Neighbourly

Story Info
Always being there whatever is needed.
9k words
4.63
17.9k
20
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All comments and feedback are gratefully received as I'm hoping the feedback will encourage improvements in my work. This is a work of fiction from the deep dank recesses of my mind and any resemblance to real people is purely accidental.

This story depicts lesbian sex, if this not to your liking, please visit some of my other submissions, otherwise I hope you enjoy.

----------

"How could he do this to me. After last time as well?" cried Sarah. Her neighbour, Sally, had come around as she could hear raised voices accompanied by doors slamming and she was afraid for her Sarah's wellbeing. Sarah's crying was the sort where her entire body shook while she screwed her pretty features up; her face was bright red with shades of deep pink and the tears were streaming down her face.

Sally had always had a crush on her neighbour. She made no secret of being a lesbian but that had not prevented her brunette neighbour from embracing her in her infectious ways. Sarah was a real people person, her journey through life had been spent spreading sweet, scented petals before her and everyone loved having her around. She was a very popular person, unfortunately that meant she often drew people into her inner circle who were actual toxic for the others in her circle and it had to be said, toxic for Sarah.

One of them was Sarah's husband Jonny and Sarah had previously confessed that she had caught him cheating on her twice before -- and they were the two she knew about, she suspected there were a lot more she didn't know about. The way he made Sarah feel about herself made Sally angry when she was near them. He belittled Sarah at every turn, he was openly mean to her and Sally suspected he probably hit and bullied Sarah who quite frankly didn't deserve to be treated like that. Sally was tall, slim and fiercely independent but seeing how Sarah was reduced to a husk of her former self made her seethe inside.

Sally had moved in next door over ten years ago after her own marriage broke up. She had thought she could deny her feelings towards other women but when her son was only three it became too much and for the sake of her mental health she had moved out and set up a new home for her and her son. Sarah and Jonny were already living there and over the years had two children of their own. Sarah and Sally had hit it off right from the get-go but Sally had trouble getting to like Jonny -- she had a sixth sense about some people and she could tell that there was something dark lurking in him somewhere. Although Sally had left an established marriage behind, her lesbian lifestyle hadn't yielded a long term partner yet. She had a series of six month relationships and even more one night stands but she put it down to not settling for second best; something she clung on to firmly.

The two women would regularly lean over the fence exchanging gossip and it was Sarah's natural sunshine that had doomed Sally into worshipping the brunette Mum. She was far more rounded than Sally and that was half the appeal, the way that Sarah would lean forward would usually result in her enhancing her bunched cleavage together and when she wore tops with plunging necklines the sight would capture Sally's imagination for days afterwards. She would regularly find herself dashing inside to diddle her clit after their chats. Sally knew she never stood a chance with Sarah who made no secret of being 100% heterosexual and doting mother but her fantasies in her own head had conjured up all manner of unspeakable things she could do with the brunette beauty.

Sally sat on the sofa with Sarah's head leant on her collar bone with her arm wrapped around her neighbour. The tears were still coming and had begun to seep into her top -- not that she minded -- she was enjoying smelling the brunette's heady perfume and sweet scented shampoo. Enjoying was the wrong word. Seeing Sarah so deeply upset troubled Sally tremendously but she had to be strong for Sarah, she needed some/any kind of support right now and so Sally tried comforting her as best she could. Sally was troubled as she so wanted to give Sarah some words of comfort but 'It'll be alright' didn't fit the moment and Sally suspected it would be better for Sarah in the long run if she finally kicked Jonny into touch but then there were their kids to consider -- what was best for them.

"I now you're sad but how many times will you take him back and how many times will you prolong the pain. You're a good woman, a strong woman, you can survive and thrive without him. It's not going to be easy but I'll be there to look after you any time you need it" Sally stated. Her words were either going to upset Sarah further or galvanise her into action and Sally prayed it would be the latter. While she was speaking Sarah had stopped her crying but now the tears started all over again. 'Oh god, what have I done' thought Sally, 'I can't take my words back now.'

After a short while Sarah stopped crying again and wiped her eyes, making them an even deeper shade of red than before. Through sniffs Sally could just make out "I know, all that you've said is true but I just feel so desperate about the future. I'm just glad the kids are at my Mum's and they were saved having to see this." This actually shocked Sally, she had assumed that Sarah was lining herself up for the floor mat routine all over again. "I'm so glad I have you to talk to. I feel like I can tell you anything."

Sally just continued to hold Sarah close, it seemed the most fitting thing to do as she gripped her shoulder and said "Any and all the time I will always be there -- whatever time of the day. I will never let you down, if you need a cuddle I'll be there, if you just need to talk something through, I will be there, if you need someone to go somewhere with you, I hope I'll be the first and last person you think off. What you don't need is a man messing things up."

The sides of Sarah's mouth started to curl up as she felt the weight being lifted as she replied "You're right. Apart from THAT I can get all I need from you."

"THAT?" question Sally.

Sarah's brow furrowed as she replied "You know, THAT" making various phallic gestures.

Sally shook her head as she replied "I've managed perfectly well without THAT for ten years now. You'd be surprised the advances made in toy design, for starters they certainly never cheat on you with any passing skirt. They don't shout at you just because food is five minutes late being served..." that one made Sarah wince, Sally had obviously overheard her husband moaning about that subject on more than one occasion -- well quite frequently "... and what's more women and our toys don't roll over and go to sleep once they have had their jollies -- they cuddle, gently caress and hold you while talking into the wee hours." This latter comment made Sarah snigger. Sally was reminded how cute the brunette was when she wrinkled her nose up and smiled.

"You would say that. You made your transition look easy" deflected Sarah.

Sally changed her tone dramatically, saying "I had to change for my mental health's sake; I wouldn't be here now if I hadn't. I'm not saying it was easy but I proved it can be done and what's more you will have me either by your side or if you prefer one step behind you to catch you if you fall." Sally kissed the top of Sarah's head as she added "I promise not to let anything bad happen to you while I have a breath in my body."

Sarah squeezed her neighbour harder as she said, "I believe every word of that and yes it's good to know you are in my corner even if you can't help with THAT area."

Sally retorted with "I said I would be there for you every step of the way and that includes THAT. I'm happy to put my toys at your disposal or my guidance any hour of the day. I firmly believe you will be far better off in the long without that lying cheat troubling your life."

Sarah hadn't really heard the last part of what Sally had said, she was still trying to digest that Sally would help with THAT if needs be. The two sat in silence just holding each other for some time, neither feeling the need to say or do anything other than be there with and for the other. Sally assumed Sarah was just enjoying the moment, in actual fact Sarah was still working Sally's last statement over and over in her head. Sally had made no secret of her sexual leanings but had not forced the issue either meaning Sarah had accepted that at face value just like she would if Sally announced she were a smoker or a cat owner or tiger trainer -- but now things were different -- the things Sally had said over the years now seemed to have a different meaning.

Sarah had absolutely zero interest in women sexually, she always got what she needed in that department from one man or another but where had that got her -- it had got here to this point, broken hearted and alone, well almost alone. She had her best friend and soulmate right beside her; someone she knew she could rely on, someone that wouldn't hurt her just because the wind had changed direction. The longer she dwelt on it the more Sarah came to realise that what Sally had said about not needing her husband seeped further into her brain. For the first time in forever Sarah realised that being on her own was preferable to the mental and physical abuse she had been subjected to over the years.

Sally sat still. This was all she needed; she was holding her friend, drawing her intoxicating scent into her nose and letting it filter up to her brain and down to her heart. She would move mountains for this woman and thankfully, having studied mixed martial arts a few years back, if Jonny came throwing his weight around, he would find himself flat on his back. Sarah's sobbing and subsequent clinging gave Sally a strange feeling of needing to protect Sarah like some delicate bird. If ever Sally was allowed to show her true feelings towards her neighbour Sarah would want for nothing ever again but she couldn't let that particular genie out of the bottle, certainly not now and she still doubted ever. 'Still, treasure what I can give her for the moment' Sally concluded in her head.

Sarah tilted her head up and her dark brown eyes fixed on Sally who looked down in response as the brunette said "I really can't thank you enough. I don't know what I'd have done without you and hope you don't mind just staying like this."

Sally replied with complete sincerity "I'll stay just like this for as long as you need. I'm always here for you."

Sarah's heart melted at the sentiment and kept Sally at her word as they sat not saying anything. Occasionally Sally would rub Sarah's shoulder her hand was resting on or sometimes she would lean down and kiss the top of Sarah's head but the crucial thing was Sarah broke the silence. "I'm keeping you from Scott, you should go and look after your son. I'll be alright now."

Sally picked up her phone and made a quick call "Hi Sis, can I ask a favour? Would you mind picking Scott up and having him stay at yours? I'll explain why later... " There was a short pause while the other person was speaking and then Sally concluded the call saying "... you're a star." She then turned to Sarah and said, "Problem solved, if you need me here all night, I have one sole focus and it's your wellbeing."

Sarah hugged Sally tighter -- if it were possible -- as she said "Thank you, I think that is probably best. I suspect Tommy will be back once he has had a skin full of beer and I'm afraid what he'll do."

Sally finally let Sarah go, judging by Sarah's reaction she would have preferred her neighbour not to move. Sally stood up and went and locked the front and back door. For good measure she took a couple of dining chairs and propped them against the door handle so that it would take a herculean effort to get past them and she doubted Jonny would have the brains to defeat them after too many beers. "There, we are safe and snug. No one is going to disturb us. Now where was I?" and reached around Sarah's shoulder who snuggled down back into the cuddle with a contented expression.

Sarah held tightly to Sally as she mused "Don't get me wrong I run around after the kids, I'm their Mum, but I make sure they are grateful for what they have, but this is all I actually needed most of the time. Someone to hold me, someone I can talk to and will actually listen to what I say and someone that treats me as an equal rather than a servant. I have an inkling of why you turned your back on men."

Sally stayed quite while she composed her words "I don't say this lightly but Jonny is toxic for you especially but the kids as well. The life lessons they will learn from him will be about bigotry and conceit."

Sarah nodded and replied, "I can see that now."

Sally huffed dismissively "Yes but will you be saying that in the morning, and the day after and next week. I'm worried he'll be all apologetic; you'll accept him back and then he goes and hurts you or breaks your heart again. Don't get me wrong I'll always be there as a crutch to lean on but some things you have to do yourself. I'm not saying it'll be easy; in fact, it'll be messy and you'll feel like shit but in the long run a small sacrifice will pay big dividends."

Sarah looked up gazing into Sally's eyes and asked, "But you'll be there for me to help me through the shitty stuff?"

Sally intensified her grip on Sarah's shoulder and sad "Absolutely. I might not be able to help with THAT -- well it's a different type of THAT -- but the emotional stuff you can count me in, I'll be there for the long run."

Sarah's brow furrowed as she asked, "How is THAT different?"

Just then there was the sound of keys in the door lock and the handle being tried prompting Sally to put her finger to her lips to keep Sarah quiet in response to the brunette jumping and holding on tighter to Sally. The chair had been ledged at an angle that didn't allow for the handle to be pushed down and therefore disengage the lock. There followed the sound of different keys being tried only to encounter the same result as Jonny grumbled "Bitch" as he stomped off and the quiet returned.

Sally left it a good ten minutes before whispering "We'll get those locks changed tomorrow and start coming up with a plan to move forwards, visitation rights and such -- If that's what you really want. Can your parents look after the kids for another couple of days?"

Sarah simply nodded and Sally left her to her thoughts but was surprised when Sarah pulled back and sat upright asking "You never did answer me earlier. How is THAT different with a woman than a man?"

"Really, you want a conversation about that now?" asked Sally.

"Yes, why not now?" Sarah asked in reply.

"You mean why not on the day your husband has walked out..." Sally started to say.

Sarah interrupted her "Thrown out."

Sally cast a wry smile "Ok, on the day you throw your lying cheating husband out and your marriage is hanging over the precipice of break up?"

Sarah seemed to bristle slightly as she replied "Yes, that's the one." Her expression softened slightly as she nestled into their cuddle once more "If I'm about to start a new chapter in my life I'm curious how you managed to take quite a leap of faith although I must state that although I consider you very brave, you've emerged not only intact but prospering."

"It wasn't easy, let me tell you" Sally stated.

"Had you tried THAT with a woman before?" Sarah suddenly seemed alive after her earlier deflated self.

"Can we please call it sex or lesbian sex or penetration rather than THAT? We both know what we are talking about" Sally said.

"Ok" was Sarah's one word answer.

"Yes, I had tried it once with a woman but that was all it took to decide I preferred that to the status quo of carrying on as I was. When two women have sex its about mutual enjoyment, my experience of 'straight' sex was very much one sided and it wasn't towards the female. With a lesbian it's more intense for starters; we don't have this big dick to wave around -- although I do have a number of strap-on dildo's I can wave about if needs be -- we use other tools like fingers, tongues, lips and toys. Yes, I know men have those too but they don't know how to use them properly -- I'm a firm believer in no-one knows a woman's body better than another woman. When it's two women, it's not a case of wham bam and roll over to sleep, it can last all night if it has too. It can be tender, it can be fierce, it can be a quick roll or an intense workout. It can be in any room and I have to say anywhere -- public or private -- without drawing too much interest from others but above all harmonious." Sally then went quiet.

Sarah was thoughtful for a while and Sally was content to leave her to her thoughts but then suddenly she pulled away and stood up saying "I'm still attractive right?"

The question caught Sally off guard who took a moment to reply "Yes, of course you are." Inside she was actually thinking 'You're more than attractive -- inside more than outside -- and I would happily jump your bones at the drop of your hat.'

Sarah pulled a strange expression as she said, "That seems a very non-committal answer." Sally really was surprised when her brunette neighbour tugged her top up and over her head revealing her well filled bra beneath. Sally's pussy gave an automatic pulse on seeing a sight she thought she would never see. Sarah then asked "Now lets try this again. As a woman who is attracted to other women am I still attractive? Am I still hot?"

Sally was sat stunned, her eyes out on metaphorical stalks. She had admired Sarah's impressive chest many times in the past and it had been the focus of her masturbatory fantasy more times than she cared to count but stood mere feet from her was almost a temptation too far. Eventually Sally did rouse round and replied, "I know the Sarah on the inside and know all too well how warm, caring and giving you are and so a little biased but yes, as a woman who likes other women's bodies, I think you look very hot."

Sarah's smile would have melted the biggest iceberg. Her entire face seemed to shine as a result but then did something that truly shocked Sally. Sarah reached behind her back and unclasped her bra, then she pushed down on the hem of her skirt and then placed her hands on her hips and asked, "What about now?"

Sally was at with her mouth agape. Involuntarily she whispered "Amazing. Delicious even."

Sarah had a twinkle in her eye and asked, "Good enough to eat?"

Sally was still sat there and gasped "Absolutely." Suddenly she woke up and shook her head to clear it stating "What do you think you are doing? Put your clothes back on."

Sarah playfully pouted her bottom lip out saying "Awww, I want to feel attractive again."

Sally looked quite stern as she "I can't believe we're really having this conversation, today or all days. Yes, you are very attractive - amazingly sexy in fact - now please put your clothes on so I can cuddle you some more. I think that would be for the best." She couldn't believe she was saying the words but today was not the day to express her true feelings.

Sarah stalked forward, making no move to pick up her clothes. She stood in front of her blonde neighbour and seductively said "I've seen you looking, won't you even try a little bit to show me what women can do together?"

Sarah was stood in such a way that by looking straight ahead, Sally's face was at perfect eye level with Sarah's full round booobs and so she looked up to Sarah's cast down face "Yes, I will freely admit I find you very attractive, ever since the first time I clapped eyes on you and seeing you virtually naked like this is a dream of mine that I have considered many, many times. I would however prefer that we had this conversation when your mind isn't in such turmoil. If anything were to happen, I would prefer it happened when you had a clear head and then my conscious would be similarly clear."