Navy Whore Ch. 05

Story Info
Kathy gets payback; Lyle comes home.
3.5k words
3.36
4.6k
4
0

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/22/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thanks to Tigerssman for all your help with this story.

***

The war heated up. It was Spring in Northern Belarus; the rain just replaced the snow. The lines changed for both sides, but not much. The Australians needed troops, The Firebrand, and The Phoenix were stuck there. People felt like they were pieces on a chessboard. The war was getting too close to home. Lee knew someone in Jacksonville who had a ton of carriers. Lee called Kathy.

"Hello Kathy here, how can I help you?"

"Hello Lee here, so good to hear from you."

"WHAT!" screamed Kathy, "Those shitholes here! NOT ON MY WATCH! THEY KILLED MY MEN!"

"COMMANDER, IN MY OFFICE NOW! Bring a map of the western hemisphere. Lee you are on speakerphone, and we got a map to plot your areas. The commander now knew why his boss was 'Hot under the collar. You want triples for staging? You got them, may I suggest you seal off the canal. I DON'T WANT THOSE SONS OF BITCHES ANYWHERE NEAR HOME SOIL!" After that Kathy calmed down; the commander plotted out the areas Lee wanted the strike groups.

"Lee, where do you want my nuclear carriers? What do you need for stateside protection?"

"You have nuclear carriers? I need to brush up on who has what," Lee said.

"I will find the best top-notch captains for you Lee. It's not fair Lee, how did you know when I was finding all those Marines for you, I would wind up finding captains for you?"

Lee said, "That's why Fleet Admiral's can tell Lieutenant Commanders what to do."

The next day the whole base was on red alert, scramble. Briefings were being held by all departments; Kathy had the Captain's briefing.

"You are all the best captains here and are grouped by how well you work together. You all have your assignments. Let me make this last point very clear, you all have a direct order, and you also have eyes on the ground to discern how to carry out that order. If you feel you completed your orders, you will call in with your status to get a new orders. You stay there until you get a new order."

"Lee knows what the hell she is doing, but there is always a good reason behind it."

"I didn't, and it cost hundreds of lives. You are our last line of defense."

A General called Kathy. "Kathy, The Firebrand and The Phoenix have gone radio silent and are under attack."

"COMMANDER Briefing room NOW! Sarah transfer calls to the briefing room, on scramble."

"Admiral the war is going shitty on all fronts. We need an Admiral who thinks like Lee—we need YOU!"

"May I remind you I am only a one-star Rear Admiral, General."

"Send your complaint to 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Until you hear otherwise, you are a four-star Admiral."

"Commander gas up a jet, I need to get to Andrews. I guess a private jet is a perk when you have a landing strip in your backyard."

"On my way to DC General, will meet with Joint Chiefs when I get there."

On the way to the jet, Kathy saw two captains from her nuclear carriers. "You two gather your strike forces and head to Australia to aid 'The Firebrand and The Phoenix. Let's hope they are still there when you get there."

"Marcia, can you put these damn things on me? I want to look at least partially in uniform."

"Congratulations."

"Doesn't mean a thing if I lose my friends."

Horns from both strike groups were blowing, phones everywhere were telling their friends, "Liberty is over. Report to base at once for a rescue mission."

The navigator was the last to board. "Thank you for joining us, Mr. Roberts."

"Yes Ma'am, I'm sorry I am late Ma'am."

"Let's go save The Firebrand and The Phoenix shall we. Set course for Australia."

"We can't keep getting battered like this Lee."

"Norma Rae, how good are you at sending old codes?"

"Very good Ma'am."

"How easy will The Phoenix figure it out?"

"Easy Ma'am, I taught them myself. Why an old code Ma'am?"

"We both need to get to open water where it takes longer for fighters to get there. If the enemy is only familiar with new codes, then perhaps an old code will befuddle them."

"Send this to The Phoenix no reply."

So, the remains of both strike forces went out to open water to hold out for help.

"Come on Kathy, time for your redemption," Lee said.

"Why do you say Kathy, Lee? Isn't she stateside?"

"Who do you know in the Navy with at least one star, who thinks like me, and has a shit load of aircraft carriers at her disposal?"

"Kathy! Do you think she sent help?"

"It's payback time Lesly."

"If they were smart, and admittedly sometimes the President and Secretary of the Navy are sometimes not the brightest bulbs in the box, they would have made her a four-star Admiral by now. She needs to have the authority. Our baby has grown up."

Kathy sent strike groups from Florida, San Diego, and Hawaii. She was going to drop the hammer down hard. Norma Rae sent out the new location.

When 'The Kamehameha' was spotted on the horizon by Captain Lesly, there was rejoicing. Lee transferred flagships, as The Firebrand needed a lot of repairs and had lost over 1,000 men.

Lee said, "Shall we get going then?"

"No, we wait for the other groups. For the Admiral, this is personal. The others need rest from the prolonged battle. Once the armada arrived, the five strike groups headed towards the island while The Firebrand and The Phoenix trailed behind.

The skies were black because of the jets. All the bombers would hit their targets at the same time, leaving nowhere for the people to run before the fighters fired. The single strike philosophy destroyed all of the enemies arms.

The jets continued up the coast then wheeled around to clean out the interior.

When Kathy hit Andrews, she was presented with a set of blue and white dress uniforms, complete with ribbons, befitting a four-star Admiral. She would be in uniform when she met the Joint Chiefs.

Lee sent Kathy a text, "Lyle was one of the first to die. He saved twenty people and got the air conditioning system working before the second mortar hit."

Kathy responded, "Oh crap, can you give Hope at least one week of liberty to bring Lyle back to Maria? No chaplain, Hope is the one she trusts. Twenty people, possibly more, what a patriot. Do you think he is a MOH candidate? I think some people who received the Medal of Honor did a lot less. It was a somber day when the cargo plane touched down at Dover AFB, where all the KIA's get processed. The President was there, along with a full honor color guard. There was no celebration; these were Hope's friends. Many who paid that 'The Ultimate Sacrifice' could not be recovered from the sea. 'The Firebrand' lost 1,000 men, The Phoenix lost 2,000 men.

The President shook hands with Hope.

"Captain, CPO Hope here is bringing back a fallen friend. Have Marine 1 and Marine 2 ready for use. I want my color guard to be there, there is nothing we can repay a Gold Star family for. Give CPO Hope your phone number. Report back to me once you complete the arrangements.

White bishop sacrifices to the black rook.

"Yes, Sir."

"Thank you, Mr. President, and I am sure Maria appreciates your generosity."

"Are you close to the family, CPO Hope?"

"I delivered their baby, Hope Emmanuel, two years ago. We keep in touch. I am her God Mother."

Hope steeled herself as she knocked on the door. Teresa opened the door with a two-year-old Hope in her arms. "Teresa, could you take Hope out back and distract her? I need to talk to Maria. Hope was sobbing by the time Maria approached the door. All Hope could do was shake her head.

"NO! NO! NOT MY LYLE!" The two women embraced.

"Maria, remember, he was a true patriot. He saved many lives that day while putting himself at risk. Lee saw his bravery first hand."

Teresa was out in the backyard making a telephone call. "Marge, this is Teresa. Lyle didn't make it out. Hope is here with Maria. She brought Lyle home."

"Don't worry about a thing. She will have to identify the body to get him released, but I will sort everything else out. Thank God Hope is here."

Teresa called Marge for Hope. "Marge, when I was in training for my PO 3, there was a bugler. I want her at Lyle's funeral. Find an empty back seat of a jet somewhere."

Every sailor was in their dress blues when The Firebrand and The Phoenix sailed into the bay. They then volleyed a twenty-one-gun salute followed by taps.

The Firebrand and The Phoenix had severe structural damage, yet both were able to limp into dry dock. It was a miracle they remained afloat.

Kathy asked her two captain friends and their 'XO's' where to get the crew for The Firebrand and 'The Phoenix.' Marcia was the captain of "The Champion', and Steve was the captain of 'The Guardian'. Their 'XO's were Joan and Harry respectively.

Kathy knew what the raw gross number of the crew a carrier needed, but when it came down to all the jobs, the numbers were staggering. Kathy had to ask them, "How many for each position would you be comfortable with for a minimum, and how many for an ideal number?"

"Admiral, permission to speak freely?"

"Granted."

"Ma'am, The Phoenix will take a longer time to fix and then you have sea trials. I propose that, since The Firebrand is the flagship, you combine the two crews and let Steve and I join The Firebrand for a three-strike force team. Once you fill The Phoenix, we will make a powerhouse strike force. I have to admit, that our trip to Australia was the first time I felt of service to my country. Again, Lee knew exactly where to position her ships."

The Phoenix was to get a total upgrade, so it would be an eighteen month delay to finish her. The Firebrand took priority over 'The Phoenix.'

Kathy called Lee, "Lee, you are on speakerphone at Mayport Headquarters. With me are the captains of The Champion and The Guardian along with their XO's. We are trying to find ways to crew The Firebrand and The Phoenix. Marcia proposed that we merge the crews and staff of The Phoenix when she is ready. Captain Lesly has been a captain a long time. Why don't you promote her and give Jim the keys to the new car? He lost one-third of his men and kept her afloat. Rear admiral Lesly could stay aboard doing other duties. We can start to groom the crew on The Phoenix now, so they are better equipped when they report for duty."

Kathy walked into the officer's club, sat down next to Jim and signaled the bartender for two beers.

"Ma'am I can't, I am the designated driver."

"Nonsense, you will need it. My driver will drive you and your friend's home." That drew the attention of many in the area including the bartender. Kathy slid a ring box over to Jim. It read, 'Keys to the new car. Jim opened the box to see a key blank that went to a car, on the side was a sticker that read The Firebrand.

"Is this a joke? If it is, it's not very funny."

Kathy dug into her breast pocket and said, "Hot off the press." She slid the envelope over to Jim. Jim had to read the piece of paper three times. "You want me to be the captain of The Firebrand?" The bartender yelled, "Next round is on the house. Jim is the new captain of The Firebrand.

"What will happen to Captain Lesly, is she retiring?"

"Ha, you will have to carry her out in a box. She most likely will be a two-star Admiral, and when my appointment is over, I will be a one-star again. That is how it should be."

"You see there are only four, four-star Admirals on active duty at any time; the job is a temporary position, most retire before retirement age to let new blood in the ranks. The only reason I got the job, was because Lee groomed me to think like her. Report for duty at The Firebrand at 08:00."

Jim got pats on the back all night long. All around the base commanders yelled, "The Admiral wants you to report to duty at 07:00 at 'The Firebrand," in your dress whites. What the Admiral wants, the Admiral gets. The chow line will be open an hour early. You better look sharp."

When Captain Jim reported for duty at the dry dock at 08:00 there was a mass of humanity there. "Reporting for duty as ordered Ma'am," said Jim.

"Jim, I want to introduce Captain Marcia of The Champion and Captain Steve of The Guardian and their XO's Joan and Harry. They will be joining you to make an awesome strike force. The Phoenix will be joining you later. We will surround the enemy, instantly."

"This is your crew, except for Hope and Lee. I think the funeral for Lyle is tomorrow. I thought we could do an inspection together. We merged both crews."

Kathy and Jim walked row by row and column by column to inspect all 6,000 sailors. Jim stopped to say hello to all he knew, the others were just name and position.

Kathy stopped and looked at a woman with long hair. "When you get your hair cut, make sure you donate it to 'Locks of love'; nine inches is the minimum I believe. Always think of ways to help our community. Tell your friends. Ask how you can store it, if you are out at sea."

"Yes Ma'am, thank you, Ma'am."

The funeral was like nothing Hope had ever seen. Marine 1 and 2 flew low overhead of the funeral procession. Maria, Hope and Hope's friend were in Marine 1 and Lyle, and the color guard in Marine 2, so he did not disturb Maria. The first five cars had friends and family. The following five miles of vehicles were military, to pay respects to their comrade in arms. The funeral went off with militaristic precession. As the funeral ended, Hope pointed out to Maria her friend that was in a meadow about fifty yards away. She played Taps and was pitch perfect, the best Hope ever heard. Her friend walked fifty yards the other direction, turned around and played Revelry.

Afterward, Hope's friend said to Hope, "Thanks for the invite. It was an honor for me to play today for Maria. How is Maria holding up? I never flew in a fighter before. He took me to Mach 1.1 then slowed down and let me fly it for a bit."

"Alright for now. Lee gave me a few more days of Liberty to make sure she does not do something crazy."

Hope said to little Hope, "Hope, do you see a flag near your house?"

Little Hope shook her head

"I think we should fix that don't you?"

Little Hope nodded her head enthusiastically.

"Let's buckle you in your car seat, and we will go get one. I need to talk to you."

"Hope did you see all those people in uniform yesterday?"

Little Hope nodded.

"They were there because they wanted to show respect for what your Daddy did. You see your Daddy went to heaven a little while ago. He was courageous. He saved many people that day. This country owes your Daddy a debt. You see he did it to protect your Mommy and you by fighting for America. One day, your Mommy will tell you stories and show you pictures about him. Now once the flag is up, and you are sad, or just want to think about your Daddy, I want you to look at the flag."

Hope pulled into a hardware store to get a flag; it had embryoid stars and military braid. Hope pulled into a mall and upon entering the store she asked where purses were.

"Excuse me, we have a little girl here who needs a small purse to keep a picture of her Daddy safe and sound. Hope doesn't want it to get crumpled up in a pocket."

The saleslady said, "Indeed not, a treasure like a picture of a Daddy can't be stuck in a pocket, follow me."

Hope said, "Do you have something with two pockets, like a coin purse, that snaps shut. She can then have the picture safe on one side and something else on the other. Naturally, Little Hope selected a pink one, not much bigger than an adult's hand. "Hope this is a picture of your Daddy, it is yours now. Put it in your purse, so you don't damage it." Little Hope just stood and gazed at the picture of her Dad for several minutes and then put it in her purse.

The Naval Lieutenant from next door put the flag bracket on a front porch column, then he hoisted Little Hope on his shoulders, and they slid the pole in together. "This is for you Lyle. We will protect your family." Hope went to attention and gave the flag a salute followed by the next-door neighbor. Maria picked up Little Hope and taught her how to salute a flag; they both did it together.

"Thank you, Hope. I didn't know how to tell her."Hope said, "It was the flag that inspired me. I just had to tie her Dad to our flag, and it transformed the symbolism of our flag in her mind. "I bought her a coin purse and gave her a picture of Lyle because she will need it far more than I will. I can always get it scanned. Maria, she will be a Naval officer one day, hopefully during peacetime. Please don't discourage her because of Lyle, encourage her because of Lyle and all the others that never made it back."

Hope said, "We need to celebrate getting our new flag. Who's up for some ice-cold lemonade?"

Everyone raised their hands, including all the families that had gathered to watch the flag raising. Three parents went out to get supplies for the impromptu party. One for party supplies, another for gallons of apple and orange juice and lemonade with ice; and lastly, one to get two sheet cakes with flags on them. Soon all the children demanded their parents buy flags just like Hope had. The flags transformed the base. However, their flags were only flags, Little Hope's flag was special.

When Hope reported to Mayport, she decided to make a little show of it to her dear friend. She walked into Jim's office and declared: "Medical CPO Hope reporting for duty, Captain." Hope was at attention and saluting her superior.

Captain Jim returned Hope's salute. "At ease, sailor." Captain Jim was still coming to grips with being the captain of The Firebrand. Hope was the first who reported to duty to him.

"How is Maria doing Hope?" Hope reported, "Much better after our flag raising. I told Hope her Daddy went to heaven fighting for that flag. I think the concept is a little out of reach now, but one day she will understand. She will make a fine Naval officer, but we need to get this war over before then."

Lee was sick about what was happening in Northern Belarus. She decided to make four beachheads in Estonia and Poland and land men and supplies across Europe. They would meet 200 miles behind ally lines and march onward to bolster the line.

The enemy had traveled so fast; it went past its supply lines. They were cut off, and the men had been there six months, and food supplies were dwindling. Australia had been a damaging defeat.

In September, when the weather was getting colder, and the ground was harder, this allowed the tanks to travel on the roads. Lee made her move. The white knight to capture the black queen, check.

Lee made a four-prong attack, two middle columns, the right column which made the feint attack and the left who would push the enemy into the right side. The two interior columns moved forward and to the flanks, but still curved to squeeze the enemy. In mid-November with the snows coming, the enemy forces were depleted, and gave up en masse. Millions had died during the conflict; the only difference was that whole countries were rubble. Now, Lee had to focus on other parts of the world where the enemy was gaining strength because the enemy would learn from Australia and Belarus. The Army and Marines will play a big part in the war. Boots on the ground is the only way of controlling an area. The game will take a long time to finish. However, it will be a draw as there is no winning in war.