Myrtle of the Mountain Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah...I understand." He said, looking up at her.

"That other man...he took me by surprise. I didn't check him or nuthin', and he pulled a gun and got a shot off at me." She told him. "I buried my hatchet in his head from across the room."

Eustice just stared up at her as she reached for the rope.

"I know you ain't got no gun, and I don't need no knife or hatchet for you." She said, looking at him as she started working on the knot. "I can snap yer neck like it was chicken bone...an' you know it."

He just nodded as the knot came loose and she threw the rope and the blanket aside.

"Hold out yer hands." She told him, and when he did, she tied them together, and said, "Okay, get up and go over to the table."

He got to his feet and hobbled over to the table. Myrtle followed him, crossing behind him and going over to the hearth. She took a bowl down, and filled it with stew, then took it over to the table and sat it down.

"Have a seat." She said as she picked up the gun belt and put it on, then walked over and took the gun down from the shelf and slipped it into the holster. "I got a big ass buck hangin' outside, and I gotta go skin and gut it. So you just sit here and eat, then mind yer manners while I'm gone."

She didn't wait for a response, she just turned and walked over to the door, put on her coat and scarf, and went out.

Eustice looked at the door for a moment, then sat down and picked up the bowl, eating directly from it as he thought about what was happening to him.

(-)

Myrtle came back in an hour later and sat two pails of snow just inside the door as she took off the bearskin coat and scarf and hung them by the door. Picking up the pails, she took them over and hung one from a hook in front of the fire, and the other on a hook at the rear of the hearth.

"We'll have water to drink in a bit, an' hot water fer scrubbin' not long after." She said as she turned and looked toward the back of the cabin where he was looking around.

"You didn't say..." He began.

"No, didn't see no point." she said as she unbuckled the gun belt and dropped it on the table. She walked over, stopping in front of him, then reached down, lifting his hands by the rope tying them together and untied it, dropping it in his hand.

"Got to thinkin' about things while I was workin'." She said as she walked back over to the hearth and looked in one of the buckets, then turned to face him.

"You ain't in no shape to leave here." She said as she lifted the stew pot from its hook and took it over to the table. Pushing the gun belt aside, she sat it down and lifted her spoon as she looked at him. "Likewise, you ain't gonna last the month, much less the winter without me here to do for ya. You got thoughts on the matter?"

"That sounds about right." He said as he came over and sat down at the table. He pulled the Colt from its holster and opened the load gate, shaking out a round and spinning the cylinder till the empty chamber was under the hammer, then put it back in the holster. "Don't leave a round under the hammer, that's a good way to get hurt."

"Don't have that problem with my cap 'n ball." She said around a mouthful of stew. She looked him over as he sat beside her, her eyes running over the lean muscle of his chest, then back up to his face. "You got a story? You said something about some Cree. There ain't no Cree in twenty, thirty miles of here."

"I must have traveled farther than I thought." He muttered, then looked over at her. "I'm a trader, or I was. the party I was with was going from town to town, and yesterday we got hit by the Cree. They killed a bunch before we even knew they was there, and was killin' more when me and another trader took off in opposite directions. I got lucky, my horse was saddle and loaded. Last I saw of him, he was ridin' bareback, and holdin' on for dear life."

"Where was ya? And where was ya goin'?" She asked as she got up and walked over to the hearth, dipping two cups in one of the buckets, then took it off the hook and sat it on the floor away from the fire. She looked in the other bucket, then came back over to the table and sat a cup in front of him as she sat down.

"We were just north of Fort George, and hoped to be in Samuels by sundown."

"You wasn't gonna make it, not if ya had pack animals with ya." She laughed. "That's long on forty miles of tough country. A man on a horse be lucky to make it a day, in good weather."

"So where..."

"This place ain't got no name. This is the Mackenzie Mountains, north end of the Rockies." she told him. "My folks got lost here thirty some odd years back with a bunch of other settlers headed for the Yukon. They built this place for more than thirty of 'em, but more than twenty died the first winter, the rest died a few at a time over the next couple winters, till it was just my folks left."

"Closet place you could call a town is Winston, and that's damn near twenty-five miles south, maybe southeast from here." She said. "How long did yer horse last? You was on foot when I first saw ya."

"You saw me?" He asked, unable to believe his ears. "When? Where was I?"

"Yesterday, long about sundown, in the middle of a blizzard." She said, then took a sip of water. "You was two, three hundred feet out, walkin' right across the clearin'. I watched ya for a bit, then settled in for the night."

"You left me out there to..."

"Luck I had pickin' up strays, just seemed the prudent thing to do." She said, looking at him steadily. "You gave me a start when I went out to strip yer carcass this mornin' though. Had to think on it for a bit 'fore I finally brought you in."

"Wasn't nuthin' personal Yuee." She went on. "Life's hard in these here parts. Ya don't go lookin' for trouble, God's got enough tricks up his sleeve without you goin' an' askin' for more."

"You sound like my mama." He said softly.

"She was right. I don't 'member my mama." She told him. "My papa died a few winters back. I been on my own ever since."

She got up and went over to the hearth, looking in the bucket she'd hung in the rear. When she saw it was steaming, she dipped her finger in it, then used a rag to lift it from the hook and sit it on the floor.

"Water's hot enough fer scrubbin'." She said, opening a cupboard and taking out a large bowl. Sitting the bowl on the floor, she dropped the rag in and looked over at him.

"'Case you ain't caught my meanin' yet Yuee, you stink to high heaven." She said as she came back over to the table. "An' I ain't lettin' you put on clean clothes or sleep in my bed till you scrub some off that stink off."

"You want me to sleep with you?" He laughed as he got up and walked over and squatted down next to the bucket of warm water.

"Pour some water in the bowl, an' wash with that, don't wash from the bucket. We can drink that in the mornin', an' save a trip."

"I know how to do it." He grumbled, as he poured water into the bowl. "Quit actin' like a wife."

"There ain't enough of you to be my man." Myrtle laughed as she got up and came over to stand over him.

Pulling him to his feet, she held him in front of her and looked down at him.

"Look at you, you don't even come up to my shoulder darlin'" She said as she turned him slowly with her hands. "My papa would roll over in his grave if he heard I was gonna make babies with a runt like you."

"Then you better go lookin' for a bear, cuz there ain't no men yer size anywhere near here." He laughed as he stepped back and squatted down again, dipping the rag in the warm water and rubbing it over his face, then rinsing it.

"I been thinkin' about that." She said as she watched him wash. "I was thinkin' I could build a sledge in the spring, and go down south for a bit, maybe look for a man there."

"They grow some big ones down around Louisiana way, where I come from." He told her as he lifted his arm and scrubbed his armpit with the rag.

"How far is that?" she asked as she walked to the back of cabin and got the shirt and pants she had kept out for him.

"Three thousand miles, maybe a bit more." He said. "Took me two years to make the trip up into Alberta. You should be able to do it in one, if'n ya don't dawdle."

She walked back and laid his clothes on the table as she said, "I heard tell of a place called Vancouver, damn near due south from here. And it ain't even a thousand miles. I bet I could do that in a couple months."

"Maybe." He said as he finished washing and stood up. "If you don't find a man there, you could keep goin' south to Seattle, or San Francisco."

"I'll have to think on it." she said as she walked over to the big bed on the other side of the room.

"The pants an' shirt from yer pack are there on the table, but you won't need 'em till morning." She said as she pulled the blankets down and started stripping off her shirt. "I keep it warm in here, and most days don't put on clothes less'n I'm gonna go outside."

"I noticed." He laughed. "I've been naked since you turned me loose, and I ain't felt cold yet."

"It'll cool down overnight as the fire dies down." She told him as she skinned her buckskins down and slid into the bed. "That's why havin' a warm body in bed with you is a blessin'"

She was already under the covers when he came over to the bed and slid in with her.

"You can stay over there if you want darlin'" She laughed as she rolled over and pulled the blankets up over her. "But yer gonna wanna be spoonin' with me 'fore daylight, I promise."

(-)

Dim light from the fire lit the room with a warm glow, and Eustice stirred as he felt the bed shift as she slipped back into it.

"I just put another log on the fire." Myrtle said as she pulled the blankets up over her. "Be an hour 'fore we feel it though."

She looked over her shoulder at him as she said, "I got me a chill, you feel up to comin' over here and warmin' me up a bit?"

"Yeah, I'm cold too." He said, then slid over until he felt the heat of her.

"Yer gonna have to get closer than that." Myrtle chuckled as she reached back and pulled him closer, then wriggled against him.

Eustice gasped when she jerked him over against her, then sighed as he felt the heat of her against him. She was so warm, it felt like there was a fire in the bed with them. He snuggled against her, resting his head against her shoulder.

They lay quietly together for a few minutes, until Myrtle shifted, looking back over her shoulder at him.

"Yuee, what's that little thing yer pokin' me with?" She asked playfully as she wigged her bottom against him.

"I uh...I'm sor..."

"It's okay darlin'." she said softly, pressing against him. "I had me a romp or two, so I won't mind if ya wanna have a poke..."

She paused for a moment before she went on.

"Likely I won't even feel it, since yer thing is so small."

"You think so?" Eustice laughed, reaching down and lifting his cock, sliding it between her legs.

"Lemme help." Myrtle whispered, shifting on the bed.

He felt her fingers guide him into the warm wetness of her opening, and he slid right in as she pushed back at him.

"Oh my, that's bigger than I gave ya credit for." She chuckled as she reached back, pulling his arm around her.

"That's nine inches of bayou bad boy you got in you." He chuckled as he started rocking his hips back and forth slowly.

"You go ahead and have yer way with me Yuee." She said softly, bringing his hand up onto her breast. "Just feelin' you inside me is good enough for me."

"This ain't gonna take long then." He grunted as he started thrusting harder.

"Mmmmmm, been a long time since I had a man inside me." Myrtle moaned as she moved his hand around on her breast. "Be nice if you was to hang around, maybe do this..."

"Fuck..." Eustice grunted, jerking forward and driving his cock as deep into her as it would go.

He felt his balls tighten up, then the rich burn in his shaft as his seed surged through it, spewing into her depths.

"You wasn't kiddin' about bein' quick, were ya Yuee?" She chuckled as she felt his hot spend spurting into her again and again.

"Sorry." He said softly into her back.

"It's okay, it feels good havin' yer little thing inside me." She chuckled.

Eustice started to pull out, but she reached back, putting her hand on his hip, stopping him.

"You can leave it in me, I wanna feel it a bit longer..." She whispered as she settled her head against her pillow. "Kinda wish it was a bit longer though..."

(-)

Myrtle was already up and moving when Eustice awoke the next morning, and she looked over at him as he sat up in the bed.

"'Bout time you got yer lazy ass movin'." She laughed as she turned back toward the hearth. "Sun's been up fer damn near half an hour already."

"What's that yer cookin'?" He ask as he got to his feet and walked over to the table. "It smells good."

"Deer steaks." She told him as she lifted the pan from the grate over the fire. "Cooked up some of them beans you had in yer pack too, and there's some stew left if ya got a mind for that."

"Sounds good." He said as he pulled his pants on and buttoned them. "You got any coffee?"

"My papa used to drink coffee, and I think there's some around here somewhere." Myrtle said as she came over and put plates and utensils on the table. "I never had any, papa wouldn't let me."

"I had some in my pack..."

"That what that stuff in the tin was?" She laughed "I was gonna ask you about that later. There's some other stuff in yer pack I wanna ask you about too."

"Where is my pack?" He asked as he sat down at the table.

"It's safe enough. Yer coffee is in the cupboard there. I think the thing my papa cooked it in is in there too."

"You brew coffee, you don't cook it." Eustice laughed, getting up and going over to the cupboard she had pointed at.

"Don't you go gettin' smart with me little man." Myrtle said as she shook the meat out onto a plate and turned toward him. "I'll brain you with this here fryin' pan..."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean..." he said, stepping closer, and putting his arms around her.

"What the hell do you think yer doin'?" She asked, pushing him away roughly and raising the frying pan defensively.

"I just thought that..."

"Don't you go thinkin' we're hitched or nuthin' there Yuee." She laughed, lowering the pan and sitting it on the ledge of the hearth. "Just cuz we had a bitta fun with our nethers last night, that don't mean you got any claim on me..."

"I get it." He said, grinning sheepishly. He turned and opened the cupboard, spotting the tin he kept his coffee in immediately.

"The cooker thing is on one of the bottom shelves." Myrtle told him as she took the steaks to the table, then brought the pot of beans over and scooped spoonfuls onto their plates.

Eustice nodded as he saw the beat up old percolator at the back of the bottom shelf, and he took it and the tin of coffee over to the hearth.

"You gonna want any of this?" He asked as he dipped water out of the bucket and poured it in the percolator.

"I'll have a taste of yours if ya got a mind to share." She replied, not looking up from her plate.

"Okay, I'll only make half a pot." He said as he opened the tin and used the scoop in the bag to measure out the coffee. "I don't know how long it'll be 'for I'll be able to get more."

"Likely be spring before I make another supply run." Myrtle said around a mouthful of meat.

"This should last till then." He laughed as he sat the pot on the grate in the hearth, then went over to the table and sat down.

"First thaw's still four months away, spring'll be another four, maybe six weeks after." Myrtle said as she pushed his plate toward him. "Now you get to eatin' 'fore yer food gets cold. We got things to do today, and I needs you to be pullin' yer own weight."

(-)

Eustice stood on the edge of the porch watching as Myrtle heaved logs from the low shed attached to the cabin. There was already a sizable pile laying in the snow as she stepped out, looking over at him as she closed the door.

"You can start choppin' some of them logs any time now you lazy little shit." She grumbled as she picked up an ax and kicked one of the logs away from the pile.

She took a step back and lifted the ax, bringing it down and sinking it into the log, then jerked it free and brought it down again, cutting a deep wedge out of the wood. Two more swings left the log in two pieces, and she pulled another one over and repeated the process.

Eustice stepped off the porch and pulled a log away from the pile and swung his ax, feeling it bite into the wood. Jerking it free, he swung again, and a small wedge of wood flew off. He raised his ax again, but Myrtle's voice stopped him.

"Are you kiddin' me?" She laughed as she looked at the cut he had made in the log. "You keep makin' tiny little cuts like that, and we're gonna be out here all mornin'. Why don't you just step back and start puttin' what I cut up on the porch, an' see if you can split 'em any better."

Eustice colored as anger flared in him, and his hands balled into fists.

"You wanna open them hands an' do what I tell you little man." Myrtle said lightly as she brought her ax down on another log. "I'm 'bout as patient as they come, but I ain't puttin' up with any bullshit, 'specially from the likes of you."

She looked over at him, her face a solemn mask, then lifted the ax and sank it deep into another log.

Eustice nodded, moving over behind her. Myrtle moved to one side as he bent over and lifted one of the logs she'd cut and heaved it onto the porch.

Myrtle grinned as she watched him, never stopping her steady chopping.

He made quick work of it, and soon had a large pile of logs sitting on the porch. He hopped up and sat one on the block and brought his ax down, splitting it in one swing.

"Better." Myrtle chuckled. "I guess we gotta piss you off to get any real work outta you."

Eustice didn't say anything, he just put another log up on the block and split it quickly.

"Cut 'em in quarters, we can gather up the chips and splinters later for kindlin'"

He nodded as he split another log, picking up the pieces and splitting them again.

Working steadily, they soon had a large stack of wood on the porch. Myrtle stepped up and moved a section of the wall, revealing a deep space behind it. There was a pile of wood inside it, already split and neatly stacked.

"Start puttin' some of this wood in here." She told him as she filled her arms with wood. "I'll take this inside, then come back an' help."

Eustice nodded and started stacking logs on the pile as Myrtle walked over and opened the door and went into the cabin. She was back a moment later, and helped him put the rest of the logs onto the pile.

"Now we gotta gather up the kindlin'." She said as she took a bag down off a hook and jumped down off the porch.

Dropping to her knees, she started picking up bits of wood and putting them in the bag.

"Make sure you get it all." She said as she worked. She held up a small sliver as she said, "Even little bitty bits like this. We're low on kindlin' so we'll take this in with us when we're done."

It only took a few minutes for them to gather up all the chips and splinters, and when they were done, Myrtle stood up and wiped her hands, then brushed some loose dirt from her knees. She tossed the bag over near the door, then stepped back up onto the porch and lifted the panel, settling it back in place.

"You wanna see some of the place?" She asked as she stepped off the porch, turning to look back at him.

"Aren't you cold?" He asked, putting his arms around his body and running his hands up and down over them. "You're not even wearin' a coat..."

"Nah, ya get used to it. Likely be in the teens today anyway." She laughed. "Me an' papa used to run around nekkid out here on days like this when I was little."