All Comments on 'Nightingale'

by BurntRedstone

Sort by:
  • 208 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thank you for the read!

Guestjim2Guestjim22 months ago

It's a great story well structured and written. Most of the sex is intrinsic to the story. Most! Impressive.

scurvy4scurvy42 months ago

A very good story as is true almost all of the time from BurntRedstone, one of my favorite authors.

One thing that bothered me was that a good mother (Suzanne) would let her daughter (Sam) go do errands alone when a violent person (Roxy) was loose and might be nearby.

Also there were some English issues (such as using "you're" instead of "your" in a couple of places).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Unreal how good this story was... the best novels (before the digital age) were called "page turners." In that vein, I simply couldn't stop reading this one until the end. Full character arcs, a panorama of characters with unique attributes and motivations. As many others have stated in the comments below, you truly have writing talent!!

KernflakesKernflakesabout 1 month ago

How I missed this story in all of your other ones, I will not understand. Read your Shepard stories ages ago, along with some other, but never read this until just now. I was missing out. Such an amazing story. Put it right up there in my top 5 all time favorites!!! Would love to see a sequel to this one day!

alan_deealan_dee26 days ago

Reads so good it would be easy to see this story as a movie.

xtrail65xtrail6511 days ago

Fucking hell…. I can't help but become emotionally involved with all the characters in your stories.

Once again, thank you, a truly riveting tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 23 hours ago

Still one of the great storys.. I just found the reaction to his Dad Matheo too much. So many women have one-nighters and move on without ever caring about the "sticky idiots" who try to hang on about what they (rather he) shared. "Oh, it was nothing" or "just an small fling" or just some fun. "What? Whats up with that creep, does'nt he have an live?" (...) Are the daily shots, if not beeing ignored or mocked. So the father Matheo had an one night stand with Dorothy and obviously even did not know about the pregnancy of that woman - who was emotionally so instabile and incapable to live her live and choose drugs and alcohol addiction instead of responsibility for her child. The child that she convinced and choosed to have. But blaming an traveling musican? Oh my. Ya know, there are millions of men that had an truly loved relationship, loved their women/wifes and give everything long jears for their family & children - until they got an letter of divorce - because their wife was "up-dating" behind their back just because the wife missing exitement. "He does'nt make me happy anymore" or "the new men she don't really know is soo great and cool - so nothing the previous man ("hubby") investet and done for their family does worth anything anymore. Does'nt matter to rip their love of the father & children apart, because she's missing exitement, more money or "feeling wanted". So - does that justify the men to hang out every night in strip-clubs, taking whores, drugs and being alcohol-addicted instead of caring for their children? They did not loose an one-night-stand with an barely known person. No, they lost many jears of true love, investment and their children (and got the right to see them every 2 weeks, but need to pay every month 500-2000 €/$/£ and more per month for them, plus loosing their house and need to pay alimory for the ex-wife living standart with her new fucker. Oh, right - this is an pure fictional fantasy story. BUT - if the author tryed soo hard to make an high-moral story about racisem and poor vs wealth... well, then please don't be so one-sidet blind. If Raphael critisices Samantha for being brilliant but having the blind spot at her choosen boyfriend - well yes, thats the point exactly. If Raph is the rightous hero, how can it be ok to wish his unguilty father dead? How can it be ok to paint the pictue one-sidet black/white, only grey-in-grey at the other side and then choose wich one is more colorful? Noo... You got me hooked to the story and it is an good end. But in term of "hero", "character" or moral, i got problems with some points of ethic sights.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBurntRedstone@BurntRedstone
Welcome! I've added a Twitter feed (@burntredstone) where I will post updates as well. My stories are being submitted (gradually) to Amazon. As I understand I'm not allowed to include URLs to other sites here, you can find the books if you search for author name B Redstone ...

SIMILAR Stories