All Comments on 'Never Her'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 159 Comments (Page 2)
PowersworderPowersworderover 1 year ago

This was a really good story, with an important message about setting boundaries.

There's nothing wrong with cutting toxic people out of your life, and a wife/girlfriend should be supportive of that. I would never tolerate all the badgering that most of these husband's put up with, and it was nice to see that Mac didn't either.

OmniferisOmniferisover 1 year ago

The story needs to be longer

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

I don't see how people see this as incomplete. He made it clear that it was him or Ithaca, she chose him.

mattenwmattenwover 1 year ago

A pleasant story, easy to read and clear and unequivocal in the messages. Good work!

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 1 year ago

“I sighed. "I don't hate her. I don't have enough time or energy to hate her. I just want nothing to do with her. Do you not understand that?"”

I don’t think so…

Hatred and disgust are forms of sadness that are attached to external things. So, he is in denial about his feelings but he isn’t in denial about how it polluted his feelings for his wife.. associating with a hated thing means that the loved thing is also now associated with the hated thing in the husband’s mind. That leads to ambivalence. I am glad that Celia was able to tease out that his hatred for Ithaca was toxic in a way that could be dealt with by simply not being around her. And she chose who husband’s needs over her friend’s needs. And that is what people do sometimes…

Highway69_50Highway69_50over 1 year ago

Great story from one of the best writers. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow, I thought she must have done something truly abominable to get this kind of hatred (and it is hatred, no matter how much Mac tries to deny it). Turns out she just offered the guy a threesome! And not the bad kind, even! What a whack job of a man.

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 1 year ago

Reconsidered. Changed my score to a 5*.

It is an interesting struggle with lots at risk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really enjoyed it, and I'm not much of a "flash story" reader, as I prefer a little more meat on the bones type of story. But, at least no one died, no ninjas were used, nor the CIA, FBI, or any of those alphabet agencies. It was just a good clean look at life in general. I did like the "dildo of consequences" reference, as that was new. ;-) He gave Celia a choice, him or Ithaca. She chose wisely, and only after 3 days of being apart too. Smart girl. :-)

I gave it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was EXACTLY what you said it would be, and it was done very well to boot !

Of course it's a 5...

I'm getting the bug to see if I can write here, and I can only hope that if I do, some day I'll get an invitation for one of your special events !

EastCoaster

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

I feel exactly the same way about people who have friends of mine wrong, they are no friend of mine either!

Thanks for writing

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

"Severe weather erupted in my living room. Lightning flashed from her eyes and thunder rolled from her lips." lol nice word play that gave me a chuckle

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Something different here from Randi. Only 2 pages. Another new thing is "Sagacious Insights" instead of the usual crew (HDK, SB, Cagiva, Stev, H57). Unless "SI" is shorthand for all of them. Anyway, what's not different is me, QuickMagazine, giving this the usual 5 that is routine for BR58. While tickled that Randi found the MMC in FTC's Ryan Gosling story to be "a fire dumpster husband...very unattractive." Mac here sure isn't over the top (as Celia comes to realize), but I don't think the FTC guy was, either. As I noted in my comments on the Gosling, those remarks the FTC MFC made are both "unkind" and "destabilizing." Just saying...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Geez Girl, you write one helluva story. Mac's willing to give up his love due to her continued association with his ex. He drew the line in the sand, then let her decide if she wanted him or his ex. Great tale, that's why I and so many,many more love you and your stories. LP

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

disagree its short/long as it needs to be. the story was told, theres no un-answered questions. i liked it, it helped that the same happened with one of his friends and he dropped them for her. but its a bit different being friends with ur partner's ex and the way they became an ex. that shouldnt have happened but from the convo it appears she didnt know the story almost sounded like the wife didnt even know ithica was even an ex. never met a female that wants her hubby ex hanging around

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Took off one star for the mango margarita. Grump, grump, grump.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Better ending than I was expecting. Very good, as usual, story.

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

Wow, Rand is back with a great story I can't find anything to nitpick - never mind complain - about. Thank you! I must say, I was actually expecting the wife to choose her friend based on past behavior, so was super pleasantly surprised by the ending.

@squatty2 - there are millions of people who lie, cheat, steal and rape. Doesn't make any of those OK. There are millions of people who fuck themselves up with drugs, alcohol, or overeating. Doesn't make any of their behavior healthy or worthy of sheep-like imitation. Being civil to someone who betrayed you is one of those things, unhealthy on personal level AND immoral on social. Imagine how much less cheating would there be if a cheater forever was ostracized by everyone - especially those close to them.

Rvav8rRvav8rover 1 year ago

Superb dialog as always. You get better with each posting. I greatly appreciate you!

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

It took her pretty long to understand the bottom line. She made the right/wrong choice but it really took inordinately long. Good, that she stuck to it.

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

Short, sweet, and to the point. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

I liked it, Celia was slow learner, but she got there in the end.

4/5

tralan69ertralan69erover 1 year ago

@sbrooks103x

When she jumped out of bed, she was a "naked little sprite," when she was back kin bed, she pulled off her camisole? Did she out it on when she got the books? -

Obviously, she must have. And there was only one book!

\

"I am not and never was good with her doing that." - Then how can she be friends with her? - They met before she knew who she was.

\

I'd have no SERIOUS problem with her being friends with Ithaca, as long as she kept her away from me. - Yes that is what he said.

\

If Ithaca was truly sorry, she'd respect his wishes and not use Celia to get close to him. - Your opinion, but also Celia wanted to keep her as a friend.

\

"I've told you I hate Eric. You stopped inviting him for barbecues." - Yes, he respects HER wishes. - Or was it because Eric was paying too much attention to Celia.

AmbisinisterAmbisinisterover 1 year ago

"The dildo of consequences rarely comes lubed". Absolutely priceless! I laughed like a hyena for 5 minutes!

Good short story. Not your best, but I still enjoyed it.

Ray314Ray314over 1 year ago

Roger is a friend of mine too. Liked the story. Lots of good retorts that people should use. Descriptions of sex were good too.

Looking forward to your next story.

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

Not sure why this is rated low. Faved it because I like it when people, especially couples, put each other first. And it was sweet, in the end.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

I'm really glad blackrandi1958 created the tag "friends with the ex." It's such a great theme for some of these stories. I hope more authors will pick up the use of that tag.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

I liked it but thought it was oddly entertaining

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Awesome as always.

Nicely done

maninconnmaninconnover 1 year ago
Ooooo….

What a gem you’ve written! Very vivid emotions, and a very believable take in every way. Randi is also a gem, the gem of this category. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice one.

Calm, reasonable and determined.

At last a man sticking to his guns and not being manipulated.

Thank u

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nicely done.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 1 year ago

Well done! Laid out all that needed to be said and why. Well worth reading and I was entertained and intrigued so I would give 5 plus if I could. Since I can’t give it plus I put it in my favorites. I am likely to read again from my favorites when I am at a slow read on this site and between books.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

newfield1981newfield1981over 1 year ago

Gave you 5 stars because of the fine writing you're known for. But I have to say this was not to your standard. First you over sold the whole "she did something so evil to him"

She tried to give him a 'three some' with another girl...Evil! And then I'm to believe both of the great loves of his life are hot bisexual women! Ok what's in the water in that town and please tell me where it is. You're better than this. This is constructive criticism so please don't take it personal.

bigurnbigurnabout 1 year ago

Okay, she finally chose to let common sense and affection overrule her stubbornness... Apparently ! Women in these stories can be bitches though. I would go with the " Trust but Verify " lifestyle if I was the husband .

DrgwngDrgwngabout 1 year ago

How the hell did lit allow a story with a mc that has will power, cannot be manipulated, and firmly speaks his mind get published. .Is that not against the bylaws? Many writers bere ahould take note.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A very will written story, though I can see that wife wanting FFM is evil !

If itbwerr my wife bring home a hot woman for FFM I would see it as a positive.

As long as she had no intentions of running bawdy with the other female and it was just sexy fun.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

"Trust but verify" ("bigun' below) - perfect thought....

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good ending but frustrating story. One explains the problem and someone else keeps pushing the envelope when all it does is create more problems.

The lack of basic decency in the wife is baffling. He should of dumped her the 3rd time she pushed.

usaretusaret11 months ago

Second reading, still feel like this tale has an unsatisfied ending to it, therefore rating the same.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Five stars all the way

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Thankyou for this storey. I loved the unusual storeyline and the characters - I read it twice!

I really appreciate the work you guys put in to write these storeys, and the fact that you get nothing in return other than the feedback. Thankyou!

SignedBTWSignedBTW8 months ago

Finally

Someone got it right and of course it would be Randi. No nonsense, no beating around the bush about why someone who hurt the one they supposedly loved should not be allowed to be included in the family even as a friend. There must be thousands on Lit and other sites where one spouse or the other is somehow forced into accepting the scenarios that Celia insisted on pressuring Mac into knowing the circumstances that caused him to feel the way that he did. He made it clear that allowing Ithaca into their lives was a deal breaker and showed his resolve. No whining or endless conversations and arguments, just this is it, her or me. Just think, there was no puking, no getting drunk for weeks or anything else stupid, just be here when I get back or be gone. Thank you for the effort and showing that what many would turn into a novel you handled in two pages. Absolutely *****'s Signed: BTW

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

I agree with BTW. Randi got this one exactly right.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

"The dildo of consequences rarely comes lubed...". A truly amazing line. Lol. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Responding to the comments above, I expect Randi to get it right. That's what she does. You can like or hate her, like or hate her characters, but there is no denying her talent. She has been the single best thing to happen to Literotica since I've been reading here. I am well aware that she puts up with absolutely no bullshit, having been on the receiving end of her telling me to "suck her dick," haha, Still, I will never not read anything she writes. An easy five for this one. RLK.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Very good , thank you randi for publishing this

Tootight1Tootight17 months ago

The last line sealed the deal.

Helen1899Helen18996 months ago

He was right of course, but did i miss it, what did the ex wife actually do? If it was to try and get him in bed for FMF. Three with her bi lover, that doesn't make her evil

juanviejojuanviejo5 months ago

RANDI'S ONE OF MY FAVORITES......ALWAYS CINCO ESTRELLAS!

RePhilRePhil4 months ago

Dam you can write a deadman back to life!!! Married 45 yrs had the same problem with one of her friends that cheated on her husband all the time. We hated each other. She can to crash at our place and the wife couldn’t ask her best friend to leave. UNTIL I started complimenting the bitch about her looks her wardrobe and her availability as a single person in front of the wife. Also rumpled up her guest room bed just a little a couple times just before the wife got home. Took 3 days till the wife through her out and haven’t seen or heard one iota about the bitch. Women eh!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Pretty damn fine story. Give stars from me.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Simple. Priorities count.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

In my comment two months ago, Give stars should have been Five stars.

JPB NOT BOB

ninjanoodlesninjanoodlesabout 2 months ago

“The dildo of consequence rarely comes lubed.” … is that original? I suppose i could just google it but I’d like to know to whom it should be attributed when i spout it off with reckless abandon. It’s wonderfully poetic.

Catcher78Catcher78about 1 month ago

I swear to God I love you for writing this story. Virtual smooch on your cheek!!!

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker30 days ago

👍👍💯💯☮️🙋🍕🍺😁🌹👍🤷

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Why average

He broke up with friend/acquaintance after she complained But knew he was slimeball.

Don't have slime for friends period have more self respect

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...