My Sister's Wedding

Story Info
Alex enters her sister's dream.
8.6k words
4.67
26.7k
39

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 08/21/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MTL17
MTL17
2,015 Followers

Disclaimer: I do not own Supergirl or anything to do with DC. I do not make any money from the writing of this story.

Author's note: This story takes place during Episode 13 of Season 1 of Supergirl.

*****

Alex Danvers hadn't been sure what to expect inside of her little sister's head. What she first found broke her heart a little. Then she thought about it and it broke her heart even more. Because the first thing she saw was Krypton, the home world Kara had lost years ago. Which should have been what she was expecting. After all, what else could it be?

For a moment there was a fleeting thought, and then Alex focused on all the people her adoptive sister had lost, including her biological family. Then she thought about what this really meant. That Kara was secretly so unhappy living on Earth, with Alex, that the only thing she wanted was to get away.

Of course Alex couldn't focus on her sister's happiness, or lack thereof, or how it made her feel, or anything like that because Kara's life was at risk here. Because in reality Kara wasn't on Krypton, she was in the grip of something called the Black Mercy, an alien plant which Kara's Uncle Non was using to try and incapacitate her, or worse kill her.

Alex only knew what it was because of a visit from Kara's Aunt Astra, who didn't want her niece to die, which would happen if Alex couldn't make Kara snap out of this dream-like state. Alex didn't even know how much time she had before the worst happened, but she was determined to save her sister. No matter what it takes.

Inside the dream Alex was still dressed in her black DEO uniform, and she even had her gun, which she took out for comfort, even though she wasn't sure it would have any effect on anyone she came across.

Luckily her training as an agent allowed her to avoid detection, although it was touch and go because wherever she went was filled with people who weren't Kara, and although most of them weren't carrying weapons there was no way she could guarantee they wouldn't be hostile. In fact it was more likely they were being controlled by the Black Mercy, and not Kara's imagination, so Alex avoided them while slowly making her way through the building.

She checked room, after room, after room until finally she found her sister. When she was sure there was no one else inside the room Alex cautiously opened the door, slid inside, and then close the door behind her. She then opened her mouth to greet the Kryptonian, only for her words to become lost.

Before she had been so grateful to find her sister that Alex hadn't really taken in what she was wearing, but now was very much registering and it was taking Alex's breath away. Because there, standing in front of the full-length mirror was her sister, in most beautiful white wedding dress she had ever seen. It even had her family's crest on the front of it, a detailed Alex only noticed after she stumbled forward a little to get a closer look.

"Alex!" Kara exclaimed, turning around when she finally noticed the other girl in the mirror, "What are you doing here?"

"I-" Alex tried to stammer, but that was all she got out before being interrupted.

"You know we're not supposed to see each other before the wedding." Kara grinned, running over and pulling Alex into a bone crushing hug, then pulling back and frowning, "And you're not dressed? Why are you not dressed? You're, you're not getting cold feet are you?"

After blinking a few times to try and clear her head Alex began again, "Kara, what are you-"

"Or are you just not wearing a dress?" Kara continued like she hadn't heard Alex's protest, "Are you seriously not wearing a dress? Cause I know you're a tomboy and proud, but we talked about this. I want to see you in that dress, and you know your mother will kill you if she doesn't get to see you in it."

"My mother?" Alex frowned, and true what Kara meant by that.

"Yeah, she wants to see you all dressed up too." Kara grinned, then softly adding while wrapping her hands around the back of Alex's neck and gently pulling her even closer, "So does everyone. Clark, Lois, Jimmy, Winn, J'ohn, both our families and even Cat is here for our big day. Which I know has to make you nervous, Rao knows I'm terrified, but it's what we talked about for a year now. Our wedding. It's finally here. And I'll be there with you every step of the way. So please, slip into your sexy little wedding dress and let's just do this. Let's get married! Please? You know I can't wait to become Mrs Kara Danvers."

If that speech wasn't mind blowing enough Kara lent forward and pressed her lips against hers as Alex's eyes went wide with shock. She hadn't been sure what to expect when she had insisted on being the one going into Kara's head, but Alex could have never imagined this would be her sister's idea of perfection. Sister! Alex had always wanted one, and have been grateful when she got it, but now it seemed like a dirty word.

Like this dream world had forever tainted it. And tainted her relationship with Kara. It was wrong. All this was wrong, and Alex felt dirty for enjoying the kiss even for a single second. And it only lasted a few, Kara then pulling back with a hurt expression on her face as she sensed something was wrong.

"Alex?" Kara frowned, "What's wrong?"

"It's... it's not real." Alex stammered.

There was a rumbling in the distance and then Kara softly asked, "What?"

"This isn't real. Nothing about this is real." Alex said firmly, finally committing herself to pulling away which caused another telling rumble, "Nothing but us."

Kara gulped and then softly complained, "Alex, you're... you're not making sense."

"It's a dream Kara. This whole world is a dream." Alex started to explain, stopping when the ground suddenly shook beneath her, prompting Kara to squeeze and grabbed hold of her to keep her steady. Alex continued, "We're not on Krypton. We are not getting married. Kara, we're sisters."

"Sisters!" Kara exclaimed, and then after another rumble she let go of Alex and almost laughed as she began, "I mean sure, we grew up together but we're not... that's just something we used to say to explain why we were closer than most friends, but really we just didn't want to admit what we really felt for each other. But then... things changed... and now we're going to get married and live happily ever after. So I guess this, this is a dream. My dream. Our dream. Alex, it's our dream come true. Why are you trying to ruin it?"

"Because it's not real." Alex said firmly.

"Stop saying that!" Kara practically growled in the middle of yet another rumble.

"What happened yesterday?" Alex pushed.

Kara shrugged, "Half our guests arrived, we all had a meal together, and then we went to sleep for the last time without being a married couple."

"No." Alex said, "You were attacked, by something called a Black Mercy."

This time the ground literally started shaking, causing Alex to stop long enough for Kara to softly murmured, "Stop."

Ignoring the request Alex continued, "It's some creepy kind of alien plant your Uncle Non is trying to use to get you out of the way."

"Stop!" Kara said again, this time a lot louder.

Even as the ground beneath them shook again Alex continued, "It's put you in this dream-like state to make you think everything is okay, but it's not, "The stupid plant is draining your life force, and if you stay here Kara, it will kill you. Your Aunt Astra said so. She doesn't want you dead Kara, that's why she instructed me to enter your mind and save you before it's too late."

The ground beneath them began to crack as Kara screamed, "Stop, stop, stop!"

"Kara, what's going on? Who the hell is this?"

At the sound of that very familiar voice the rumbling immediately stopped and the ground repaired itself, which should have been a red flag to Kara that something really wasn't right with this world. However it was almost understandable that she wouldn't notice, given that suddenly there was another Alex standing by the door in a wedding dress.

For a moment the real Alex just stared at her with her own mouth open in astonishment at seeing herself stood there, just like that. Then she realised what was happening, and shock was quickly replaced by anger, but before she could say anything Kara fell into the arms of Alex's doppelgänger.

"Alex!" Kara exclaimed as she stumbled forwards, then practically weeping into her sister's arms, "Thank Rao! It is you, isn't it?"

"Of course it's me sweetie." Other Alex said, rubbing Kara's back.

"Oh Rao! I thought it was true." Kara wept, "I thought you really didn't love me."

"Now, who put that silly thought into your head?" Fake Alex said, gently grabbing Kara's head and pulling it back so she could gently stroke her face.

"She did!" Kara exclaimed, pointing accusing at the Real Alex.

"Oh baby, don't you see what's happening?" Fake Alex said, "It's just an evil shape shifter come to ruin our special day."

"Like a Evil J'ohn?" Kara asked innocently.

"Exactly Kara. Like a Evil J'ohn." Evil Alex said, before calling out, "Guards! Arrest the impostor!"

Seconds later a large group of burly men dressed in armour burst through the door and headed straight for the Real Alex. They didn't stop to ensure they had the right one, or even question why there were two of them, both of which should have been red flags to Kara, but she was just staring happily at her bride, leaving Alex alone to defend herself.

She tried her best, which was good enough for maybe a minute or two, but there was just too many of them and ultimately Alex found herself wrestled to the ground with her hands being cuffed behind her back. She was then forced to her feet and marched towards the door.

Maybe that would have been the end of it as the other Alex and then pushed, "Don't worry honey bunny, she'll be executed in the morning when we are busy celebrating our honeymoon."

"No! Stop!" Kara exclaimed, briefly giving the Real Alex hope before adding, "I can't stand the thought of her being killed, not while wearing your beautiful face. So bring her with us. That her watch her failure as we're joined in holy matrimony. Then we can interrogate her to see what my evil Uncle hope to achieve from this."

There was a brief pause and then Alex's doppelgänger ordered, "Very well. Anything for you sweetie. Guards, bring her with us. It's time to get married."

*

Alex was then dragged into a church, or what she assumed was the equivalent on Krypton. Although everyone sitting in the aisles turned to look at her, and it was super creepy. Especially because she recognised so many familiar faces, like J'ohn, Winn, and even her own mother. But it very clearly wasn't them, as they looked at her with nothing but contempt as the facade was dropped for a few long minutes.

The worst part was when the Fake Alex strolled out, Alex's dead father Jeremiah Danvers on her arm, both of them giving her a sinister smirk as they passed her. Then 'Here Comes The Bride' started to play and suddenly everyone was smiling and looking adoringly at Kara who slowly walked in, never looking more beautiful than at that moment.

For a few long moments Alex was stunned into silence by Kara's beauty. She had always known her little sister was attractive, and that she would look stunning on her wedding day, but wow. Just wow. But then there was another rumble, which reminded Alex she was running out of time.

She couldn't allow herself to be lost in whatever weird feelings the Black Mercy was making her feel, or making Kara feel, she had to get out of here. She had to save them. No matter what. Just like always. Because Alex Danvers would do anything to save Kara Zor-El, even if it meant doing and saying things she could have never have imagined. But hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

"Kara!" Alex yelled over the organ music, causing her sister to look back at her, "If you do this, you and I will be trapped here, until the Black Mercy kills us!"

"Do not listen to her." Fake Alex called out, "Come to me Kara. Come to me so we can be married, like you always wanted."

"No, listen to me! I, I'm trying to remind you of the truth." Real Alex gulped, "That life isn't perfect. I know it can be hard, and lonely. Especially for you. You have sacrificed, and you have lost so much. I wish you could have had a life with your family. But it wouldn't be like this. And I... I wish we could be together, but it wouldn't be like this. Because this, this isn't real. And deep down Kara, you know it. It's too perfect. Real life isn't perfect. Real life is full of pain, and loss. In real life, we don't always get what we want. But we do the best we can despite it. That's what makes you, you! A hero! That's why I, I... I love you."

"Enough! Take her away." Fake Alex ordered.

While the guards were distracted Alex managed to land a blow to one of their ribs, freeing one of her hands and allowing her to land a good hard blow right to the other guard's face. She then ran over to Kara, dodging guards as she went. Alex barely made it to her sister, her adopted sister she reminded herself in that moment, because in the next she was grabbing hold of Kara's face and smashing their lips together.

It only lasted a few seconds, but Alex put everything she had into it, needing to make it as believable as possible. Although maybe she was a bit too successful with that. Or maybe it was the Black Mercy affecting her too. Whatever the case when she pulled back, stroked that beautiful face and spoke again it didn't feel like her words were a lie.

"Come with me Kara, and... and we can be together." Alex pleaded.

There was a brief hesitation, then Kara gulped, "You're just saying that."

"I'm not." Alex insisted, "This place, this lie... it made me realise how I really feel about you. And if you don't believe that, believe this. I would do anything to save you. Anything. I've been doing it my whole life. If marrying you is what it takes, so be it. But Kara, if you make a stay here you will kill us both. So please, baby, wake up. Wake up! It's the only way to save us. To save me. Please Kara, save me."

Suddenly Alex's doppelgänger appeared beside them, punched her in the face and yelled, "Shut up, and stop ruining my special day!"

"You can remember your real life, if you try." Real Alex pleaded as she was grabbed by the guards who began pulling her away, "Please try Kara, please! Earth needs Supergirl! I need Supergirl! I need you! Please? Come back to us Kara. Come back to me! Be with me. The real me."

"Stop!" Kara yelled, and then after a brief pause whimpered, "Alex!"

There was another brief pause, the biggest rumble yet, and then Kara ran towards her and Alex felt as if the whole world was going to explode. Or maybe just her. Immediately the guards, Fake Alex and all the wedding guests fell upon them, desperately trying to keep them apart, but this was Supergirl's mind, and she would not be denied.

As the world around them was ripped apart, some of it breaking away and some of it just vanishing, Kara got closer and closer, holding out her hand for the other woman. Alex did the same and the moment before their hands touched a bright light began surrounding them, that light becoming blinding when they finally touched again. Then they were gone.

*

With a sharp gasp from both sisters they simultaneously sat up, the Black Mercy sliding off of Kara and landing on the floor in defeat. Around them their friends celebrated, but the two sisters remain silent and barely moving for a few long seconds, then Alex hesitantly turned to her sibling.

A few seconds after that Kara did the same, the two women then staring at each other for a few long seconds, until of course Kara ran away. Or more accurately disappeared in a flash, flying far away to save the day, then fly off who knows where, because what else could she do? And what else could Alex do except watch her leave, not knowing if she would ever see her again.

*

Two days later...

Alex was wearing three layers of clothing, and was still freezing her ass off. Which wasn't surprising considering she was in the middle of the North Pole, intent on breaking her way into the Fortress of Solitude.

Which definitely wasn't a good idea, especially not alone, but if Kara was here there was no way Alex could say what she needed to say in front of J'ohn or one of the other DEO Agents, so she had insisted that she was the only one who could bring Supergirl back, and she had to go it alone, and J'ohn had reluctantly agreed. Luckily they had a transporter, and a little key to the front door, but if Kara wasn't here Alex was going to be pissed.

Of course it wasn't the first place she tried. Or even the second. No, Alex had searched all of Kara's usual hiding places, leaving her no choice but to go to this one. Thankfully Alex's persistence finally paid off, as she found her in the middle of the Fortress. Unfortunately she still had no idea what she was going to say to her. Well, that wasn't true, it was just really, really scary.

After all, she didn't want to push Kara away, but did she really want to marry her? Or even just date her? They weren't related by blood, but for so long Alex had thought of Kara as a sister, blissfully unaware that Kara saw her as something else. Arguably something more. Which was flattering, honestly. But really, really scary. Then again, Alex wasn't sure how she felt about it.

"For something called the Fortress of Solitude, this place gets way too many visitors." Kara grumbled, not turning around and looking at the other girl.

"If you really didn't want to be found, you wouldn't be here." Alex pointed out, "You just wanted me to work for it."

"Go away Alex." Kara said softly, not bothering to stifle her anger.

"We need to talk." Alex pushed.

"There's nothing to talk about!" Kara snapped, finally turning to look at her sister, "You lied to save me from the Black Mercy. End of story."

"That's... that's..." Alex hesitated, before taking a deep breath and then admitting, "That's not entirely true."

For a moment Kara looked stunned, then she frowned angrily, "Don't lie to me!"

"I'm not." Alex said softly.

"Because I'm still doing my job!" Kara protested, indicating to the screen in front of her, "I'm scanning the world for danger, so really, I'm better off here, where I can protect the whole world, instead of just one city and then just mostly leave the rest to my cousin."

"I'm not." Alex said more firmly.

"And I'll come back eventually, I just need some time. And so do you." Kara finished.

"I'm not lying." Alex protested angrily, then pointed out with a frown, "You heard me."

There was a brief pause before Kara pointed out, "Can you blame me for not believing you? Alex, since when were you into girls?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Alex countered, then after a long pause laughed, "You know, we were fine before all of this. I was fine. But now, I just... I keep thinking about it. Krypton. Your Family. Our... I can only imagine what it was like to lose them all over again. And I promise you, we'll get the son of a bitch that did that to you. But... maybe there can be some good to come out of it. Because I know, I know how you truly feel about me. And I can't stop thinking about it. And I know, I know it should freak me out, but it doesn't. It actually kind of, make sense. In a really weird way. I mean, I love you more than anything, and you are adopted... so I, I understand how platonic feelings could have grown into something more."

"They didn't." Kara grumbled, before further admitting, "I knew from the moment I first saw you that I liked you more than in a platonic way, but I was supposed to be your sister, and you were straight, so I figured all I had to do was spend a lot of time with you and be as boy crazy as possible and until I only had sisterly feelings for you and nothing else. Only that totally backfired. And now..."

MTL17
MTL17
2,015 Followers