Navy Nurse Ch. 11

Story Info
Diana loses Brad
6.7k words
4.65
2.5k
00

Part 11 of the 28 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/06/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As Diana read and reread Brad's lengthy missive detailing the reason for his disappearance from her life, she experienced a wide range of mixed emotions. One conclusion that stood out for her was her sense that he was obviously infatuated with her, if not downright in love with her. That belief most gratified her since it exactly mirrored her partiality towards him. She took no umbrage at his frank admission that he was leery of her demonstrated promiscuity. It was indeed an understandable concern on his part. After that night of their date, and before she became wary of his disappearance, she had formulated strategic plans as to how she could convince him that she intended to be exclusively his and that he had nothing to fear to the contrary.

That being the case, Diana was disheartened to discover that his melancholy in reacting to this most unfortunate motor vehicle accident had led him to conclude that he was unworthy of her. Even more alarming was that he assumed that would be her attitude as well, and thus any possibility of a committed relationship between them was forever out of reach. In contrast to what she perceived his mind to be, she was more convinced that instead, the circumstances proved they were meant to be together.

Diana was not particularly religious, certainly not pious, and seldom attended church services. Still, in growing up, she was subjected to and influenced by significant Christian theological dogma. In particular, she had no problem in believing God's omniscience. Thus, she assumed that everything occurring in one's life had a divine purpose, and it is up to the individual in exercising their free will to achieve ultimate satisfaction by choosing the best options presented.

The contemplation of her pregnancy primarily manifested this notion. There's no question that she was foolish not to have employed a birth control preventative measure when agreeing to partake in the Frat party's gangbang orgy. Then again, just because she did not utilize birth control measures did not mean she would automatically become pregnant. Lots of women, especially lesbians who would want to get impregnated, who undergo artificial insemination at precisely the height of ovulation, still do not necessarily as a matter of course, get pregnant as a result. There may very well be various reasonable technical explanations to account for the failure of conception. Still, there is no denying to anyone who has any faith, that they would conclude that God must have had a hand in the result.

In this regard, Diana was mindful of a favorite anecdote that her father was fond of retelling. Although given her father's and mother's successful and lucrative legal careers, which had enabled them to achieve wealth and high social standing, there was a time when they were destitute. Her dad and mom were fresh out of law school, and her mom was pregnant with her oldest sister Abigail and thus was not earning any income. Her father was trying to make a living as a sole practitioner in law, but their income was sparse. As a result, they were behind in the rent of their residence. So much so that on a Friday, their landlord threatened to forcefully evict them, and throw them out on the street, if the rent was not paid in full by the end of the business day Monday.

Now her father knew that there was a check of legal income, that was due and forthcoming in the mail that would easily cover the rent. So consequently, throughout that weekend, her father and mother, too, fervently and frequently prayed to God imploring that the check would arrive in Monday's mail. As it turned out, the check-in question did indeed come that Monday so that the rent could be paid. However, what was noteworthy of the arrival of this check was the fact that mail delivery to their house had been remarkably consistent. Every day Monday to Friday mail was delivered without exception, barring a holiday, to their home within minutes of one o'clock in the afternoon. On this particular Monday, the letter including the check, was delivered at 11:00 AM. The next day and every day thereafter, the mail was delivered at the regular and consistent time of one o'clock in the afternoon.

Her father was pragmatic enough to acknowledge that had he inquired of the postman, the reason for the exception in mail delivery on that particular day, no doubt a reasonable and unremarkable explanation would have been forthcoming. Nonetheless, despite that most likely assumption to be the case, it still did not dissuade her father from believing that it was a signal from God assuring him that his prayers had been heard and were answered.

As Diana had heard her father recount this story numerous times throughout her upbringing, she was naturally influenced by it in developing her thought processes and outlook in life. She maintained in her mind that fucking Brad Winters at the gangbang orgy was one of the best, if not the best sexual encounters she had experienced that night. Diana thought no more about the significance of their initial meeting because such blatant sexual circumstances would not usually forecast the beginning of a meaningful romantic relationship. In fact, her mindset was geared to deliberately enjoy promiscuous sex while she was in her twenties before necessarily settling down to lead a responsible, mature adult life.

She had been excited by the prospect of their dinner date but had no expectation beforehand that anything further would seriously develop, except for engaging in sexual intercourse after the conclusion of the night. The rendezvous, though, proved to the most enjoyable date imaginable. Their conversation was truly sprightly, and natural chemistry between them was very firmly established and most evident. The pièce d'résistance of that beautiful evening was the sex. Diana was in absolute bliss afterward, and marveled at how thoroughly satisfied she had been with their lovemaking. She experienced delightful mind-blowing orgasms. She loved everything that Brad did to her. She knew, without a doubt, that there was nothing he could do to her sexually, that she would hate. She was game for anything that would make him happy, and to make him happy was her ultimate desire.

She even went a step further in believing, with absolute certainty that she had fallen in love with Brad; true deep love, such that there was no doubt in her mind that with him, she would be a one-man woman. She got so carried away by her enchantment with Brad that she recalled a movie musical entitled "The Pajama Game," which starred Doris Day, that she had seen as a result of her parents' recommendation. With her infatuation of Brad, there was one song in particular that she could relate to. Part of the lyrics were as follows:

"There once was a woman who loved a man

He was the one that she took poison for

They say that nobody ever loved as much as she

But for me, I love you more

And there once was a woman who loved a man,

He was the one she swam the channel for

They say that nobody ever loved as much as she

But for me, I love you more.

My love's meteoric, it's merely historic

A whirlwind, a cyclone on wheels

It rocks my whole solar plexus,

It's bigger than Texas

I just can't tell you how it feels

I only know there once was a woman

Who loved a man

Loved him enough to cause the Trojan War

They say that nobody ever loved as much as she

But for me,

I love you more! More! More! More!

More than a hangman loves his rope

More than a dopefiend loves his dope

More than an Injun loves his scalps*

More than a yodeler loves his alps

More more, more more more!"

(*that movie was obviously produced and the song composed in times before political correctness had set in)

Therefore, it was understandable that she was alarmed at his disappearance from the hotel room when she awakened. She refused to believe that their date was a mere one night stand. She was kicking herself for not having obtained his phone number so that she could get some clarification of their status. It was most demoralizing later to find out from Keshaun that Brad had apparently dropped out of the University, his phone was cut off, and he seemed to have decamped. Her despair was complete!

Then she received his lengthy letter via snail mail no less. Does anyone nowadays actually pen an orthodox letter and dispatch it using the regular postal services? Diana had two main competing emotional reactions to the contents of his message. On the one hand, she was thrilled to perceive that he loved her; truly loved her. That he was concerned about her promiscuity was not a shock to her; she really couldn't imagine any other genuine emotion on his part. She was, though, gratified that he was prepared to overlook that, and this heartened her immensely. On the other hand, she was alarmed that because of the horrific motor vehicle accident he was involved in, and had a specific impending imprisonment sentence, that he saw no other outcome, but that their budding relationship was at an end even before it got really started.

As Diana deliberated the contents of his letter, the possibility of Devine influence took hold of her mind. When one refrains from employing birth control prevention while having vaginal penetration sex during ovulation, indeed, the risk of getting pregnant would be very high. By the same token, pregnancy does not necessarily automatically ensue as a result. Given her religious beliefs, she could not discount the hand of God being a factor responsible for her condition.

As far as she could estimate, she had vaginal sex with about forty-five different men that night of the orgy. One of those forty-five occasions was the conception event. So the odds were 45 to 1 against any particular man being the sire of her baby, but one of them was. So why couldn't it be Brad? Considering Brad's tragic motor vehicle accident that ensued right after their first authentic dinner date, Diana could not help feeling that God was trying to tell her something. The more she thought about it, the more convinced she became that Brad had to be the father of her child.

In any case, this possibility would be a compelling argument to convince him that the world had not yet ended; all was not lost in contemplating a lasting relationship between them. She still didn't have a current phone number for him, but his letter did contain his return address on the envelope. Accordingly, she penned a pleading letter and went to the expense of utilizing guaranteed overnight delivery service by FedEx. The contents of her message were:

"Brad, call me! Call me right away! Please! I have something to tell you that you would want to know. I know you have my number. But if you have lost it, my number is 313-***-****. Please call me immediately!"

The next day before Brad could call, Diana had her regular luncheon date with Makayla. She informed Makayla of Brad's letter, of her reaction to it, and her intentions to pursue Brad notwithstanding this disaster. She emphasized her religious thoughts, which were influencing her decision not to give up on Brad despite his despair to the contrary.

Makayla replied, "I'm not one to discredit anyone's religious views. But say you are successful in convincing Brad to stay with you and form a relationship with you, obviously after he finishes serving his time. So if that relationship does not pan out in the future, are you then going to complain to God for wasting your time in staying faithful for at least one year, all for naught?"

Diana replied. "Of course not. We cannot predict the future, and things can change and do change that may doom and destroy any love relationship. All I know is that at this moment, I love Brad as much as it is possible for any woman to love a man. I'm so certain of my love I know instinctively that the child I'm carrying is his. For that reason, I know he'll want to be with me."

All Makayla could say to that was, "Well good luck to you, Diana. I truly wish you will find happiness with Brad."

Brad did call that evening, and Dianna made sure that she captured his number so she could now remain in touch with him.

He started, "I got your message, but I can't see what good it could do."

In a very concerned voice, she asked, "Why do you give up on us so quickly, Brad? You obviously care for me even though you know I'm a slut. You first met me knowing I was being gangbanged by umpteen guys quite willingly as far as you could tell. Yet you asked me out, and we had a marvelous time. And you must have sensed that night that I cared for you."

Brad replied. "OK, you may have been promiscuous, but that's not a crime like murder. I killed another man. And who wants to be associated with a murderer?"

"For God's sake, Brad, you're not a murderer. Yes, you caused a man to die, but you did not intend it to happen; therefore, you're not a murderer."

"But still, I killed an innocent man. He would be alive today if it were not for me."

"You don't really know that for sure, Brad. If you hadn't hit him, perhaps some other motorist might have struck him given the hazardous location he was in, to change his tire. Besides, he was not so innocent anyway. Why didn't he call for roadside assistance? I believe every insurance company offers this service to its policy holders. And most car companies offer such service as a package deal in purchasing their product. He could have, in that case, stayed in his car. Considering you only scraped the side of his car, thus, he would not have been injured whatsoever notwithstanding the collision.

"Not only that but considering you were about to quit driving to sleep at the next rest area, perhaps such was near enough that he could have driven there on this flat. That way, he would have been able to change his tire in absolute safety."

Brad admitted, "Come to think of it, I do remember that before the accident, I had seen a sign indicating the rest area was a mile away. That was what made me decide that I would stop there to get some sleep before I resumed driving."

Diana continued, "There you go. In other words, the rest area was less than a mile away from the accident site. So you see, I know you feel so totally guilty about being responsible for this fellow's death. But you can't keep beating yourself forever as a consequence. Furthermore, it's not like you're getting away scot-free as a result. You have had to interrupt your college education. And it looks like you're going to have to spend a year in prison as well. But after you pay your debt to society, you will still have your future ahead of you, as you had indicated in your letter. So I don't see why we can't still be a couple.

"Reading between the lines of your letter, I understand that you were seriously considering making me your girlfriend, but you were a little gun shy considering your past bad experience with your ex. I can honestly say, Brad, that I truly want to be your girlfriend. Not even knowing your history, though realizing the circumstances of our first meeting, would necessarily raise your concern about my faithfulness, I swear that I had made my mind up to try and convince you that I can be faithful. I know deep in my heart that I would be faithful to you."

Although Diana's pleading touched Brad, he was still feeling sorry for himself such that it compelled him to reply, "I do not doubt your sincerity, Diana. But we have only been together twice, so we really don't know each other. I was only in the process of determining whether to continue seeing you and seeing where that would lead. My court date is in a couple of weeks, at which time I expect to start serving my prison sentence. So it would be unreasonable for either of us to believe, on such short acquaintanceship, that we are in the position to expect a commitment to each other during this one-year separation before we even have another date."

Diana took a deep breath as she knew this was the crunch time in her conversation with Brad. So she replied, "What you say is very true and pragmatic. However, there is something I have to tell you that alters the picture. You see, I am pregnant."

This tidbit of information nonplussed Brad as he could not discern its relevance. So he reacted, "Oh well, that's interesting. But why are you telling me that? Since our night together occurred fairly recently so that you could not have possibly ascertained this quickly that you have become pregnant as a result."

"Quite true, Brad. The fact is that I'm some eleven weeks pregnant so that I was fully aware that I was pregnant before that night we spent at the Sheraton."

"OK! So again, why are you telling me this? What has that got to do with us?"

"The thing is this, Brad. Between the occurrence of my last known period and the time my doctor confirmed my pregnancy, I only participated in sex once whereby I could have conceived. That occurrence was the night of the Frat charity party."

Brad was getting to understand the drift of Diana's conversation, and he was shocked by the implication. So he asked, "Are you trying to tell me that I'm the father? How the Hell would you know? Yes, I fucked you that night, but so did countless other men. Besides, I can't believe you did not utilize birth control protection that night. Surely there must be another time you had sex to account for your pregnancy."

As Diana was expecting such reaction, she was quite composed in answering, "I need not get into the reasons why I was not utilizing birth control protection that night. Suffice it to say that I was foolish, and I definitely can assure you that I did not intend to get pregnant. But I did, so it's water under the bridge. Now I believe I fucked as many as forty-five guys that night, which includes you, so there is for each of you one chance in forty-five that anyone of you is the father. But one of you is. If it turns out that you are the one, wouldn't your attitude change about our status?"

Brad was taken entirely off guard by this last notion. He sputtered, "What are you saying? If I'm the father, do you insist we get married? Besides, how exactly would you go about determining in absolute certainty that I'm the father?"

Realizing that she had Brad's full attention, Diana confidently proceeded, "Let me lay all my cards on the table. As I've known for more than a month with absolute certainty that I'm pregnant, you can surmise I'm not getting an abortion. Now that does not mean I'm going to keep my baby and raise him or her, as I do have the option of releasing my baby for adoption. Now, if I knew without a doubt, that you were the father of my baby, I would not hesitate in deciding to raise him or her.

"In answer to your question, I certainly am not advocating a shotgun marriage if it turns out that you are the father. However, if you are the father, wouldn't you want to be part of our child's life? Now, yes, I may be considered a slut and a skank because of my consensual participation in the Frat orgy, but you would have to concede I'm a woman of substance notwithstanding. My GPA is outstanding, and I'm going to be an officer of the United States Navy. Not your typical run of the mill bimbo, I daresay. Of course, from my vantage point, I'm absolutely certain that you are genuinely a worthwhile man.

"Therefore, I've every confidence that our child will be spectacular, given his or her inherited genes. Now not only would I not insist that we marry or even enter into a committed relationship, but I don't even demand child support since I have the wherewithal to raise my child adequately. So my only question to you is, wouldn't you want to know our child, your natural blood and flesh? Wouldn't you want to be part of his or her life?"

Brad sheepishly answered, "Well, since you put it that way, I guess so."

12