My Sister and her Cheerleader Friends Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A large mahogany desk monopolised the room. The walls were adorned with photos of Hammer's rise from a Wharfy and Driver, to running one of the largest shipping companies in the country. Jarrod knew that for every dollar he made above the table he made double below. An empty plush chair sat behind the desk, flanked by two other chairs. In those chairs sat Jimmy and Giovanni Marcelos.

Jimmy was Hammer's nephew. He had worked as a driver and in the game for years before he proved himself to Hammer. He was still young, probably similar in age to Jarrod, but he ran the day-to-day operations of the company. He was the go-to person and Hammer's voice in the organisation. He wasn't to be underestimated.

Giovanni wore a suit and exuded professionalism. Jarrod had never seen him smile or raise his voice. He handled the books and understood the political landscape. He was an equally invaluable advisor as Jimmy to the Shipping Boss.

Both sat silent, Jimmy with a slight frown, Giovanni expressionless. The guards moved Jarrod into position and then moved aside. The two seated men were imposing but Jarrod's attention was firmly elsewhere.

A fireplace adorned the side of the office, slowly crackling with ever-changing flame. Staring into the fire with one arm leaning against the mantelpiece was a large bald man. He absentmindedly swirled a glass of Glenfiddich around in one hand but otherwise made no gesture to indicate he had noted Jarrod's entrance.

Jarrod stood there in silence for what felt like an eternity, Jimmy and Giovanni staring at him, the crackle of the fire the only noise.

"Mr Kelly," It was Giovanni who finally spoke, "What do you have to say for yourself?"

"Sorry for parking in front of the entrance and not wiping my boots?! I have no idea what you want me to say?"

Jimmy scowled at Jarrod's poor attempt at humour while Giovanni's face did not change.

"Were you involved?"

"Involved in what?! I came to pick up Ellie. That is all!" Jarrod replied icily, "After years of friendship I would have expected to be treated with more respect."

"You're still alive aren't you..!!!!"

Everyone turned to the fireplace.

"Hamish. I don't understand what's going on here?!" Jarrod implored turning toward Hammer.

"Are you trying to have us believe that you knew nothing about the raid!?" Jimmy piped in angrily.

"He's telling the truth" Hammer stated. He slowly turned and gestured to the guards to cut Jarrod's binds while slowly walking over and sinking down into his chair between his advisors.

"I just got off the phone with a trusted informant. They told me that the Hell Riders had already left their headquarters on mass well before Jarrod returned. They affirm he had nothing to do with this." Hammer never took his eyes off Jarrod as he spoke as if he was assessing his every nuance, every reaction.

Jarrod rubbed his wrists but otherwise stood with a confused look on his face.

Hammer analysed Jarrod for a moment longer before gesturing to Jimmy to continue.

"We have had a business arrangement with your brothers for almost two decades. They guard our mass shipments and assist with distribution and we pay them handsomely. Two nights ago that all changed."

Hammer abruptly stood up, his face flaring in barely controlled anger. Jarrod's eyes tensed, adrenaline shooting through him in anticipation of the attack. But then Hammer stood upright, took a drink and wandered back to stand in front of the fire.

After a quick concerned glance in Hammer's direction, Jimmy continued for his benefactor.

"We had a large shipment of merchandise delivered to some of our Chinese investors at the docks. The payment was made and packed into our truck but none of our security arrived to oversee it. The Riders just did not turn up and could not be contacted by our drivers. A collection of our men came to assist including Hammer's nephew, Simon. They unwisely chose to proceed regardless.

"The truck and four escorting cars took the payment along the normal route to bring it back to our warehouse. On the way though, the truck was hijacked by a group of tattooed men driving Dodge Chargers." There was a loud sound of smashing glass that snapped Jarrod's attention to the fireplace and the shattered pieces of Hammers drink lay strewn across the floor.

"Simon is in the hospital clinging to life. Many of the other men are dead, executed like animals on the road." Hammer turned and advanced towards Jarrod as he spoke, his barely controlled rage threatening to boil, his hands clenching.

"I want to know who did this?! I want them dead, their family dead, their friends dead, I even want their fucking pets dead! NO ONE DOES THIS TO ME OR MINE! NO ONE!!!"

Jarrod stood absolutely still. This was bad.

Giovanni was oblivious to the tension and broke through the silence with his deadpan voice,

"The Hell Riders informed me yesterday that there was a misunderstanding with locations and they had gone to the wrong address. When they finally went to the correct place our truck had already left."

"I don't buy that for a second" Jimmy spat out angrily.

Hammer seemed to compose himself somewhat and returned back to his chair.

He took a breath.

"Jarrod. I have always believed you a man of your word in every situation. I love your daughter as if she was my own. Speak truthfully now and I swear no harm will come to her. Do you know anything about this?"

Jarrod chose his words carefully.

"Until this moment, I can honestly say I knew nothing of this. Why would I come to collect my daughter at your home if I did? I have just returned from prison and have not spoken to any of my old brothers or the new leader of the Hell Riders yet. I would never break a deal made in good faith, especially not to you after you protected my daughter while I was in prison."

Hammer sat back in his cushioned chair, measuring Jarrod's words while his eye's never left his face. After what seemed an eternity, he sighed and signalled to one of his guards who poured two glasses and placed one before Hammer and gave the other to Jarrod.

"In my heart of hearts, I knew you were not involved. I am certain though, that your gang set this up and as soon as I have proof I will slaughter them all. When I do Jarrod, for Ellie and our past relationship, I recommend you stay well clear."

Jarrod nodded, "Am I free to go?"

"Yes. The girls will be getting up in a couple of hours. I suggest you don't mention anything that happened here to them. Go to the kitchen and ask Ketut to make you some breakfast. I hope next time we meet it's under better circumstances."

"Me too Hamish" he answered, Though the night wasn't all bad! He thought to himself while walking out of the office though. One look back at Hammer made him pray that the Transport Boss never, ever found out...

12