New Beginnings

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They said "quit."

Cole nodded his head "good. If you're staying you have two weeks to ask any questions. The girls from the other house will be coming over to train you in the arts of this work and to tell you how to take care of yourselves. We have security so if you ever have a problem with a client, scream. If you have bad experiences you can talk to me or Zoe or the psychologist who visits. Everything here is common sense. Remember the 3 rules and you'll be ok."

They ended up getting 5 girls to start. All of them got along really well but they were all nervous. Because there were 8 bedrooms Jayne, Emma and Jess joined them for the opening day.

Zoe was looking after them and making sure they were properly dressed. She had gone through the process of presenting themselves and making the men part with their money. They had all the knowledge but no practice.

The opening day started slowly. A few prospective clients turned up to see what it was about. They were blown away by the house and the girls looked fantastic. A couple of them went inside with the girls and when they came out they were on their phones calling their business associates and team mates.

By lunch time there were Ferraris, Bentleys, Porsches, and Lamborghinis all over the large drive way. You name it; it was parked at the house. There must have been 150 men and not just a few faces they recognised. Jayne, Emma and Jess started the day by doubling with a girl to be sure they were safe but by mid-day they had all got their confidence and all eight were making a very good impression. Because it was the opening day it was a free promotion but Cole covered the girls' base rate. On average each girl had earned £1,650 in tips and extras.

The bookings came in as they had at the other house after the opening day and the diary was full. Cole asked to girls if they had any suitable acquaintances who might be interested in joining.

After 6 weeks every bedroom had a girl in it, and all the rooms at Castillo were full too. The employees from both houses were earning the business a minimum of £46,000 every week that was £200k a month, and that didn't include extras. Because extras were never a known quantity they varied but it was roughly another £16,000 a week. They were clearing £3million a year. In overtime plus extras the 14 girls earned themselves a whopping £100,000 every week.

After 6 more months the partners at Castillo started to think about retiring from active duty and chilling out. Jayne, Hayley and Sian just wanted their lives with their men. They could recruit 3 more girls and let Vicky run the business. She was keeping the girls in order, firing and hiring as needed. She was still celibate while running a brothel. It was like a former alcoholic running a bar or an ex heroin addict smack, refusing it himself, but she stuck with it.

3 more months past and Jayne left the house. She stayed in the partnership but her days of wild sex and prostitution were over. She was a one man woman. After she had seen the downfall of Vicky she worried it might happen to her and James. Hayley and Sian were of the same mind-set. They all still loved sex but they didn't love the job anymore so following their own law it was time to get out.

They regularly met up on Saturday nights to talk about the business and have a catch up and none of them missed it. They had taken it to the max, enjoyed it while it lasted but now it was time to sit back and let others do the work. They were one man women now.

They all made plenty of money in just a couple of years to buy decent houses and cars and have enough left over as a nice nest egg. They had the money from the houses keeping them going and the girls in the houses were very happy for the most part. Jess left after 18 months saying it had been a great experience but she had saved hard and had enough to buy a house and a nice car so she was done. Vicky took in another girl to replace her and so it went.

Chapter 13, Sorrow.

In November, almost 2 years after Nuevos was built Zoe became ill. Cole took her to the hospital and they ran tests. They found she had cancer throughout. Cole was devastated. The whole gang and the girls at Nuevos we're devastated. This nearly 22 year old girl was about to be taken away from them. Cole obviously blamed himself for the things she had done during their time together but it wasn't his fault. Life is just cruel that way.

The whole gang temporarily moved into the playroom upstairs in Nuevos so they could be with her. Emma was put in charge at Castillo so that Vicky could be with Zoe too. Zoe was fine for about two months and the whole team had mad adventures like going up to Zip World and amusement parks. Anything exciting and fun, making special memories before she left.

After 3 months she started to decline in health, and soon she couldn't move from bed. The whole team were there for her. She couldn't go to the bathroom so they would help her to wash and sorted out her bodily functions. Her parents visited regularly and stayed often. They had arranged a big birthday party and invited everyone she knew. It was going to be the best send off for her.

2 days before her 22nd birthday Cole woke up, but Zoe didn't. He cuddled up to her but she didn't move. He screamed and cursed the world.

Cole was inconsolable. They all were. She was such a beautiful young girl with an amazing family and her whole life ahead of her. They had worked hard to earn the money that she and Cole would use to have their adventures, but now it was over before it had properly begun. Cole thought his whole world had ended he just wanted to curl up and die so he could be with her again.

An ambulance came and took her but Cole wanted her to stay. It took Jim, James and Mike to pull him away, and none of them were small guys.

Robert and Danielle had stayed the night before she passed. After Zoe was taken away they found Cole sitting on the stairs of Nuevos he didn't talk he just cried. They were devastated too. They handed him a letter and told him to call them when he felt able to. Then they left to see Zoe in the mortuary. It was hard for them to see him like this. The man who swam in the eyes of their daughter was broken, no, he was shattered, he was in a billion tiny shards. As he sat on the stairs he looked to his left at the picture of him looking lovingly at Zoe and told her he loved her. She didn't reply. He opened the letter and it was hand written by Zoe.

Cole, my titan,

I know this letter won't save you any pain and it may even cause you more, but I wanted to write it so you could always have a part of me with you. In future years when you read it I hope it brings you comfort.

I knew from the first moment I saw you at Castillo that we would be together. You opened my eyes to a world I would never have seen. I enjoyed all of my time at Castillo and none more that the time I spent with you. You sent me to heaven countless times so when you think of me now, think of me there.

You were the only man I ever loved and I could never imagine loving anyone more.

You completed me.

I love you, always.

Zoe.

Vicky came to Cole with tears rolling down her face. She asked if Cole was ok. He shook his head. She sat next to him and put her arm around him. They sat, silent. It went dark and still they sat there. For two and half hours they sat staring out through the front door into the dark garden, Vicky's head on Cole's shoulder. Of all the people in his world Vicky was the only person he wanted with him at that moment.

James and Jayne organised the funeral. Zoe had said she wanted a cremation but before she was taken Cole cut a lock of her hair to keep with him forever.

The funeral was on an overcast day. It was cold but Cole didn't notice. He hadn't spoken a word in the week since losing Zoe. He sat at the front of the church with Zoe's parents and Vicky. Zoe's parents really wanted to speak with Cole but he was in lockdown and no one was getting through to him. The readings went unheeded by him. The songs went unheard by him. He held a little satin bag that Vicky had given him for her hair. It was all he had left of the young girl he fell in love with.

After the service he walked outside and looked at the view over the rolling fields and down to the sea. He wondered if what had happened was real, but then he knew it was. The gang crowded behind him and they all told him they loved him. He just nodded.

It was almost 2 months before Cole spoke, and when he did it was with Vicky. He was sitting in the conservatory at Nuevos looking down at the old oak tree where he had seen his future memory of him playing with his child on a winter day. He told Vicky about the memory and how She had said she couldn't have kids. He told her "as soon as she said it the memory blew away like dust in the wind, but I can see it again. I'm playing with a child. Swinging them about and climbing on the tree.

Vicky cried with him as she spoke "you still have a life to live. You can't live like this. She wouldn't want you to live like this. Live for her."

Cole nodded "I really should live for her."

He looked through all his finances and found he had enough to pay for Nuevos and clear the investment Mr Galvani had put in. There was no more activity at Nuevos it was just a big house now. He was still a partner in Castillo so had a decent income. Vicky handed the manager role to Emma who had been looking after Castillo for the past 5 months. She was more than capable.

Vicky moved into one of the first floor rooms at Nuevos after the funeral so she could be there for Cole. Every day she cooked food for him, put clean clothes out for him and made sure he took care of himself. She cleaned the house and covered furniture in rooms that weren't in use. She spoke to him, cuddled him and stroked his hair. She refused to leave him in case he did something silly.

One day Vicky asked Cole, as she had many times before, if he was going to join her for a walk around the gardens. She did a full circuit every day and every day she would have loved company. This day he took a deep breath and said "yes, some fresh air would be nice"

He brought Zoe's ashes with him in a decorative oak box. They walked out of the door and turned right. They walked until they came to the boundary and turned left. They walked slowly in silence for about 20 minutes until the big oak tree came into view "I look like I'm having fun down there."

Vicky imagined his vision "the kids look like they're having fun too."

Cole looked at Vicky and asked "do you think you will ever have children?"

Vicky winced "we did consider it once, remember?"

Cole smiled for the first time in months "not how I'd want to have kids."

"me either, but yes." She smiled thinking of her own possible future. "I think I'd like a couple."

Cole sighed "I always thought I'd have kids."

Vicky squeezed his arm "you still can. You just need to fully heal first. It takes time. I know. You fixed me and now it's my turn to fix you."

Cole remembered Vicky's ordeal "you're right it does take time. I just wish I wasn't so broken."

Vicky smiled "we are all broken, that's how the light gets in. Zoe said that to me after you saved me."

Cole swallowed hard and sniffed his tears away. His voice cracked as he struggled to speak "wise beyond her years."

Vicky smiled "yes she was. Come here."

Vicky held her arms out to Cole and he walked into them as they closed around him. Vicky whispered into his ear "I'm always here for you. I'm not going anywhere. I have nowhere else to be and nowhere else I'd rather be."

Cole looked at her "I love you, Vicky Green."

Vicky said "actually I never changed my name after we divorced so I'm still Vicky Destiva."

Cole smiled. They walked down to the old oak and looked in awe at its size. The weather was warming and the twigs were starting to bud. They walked around it and Cole realised there was no way kids were going to be able to climb this. Maybe it would hold a tree house though?

He dug a hole with his hands under the old oak he dug for a long time until the hole was deep enough. He placed Zoe in to it and said "You were my strength. You were my love. I will never forget you. I will always love you."

He held Vicky's hand and pulled her down and started to push the soil back in to cover the wooden box. Vicky helped and cried as they filled the hole. They sat next to each other and cried for hours

Chapter 14, Mending.

Every day Vicky and Cole went for a walk around the perimeter of the garden and paid a visit to Zoe under the big oak. Every day Cole felt a tiny bit better. He started to cook for Vicky and made real effort. Vicky appreciated his effort and always enjoyed his food.

Vicky had been shopping for food to cook for dinner. She went up to her room for a shower and to change her clothes. About an hour after getting into the shower there was a knock at her door. She opened it knowing it could only be Cole. He was wearing a suit. She wasn't wearing more than a towel. He turned away and asked "I wondered if you'd be interested in joining me for dinner?"

Vicky chuckled "Cole you don't have to turn away. We were together for nearly 8 years. You've seen everything I have, and anyway I am mostly covered."

Cole turned back and asked again "fancy going out for dinner?"

Vicky smiled "give me 20 minutes?"

Cole went down to the hall and looked at the picture of him and Zoe and said "I love you. I hope she makes me half as happy as you made me."

Vicky came down 20 minutes later wearing the first dress she had worn in two and a half years. She had bought it about a year and a half earlier with every intention of wearing it but never felt comfortable enough to do so. Cole saw her and said "wow! That's a lot more conservative than the clothes you used to wear but it certainly suits you."

Vicky gave a little curtsey "I should have grown up years ago."

Vicky looked at the picture and said "I love you Zoe. I promise I'll look after him this time."

Cole smiled and offered Vicky his arm. She walked down the rest of the stairs took Cole's arm, kissed him, he kissed her back, and they walked out into the night.

At the restaurant they spoke about trivial things. Neither of them wanted to bring her up in public because they knew they wouldn't be able to hold it together. Vicky knew Cole's healing would take time but she was in no rush. She would wait forever for this man. She had loved many men but didn't realise how much this man meant until she lost him. Now she had the chance to win him back and do things right.

As they ate together they saw Robert and Danielle at a table across the room. They were eating and talking but they weren't smiling very much. Cole realised he hadn't smiled much over the course of the evening either, well perhaps a weakly attempted token smile. He asked Vicky to excuse him and he made his way over to them. He was trying hard not to let his emotions get the better of him. He reached the table and the couple looked up "Cole! Son, how are you? Have a seat."

Cole swallowed hard and took a deep breath "I'm really sorry I haven't called." He took another deep breath.

"I didn't know how to function. Every time I wanted to talk my throat closed up and I couldn't. I've been trying hard to figure out how to level myself out but it's been slow. I wanted you to know that I have buried Zoe under the old oak at home and you're both more than welcome to come and visit her anytime at all. You don't need to call you don't need and invite. I'm sure she would love to see you. I also have a room at Nuevos permanently reserved for you so you can stay as and when you wish."

That was the first time he'd said her name since the morning she died. He sat and broke down with her parents watching.

Robert felt his pain "thank you Cole that means a lot. Do you need any help? You must be rattling around that house like a pill in a bottle. It's not good to be alone."

Cole gathered himself "Vicky has moved into one of the rooms and has been getting me back to the real world. Actually would you mind if we joined you?"

Danielle: "Vicky is your ex-wife? Is that a good idea Cole?"

"She is a different woman now. She fell into a very bad place a while ago so she understands where I've been recently. She also understands how hard it was to lose Zoe. They were like sisters" He sobbed "I still love her so much."

Robert put his arm around his shoulder and said "call Vicky over."

Danielle looked over to Vicky to wave her over and Robert asked a waiter to move their meals over for them. Vicky walked over and saw Cole in pieces. Rather than sit she stood at his side and pulled his head to her belly. Vicky cried hard too because the man she loved was suffering so badly.

After a few minutes he settled and Robert ordered him a large bourbon. Cole thanked him and took some more breaths. Danielle turned to Vicky and asked if she was ok. Vicky nodded while biting her top lip and fighting the tears. Zoe's parents told them both that they knew how it felt and could sympathise, but they needed to try to get past the pain and think of the good memories.

As the bourbon landed in Cole's stomach Robert ordered two more and asked Vicky what she was drinking. Vicky said she was off alcohol and would like orange juice. Cole downed another bourbon and started to eat his food again.

Robert asked "have you cracked that YAMAZAKI yet?"

Cole shook his head "no. I was saving it for something special."

Robert smiled "how about a wake? When you're up to it."

Cole looked at Robert and smiled. He fully smiled. Vicky nearly choked on her vegetables at the sight of Cole's mouth with its lips turned up at the corners. Cole said "that's a brilliant idea. We should totally do that. We could have a barbecue and a small party for her friends under the tree. We could call it her birthday party too since she never got to have it."

Robert and Danielle smiled and agreed it was what Zoe would have loved. A weight lifted from Cole's shoulders and he became a little bit more himself again. The four of them sat and were able to talk about things Zoe had done and stories about her life. They enjoyed the night from the word 'wake'. As if the word woke him.

Things at Nuevos got easier over the next two weeks. Rather than walk around the grounds Vicky and Cole started running around. The gang would visit and stay over quite often. Every morning the pair ran and when the group was with them they ran too. At the end of each run they stopped and said good morning to Zoe.

Two weeks after Robert mentioned the wake they had their barbecue and birthday party. The gang all came over with a mountain of food. Robert and Danielle attended and invited some of Zoe's best school friends. They all ate and drank. Zoe's school friends related funny, sad and embarrassing stories of Zoe's life long before Cole. He enjoyed hearing them. He laughed and he cried but it was a healing day. At the end of the day he called the gang together and said he was tapping out of the business. He wanted to sell his share which was actually his and Zoe's share. He was offering them together or separately. None of the gang was interested since they had all the money they needed.

That is apart from Emma who wanted to buy both shares and asked if anyone else wanted out because she would happily buy their share too. Vicky thought about it and said she was out as well. They were out of the prostitution business completely. Cole then announced that Nuevos was too big for just two people. No one quite understood. Jayne asked "are you selling? What about Zoe? She's here."

Cole smiled and said "oh no. We're opening a real guesthouse here. We're going legit. Zoe would love it."

They all loved the idea. They loved that Cole was smiling again. They loved the way Vicky was looking at him.