New Girl in Town Pt. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jessica's dad had arrived back home from his visit with Jake's dad to the site of the accident a few minutes after Staci had come over to see Jessica. Mr. Golden sat them all down and explained to them that Deputy Mason suspected the accident was now a hit and run.

"I really don't like that either, Staci," Jessica agreed. "I mean it explains the whole bright light thing and why it freaked me out so bad but thinking that someone was there then just drove off afterwards just makes me sick to my stomach. They had to see us flipping through the woods didn't they? What kind of person can just drive off after seeing that?"

"I don't know, Jess," Staci answered. "I don't like to think about it either but your dad said that neither he, that deputy guy, Mr. Fishel or Jake's dad could find anything that could have left red paint on the bumper of Jake's car so someone had to have hit you guys."

At the door, Sarah bumped into the frame which caused the girls to look up and spot her.

"What are you doing, Sar-bear?" Jessica asked.

"Mom said that you were supposed to be resting," Sarah said from the doorway.

"I'm resting as well as I can with a nurse like Staci hovering over me," Jessica joked. "She keeps moving my pillows, Sar-bear."

"Staci, stop that," Sarah warned her as she came into the room.

"It's all your big sister will let me do, Sar-bear," Staci said. "You know that she has to let me do something."

Sarah hopped carefully onto Jessica's bed. The jostling made Jessica wince but she hid it from Sarah by adjusting the sling that she had been told to wear. After only having worn it for a little while Jessica understood why Jake didn't like having to wear one.

"Stop fidgeting with it, Jess," Staci scolded her. "I swear you are already worse than Jake and it took him at least a week to get as fidgety as you are after only a few hours."

"Why are you my best friend again?" Jessica shook her head.

"Because you love me, silly," Staci giggled.

Jessica cellphone rang but Staci snatched it up before she could.

"Jessica's phone," Staci answered it. "This is her personal assistant and bestest friend on the planet. Who may I say is calling?"

Staci's smile faded and her face turned serious when she heard the voice on the other end of the line.

"Yes," she said. "Yes, ma'am, she's right here. One second."

Jessica gave her a confused look as she took the phone.

"Hello?" She said.

"So you have your own personal assistant now huh," Jessica Langston asked.

Jessica could almost feel the smile on her recruiters face through the phone. She flushed slightly which made Staci giggle.

"That was my friend Staci," Jessica said. "She thinks that she's funny, Miss Langston."

"It was kind of funny until she called me ma'am . I'm not that old yet," Miss Langston laughed.

"It's a southern thing," Jessica said. "You're gorgeous. All of my friends said so. Well, the ones that saw you in Charlotte said that."

"Oh, stop," Miss Langston said. "Jess, I'm not entirely sure how to tell you this and I don't want to spring this on you..."

"It's okay, Miss Langston," Jessica interrupted. "I understand that UCLA wants to rethink my scholarship offer due to my injury and..."

"Jessica, slow down," Miss Langston said. "It's not that. Not at all. I was going to say that I tried calling you from Dallas but I couldn't get a call to go out for some reason. I'm just glad that I've got service here in Charlotte."

"You're in Charlotte?" Jessica asked. "Welcome to North Carolina! Are you on a recruiting trip?"

She hoped it wasn't Madison that Miss Langston was there to recruit. That would be the cherry on top of her horrible New Year.

"In a way," Miss Langston answered. "I'm here to see you, Jess. Well, I'll be there to see you in... what did you estimate, Ken?"

Jessica heard a man's voice answer Miss Langston.

"He says a couple of hours if his phone is right," she told her. "That's my assistant, Ken. You'll like him. He's sweet."

"You're coming here?" Jessica asked her.

"I... I mean, we are," Miss Langston answered. "My assistant is with me, obviously, right? My friend Ashley is with us too. She's on the medical staff for the team and also my bestie. I would really like for her to look at your wrist injury if that's okay."

"That's... that would be great. I'm so grateful, Miss Langston," Jessica smiled.

"Are you still at the hospital or have they released you?" she asked.

"I'm home now," Jessica answered.

She explained how she was released earlier in the day and how Jake was doing when Miss Langston inquired about him which Jessica appreciated.

"Are you all coming straight here?" Jessica asked.

"I would like to but we might be getting to town a little late for visiting," Miss Langston told her. "How about you talk with your parents and see what they think and I'll call you when we're about an hour away. How's that sound?"

"Sounds like a plan," she agreed. "I'll speak to you then and, Miss Langston, thanks for... well, thanks for caring."

"Of course, sweetie," Miss Langston said. "I have to look out for my number one recruit, right?"

****

The strains of Coming Home by Iron Maiden slowly faded away and Bobby reached over and shut off the small speaker. He leaned back in the slightly uncomfortable chair and placed his feet on the edge of Jake's bed.

"Bobby, don't kick him," Marybeth warned as she shifted his foot over slightly.

"I wasn't close to kicking him," Bobby said. "His leg is elevated so the best I could manage is a slight jostling. He's had worse whenever Sar-bear comes bounding in here."

"She's careful with him," Marybeth said. "Well as careful as she can be. Jessica's kept her in check pretty well."

"She's doing okay by the way, Jake," Bobby said. "We're all taking care of her as much as we can."

"Staci has been watching over her like a mother bear with cubs. I guess all of us kind of have been," Marybeth added as she patted Jake's arm. "We've got her, Jake. You concentrate on getting better and try not to worry about her."

They were quiet for a few moments with only the sounds of Jake's monitors for noise. Bobby looked at Jake's nearly normal face and sighed.

"Do you wonder if he's like dreaming or anything?" He asked her.

"I overheard the doctors saying that it was possible," she answered.

"Dream of us being a big time metal band, Jake," he requested with a laugh.

"He's probably dreaming about him and Jess getting married and living in some amazing house that they designed together over looking this gorgeous beach," Marybeth said.

"Think so?" he asked. "I'd better be your first house guest, Jake."

"Um, Bobby," she said as she gave him a nudge.

"I mean, we had better be your first house guests, Jake," he corrected. "You are not allowed to forget that once you go away to college."

"He wouldn't forget us, Bobby," Marybeth assured him. "You'd never let him."

"That's true," he nodded. "I'll be calling you every day while you're out enjoying the California sun just to remind you where you came from. Keep you from becoming some laid back surfer dude."

"Aw, I think Jake would make a cute surfer," Marybeth said.

"Maybe but he's the one that made me watch the Jaws movies a dozen times or more," he said. "I doubt that I'll ever see him on a surf board."

"Even if Jessica coaxes him onto one?" Marybeth giggled.

"Jessica can probably get him to do just about anything she wanted him to do with just one flash of those baby blue eyes of hers," he agreed. "That's why she gets the most time with you, buddy. We're hoping that she'll be the one that will pull you out of this coma thing."

"After she gets some rest herself," Marybeth added. "We really are trying to take care of her, Jake. Making her leave the hospital today was a feat."

"I'm still not sure how they pulled it off but she's home now," he told him. "We just checked in with her a few minutes ago to let her know that you were doing all right."

"I told her that Bobby's mad that he isn't getting to steal your jello," she smiled.

"When they give you Jello, Jake, it's all mine," he said. "So be prepared for it when it happens."

"Jess will make sure that you get something sweet, Jake," she assured her unconscious friend.

"Giving Jake something sweet, huh?" Staci asked as she walked into Jake's room. "That does sound like a job for Jess but since she's not here..."

Staci leaned over Jake and planted a soft kiss on his cheek then patted his chest.

"Best I can do for now, Jake," she said. "Jess gave me strict instructions on what I am allowed and not allowed to do while you are unconscious."

"And you're going to follow them?" Marybeth asked. "Color me impressed, Staci."

"Well I'll follow them until she can see me then all bets are off," Staci giggled. "It's not as fun if I'm not riling Jess up. How is he doing?"

"Still sleeping the day away," Bobby answered. "Dreaming of being the lead singer of a surfing metal band with a big house overlooking some gorgeous beach."

"He's what?" Staci asked confused.

"Ignore him, Staci," Marybeth said. "How's Jess doing? We just talked to her but you were with her so how is she really?"

"I think she's hiding a lot but she's got a distraction on the way," Staci said then explained that Miss Langston was in town and on her way to Jessica's house.

"Wow, that's really sweet of her to come all this way," Marybeth said.

"It'll be good for Jess to be distracted for a little bit," Bobby said.

"Speaking of distraction," Marybeth said. "How about you play Jake some more music for a little while and we'll all just sit with him."

Bobby nodded and scrolled through his music until he found something he knew Jake liked. He hit play and the three teens settled back to listen to Hammer to Fall by Queen while they watched over their friend.

****

The doorbell rang just a little over two hours later at the Golden's home. Jessica hopped up to answer it but her father was closer and motioned for her to sit back down.

"I'll get it, Jess," He said as he got up. "You need to keep your wrist elevated."

"For at least another half hour," Dr. Golden told her. "See how your fingers look swollen?"

Jessica frowned but acquiesced to her parent's demands. Staci had helped her pick out an outfit and more importantly helped her put it on before she had left. Jessica had been in pajamas since she had gotten home from the hospital but she had felt that wasn't a great look for when Miss Langston and her people arrived so she enlisted a not so agreeable Staci to help her.

"Jess, they won't care if you're in your pjs," Staci had argued but Jessica insisted and soon she was dressed then said bye to Staci who was headed to check on Jake.

"Don't worry, Jess, I'll give him a kiss from you while I'm there," She had teased her as she went out the door.

Jessica had texted her that she had better not make out with her unconscious boyfriend and had gotten the emoji with the tongue stuck out in reply.

"They don't look that bad," Jessica argued as she wiggled her fingers.

"Jess," Her mother said in that tone that acted as a warning.

Jessica nodded and propped her arm back up on the pillows as she heard her father open the front door.

"Hello, Mr. Golden," Jessica Langston greeted him. "We're sorry that we're here so late."

"Think nothing of it, Miss Langston," Mr. Golden assured her. "We were surprised when Jess told us that you were coming to see her. We can't thank you enough for taking such an interest in Jessica's health. Please come in."

The trio entered and were escorted to the living room where Miss Langston made introductions. She then stepped over and gave Jessica a hug.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"I'm okay," Jessica answered. "I mean I'm still sore but they've told me that's normal."

"I've been in a car wreck myself and sore is very normal," Ashley said as she took a seat. "Do you mind if I take a look at your hand and cast?"

"Of course," Jessica answered and started to move her arm but Ashley stopped her and told her that she was fine where she was.

The normally shy Sarah was enthralled with the visitors and asked Miss Langston's assistant questions about California, the flight, Miss Langston, Ashley and everything else her curious mind could come up with.

"Sarah, maybe you shouldn't ask so many questions at once," Dr. Golden said. "They have had a long day already."

"It's fine, Dr. Golden," Ken assured her. "Let's try to do the questions one at a time though, Miss Sarah. That way you'll get all of them answered."

Sarah nodded then launched another volley of questions at him which had his companions laughing.

"Sarah, don't be a handful," Jessica told her sister then smiled at Miss Langston's assistant. "She had a long nap with me once I got home so she's a bundle of energy now."

"A long nap, huh?" Ken asked Sarah. "Man, I sure could use one of those after our long plane ride."

"You could use my room," Sarah told him. "I'll probably sleep with my sister so she's safe, so my bed will be free."

"She is adorable," Ashley commented as she carefully stretched Jessica's fingers out. "Any pain there?"

"It feels stiff is all," Jessica answered. "Is that bad?"

Ashley smiled as she shook her head of blonde hair. She looked over the cast while Ken told Sarah that he appreciated her offer but they had a hotel room. He then proceeded to answer each of her questions.

"May I offer you all something to drink or eat?" Dr. Golden asked then looked at Ken. "You especially since you're answering all my inquisitve little girl's questions."

"We don't want to be a bother, Dr. Golden," Miss Langston said. "We just wanted to stop in on the way to our hotel and see how Jessica is doing."

"Would it be possible for me to get a look at her x-rays?" Ashley asked then looked up at Jessica. "Sorry, I mean your x-rays. I get a little too focused on my job sometimes."

"That's okay," Jessica answered then looked confused. "Do I call you doctor or..."

"Ashley is fine," she said then whispered. "Ignore Ken if he tries to get you to call me Doc Boobs. He thinks he's funny."

The last part she said loudly and directed it at Ken but he appeared not to hear her but then he glanced her way and winked. Ashley gave him a playful glare before Dr. Golden spoke.

"We're scheduled to see Jessica's orthopedic doctor at ten in the morning," she told them. "You could take a look at them then. Would that work for you all?"

"Of course," Miss Langston answered for Ashely. "Would you like us to meet you there?"

"We'll be there a bit early," Mr. Golden stated. "We want to check in on Jessica's boyfriend before her appointment."

"Would it be all right if we checked in on him too?" Miss Langston asked. "I know how important he is to Jessica so I would like to see how he is doing."

Jessica quickly agreed and gave her Jake's room number. With that, goodbyes were said and the trio headed to their rental car.

****

"Ken made a new friend," Ashley teased as Ken started the white Jeep they had rented. "I guess that you do have a thing for blondes huh?"

"Here this goes again," Ken sighed then looked over at Jessica who tried her best not to giggle. "Can you do something about your colleague, Boss lady?"

Jessica nodded and turned to Ashely who was in the back seat.

"Ash," She stated sternly. "He totally does seem to have a thing for blondes, right? Sarah is totally adorable! Maybe it's adorable blondes that he's got a thing for."

"You may be onto to something, Jess," Ashley smiled. "We are pretty adorable."

"When I said do something, I didn't mean encourage her, Jess," Ken sighed.

"Encouraging me is what Jess does best, Ken," Ashley said. "Well maybe like the second best thing right, Jess?"

Jessica's cheeks flushed pink but in the dark car interior no one could see it but she gave away her embarrassment when she shouted her friend's name loudly. Ashley broke into a fit of laughter while Ken shook his head.

"I should have brought Kristin instead," Jessica muttered.

"Nah, you love me way more," Ashley stated. "And Ken likes blondes better so I won't mind sharing the one king sized bed that he booked at the hotel for us."

"I booked two rooms, Ashley," he told her.

"Uh huh, sure you did, Ken," she said then nudged Jessica. "I bet when we get to the hotel there will be some kind of mix up and, oh my, we only have one room available. Then you'll be all like, well I guess we'll have to share. Next thing Jess and I know you'll be coming out the shower all naked and climbing in bed with us!"

"You should not have let her read erotica on the flight here," Ken told Jessica.

"You don't think that I should borrow whatever she reads?" Jessica asked. "Might give me some ideas, Ken."

"Oh it might, huh?" he asked.

"You know I would tell you two to get a room but I'm afraid that's exactly what you've done already," Ashley commented.

"You're just afraid that we'll leave you out, Ash," Jessica teased. "We would never do such a thing. You're welcome in our bed anytime."

Ashley raised her eyebrows then looked from Ken to Jessica and back.

"You're messing with me," she stated. "Right?"

"I guess that you'll just have find that out for yourself," Jessica smiled wickedly.

"Jess, you are so bad! Oh my God!" Ashley remarked then she slapped Ken's shoulder. "And you are bad influence."

"Ow! I'm just driving the car," he chuckled. "You're the one that's been teasing her ever since we left California. I think that your best friend is getting a little payback."

"Are you?" Ashley asked. "You naughty bitch! I hope that there is only one bed when we get there and we'll see if you'll put your booty where your mouth is."

****

Jessica was back in her pajamas and in her room with her arm propped up again. She checked her cell phone and as she read Staci's text on Jake she heard a noise in the nearby bathroom. Jessica got up and made her way to the bathroom where she found Sarah had pushed her step stool up to the sink. She had the water running when Jessica stepped in.

"What are you up to, Sar-bear?" Jessica asked.

"Washing my face," Sarah answered.

"All on your own?" Jessica said as she moved to her sister's side.

"Yes," Sarah nodded. "You're hurt and can't help me so I have to do it on my own."

Jessica turned Sarah toward her and gave her a hug. She pulled back and brushed her hair from her eyes.

"Baby, I am so proud of you for taking care of yourself," she said. "But this cast on my arm will not stop me from being able to help you."

"But you're hurt and Jake's hurt and..." Sarah started to sniffle.

"Jake is going to get better, baby," she assured her. "I am going to get better too. It's just going to take some time but that won't stop either of us from helping you whenever you need some."

"No matter what?" Sarah asked.

"You are my baby sister," she answered. "No matter what. Now let's check the water temperature then a quick splash and..."

"I hate putting my head underwater," Sarah complained.

"It's not your whole head, silly," Jessica giggled.

"Feels like it," Sarah sighed. "Do you think that Miss Langston and Ken are boyfriend and girlfriend? He looked at her a lot like Jake looked at you way back."

"Oh way back huh," Jessica smiled. "I noticed that as well but I don't know if they are or aren't and it isn't our business one way or the other. What is our business is for you to stop trying to stall and finish up washing your face so lets get on with it."

Sarah grumbled, checked the water temperature again to which Jess cleared her throat to indicate that she should get on with it. She cupped her hands under the water then closed her eyes and splashed her face with the water. Sarah spurted as Jessica grabbed a nearby towel and laughed.