My Women Ch. 02

Story Info
Nitin gets closer to his in-laws.
14k words
4.51
45.1k
47

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/23/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer: All characters in this story are above 18 years of age.

Note to the Reader: This is Ch. 02 of my series called 'My Women'. Please read Ch. 01 first. The story here continues where it left off at the end of Ch. 01.

Also, I intend to tell this story in a slow burn. If you are looking for instant gratification, please be aware that you may not find it here. But I promise you, if you are prepared to stick with the series, I'll make it worth your while. Happy reading!

*****

Dark cloudy sky became a permanent fixture as rain lashed Pune mercilessly all through July. The earth was wet with puddles of muddy water. I felt like the weather reflected my muddled state of mind. I was playing all these different roles, two of which were at odds with each other. On one hand, Swetha's face had the glow of pregnancy reminding me of the not too distant future where I would be holding our child in my arms. On the other there was this undeniable mutual attraction between me and my sister-in-law, Navya. While the former role made me feel wiser and more grounded, the later made me feel young and enthusiastic. These two roles could not be allowed to inhabit me at the same time. I had to keep these two worlds that I was living in from overlapping and messing everything up. The care required was stressful at times.

Thankfully, my third role as the dutiful son-in-law offered a brief respite in the form of a trip to Calicut. Uncle had found tenants for my mother-in-law's house. Mom had to be there to sign the Rent Agreement. Swetha had some pending work at her bank and couldn't accompany us. Mom decided that Navya would stay at Pune and keep my pregnant wife company. So it was settled that me and mom would leave for Calicut on Friday night and come back on Monday morning. Navya had sulked at not being allowed to come along but Mom had put her foot down. Navya had looked at me with puppy eyes, expecting me to overturn mom's decision... but I turned up my hands in helplessness as mom's tone had conveyed the decision to be final. I breathed a sigh of relief at the prospect of getting two days away from Swetha and Navya, my two conflicting worlds.

On Thursday, the day before the journey, I felt an urge to smoke a cigarette after dinner. I didn't smoke often, but the weather was so nice. The just-about-to-rain vibe was too tempting to pass up. I smuggled out my stash and the lighter from its secret hiding place, and slipped out of the apartment. I took the elevator to the top floor and then climbed the stairs to the terrace. I went to the far corner.

I placed the cig between my lips and lit it. I took a puff and felt the smoke fill up my lungs. The heat inside my lungs and the cool wind caressing my face was a combination that the instagram kids would term 'Mood!'. I took one more puff, feeling exhilarated as my head relaxed. A sudden movement nearby caused me to flinch and hide the cig behind my back.

"I thought I saw a lighter in your hand when you sneaked out." Navya said as she closed the distance between me and the terrace door. I smiled sheepishly.

"It's okay... I won't snitch." She said. She leaned back on the parapet beside me. I revealed the cig and placed it back on my lips. I took a couple of puffs as she stared at me.

"Want a puff?" I asked.

"I've always wanted to try... never got the chance." She said grinning.

"Come here." I said. I glanced around to ensure we were alone as Navya moved closer on my right side. Once she was close enough that our arms touched, I took the cig between the index and middle fingers of my left hand and brought it towards her lips.

"Take a small puff." I said. She leaned her head forward and took the cig between her lips. Her lips touched the inside of my fingers. I kept my fingers in place as she inhaled a small puff. In a second, she started coughing. I put my right hand on her back and patted as she coughed. In that instant, she turned towards me and buried her face on my right shoulder as she continued coughing. I patted and rubbed her back lightly till she caught her breath.

Once she could breathe normally she turned her face away from me but remained close to me. I left my hand on her back. We remained like that for a few moments. Then I slid my hand down and across her back until it was at her hips. I rested my hand there, holding Navya by her hips. My palm gently caressed her there. Neither of us spoke for a while. I smoked my cig while holding her. I broke the silence once I was done with the cigarette.

"A friend of mine, a girl from college is at Kuala Lumpur on a trip," I began, "she texted me that many international clothing brands were there at the malls." Navya was listening but didn't respond. I continued trying to bait her.

"When I heard it I thought... I know someone who likes branded clothes!" She couldn't help but smile at that, but still she kept quiet.

"I could tell my friend to buy some stuff... so if that person who likes brands wants something, she should tell me." I teased, speaking about her in the third person. She laughed and her face brightened. She then went on and on about the different brands that she liked. I stopped her after a while and told her to whatsapp me pictures of the exact brand and clothes she wanted.

"But of course, this has to be our secret... I'm only doing this because you're my favourite girl." She blushed hearing my words.

"What about Swetha?" she asked teasingly.

"Well, she's my wife," I said, "but my favourite girl... that's you!" I pressed my palm gently on her hips as I said the last part. She blushed again.

"There is one other thing," I added, "there is one item that I personally picked for my favourite girl... it's from a brand called Victoria's secret." I stopped to gauge her reaction on hearing the name of the lingerie brand. On her face I saw a curious mix of want, excitement and shyness. My cock stirred in my pants seeing her expression.

"But there's an issue... I don't know her size." I added the clincher. Then I waited... it took a minute for her want and excitement to veto her shyness.

"34B." she made her interest known in one word.

"Alright." I said, thinking the matter settled. I lifted my hand off Navya thinking it was time to go back to our apartment.

"Wait," she said. I stopped and looked at her.

"Well... 36B might be better," she spoke, "My 34B bra's have been feeling really tight lately."

"Okay," I said amused at her words, "are you sure?"

"Yes." She confirmed.

"Have you been eating a lot lately?" I teased her. She slapped my hands bashfully.

"Let's go back." She said and stood upright.

"Well... there's the tiny matter of what I am going to get in return for buying you these clothes?" My words stopped her. She looked at me keenly, as if trying to read my mind.

"What do you expect in return?" she turned the question back to me. I was prepared for this.

"Well..." I said and trailed off... but I turned my face to the side, offering my right cheek. She shied away a step as she realized that I meant a kiss on my cheek.

"Nuh uh mister." She said and walked towards the terrace door.

"Poor me!" I exclaimed and followed her. We got inside the elevator at the top floor. Navya stood behind me. I pushed the button for 6th floor and the elevator started moving down. Just as the elevator door was about to open at our floor, she moved closer... leaned up standing on her toes and kissed me on my right cheek. I froze in surprise. The elevator doors opened and she ran out giggling.

On Friday evening, me and mom hailed an auto and went to the railway station. Both Swetha and Navya walked us to the gate of our apartment building. As the auto pulled away, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw both of them waving 'bye'. A few seconds later Swetha dropped her hands and walked into the building, but Navya kept waving till we were out of sight... as if she knew I'd be looking. I started missing Navya as soon as she vanished from the rear view mirror.

The train journey was pleasant and we reached home in the morning. Both me and mom had slept well. Uncle and his wife reached soon. They brought breakfast too. We ate together as uncle caught up with mom. She was his only sister and they were close. I chatted a little with aunt in between morsels of delicious poori and aaloo baaji. I heard mom complain to uncle about back pain. Uncle suggested an ayurvedic oil. He said it had done wonders for his own back pain a few years ago. Uncle and aunt left soon saying he'll come back in the afternoon with the prospective tenant. I decided to rest for a while.

Mom woke me up at noon to have lunch. She had managed to whip up a meal with some vegetables and other supplies uncle had brought in the morning. After lunch mom went to lie down for a bit.

I was in the middle of watching a movie on my phone when uncle came along with the tenant. I woke mom up and we sat on the sofa discussing the terms of the tenancy agreement. We explained politely that we expected the house and the premise to be maintained clean. The tenant agreed. The rent agreement was signed over a cup of tea. A few minutes later, Uncle and the tenant stood up to leave. I walked them out to the main road where uncle had parked his car on the side. Just when I was about to turn back uncle rolled down the car window.

"I almost forgot... Nitin, give this to Uma... it's an ayurvedic oil for her back pain," he said handing me a bottle filled with dark liquid.

"It needs to be massaged on to the back an hour or more before bath, preferably twice a day... you make sure she doesn't forget to pack this when you two return to Pune." I nodded.

I handed it to mom and relayed the instructions. I then resumed the movie I was watching. It was late evening when the movie ended. Afterwards, I called Swetha and talked for a while. Mom had told me how important it was to keep pregnant women happy and make them feel loved. Ever since I knew she was pregnant I had given her no reason to feel sad or angry. I hung up the phone twenty minutes later. I noticed that there were some notifications on whatsapp. I opened it and found a message by Navya at the top. I opened it too see just one word.

"Liar!"

I was confused. There was no reason for her to call me a liar. I saw that she was online. I texted her to see what she meant.

Nitin: Why would you call me a liar?

Navya: Coz you called ME your FAVOURITE GIRL... yet almost 24 hours since you left, no messages... no calls... but you found time to call Swetha!

Nitin: Haha... are you missing me?

Navya: NO!

Nitin: Aww! Sweetie... I miss you too... a lot... infact, I started missing you the moment I couldn't see you anymore on the rear-view mirror of that auto... and what is this silly comparison with Swetha? Mom asked me to call her... said it's important to make pregnant women feel loved... trust me! I meant it when I said you are my FAVOURITE GIRL!

Navya: But then why didn't you even text me?

Nitin: I honestly didn't get time sweetie... I was tired from the journey... so I slept off in the morning... Uncle and the new tenant had come in the afternoon... they left only a short while ago. I would've texted you if I had gotten some time alone... believe me.

It was fun seeing Navya's possessive side. It was cute. I was careful in replying, using some white lies to allay her jealousy. However, this cute little tantrum made the difference between the sisters stark. I never had to deal with any tantrum when it came to Swetha... she was content with what she had. While that is a good thing, it gets boring sometimes. Compared to that Navya craved attention, demanded gifts and was bold. She had broken the monotony in my life.

Navya: Okay... but you have to make it up to me when you're back.

Nitin: Deal. Your wish is my command my lady!

Navya: Haha! Don't act cute mister.

Nitin: Haha... I don't have to act... I AM! By the way, what are you upto?

Navya: Nothing much. Just browsing some dresses... for our secret purchase with your friend in Malaysia. I'll show you when you are back.

Nitin: Okay... but I get to choose which one we finalize.

Navya: Okay. What kind of dresses do you like?

Nitin: Obvious answer... sexy ones! But remember, whatever we buy you won't be able to wear it in front of Mom or Swetha.

Navya: But then, when will I get to wear them?

Nitin: When we hangout... by ourselves.

Navya: And when will that be?

Nitin: Soon. I'll find a way.

Navya: You better! Coz I really miss you.

Nitin: Me too sweetie. I wish I was there with you.

Navya: I don't like this 'Sweetie'... sounds like something a dad would call his daughter.

Nitin: Haha! What would you like to be called then?

Navya: I don't know... something a little more special.

Nitin: 'Sweetie' wasn't my first choice you know. I had something special in my heart... but then I felt shy.

Navya: Why? What was it?

It was true... I had something special in my heart. I had actually felt like calling her 'baby'. As cheesy as it sounds, there was a reason behind it. I never had a girlfriend... neither in school nor in college. Even after I got a job, I never had the courage to ask a girl out. That's when I agreed to an arranged marriage. I had missed out on the girlfriend experience and all the associated cheesiness. Even though I called Swetha 'baby', she was not really into such cheesy names. With Swetha, it was just something we called each other during sex. It was not organic. With Navya, it was different. Our bond had grown through phases similar to that of newly dating couple. We had talked... I was there for her during a difficult time... she had grown to trust me... I had taken her shopping... we had started flirting... we had started missing each other when apart. I decided to tell her what I wanted to call her.

Nitin: I wanted to call you 'Baby'.

She didn't reply for a while. I started panicking. Did I go too far... Has she gotten cold feet. Doubts started creeping into my mind. I texted again.

Nitin: Did I say something wrong?

Navya: No... I love it.

Nitin: God! I was scared you didn't like it. My heart was pounding.

Navya: My heart was pounding coz I loved it a lot... and I wanted to ask you something... I wanted to ask if you'd let me call you the same... God I feel so nervous typing this...

Nitin: God Yes! Yes baby... I'd love it if you called me the same.

Navya: Come back soon baby... I miss you too much.

Nitin: Me too baby... I can't wait to drive you to college on Monday... just the two of us in the car... I want to hear you sing.

Navya: It's so unfair that we don't get too many opportunities when it's just the two of us. I don't like having to pretend being just your 'sister-in-law' in front of Mom and Swetha.

Nitin: I know... but we have to take this bitter pill... we have to keep our special bond between us. No one can know. No one would understand.

Navya: I want to see you... can we video call?

I really wanted to see her too, but Mom was in the kitchen. It was risky.

Nitin: I wish we could... but mom is near... maybe later in the night.

Navya: Promise?

Just when I was typing my reply I was distracted by a noise from the kitchen.

"Aah!" I heard Mom cry out in pain. I quickly texted Navya that I'd call her after mom went to bed and rushed to the kitchen. I found mom bent at her waist, holding her hip by her left hand and supporting herself on the kitchen counter. She was in pain. I went to her side and held her by her shoulders.

"Are you alright?" I asked concerned.

"I had bent to take a pan from the bottom cabinet... and now my back is paining." I supported her as I led her into her bedroom. I made her lie down on the bed.

"Shall I take you to a doctor?" I asked as I pulled a chair and sat by the bed.

"No... just hand me that bottle of oil from the shelf, I'll apply some on my back and rest." She said. I searched on the shelf and found the bottle uncle had handed me in the afternoon. I gave it to her. She took it from me and tried to sit up. She winced with pain as she failed.

"Don't move mom... lie still," I said as she tried to sit up again, "I'll do it."

Gently I helped her roll over onto her front. Mom was wearing a grey Churidar. I picked the hem of the top and pushed it up exposing her back. I stopped just short of her bra.

"Where is it paining now?" I asked as I opened the lid of the bottle and poured a few drops of oil on to my right hand.

"My lower back." She said. She had worn the churidar pant quite high. I pushed it down a little to get more access to her lower back. I then placed my right hand down on her lower back and rubbed, smearing it evenly over the exposed skin. I brought my left hand in and started massaging mom's back gently.

"Just tell me if you want me to go lower or higher." I said and continued massaging her. I took care not to put too much pressure and cause her pain. She lay on the bed quiet. A few minutes later I picked up the bottle again. A few drops trickled down my hand on to her churidar top as I tried to take some oil.

"Oops!" I said, too late to do anything. The oil drops had spread on her top and stained it.

"Sorry Mom, some oil got on your top... it has stained." I apologized.

"Its fine." She said. I proceeded with the massage.

"I have never heard you complain about back pain in the past... when did this start mom?" I asked as I rubbed her back.

"Quite recently," she answered, "I guess its coz I have been sitting in the apartment with no exercise... earlier dad and I used to go for morning walks... We were also doing some yoga... Now I'm just sitting there... alone."

As she spoke I realized that mom had still not completely let go of her grief over dad's passing. I felt bad at how lonely she must have felt... with me and the sisters leaving at morning and coming back only in the evening. She didn't have any friends too in the building since she didn't speak Marathi. Swetha's pregnancy was the only silver lining in her life right now. She had lost the strongest emotional connection in her life a couple of months ago and nothing had filled that void. I felt guilty for neglecting her.

"I'm sorry mom... I didn't realize..." I said trailing off, not able to find the right words.

"Don't be... You already have a lot of responsibilities." She tried to allay my guilt.

"No mom... Swetha and Navya are not responsibilities... you are not a responsibility... you are family. I'm sorry I didn't realize how lonely you were... I promise you... I'll come with you for morning walks," I said earnestly.

"After the monsoon though... I don't think I'll be able to wake up early in this weather." I joked. She laughed. I had been massaging mom's back for about fifteen minutes when she told me it was enough. I left her in the bedroom saying I would order some dinner. I rested on the sofa watching some youtube videos.

Our dinner arrived at 8 PM, by which time Mom had taken a bath. She told me some stories about dad while we ate porotta and egg curry. We went for a short walk since the rain had let up a bit. A few neighbours stopped us to say hi. Mom conversed with them, asking after their spouses and children. We were back home by 9 PM. Soon mom closed the doors and turned in for the night.

I was tired too... but I had an appointment to keep. I went to my bedroom on the first floor and closed the door. I then fished out my earphones from my back and connected it to my phone.

"Is Swetha asleep?" I texted Navya.

"Yes." She replied.

"Lock your door." I texted and waited a few minutes. I felt a flutter in my heart as I pressed the button for video call. She answered soon but the video that came on my screen was of a rotating fan.

"Hello... Navya?" I said.

"Wait." I heard her say. I heard her shuffling about nearby. I waited.