Nickles and Dimes Ch. 11

Story Info
Steve continues along the path to atonement.
6.8k words
4.67
1.9k
00

Part 11 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 03/30/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nickles & Dimes

Atonement (More Progress)

Eleventh in the Nickles & Dimes Series

Author's note: It's always a good idea to start with Chapter 1 to have the best understanding of the plot.

"Clunk!"

Rick dropped the box on the table in front of her. Ilysa jerked away from the cardboard box in surprise tipping her chair back precariously . "What in heaven's name is in there?"

"Among other things," Rick responded, "there are two one kilo gold bars. That's about five pounds of gold. Each bar is worth a little over fifty grand."

"What," she exclaimed. "Did one of your trips pay you in gold? And why so much?" She looked at him accusingly. Her demeanor took on a that of a schoolmarm. "Or have you been freelancing for Truckers' Annuity?"

"Jeez," Rick responded, offended. "What are you talking about? This is from the guy with the safe in the floor. You had us go there a week ago. We just got back."

Indeed, Rick and Sandy had just returned from their latest venture during which they had relieved a stately home of both cash and gold. Sandy had headed for his home in Des Moines while Rick had come back to Ft. Dodge. His first stop was at Ilysa's apartment where he dropped the proceeds which she would invest for Truckers' Annuity to benefit their pending retirement.

He stood alongside her still dressed in his trucker's over-the-road gear, twill pants and a printed t-shirt, as she tried to take in what it was he presented her. He had not yet even stopped by his home. He'd only given Janet, his wife a quick call to let her know he was dropping off a box with Ilysa. "Just remember," Janet had teased him, "I have first dibs on your body."

"Keep that pussy warm, honey, I'll be right there." They'd both chuckled and hung up.

Now as he stared at the luscious, nude body of his Swedish partner, he saw her face blanch, her shoulders droop as though she'd been struck a blow.

"Oh, shit," Ilysa exclaimed. "You didn't!" Since she almost never swore, her sudden change in attitude startled him.

"What," Rick asked afraid somehow he'd done something horribly wrong.

He watched, his panic rising as Ilysa furiously checked the files in her email account. "Shit, shit, shit." She pounded her desk in frustration. "I sent you guys an email telling you the couple who owned that house had changed the date for their vacation . . . "

"We never got any emails . . . ," Rick interrupted.

"I see that," Ilysa leaned back putting her hands over her face. "Somehow I wrote it, but I didn't send it." Her heart was pounding. "I could have got you guys caught and the whole thing, Truckers' Annuity, everything would have gone up in smoke and all of us would have landed in jail! What the hell was I thinking." She looked up at Rick, tears beginning. Rick stood over her, his mouth agape.

"We got lucky," he breathed collapsing into a chair. "And those other two . . . ." Rick's heart was pounding.

"What?" It was Ilysa's turn to be perplexed. What else could have gone wrong, she was thinking. What loose end was waiting to do them in.

"Yeah," Rick began. "We weren't going to tell you about it because it really didn't matter, but as we were liberating that box another set of burglars came into the house looking for the same thing." He exhaled noisily and dropped into a chair. "We bagged them and left them alongside the road."

"You didn't hurt them," Ilysa asked thinking they might have done something to them leaving yet another loose end.

"No, no," Rick said. "They were fine when we left them."

The mischievous look on his face prompted her. "Did they have their clothes on?" Ilysa suspected they had done something. It just wasn't in their nature not to have had some fun with them. She had tipped her chair back on all four legs and was leaning on her elbows over her computer staring at Rick.

"Yeah. When we told the one we put the heater on how it worked, she became still like a rock. I'd bet she didn't move until the zip strips melted apart."

"She?" Ilysa dragged out the word, then repeated it. "She?" She began again. "This 'she' was standing somewhere in the woods naked?" She glared at Rick. "Were they both female," Ilysa asked caustically.

"No. The other one was her brother." Rick said trying to sound as though it was all in an evening's work.

"So here's the girl, young and pretty, I expect and she's naked cause she just happened to be too warm and took off her clothes. And you two left her in the woods with your DNA running down her legs."

Rick jumped in, "I didn't say we . . . ,"

"You didn't say you fucked her? No, you didn't, but I'm betting that if she was anyway attractive, the two of you relieved her of any virtue she had left."

"We used condoms," Rick said quietly. "Besides they wouldn't tell. They were burglars, just like us."

"Not in the story they would tell the cops," Ilysa reproved him.

There was silence.

"Well, it's whatever it is now," Ilysa said opening the box. She removed the gold bars and dumped the cash on the table. There was just over one hundred sixty thousand in cash plus the gold bars.

"I don't know what I can do with the gold bars, so I'll just put them away. Lord knows I can't just take them to the bank and deposit them." In a minute she looked at him with a smile. "At any rate I've got another one for you." She told them about Red Mesa. She didn't tell him about the two men she may have killed and she left out the cop who would become her husband. "It probably won't be anyway near what you already have here," she said as she finished her story.

Rick was nodding in agreement. He had been barely listening. As long as he had been working with her, he could still not get over carrying on a conversation with a beautiful, but naked Swedish woman. However, he said nothing about how difficult her nakedness made it for him to concentrate on what she was saying. What was there to say?

Catching Rick staring at her crotch, she teased him. "Do I need to comb that?" She used her fingers as a comb. He squirmed. "Loan me your comb."

He handed over his comb and watched as she used it on the small patch of curls she allowed to remain. "You know," she said coyly, "you can't stay the night." He nodded. "You have to go home and take care of Janet. Maybe tomorrow afternoon?" The plan required no further discussion. Rick shifted his weight to adjust for the tightness at his crotch.

Their conversation moved back to the next contributor to Truckers Annuity, Mr. Darrin B. Holteizer, the motel owner in Tuba City, AZ. It was decided that he and Sandy would make the transfer of funds at night in Kayenda, AZ after Mr. Holteizer had had his steak and pie, not to mention after he had also had his fill of the band's singer. It would be late. They would carjack him as he arrived in the hotel parking lot.

Sandy would have disabled security devices, the horn, and anything else he saw that might summon help from any body guards that might be lurking nearby. Ilysa told them only that there had been "rumored" to be body guards nearby at all times, but that she hadn't seen any evidence of them. Sandy and Rick would have checked the parking lot thoroughly before the evening arrival of Mr. Holteizer just in case. The heist would be aborted if it appeared that they could cause a problem.

They set a date three weeks later when Sandy and Rick would have delivered their loads and be returning to pick up another load. Ilysa had still made no mention of Sargent Mark Townsend, but she was thinking of making the trip perhaps even introducing him to Sandy and Rick.

As they were concluding their work, Janet called. "You're not fucking my husband," she asked jovially. "You tell him to get home. I need some of that lovin'."

"On his way," Ilysa responded with a laugh. "You might bring her back for an overnight," Ilysa commented suggestively. "Get a sitter for the kids."

Rick's discomfort grew exponentially. Yep, he thought, I sure could do that.

Rick left, the essence of a plan forming. She heard the diesel start and pull away. Quiet returned to her apartment.

*****

"I really like this arrangement," Janet said leaning far back and stretching. Rick and Sandy were off on their latest funding venture. Ilysa and Janet were left on their own. Sitting comfortably in Liysa's living room, they waited on a visitor.

Last night, Friday, Janet had opted to spend the night at Ilysa's apartment. Her teens found it an adventure to sleep on Ilysa's sleeper sofa. With a parental lock on the TV Janet allowed them to watch television far into the night. Though they virtually always fell asleep about the regular time, they loved the sense of freedom and experimentation.

Janet and Ilysa used the bedroom as a hideaway checking on the children occasionally and turning off the TV when sleep had overtaken the young viewers. Things were different at Ilysa's than at home. The rules were different. Meals always involved consensus even if sweets were a rare component. Everyone pitched in with preparation and cleanup. Homework had to be completed before TV or excursions to the mall or movies, but there was plenty of help with both Ilysa and Janet there for guidance in getting through tough or complicated homework assignments.

Clothing was optional. Fresh air was valued. Ilysa had been brought up in Sweden with the windows open whenever possible. They stayed open throughout the warm weather and far into the colder months. She was also used to a lack of modesty that startled Americans. She almost never wore clothes alone at home or even with close friends visiting.

Now, as Janet leaned back she demonstrated her adventurousness with her nudity. The children, having grown up in American prudishness, were more tentative, but still they emulated Ilysa and their mother as far as they felt they could. Their small steps were leading them to experience and enjoy more and more freedom.

An expected knock on the door brought Ilysa to her feet. A quick glance at her smart phone camera in the hallway outside her door showed that Steve had arrived. He had been working hard at restoring himself to their good graces and was making progress. However, he was still on probation, a fact that Ilysa continually made clear. She opened the door for him.

"Good morning," he said smiling. "Is it OK that I brought doughnuts?" He handed the box to a small hand reaching around Ilysa's waist from behind.

"Sure," she said redundantly as the children had already hurried to investigate its contents.

"Jeez," Janet complained mockingly, "you are incorrigible."

Steve stepped inside past Ilysa, but Ilysa stood in the doorway a moment longer. Mr. Foster, her across-the-hall neighbor roused from breakfast by the knock on Ilysa's door stood gazing at her. "You certainly are beautiful," he said.

"I know you're just an old lecher, but I love compliments." She let the retiree have his fill of her nudity even doing a quick twirl for him. "Now don't let your wife catch you!" She teased him with another quick twirl and closed the door. In truth his wife didn't know what to make of her new neighbor, but she appreciated the extra attention she received from her husband at bedtime now that the new neighbor had moved in. She had thought her sex life was over.

The plan for today was for Steve to take the girls to the mall. He would use them as decoys as he had Ilysa on occasion. He was hoping to demonstrate his better side thus continuing his attempts to win his way back into the good graces of Ilysa and the Watkins family.

When Ilysa had first arrived in town without a place to stay, at Rick's request, he had taken her in. However, unable to restrain himself that night, he had handcuffed her to the bed and, as he had termed it later, made love to her. She had a different word for what he had done. She was furious about it and that he had made her sleep handcuffed to the bed that night. For months he had been excommunicated, as he called it. Now he jumped at every chance to make amends.

The children had never been told the specifics, but knew generally that there had been some sort of disagreement. That only made Steve with his gun and badge more of an intriguing companion.

"One," Janet told them as powdered sugar began to snow on Haley's chest and a glob of jelly landed in Danielle's lap.

"You girls better get ready. Don't keep Steve waiting," Janet called. Then looking at Danielle's lap, she said, "Get that jelly off."

Snickering Danielle picked up the jelly with her extended finger and put it in her mouth. Her mother rolled her eyes. "I didn't see that," she said with an air of exasperation. Steve who had watched the progress of the jelly from the time it dripped from the doughnut moved to try to conceal his interest.

The girls got up. Hayden brushed some of the powdered sugar off. "How do you want us dressed?"

"Jeans and such. Like normal girls wandering around the mall." They nodded and headed off to the shower to remove the doughnut debris from their bodies.

"Shall we meet you at the mall for lunch," Ilysa asked.

"Yeah, the girls will probably be ready to go home by then."

They chatted until the girls were ready. As they were leaving Janet called out, "Take care not to shoot them."

"Been a long time since I've done that. Don't think it will happen today," Steve replied. With a chuckle they parted.

Janet and Ilysa finished their coffee and each ate a doughnut, then another. "Better watch out," Janet said patting her stomach. "I don't want to have to buy new clothes." They put the dishes up. "Shower," Janet asked.

She reached out and, taking Ilysa's hand headed for the bathroom. Their they found remnants of the dusting of powdered sugar left behind by Hayden. Janet rolled her eyes again. "We can get it later," she said stepping into the shower. Ilysa followed. They crowded away from the cold water until it turned acceptably warm then plunged in.

"I'll do yours first," Ilysa told Janet taking the shampoo bottle. She turned Janet so she could work on her from the back. Using the spray she wet her hair and applied the shampoo. As she worked it in Janet pressed close. "Mm," slipped from her lips several times. Ilysa used her soapy hands to lather Janet's breasts. Then soaped the rest of her body adding more shampoo. Between her legs she found stubble.

"I'm going to shave you." She lathered Janet's pussy and legs, then skillfully and erotically shaved her. She rinsed her with the spray then knelt between her legs warm water splashing on both of them. With her tongue and light nibbles she sent thrills through her entire body. Janet clung to her head trembling.

They traded positions for Janet to wash Ilysa's hair. When she began to kneel in front of Ilysa, Ilysa stopped her. "Let's finish on the bed."

Bodies dry, hair in towel turbans they lay on Ilysa's bed. Slowly, quietly they began to caress each other. After many minutes Janet rolled on top of Ilysa. They lay with their chests together still moving slowly, erotically. Their hips ground their pussies together. As slow movements became harder to control, the grinding increased in intensity until their moans became urgent.

Ilysa could feel Janet's clit grinding against hers sending thrills so intense even her toes and her hair became part of her climax.

The lay quietly again, stroking each other, pinching lightly their nipples. Janet turned, positioning her pussy over Ilysa's face.

After a second shared climax they pulled up the covers and napped.

*****

Hayden and Danielle were thrilled to be part of a police investigation, even if it wasn't really a full fledged investigation and even if all they were doing was wandering around the mall with Rick. After all, Rick had a gun and a badge, and he could arrest people. Maybe something would happen and they'd be right there when it happened. They might even get on TV!

"You must," he emphasized the word 'must' then started again. "You can't think for yourselves and do something else just because you want to. You must do what I tell you. No questions. No second thoughts."

They nodded as if a puppeteer were pulling strings attached to their heads. "I don't think you're listening," Rick said scowling. "This is very serious. You must do exactly what I tell you when I tell you to do it. If we have a problem especially, you mustn't think for yourselves. Just do what I tell you." His face had reddened. He looked frighteningly serious. He even scared them a little. This wasn't like shopping with their mother.

"Got it," he asked sternly. "You're going to be cops just like me."

They pulled themselves up straight. Cops! OK, they could do that. Cops! "OK Rick, we'll do just what you tell us to do," Hayden responded. Danielle nodded vigorously. Then both waited for their assignment.

"Great. First, don't forget to call me daddy. Stay near me, but we don't have to hold hands. If something bad happens, go inside the closest store and get down behind a counter." They nodded agreement, their eyes wide. This was for real.

They had wandered the mall for an hour or so when a big man, kind of scruffy looking, almost frightening approached. Homeless maybe. A faded plaid flannel shirt hung outside his ragged jeans. Only the toes of his sneakers could be seen as his jeans dragged on the floor. He bumped into Rick who gave him a push to send him on his way. They looked up at Rick expectantly. "Aren't you gonna arrest him or something," Hayden said in a loud whisper. Rick ignored them. He seemed to be more interested in something in the store window they were leaning against.

Anyway, it didn't make any difference. When they looked up, the man had disappeared. Rick found their hands almost without thinking and walked them in another direction. Puzzled they walked along with him. Two girls and their daddy walking the mall.

The door, unmarked, was about halfway down a narrow, unmarked corridor. They'd never even noticed this corridor before. It held no glittering incentives of the mall stores. No music even. It was clean, but otherwise it was freakishly quiet. Rick stopped and pulled the girls to him. "We're going through one of these doors in a second. When I open the door, you are to walk quickly inside. I don't want to hold the door open for but a second. Got that?" They nodded.

There were several doors along the corridor. Suddenly Rick stopped and opened a door. They scurried inside finding themselves in a room the size of a small waiting room with a beat-up table and some beat-up chairs. There was another door on the far side of the small room. "Sit." They sat.

After a moment the far door opened and the man that had jostled Rick came in. "Hi girls," he said pleasantly. "I'm Joe the Vagrant." Hayden and Danielle gave a small startled cry and looked at Rick. They clearly wanted to run.

"Jeez, man, don't scare the poor things," Rick sounded pissed. "Ladies," he continued, "this is Joe, I won't give you his last name," he smirked, "if he has a last name. He's the mall vagrant. People shy away from him if they even notice him." He reached up to Joe and pulled the faded shirt aside revealing a holstered Glock. "He's also an undercover guy like me."

The girls relaxed some, but seemed still afraid of the big vagrant.

"What's up," Rick asked Joe who sat in one of the rickety chairs.

"Two guys, third floor, last near the new electronics store. They got tote bags that didn't come from the mall. You might be taking the girls to the number eight restroom or window shopping in the sporting goods store or that risque lingerie store. If you move on the two guys, you can stash the girls in the lingerie store."

Rick nodded. "Come on ladies, let's get us some bad guys."

"Nice meeting you," Hayden said hesitantly.

Joe smiled and nodded. "Even my own kids are afraid of me dressed like this." He paused then said, "Remember don't say anything to me when you see me in the mall or point me out to your friends."

12