meadow, top speed.

"I will tell Miss Sarah, she has been waiting for this day for a long time."

"Take my phone and have Molly take lots of pictures."

Miss Sarah bought two more gallons of milk today, everyone will want to toast Daisy.

While Molly and Daisy were riding, Molly said, "Do you see how 'Spirit' and 'Angel' are starting to lather? It is just like you are sweating or dogs panting, they are getting hot. If you are not close to water you might just want to dismount her. Remember to hose her down when you get back to the ranch."

Miss Sarah was watching when Daisy got back, she was exhausted. She took the saddle off 'Angel' and left her outside the stable while Daisy went in for what seemed like an inordinate amount of time. Finally, she came back and started to hose 'Angel' down.

Sarah then realized Daisy had to disconnect the foot pump and reconnect the hose; it must have been very hard for her to do. For fun, Daisy sprayed her whole head down and hugged 'Angel', all the while she was giggling, having fun with 'Angel'.

After Daisy took care of all 'Angel's' needs, she headed to the house where Miss Sarah greeted her with a big fluffy towel. "I see Molly told you how to treat a hot horse."

Daisy said, "She is just a great friend, she helps me out. 'Angel' is a great horse, I love her. I am glad Molly told me about hosing her down. I would never want to forget to do something that 'Angel' needs."

Daisy asked Miss Sarah, "Is there anything I can do to help the foals or their mommies?"

Miss Sarah said, "There are a few things; first, do not go near the foal. Mommies are very protective of their foals, even a calm one might decide to hurt you if she thinks you are going to hurt her baby. She weighs a lot more than you do Daisy."

"Put a little more food and water in mommy's food buckets. They show their babies everything, so the babies will steal mommy's food and water.

"Have you and Miss April switch the grazing the mares, they need a lot of grass for the milk.

"Call the vet to see if you or one of us need to give a foal some medicine or vitamins."

Everyone decided to have a special dinner; Daisy invited Molly and her two other friends. One last bash before fall comes. Burgers, hot dogs, chicken, fries and homemade milkshakes were served.

Miss Sarah was munching on a pile of fries before she got to her burger. Daisy conspiratorially gathered her friends together and one by one walked over and each stole two fries from Miss Sarah's plate.

"Hey, what do you think you are doing?"

Miss Dawn said, "It looks like the children are stealing from mom's food bucket." Miss Sarah turned beet red, as the others laughed at her expense.

All four girls came down to look at the foals. "And you were here the whole time?"

Daisy proudly said, "Yup, my job was to talk to that mommy to make sure she stayed calm, she had the boy. Miss April did the same thing to that mommy, she had a girl. They both came out together. Miss Dawn had to foal the one Miss April talked to."

"Wow, I wish I was here, you were so lucky Daisy. I love baby horses."

The girls walked back before the mothers got agitated.

Mr. Mayor was yet working on another project, this time not so secret; everyone could figure it out and they all approved.

Later that day, Mr. Mayor made a call to Miss Sarah, "Hello?"

"Hello Miss Sarah, this is Mr. Mayor. Would it be OK to come up before dinner tomorrow?"

Sarah replied, "Sure Mr. Mayor. I may be tied up, but Daisy can show you around as she does her jobs. I will tell chef to put another cup of water in the soup."

Daisy was surprised to see Mr. Mayor pull up into the ranch the next day. She ran up to him and gave him a big hug. Daisy took him to the main stable to show him all the horses that he had heard about. Daisy's eyes sparkled anytime she was close to 'Angel'. Daisy fed, watered and brushed her first. Mr. Mayor visited 'Apache' while she was doing that, taking pictures.

Daisy turned and said, "Mr. Mayor, can you turn the flash off please? The horses may not like that. I don't want to get on the bad side of one of the mommies."

Mr. Mayor was surprised at the set-up of the stables. They went to the DIY stables next. Daisy always felt proud about that Miss Sarah put her officially in charge of that area early on. The workers' stables were next. Mr. Mayor took lots of pictures of the foals and of one mommy.

Daisy said, "It looks like Miss April took one of the mommies out already; we can take this one out to graze for a while. Just watch where you walk. Miss Sarah told me she read that mommyies need to eat up to fifteen hours a day to keep them and their babies healthy."

When they approached the house, Daisy asked, "Mr. Mayor, when we go in, could you take your shoes off please? I will show you where to put them."

Mr. Mayor was surprised, Miss Sarah had two wardrobe type cabinets, inside they were all cubby holes with everyone's name of them. On the left side of the cubby there was a spot for your outside boots, the right side was divided so you could have two pair of indoor shoes. There were some extra spots for visitors. Daisy's spot was right in the middle so she could reach it easy, Molly's was right next to it.

One of the hands saw Mr. Mayor had just socks on and went out to the bunkhouse.

"Mr. Mayor, you can wear these over your socks, they keep my feet warm in winter time."

Sarah said, "I want all of you to know, I slaved all day cooking this meal." Everyone chuckled, knowing she used several slow-cookers; it made sense since they all ate five hours apart. Supper was different if they were having meat.

The eggplant parmesan tasted fantastic. Mr. Mayor said, "This is fantastic, you certainly live high on the eggplant out here."

Sarah said, "Some of the children came out here one day and planted a lot of different things. The eggplant and tomatoes are theirs."

"Those cookers are a Godsend once you know how to use them. You can make just about anything in them."

After supper Mr. Mayor said he wanted to send a friends' only Facebook message and videos of our town.

"FROM MR. MAYOR,

"DON'T COUNT US OUT YET!"

He uploaded videos of the children playing at the club, Molly and Daisy riding at a full gallop.

A picture of Molly hugging Daisy while she was holding the reigns of 'Angel'. It was captioned '3 best friends'.

Pictures of the Spruce trees and saplings among other plant centered improvements.

He was optimistic about plans for the town.

.

One Saturday night, Miss Dawn went into the bunkhouse and told everyone her plan. She knew tomorrow was a special day, and Daisy didn't know it.

Sunday morning Miss Dawn said, "Daisy you need to take a shower, I will lay out your clothes for you."

Daisy did not get into the shower until 8:00, Miss Dawn was worried.

When Daisy got to her room after her shower she was astonished, there was a whole new set of church clothes. A bright white dress with lace, her best equestrian helmet had been brushed, her best boots were there and her Bible laying on top.

When she got outside 'Angel's' mane had been braided and Daisy's stuffed 'Angel' was tied to the saddle horn.

Sarah and a few others got to church early and reshuffled several horses, leaving 'Spirit' at the end with a large space next to her.

All the mothers gave their families very late warning that everyone was going to church; if you don't bring your toy you will be sorry for the rest of your life. They were very glad they did.

Daisy lagged behind the group with Miss Dawn, as they reached the corner near the church Miss Dawn put a finger to her lips and said, "No running."

The first thing Daisy saw was 'Spirit', and as she walked in she was greeting by a special usher. Daisy accepted his arm. She was given something and Daisy nodded her head.

This was going to be impossible to pull off. People would have to be scattered up front, but hidden.

Molly was told to sit in the front pew so she could sit quickly after she played her guitar.

Molly was not happy when she mounted the stage, so she moved slowly. That was fine for Miss Dawn.

As quiet as church mice there was a lot of movement going on behind Molly.

As Molly turned around to sit and play her guitar she first smiled then started to cry. There in the front row was Molly's seat at the end of the pew, then Daisy, then, Mr. David (He was the special usher), Miss Joy and Joshua, Miss Mei, Mr. Jerry and Miss Gail.

Behind them, was Miss Anne, Miss Faith, Miss Dawn, Miss Sarah, Miss Zoe and Miss April and Miss Anna and Miss Elsa. There were others scattered around the church all holding their bear or dolly. Miss Noel was now holding 'Cindy', Daisy was also holding Molly's doll.

It took a few minutes for Molly to regain her composure, but when she started playing she was flawless.

When Mr. Jacob took the podium, he had to wait, Molly was still playing with her eyes closed. She was in her own zone, she never missed a note; Molly played two extra songs.

Daisy gave Molly a hug and her dolly when she sat down.

He didn't intend it, but Mr. Jacob was inspired by Molly and had an extended sermon. Miss Noel was getting a little antsy, she knew communion was coming.

Afterward she grabbed Daisy by the hand, and walked up to Miss Noel and asked, "Miss Noel, is there somewhere we can talk in private? I want Daisy there also."

Miss Noel took both children to the office. "Have a seat children. What's going on Molly?"

"Well a whole lot of things. Over the past few months I have been feeling like when Miss Sarah said I was being 'Spiritually' attacked. Miss Joy said, "You need to look back and see what God gave you Molly."

"So, I looked back and I saw a whole lot of things God has given me; He even gave my best friend to me back. There is a whole lot of yellow in my Prayer book and a lot of questions answered in my questions book, in my diary . . . well, that is private."

"I think it is time, I think God has brought me to the point. I don't know what lies ahead, but who does."

"What I am trying to say is I think God wants be to become a Christian and I need your help."

As Miss Noel was talking and Molly was answering her questions, Daisy finally knew what Miss Sarah told her. Daisy held onto Molly's hand tight, she will be there for Molly, as a life-long friend.

Molly asked Daisy not to take communion now but do it after. This communion was extra-special for Molly,

Molly ran straight toward Miss Joy, "I did it Miss Joy!"

"You did what Molly?"

Daisy said, "Miss Joy, my best friend Molly, is now a Christian!"

"That's great Molly, welcome to 'God's Kingdom', sister."

Molly had never thought about it like that.

After a big hug Molly said, "Thank you, sister."

Molly turned to Miss Dawn, "Thank you, for all this Miss Dawn."

Miss Dawn said, "What did I do? You do not believe that twenty of all your old friends came here, from all over the country, on the same day you were going to play at church, just by chance?"

"No I do not!" said Molly, then a big hug.

Miss Anna and Elsa walked up to greet Molly, "Well Mr. Conductor, do you have anything to say to Molly?"

"Bravo, Bravo Molly. I could never play with my eyes closed like that, truly inspired!"

Molly said, "I was not the one playing, it was the 'Holy Spirit' playing. I was just sitting in the chair."

Mr. Conductor gave Molly a card, after Molly read it she showed Daisy."

Daisy said, "I told you, you were good, that is why I like to hear you play."

The card read, 'Disney Musical Ambassador'

Then down below in big bold letters, centered on the card, it said

MOLLY

After a hastily put together picnic at the church, Molly found herself tapping away on Miss Sarah's computer.

"FROM MOLLY: Today for the first time I played for church. I played four songs, I was supposed to play two. I played all of them with my eyes closed.

"Somehow, Miss Dawn got twenty of my old friends to surprise me when I sat down.

"'The good part': I am now am an official 'Disney Musical Ambassador'. Mr. Conductor gave the card to me; he came up from Orlando along with Miss Anna, Miss Elsa and 'Orlando'."

"'The better part': All the people who came to see me play."

"'The GREAT part': Daisy and I are life-long friends."

"'The WONDEROUS part': I BECAME A CHRISTIAN TODAY! Daisy held my hand the whole way."

"When I told Miss Joy, she came back to see me, she said, 'Welcome to God's Kingdom, sister!"

Somewhere someone stopped typing and made a phone call with strict instructions.

Soon you could hear church bells ring around the countryside. They didn't stop ringing, the people had not heard the bells ring like this since baby Joshua was born. This was lasting much longer.

A very rotund, French woman wearing an apron, opened her door and screamed "Facebook, Molly, 'Crestine'."

As more and more priests heard the bells, they knew only one person could cause this. Mari was getting calls from far afield and they too wanted to welcome Molly into God's Kingdom in their own way, more and more church bells rang out.

Mari sent a message to Sarah.

"FOR MOLLY'S EYES ONLY.

"Dear Molly, I am Mari from outside Paris. We got your post and I called my priest to ring the church bells for you, it sounded so beautiful, then I got call after call from priests that heard our bells. They started ringing their bells and even more calls came in from priests who heard their bells. Well over twenty parishes rang bells for you for over an hour. Welcome to 'God's Kingdom', sister."

Molly came out of Miss Sarah's office with tears streaming down her face, everyone looked concerned.

"Miss Joy, what is a parish?"

"It is an area around a church, Molly. Why do you ask?"

"It's that Mari lady."

Mr. Jerry said, "What did she do now?" He got an elbow from Miss Gail for that.

"After she got my post, I didn't know it was going to France, she called her priest to start ringing the bells for me. Then she got calls from priests who heard their bells. After that she got more calls from priests that heard those bells. She said, over twenty parishes rang their bells for over an hour."

Everyone looked on in disbelief.

Molly felt relieved; she did not know what God's purpose was for her yet. She did know God gave her a Musical ambassador card. She knew Miss Michele went to the mall often for art supplies or other things she needed for school.

Molly had made a sum of money while working at Miss Sarah's; she never spent any of it. One day Molly went to the bank and presented her savings book.

"Can I take out $100.00 from my account please? I need to buy some Christian guitar songbooks."

With that, Molly pocketed the money and rode over to Miss Michelle's off campus apartment and knocked on her door.