Nigkala Tales Pt. 18: So Many Interruptions

Story Info
It’s amazing what people don’t see.
19.9k words
4.83
1.5k
2
0

Part 18 of the 39 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 01/30/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nigkala Tales Pt. 18: So many interruptions

It's amazing what people don't see

Thanks to my editor kenjisato. Also, to LanguageTool. Combined, they put me right. Any problems left all belong to me.

Don't forget to rate the story, and comment on it.

= = = = = = = = = =

Since the Mortal Kombat movie made money, it was inevitable that another would be made. It took several years, before a script was created, then it made the rounds to find a producer, and then a director. Once it reached this point, casting began. I was offered the role of Obsidian again, and Angel and Jewel were offered their roles as well.

Finally, shooting began. We were in a mountainous area, miles from the nearest small town. They had tents for makeup and costuming. Our trailers were a half-mile away, and we were driven to the set with off-road vehicles. They wanted wild terrain. Some of the crew carried guns, in case wildlife showed up.

That night, I had a strange dream, of the capture of my soul, only it wasn't me. I could not understand it. The next morning, I asked Inanna.

"My Queen, my dreams last night were disturbing. It felt real, yet I don't see how it can be."

"What happened?"

"I saw almost nothing, but it felt as though my soul was being sucked up into some sort of prison."

"Show me, as best you can."

I did my best to remember it.

"It is real. Someone you are very close to has been enslaved or worse. You learned of it because there is a connection between you two. You may be able to use that connection to find the soul. Restoring it back to the body will not be easy, as a body without a soul quickly succumbs and dies within hours. Daughter, given how long it has been, I fear the body is dead now. All that is left will be vengeance and the soul's release when you find it."

"I will seek the one responsible. How much time will I have?"

"Regrettably, there is no hurry. Trapping the soul takes powerful magic, and if it fails, the soul will go free. This means the one, who collected it, has gone to great effort to keep it. As to finding it, your own power works against you. Your range of detection is very large, and you have never learned to track souls, so that, too, will take time."

"Can you teach me?"

"I will try. It can be a difficult task even for the gods. Tonight, I will instruct you as you sleep. What to do is easy enough. Making it work for you will be much more difficult. The last one I taught took several months to learn this skill."

"Thank you, my Queen. I shall study hard."

Soon enough, I was in makeup, getting prepped for today's shoot. There was a lot of climbing, and even some wire work. That night, Inanna instructed me. I had little time the next day to try, as the shooting schedule was busy with some minor fights that needed a number of retakes due to assorted problems. What little chance I had to focus, I got inconsistent results that seemed to say it was getting closer and the direction changed on occasion.

With all the reshoots, I was rather stressed by the end of the day, so rather than meditate to practice my new skill; I just meditated to go to sleep. When I woke up, I could almost feel it, but when I focused on it, it always seemed to be in a different place than before. A rash of accidents in the morning prevented us from getting much work done. We needed the afternoon light for the big monster scene. I was again the hero's ally, and not destined to win against it.

I was just beginning to fight the big monster when another monster suddenly appeared. Unlike the one I was fighting, the second monster wasn't in the script, nor did it seem to be taking directions. When one of the cast members went up to the actor in the monster suit, the monster's mouth got impossibly wide, and bit his arm deeply. There was blood everywhere, and the monster tossed the victim aside before going after another. The director called a stop, and all but this monster stopped. Those closest backed away. One of the crew with a gun warned he would shoot its leg if it didn't stop.

Another person was caught and bit, so a shot was heard. The monster seemed to ignore it. That made me realize something wasn't right. I used my spirit sense and suddenly realized it was real but not human. I also realized the weapons on set weren't going to take it down. So I decided to take matters into my own hands.

The first thing I did was to ditch my sword and summon a real sword and dagger, with the durability enchantment. Next, I summoned my battle augmentations, except for the speed, as it made my nerves glow. Then I set my extra arms to battle-magic mode, which should hold them back out of the way. I then leapt high and yelled to get its attention, as I closed to attack. I started cursing it with assorted Mortal Kombat-style curses. When it saw someone coming at itself with a large blade, it focused on me and attacked me.

I used my dagger to block its claws, and after scoring my initial hit with the sword, used the sword to keep it focused on me. My own leaps kept it in motion, trying to keep me in sight. When I realized its blood was yellow, not red, I started going for more cuts. I was waiting for the people to realize that this was both real and some kind of monster, and not a man in a monster suit. I also kept up my monolog in case they were filming. I couldn't waste time trying to figure it out during the battle. Additionally, I used pinpoint wind to keep my extra arms out of its way, and even occasionally to change where I landed after a jump.

When I sensed the people realized this danger was real, and not some kind of Hollywood makeup, I stepped up my attacks, risking glowing nerves. However, I only did my nerve augmentation where my skin was covered. This essentially translated to moving around and leaping quicker, but my arms got nothing. It did, however, provide me with a small edge as it tried to follow me about. I had also learned enough to somewhat predict its attacks. Repeating short sequences, I hoped they could later merge them into me using four arms to attack. I began to inflict numerous cuts, sometimes referred to as the death-of-a-thousand-cuts. I didn't plan to make that many, but with all the yellow blood leaking, I figured it would slow down quickly.

I was disappointed, as it was quite able to endure damage, but after nearly thirty minutes, I realized it was finally slowing down. I was able to get in some deeper cuts, and I also upped my game with my verbal assault. Then I spotted my chance. I had relocated, and in its twisting and turning to follow me, I realized I had a small window. The next time I made such a move, I used that window. I went for a decapitation shot and the sword went the whole way through. I jumped back, in case it could survive this, and used my spirit sense, to see if it did.

When I realized it was truly dead, I thrust my sword into the air and shouted, "Flawless Victory." Then I held still for thirty seconds, just hoping.

I heard the director shout, "CUT! PRINT!" then he came to me and said, "How the hell did you do that, and what the effin hell is that thing."

Suddenly, the body started to decay into nothing, with just a wisp of smoke leaving it.

I quietly said, "Something not of this world. You said 'cut', and 'print'. Does that mean it is on film?"

"Not at the start, but when it was clear it was focused on you, the camera man started rolling. Soon after, I saw the camera on you and realized you were fighting in character. That's when I knew you thought you were up to the challenge. I signaled for quiet, and others realized we were rolling. We were worried about all its blood, until we realized it was the wrong color. We were still worried, but about you. Especially since the bullets seemed to have no effect on it. Do you know why that might be?"

"It had a very tough hide, at least as tough as an elephant's. Those bullets likely bounced."

"Then how the hell did your prop sword work?"

"My prop sword is over behind the table. This sword is real obsidian."

"... I knew you had one, but I thought you didn't bring it."

"I did not. But I have some abilities that are not accepted by science. Having this blade in a time of need is one such. Don't worry about it. What worries me is who sent the monster?"

"That monster was sent?"

"I think this morning's accidents might have been a warm-up, designed to make tempers flare. Who is here today that was not here yesterday?"

"That rules the cast, and crew out. The caterers are all that are left."

"Then I shall examine them. Don't let them leave. Please try to pass this off as a special effect. That should keep people calm. In the meantime, I am going hunting."

Walking over behind the table, I dismissed the real obsidian blades, and picked up the prop one. The director was following and saw this, so I just smiled and put my finger to my lips a moment. He nodded.

The director started making a racket, making sure everything was in order, and that the medics had seen to those hurt. As he did this, I snuck out of sight, and used my spirit sense to examine everyone here, starting in the catering area. Most were recovering from fear, and showed clear relief at things going back to normal. There was one who was evidencing anger and frustration. There was also some kind of power about him.

Deciding I needed more cover than was available, I summoned wind, and I fed it summoned dust, to make a brief dust storm. As it obscured everything, I used my rock sense to move quietly, staying hidden in the dust cloud. Something must have alerted him, as he turned around just before I got to him.

"Who are you, and why did you bring that monster?"

Rather than replying, he said some words I didn't understand, and suddenly a lightning bolt came from his hand and right into me. He clearly didn't expect me to smile, nor for me to absorb it. I took its power and shot it right back at him. It knocked him out completely. So I carried him to my trailer, adding a speed augment when I was out of sight. I searched him with all my senses. He was carrying three items that had power. While he was still out, I used my mental abilities to learn who he was, his purpose, and what these items were.

It was clear his mind was trained and strong. Well, so was mine, but I had been strengthened by a goddess, as well. I broke through his barriers, and laid him bare. I was stunned to learn the items were lesser talismans, and that he was a mage, like Mato warned me of. But most surprising was that the clear crystal was one made from the bunker. He apparently forced all that glass created by contact with me into this crystal. It was from this he drew the lightning. The monster was from another he had taken from a mage he defeated and stole his life to tame it. The third was his talisman to get him past all sorts of security. He made it from a retired government agent he had researched; to ensure all the needed skills were available.

While I would normally speak with Inanna, the fact that he stole the site An had made, I decided I should speak to him instead.

"Lord An, please forgive me. I have a matter that needs your attention."

"Yes, Priestess? What warrants my attention?"

"I have just captured an evil mage. While he has done many things that warrant punishment, it is the stealing of the soul of the site of power created when Enheduanna transferred her talisman to me that I note. I met a guardian of another site and learned of such predators. The mage attacked me by summoning a fierce monster. I prevailed, and in turn hunted him down. He tried to use lightning from the stolen site to attack me. I turned it back on him, and he was knocked out. I cannot turn him over to local authorities, as I can give them no proof of his acts. If I lock him up, I don't know how to keep him from escaping by magic. I ask your advice on how to proceed."

"Have you questioned him?"

"I have. He fought my will, but I prevailed. I have not had time to process all I learned, but I do know he is evil and even sought to steal my soul to make another talisman."

"Gather him and his effects into your arms." I did as asked. Suddenly, a lightning bolt came through my trailer's open door. Next thing I know, I am in his cloud throne room. Seeing a table clearly spread in front of me, I placed the mage on it, with the three talismans beside him.

I stepped back, and said, "Lord An, here is the evil one and the three lesser talismans he used to effect his will." I then bowed deeply, stood, and waited and watched quietly.

Lord An stood, and walked over. He examined each of the talismans, and when he got to the clear crystal, he looked at me and said, "You are linked to this one! How did that happen so quickly?"

"I recently was looking for a site of power, and the place of the ritual was the nearest, but far too weak to give me the cleansing I desired. I found another site farther away and was cleansed. The guardian of that one and I had a long talk about such sites, guardianship, and predators like this. Afterwards, curious, and a little concerned, I spent time at the ritual site, a small patch of sand on a game field. I saw its reaction to the little chi I gave it, so I decided to give it more. I think I hoped I could make it grow more powerful, for someone later to benefit from. Alas, I fear it was too constrained, as it could not seem to keep the chi I gave it, or the chi it gathered with my chi."

"It must have kept some, for that is the bond I sense. As to this one, show me what happened."

"I shall. Please look into my memories." I concentrated as I would for Inanna, and I felt his presence enter my mind. Soon he was directing the memory, focusing in on many things, and lastly what I read in the mage's mind. Then he left, and I knew he had what he wanted.

"You are right. It warrants my attention. He attacked my priest with her own power, though he knew it not. That he tried to enslave you is another reason. Leave him to me. You seem to have a knack with talismans. Take these lesser talismans, and bend them to your will."

"Yes, Lord An. What of the site's talisman?"

"You would do something different?"

"I would restore it to nature. But if it is possible, I would restore it in another place. The bunker felt far too small."

"Hmm... A novel idea, that. It might be possible. You would need to find a suitable site, that is not already home to a power, yet with power about that it can grow in. Given how covered in people the planet is, that would be a difficult task."

"A task I am willing to take on."

"Then do your best and let me know the results. Likewise with the other talismans. Mages, such as he, find it far easier to steal a talisman than to make a talisman. It is not as powerful, but far easier to do."

"Yes, Lord An."

I knew he dismissed me as another lightning bolt struck me, and I was back in my trailer with the talismans. I also felt highly aroused, and saw the glow from my nipples. The pain from the strength of the bolt nearly overwhelmed the pleasure of my arousal. So I shoved a hand inside my skirt to masturbate, so I could relieve myself. I also willed the excess power into the trailer's grounding system. I was surprised that my other hand threw at least a dozen bolts into the ground system before the glow faded. Just to be sure, I threw more, and learned I still had power for four bolts. Then I came, and another bolt came, but from my vagina. Unlike the others, it was not aimed well, and left a few scorch marks.

I straightened myself out, and hid the talismans in a high cupboard before leaving the trailer. I returned to the set and found the place was like a kicked beehive, with everyone going all over the place. I managed to sneak up to the director's side and when he noticed me, he was startled.

"Where have you been?"

"My hunt was successful. That evil will not trouble us or anyone else ever again."

"Dead?"

"No, but he may wish for it soon enough. It does not endear you to a god by attacking his priestess. It is out of my hands."

"You are a priestess? You have been called many things, but I never heard anything like that."

I whammied him. "Nor do I want you to say anything about it. Just say the law took him away. It is nearly the truth, anyway. Understood?"

"Yes, Helen. Your secret is safe."

Suddenly, he shouted to get everyone's attention. When he had it, he said, "The threat is over, and everyone can go back to the trailers. We'll be busy tomorrow, and we have probably added a day to the shooting schedule."

I turned in, feeling mentally exhausted from the battle of wills and the interrogation of the mage's mind. When a staffer came in to wake me, I knew I needed the rest, as I am usually up by then. I also learned that we were going to reshoot yesterday's morning schedule, as we weren't able to get much done yesterday. Later, I overheard the director say to the producer that it would give the writer a little time to accommodate yesterday's fight scene. No way would that go to the cutting room floor.

When the afternoon's shooting happened, I was barely in it. The hero and I went up to the villain. His first action was to summon the monster I fought yesterday. The hero tasked me with it as he and my ladies, Angel and Jewel, went after the villain. I also had to do a few lines they wrote for me to use while fighting the monster. I didn't learn until the release just how it all went together. The director and producer were so happy with the results, that they decided not to make up the lost time, and instead eat the small penalty for taking longer than expected.

When I finally got home, I enjoyed a long soak in my tub. After a while, I was feeling relaxed, so I spoke to Inanna.

"My Queen. I have news, a tale, and questions."

"Speak daughter. I see you are relaxing, so take the time to tell it well. I enjoy good tales."

"I fought a mage."

"What!? How did this happen? How did you win? Surely the mage knew better than to physically attack you!"

"I was on set. I think he was hunting me, from a trace he had on me. We suffered minor accidents all morning. For the big fight scene with the villain, he summoned a monster to attack everyone. He thought I would be forced to reveal myself. I did, but not as he thought I would. I quickly realized its nature, and knew I must kill it. My time sparring with Hugeng taught me much, including how to reinforce and strengthen my body. I did that, and defeated the monster with no apparent magic. He may have sensed something, but he saw nothing. After I dispatched it, I began hunting him. I caused a local dust storm to hide in, and used my spirit sense to locate someone who didn't belong. There was one who was angry and frustrated, who stood out from the rest who were somewhat fearful.

"I confronted him, asking why he sent the monster. He answered by attacking me with a powerful lightning bolt. An's bolts are far more powerful, and this one just was absorbed by my body. I caused it to strike back on the mage, who was not able to withstand it. I took his unconscious form to my trailer and let the dust settle. I questioned him, then called upon An for advice. He brought us to his cloud throne and questioned me before examining him. He gave me the mage's talismans in turn to me, but kept the mage for suitable punishment for attacking and trying to enslave his priestess. An sent me back. I intend to seek this mage's abodes and search them for other troubling things, to keep them from other evil people. I need to do this soon, before people realize he is no longer a free man."

"It seems your little dragon protected you. He clearly underestimated you, in several ways. I am surprised you didn't know he was about, because I thought that was a property of the tattoo."

"Come to think of it, I was uneasy all day, for no apparent reason. That may be how it tells me there is an enemy about. It will be difficult to train that, as enemies have not been plentiful."