My Secret From Vermont Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I smiled. So are you enjoying life here in the city?

I actually am. I find it agrees with me more than I would have expected," she said. adjusting her sunglasses. "It's a bit noisy and sometimes I miss home, but I like it. I'd like to get out more, do some more exploring. There are so many museums I haven't been to yet that I'm dying to try. A lot of them are the less popular ones that a lot of tourists don't usually go to. I've been doing some research actually for a paper I'm doing actually.

"That's awesome, I said. What's the paper about?

"Mary Cassatt. She was actually really ahead of her time. A lot of people only know her through her paintings, which were mostly of domestic scenes, but she was really quite pioneering with her style, with everything. No one really took women seriously as painters back then, she ended up even defying her own father to become an artist!" Cara said excitedly.

"Wow! That does sound interesting," I said.

"Yeah, I've been really having a good time digging around trying to find stuff. What inspired her, stuff like that."

Things were really starting to go well I thought, she was really starting to open up. I decided to try to push my luck a bit. "So have you met any interesting people here? Sounds like Nina is in the know of some of the fun social gatherings."

Cara blushed and I was surprised. I never seen her flustered.

"Actually, not really. I've gone to a few things, mingled a bit. But I don't know, I don't know if the party scene is always my thing you know? Nina is great and all, don't get me wrong but I just get tired of it sometimes. And it's usually always the same people, the same..." she looked at me meaningfully.

"The same women," I finished boldly.

She nodded. "Yeah, and I don't really have much in common with any of them. I don't know. Dating is hard for me."

I nodded sympathetically.

"To be honest I haven't dated much either. I mean, I went on a date with this guy I met on an app like a few months ago. He was nice, but there was no..."

"Spark?" She said.

"Yeah, exactly." I said.

So what we're finishing each other's sentences now? I thought.

"Actually, I have to say, you're the most interesting woman I've met in a really long time." Cara added. She was pointedly avoiding my gaze.

Wow. I thought. Was this extremely attractive woman hitting on me?

"Well, I'm extremely flattered," I said with what I hoped was more confidence than I felt. This was crazy! I mean, I should be thrilled. I was sitting across from this gorgeous lesbian who basically openly admitted that she maybe, kinda, sorta liked me? At least a little bit. But I was too embarrassed and timid to make a move.

It's now or never Sadie, I thought to myself. Don't chicken out.

"Actually, I've been thinking of trying some new strategies with dating lately," I said.

Cara looked up. Pleased I had piqued her interest, I continued.

"Yeah, I actually am planning on setting my settings to only women from now on," I said, rubbing my thumb lightly against the back of my hand.

By the look on her face I knew I had her attention now.

"That's, great?" There was an unspoken question at the end, as if she was unsure what kind of reaction she should have.

"Yeah, it really is." I said reassuringly, surprised at how easy this was.

"I'm actually still kinda adjusting to be honest," I said. "I actually just really came to terms with it last week. You know, the whole being gay thing? I actually only just came out to my parents and sister."

"Wow that's really big!" Cara said. "How'd that go?"

"It actually went really well. I am lucky I know."

"Well, I think that's wonderfully," she said sincerely. "I wish everyone was as lucky to have parents as understanding." For a moment her eyes looked sad. But she quickly changed course.

"If you ever need anyone to talk to, don't hesitate please," she said. She reached her hand across the table and laid it on mine for the briefest of seconds before pulling it away.

If only you knew just how much I wish I could, I thought.

12